The Garage at Bag End

Strut your greasy stuff!
User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Blue is the best color, this is true.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15573
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:05 pm
max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 pm


I'd fucking do it in a second if I could get it at Three Fiddy a month. My price will be double/tripple that and I'd rather roll in an M car instead for that type of money.

Also... I can't do 10k miles I need 12-15k
So...

...buy it? Residuals on :truk: 's are stupid high. Put some money down, unless you ain't got the funds, son.
I mentioned this to you already, they are selling above sticker here... Also... they are 45k+ (markup at some) vs 33k for a wranGAYler. And I don't have a use for a TRUK bed.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15573
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm
Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:05 pm


So...

...buy it? Residuals on :truk: 's are stupid high. Put some money down, unless you ain't got the funds, son.
A ZR2 purchase by Max would spike the price of West Texas intermediate by $20/barrel. That's just how it works.
I'm hedged against it for now... I still have a bit of oil stock which is down compared to everything tech which is up xxx :oops:

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26915
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 pm
Melon wrote:
Can't speak for Chris, but there are times on here where the line between friendly joking, and judgmental asshole isn't so clear.
I like to joke as much as the next man, but when it comes to people making life decisions, I always say "Go for it." because I respect people's ability to decide their own fate.
I don't jump someone's ass just because they do something I think is bad for them, or is something I'd never do myself. Like I said before, I respect you all enough to make those bad decisions.

Anyway, not singling anyone out here (Even though I'm quoting Max) just speaking from my own personal experience.
Fuck you.
:lolol:

(At least I hope you were joking)
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:30 pm

max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:24 pm
Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:05 pm


So...

...buy it? Residuals on :truk: 's are stupid high. Put some money down, unless you ain't got the funds, son.
I mentioned this to you already, they are selling above sticker here... Also... they are 45k+ (markup at some) vs 33k for a wranGAYler. And I don't have a use for a TRUK bed.
Jeeps are so basic bitch doe.

Old 4wd truk >>>> Jeep
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Also Max, the twins are pretty nice on the inside, and I know you like the Euro luxo.
It's the main reason I suggested it.

Jeeps are pretty basic bitch, but they have high residuals.

Old Taco would be the best for offroading fun time.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15573
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:30 pm
max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:24 pm

I mentioned this to you already, they are selling above sticker here... Also... they are 45k+ (markup at some) vs 33k for a wranGAYler. And I don't have a use for a TRUK bed.
Jeeps are so basic bitch doe.

Old 4wd truk >>>> Jeep
That's to you. I actually would like to have my trunk to be used for things that I actually carry. Like laptop/clothes bags/Groceries etc. I don't carry mulch like a peasant. I don't see the need to spend an extra 12k on a toy as is. There is nothing practical about either vehicle, and they are equally "cool" to me.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:38 pm

I disagree, trucks are immensely useful.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 pm

But, what does a lowly peasant like me know, compared to the almighty intellect of one Max.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5774
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm

My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15573
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:38 pm
I disagree, trucks are immensely useful.
It depends on the person. They are useless to me. Why does only your opinion matter in my situation?

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15573
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
GM#1
Truks#1

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5774
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm

max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm
Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:38 pm
I disagree, trucks are immensely useful.
It depends on the person. They are useless to me. Why does only your opinion matter in my situation?
1,346
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10674
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Maybe he hooked up a horse trailer to his :truk: so he could beat the horse literally...

Gotta get some use out of that thing somehow.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm

max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm
Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:38 pm
I disagree, trucks are immensely useful.
It depends on the person. They are useless to me. Why does only your opinion matter in my situation?
:dat: It does depend on the person. I was just making a point that the GM twins are more luxo than a Jeep, and I know you like that.

Go buy a Jeep breh, do Jeep stuff. Have fun with life.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Maybe he hooked up a horse trailer to his :truk: so he could beat the horse literally...

Gotta get some use out of that thing somehow.
:notbad:

Get some use out of that MR2 when I spank it later this month. Comeatmebro.jpg

Seriously, come on down, we airboaters can party with the best of them. Going to be a good time.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15573
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm
max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm


It depends on the person. They are useless to me. Why does only your opinion matter in my situation?
:dat: It does depend on the person. I was just making a point that the GM twins are more luxo than a Jeep, and I know you like that.

Go buy a Jeep breh, do Jeep stuff. Have fun with life.
Way better interior, and I'd love the 8 speed auto vs :manuel: but that comes at a huge price. If they were priced the same the choice would be much tougher.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 pm

max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 pm
Melon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm


:dat: It does depend on the person. I was just making a point that the GM twins are more luxo than a Jeep, and I know you like that.

Go buy a Jeep breh, do Jeep stuff. Have fun with life.
Way better interior, and I'd love the 8 speed auto vs :manuel: but that comes at a huge price. If they were priced the same the choice would be much tougher.
:word:

Doors and roof off to.
I'm a yuge fan of top down motoring.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26915
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:40 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
:dat:
I did get the impression that he was getting tired of the merry-go-round of this stupid :truk: /anti- :truk: talk.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26174
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am

Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
:dat: The people that are truck averse on this forum are very vocal about it.

Whatever. I wish I had a truk this morning for driving in through Ardmore. Automatic transmission, bigger vehicle that people aren't going to fuck with, suspension compliance with the Troy-coin-stash-gold painted shocks. It would have been way better than my anime sedan for that sort of duty. Even highways around here are fucking terrible as far as road surface is concerned, and Ardmore was disgusting. Hit the bump stops twice in the STI this morning, something that's only happened ONE time since I bought the car a year ago happened twice in 30 minutes because no municipality can keep roads in driveable shape. That's how I bent two of my 17" Denver wheels on my GTI.... Trucks are immune to this bullshit.

