Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:04 pm Jacking prices up and reducing production does seem like the better business option for as long as people keep buying the new higher priced stuff.
I am shocked we're still at 17.5Million new cars at 38k average per vehicle. That's a lot of rich people in this country... A LOT.
Or a lot of debtors... incomes aren't going up for most people. At least that's what I like to think to feel better about myself being "poor" despite making OK money with low-ish expenses. I sure as hell can't afford a $38k car.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:32 pm

I am shocked we're still at 17.5Million new cars at 38k average per vehicle. That's a lot of rich people in this country... A LOT.
Or a lot of debtors... incomes aren't going up for most people. At least that's what I like to think to feel better about myself being "poor" despite making OK money with low-ish expenses. I sure as hell can't afford a $38k car.
$500 a month with 5k down and near 0 interest. :disgust:
max225

max225

M3 is going up... I had that POS and sold it, my plan was to hold on to it since I think E46s are going to appreciate like E30s, however, the car was way too much of a pile+liability.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:57 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:43 pm Or build rail cars at the car plants instead of ending production? :iono:
They don't need/want more rail cars. Once this crazy econ slows down they are going to be "sitting" on all these assets.

Look at all this waste.
This is exactly the issue. More railcars have been needed for about a year now, but the rail companies don't want to invest because they know we're at a spike in vehicle volume.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:52 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:57 pm

They don't need/want more rail cars. Once this crazy econ slows down they are going to be "sitting" on all these assets.

Look at all this waste.
This is exactly the issue. More railcars have been needed for about a year now, but the rail companies don't want to invest because they know we're at a spike in vehicle volume.
They are not :wrong:
max225

Ford budget cuts are so apparent in their vehicle redesigns it is fucking sad. :wtf: is this half assed monstrosity.

Vertical tablet :disgust: Basically same vehicle from the front back... and the front end is uglier than before.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:53 pm Image

Ford budget cuts are so apparent in their vehicle redesigns it is fucking sad. :wtf: is this half ass monstrosity.

Vertical tablet :disgust: Basically same vehicle from the front back... and the front end is uglier than before.
Noooo not the explorer
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I actually laughed when I saw the interior. Fuck that is not attractive.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:25 pm I actually laughed when I saw the interior. Fuck that is not attractive.
The tablet glued to the dash interior needs to stop. This is the worst yet by far.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:26 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:25 pm I actually laughed when I saw the interior. Fuck that is not attractive.
The tablet glued to the dash interior needs to stop. This is the worst yet by far.
Gotta give people even more incentive to step up to the Aviator :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:32 pm

6+ year loans and people not giving a crap when they’re upside down, no? I make great money with no debt and got scared of a 200 dollar bike payment :facepalm:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

This would be a contestant to the model 3
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Kinda want to dynamat the doors of my :truk:

Maybe the doors of the :poorvette: too
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:53 pm Image

Ford budget cuts are so apparent in their vehicle redesigns it is fucking sad. :wtf: is this half assed monstrosity.

Oh my that is terrible.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Audi agrees, this is their latest design, Q8 is a :disgust: waste of metal but it gets the latest interior appointments from the German luxury brand and although I'm :wrong: , seeing it in person makes me think it looks absolutely :tits:

Case in point:

NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

.... why do hvac controls need to be touchscreen?
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Speaking of Ford headlines today - Ford to Cut Thousands of Jobs in Europe, Eyes Plant Closures

-Jaguar Land Rover ‘to Cut 5,000 Jobs’ at UK Plants
-Ford Assures US Factory Worker Jobs Will Be Shifted, Won't Be Cut
-It’s 2005 All Over Again as Ford Teeters on the Edge of Junk
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

https://petrolicious.com/marketplace/20 ... -944-turbo

Nice page dedicated to a particular 944 Turbo, 1989. Very informative and nice to read. The car sold in less than 2 weeks.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I don't understand the verticle tablet at all. They had plenty of room to put it horizontal lol
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:derp: like touchscreens and in order to get them to function they need to be yuuge and actually respond to a touch. The Sync screen in the Fiesta is so small it's all but useless while moving.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:22 pm Kinda want to dynamat the doors of my :truk:

Maybe the doors of the :poorvette: too
It made a hyuuggeeee difference when I did the doors in my F150. I used a different brand than dynamat though, that stuff is :waxer:
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am :derp: like touchscreens and in order to get them to function they need to be yuuge and actually respond to a touch. The Sync screen in the Fiesta is so small it's all but useless while moving.
I don't hate touch screens, especially when they're large. But they need to look better integrated like that Audi example. The glued on iPad look is just awful. This Ford is the worst yet. No attempt to look integrated whatsoever.

The exterior design looks like the old Explorer.

Was anything done with the platform? Or is it the same ancient Taurus platform from 20 years ago?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am :derp: like touchscreens and in order to get them to function they need to be yuuge and actually respond to a touch. The Sync screen in the Fiesta is so small it's all but useless while moving.
I don't hate touch screens, especially when they're large. But they need to look better integrated like that Audi example. The glued on iPad look is just awful. This Ford is the worst yet. No attempt to look integrated whatsoever.

The exterior design looks like the old Explorer.

Was anything done with the platform? Or is it the same ancient Taurus platform from 20 years ago?
Ford must've got tired of paying all the warranty claims on the Sync systems. It's so bad they gave away 5year warranties on them. Mine hasn't failed yet, but seems to be freaking out and locking up more frequently.

edit: and I agree, this is very poorly integrated.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

Exploder is reported RWD biased. Interesting move.