And really, when it comes down to it, that's what you're doing every day. You're commuting. The only advantage a small car has in that case is MPG. The truck has an advantage if you're doing a lot of house work, pinshit pallet furniture making, mountain bike hauling, mudcamping, etc. For Chris it's an ideal 3rd car. He has the lambo for fast driving and getting his enthusiast kicks. He has the Volt for high MPG road tripping or around town bar hopping. And he has the truck for all the other shit to do around the house and maybe some fun 4x4 stuff on the side.

IDK what the problem is. He bought what he wanted. I'm :jelly: that I couldn't get a truck because honestly that's what I'd rather drive anyway. Bigger NA engine, RWD, durability for bombed out poor excuses for roads in Trumpistan, literally nothing will break on this thing daily driving it, way less of a headache to own in that regard unless you're like me and need to fit whatever you own into a street spot sized for a Civic.

:sad:

I wanted to hear updates on the 8AT, how it did off road with the hoodrich shocks, how the dog likes it and if she can climb into the back seat on her own, how the bike rack is coming, etc.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 19146
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
:dat: The people that are truck averse on this forum are very vocal about it.

Whatever. I wish I had a truk this morning for driving in through Ardmore. Automatic transmission, bigger vehicle that people aren't going to fuck with, suspension compliance with the Troy-coin-stash-gold painted shocks. It would have been way better than my anime sedan for that sort of duty. Even highways around here are fucking terrible as far as road surface is concerned, and Ardmore was disgusting. Hit the bump stops twice in the STI this morning, something that's only happened ONE time since I bought the car a year ago happened twice in 30 minutes because no municipality can keep roads in driveable shape. That's how I bent two of my 17" Denver wheels on my GTI.... Trucks are immune to this bullshit.

And really, when it comes down to it, that's what you're doing every day. You're commuting. The only advantage a small car has in that case is MPG. The truck has an advantage if you're doing a lot of house work, pinshit pallet furniture making, mountain bike hauling, mudcamping, etc. For Chris it's an ideal 3rd car. He has the lambo for fast driving and getting his enthusiast kicks. He has the Volt for high MPG road tripping or around town bar hopping. And he has the truck for all the other shit to do around the house and maybe some fun 4x4 stuff on the side.

IDK what the problem is. He bought what he wanted. I'm :jelly: that I couldn't get a truck because honestly that's what I'd rather drive anyway. Bigger NA engine, RWD, durability for bombed out poor excuses for roads in Trumpistan, literally nothing will break on this thing daily driving it, way less of a headache to own in that regard unless you're like me and need to fit whatever you own into a street spot sized for a Civic.

:sad:

I wanted to hear updates on the 8AT, how it did off road with the hoodrich shocks, how the dog likes it and if she can climb into the back seat on her own, how the bike rack is coming, etc.
:dat:

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26174
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 am

I learned how to drive in an F150 out in bible land Texas. If you didn't have a Truk you were :gaydance: but really it was scary as shit being in a tiny car in that part of the world because of the behemoths all around you.

I loved my pickup. No it wasn't fast, and no it couldn't handle worth a damn, but it made V8 brubs, had a bench front seat for :hubba: , could cram 5 of my friends in it if needed, bed out back for :hubba: , and not a single god damn thing went wrong on it in the 80k miles / 5 years we had it. Nothing broke, nothing bent, no loss of power, no hesitation, no exploding water pumps, nothing. And we did some DUMB SHIT in that truck.

It was :mindblown: durable and a very :fuckyeah: ownership. Contrast that with my cars which have been nightmares to own...

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:59 am

Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm
max225 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm


It depends on the person. They are useless to me. Why does only your opinion matter in my situation?
1,346
:iswydt:
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8670
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
:dat: The people that are truck averse on this forum are very vocal about it.

Whatever. I wish I had a truk this morning for driving in through Ardmore. Automatic transmission, bigger vehicle that people aren't going to fuck with, suspension compliance with the Troy-coin-stash-gold painted shocks. It would have been way better than my anime sedan for that sort of duty. Even highways around here are fucking terrible as far as road surface is concerned, and Ardmore was disgusting. Hit the bump stops twice in the STI this morning, something that's only happened ONE time since I bought the car a year ago happened twice in 30 minutes because no municipality can keep roads in driveable shape. That's how I bent two of my 17" Denver wheels on my GTI.... Trucks are immune to this bullshit.

And really, when it comes down to it, that's what you're doing every day. You're commuting. The only advantage a small car has in that case is MPG. The truck has an advantage if you're doing a lot of house work, pinshit pallet furniture making, mountain bike hauling, mudcamping, etc. For Chris it's an ideal 3rd car. He has the lambo for fast driving and getting his enthusiast kicks. He has the Volt for high MPG road tripping or around town bar hopping. And he has the truck for all the other shit to do around the house and maybe some fun 4x4 stuff on the side.

IDK what the problem is. He bought what he wanted. I'm :jelly: that I couldn't get a truck because honestly that's what I'd rather drive anyway. Bigger NA engine, RWD, durability for bombed out poor excuses for roads in Trumpistan, literally nothing will break on this thing daily driving it, way less of a headache to own in that regard unless you're like me and need to fit whatever you own into a street spot sized for a Civic.

:sad:

I wanted to hear updates on the 8AT, how it did off road with the hoodrich shocks, how the dog likes it and if she can climb into the back seat on her own, how the bike rack is coming, etc.
I'll add to this with a simple statement.

It's my money, so fuck off.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 23386
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon sent this to me, and I HAD to come back to quote.

I didn't :rage: quit, I'm just done with the same shit over and over again. It's old, and I'm over it. Desert was generousness with his BS count.

Fuck you.

:micdrop:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests