How life sucked donkey balls today: the :eeyore : thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: On an absolute scale I am indeed lucky as fucking hell. I'm a healthy white male in the USA in 2017 with two white parents who aren't nuts and gave me a lot of shit that I absolutely DID NOT EARN...

Things happen in life that you don't cause. A fucking shit ton of things. You're not the master of reality. You're a lucky bastard.
Ahem, no such thing as luck. You were fortunate.

Luck is as real as god.
Synonymous terms are synonymous. This distinction you cling to is meaningless.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Synonymous terms are synonymous. This distinction you cling to is meaningless.
To me someone who believes in luck believes that the coin lands heads up for some people more often than others. This isn't true. The distinction is some people take advantage when it lands heads up and other people squander it.
You can't possibly believe that all people have equal chances at everything. The coins do indeed fall differently.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote:
[user not found] wrote: To me someone who believes in luck believes that the coin lands heads up for some people more often than others. This isn't true. The distinction is some people take advantage when it lands heads up and other people squander it.
You can't possibly believe that all people have equal chances at everything. The coins do indeed fall differently.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Synonymous terms are synonymous. This distinction you cling to is meaningless.
To me someone who believes in luck believes that the coin lands heads up for some people more often than others. This isn't true. The distinction is some people take advantage when it lands heads up and other people squander it.
:facepalm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Didn't get the job i applied to in san diego. Fuck this. I'm going to start looking in arizona.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

NeonJonny wrote:Didn't get the job i applied to in san diego. Fuck this. I'm going to start looking in arizona.
I'm going to Phoenix in February.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote:
NeonJonny wrote:Didn't get the job i applied to in san diego. Fuck this. I'm going to start looking in arizona.
I'm going to Phoenix in February.
:butwhy:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: I'm going to Phoenix in February.
:butwhy:
Flights are dirt cheap and it's warmer than here. Visit my sister, and we LOVE the desert. We're going to hike, take a trip up to Sedona, visit Jerome, Prescott, etc.

I like Phoenix a lot. Lived there for a year when I first moved out of MI. It's a :notbad: place.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: :butwhy:
Flights are dirt cheap and it's warmer than here. Visit my sister, and we LOVE the desert. We're going to hike, take a trip up to Sedona, visit Jerome, Prescott, etc.

I like Phoenix a lot. Lived there for a year when I first moved out of MI. It's a :notbad: place.
Sounds like a great time!
In4picsespeciallysister
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: Flights are dirt cheap and it's warmer than here. Visit my sister, and we LOVE the desert. We're going to hike, take a trip up to Sedona, visit Jerome, Prescott, etc.

Sounds like a great time!
In4picsespeciallysister
:lolol:
Littleazn248
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Mk6 Turbo Yaris/F30 335i

Well I have come to the further realization that I have trust issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh

Littleazn248 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:43 pm Well I have come to the further realization that I have trust issues.

Proceed.....
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Littleazn248
Spinbait
Spinbait

Desertbreh wrote:
Littleazn248 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:43 pm Well I have come to the further realization that I have trust issues.

Proceed.....
I literally trust no one now. I got backstabbed once again from a person I trusted.

Desertbreh

Littleazn248 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

Proceed.....
I literally trust no one now. I got backstabbed once again from a person I trusted.

Sounds like you don't have trust issues, you just need some better friends?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Littleazn248
Spinbait
Spinbait

Desertbreh wrote:
Littleazn248 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:56 pm I literally trust no one now. I got backstabbed once again from a person I trusted.

Yea I guess so, or to be just more selective. It's hard for me to find people I trust in general. Most people tend to take advantage/ use me so I really just give up on this whole friend/trust thing.

Desertbreh

Littleazn248 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Yea I guess so, or to be just more selective. It's hard for me to find people I trust in general. Most people tend to take advantage/ use me so I really just give up on this whole friend/trust thing.

The older you get, the harder it is to meet/retain reliable people around you who are in it for someone besides themselves. You just gotta keep plugging and make sure you maintain relationships with good people you've met already. They are hard to replace.
Littleazn248
Spinbait
Spinbait

Desertbreh wrote:
Littleazn248 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:02 pm Yea I guess so, or to be just more selective. It's hard for me to find people I trust in general. Most people tend to take advantage/ use me so I really just give up on this whole friend/trust thing.

The older you get, the harder it is to meet/retain reliable people around you who are in it for someone besides themselves. You just gotta keep plugging and make sure you maintain relationships with good people you've met already. They are hard to replace.
Yeah that sounds right. I was very open to this person and gave them my honest opinion to assist them through everything. It just really sucks to have this person ignore/ look down on me. I guess when people become successful they push aside those less useful to them. I usually give this person a fair amount of space as I know they need it, but this time it seems like I lost them for good.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Littleazn248 wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Sounds like you don't have trust issues, you just need some better friends?

I don't know abou you, but, don't always be like always happy to help, if someone calls you that you know they need "help" to use you, ignore them, or find something to flake on it.

I never trusted anyone more than I trusted my family/close relatives, even if I have a wonderful wife, I probably would take the same approach as well. But that's just me.

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Its not about being a jerk or having poor social skills. I've done nothing but help those around me. For the past few years I've watched 5 or 6 people trickle out of my life. When people get married they do their own thing. If you want friends be single and have a hobby with other single people.
Desertbreh

NeonJonny wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 pm Its not about being a jerk or having poor social skills. I've done nothing but help those around me. For the past few years I've watched 5 or 6 people trickle out of my life. When people get married they do their own thing. If you want friends be single and have a hobby with other single people.
Sound advice.
Littleazn248
Spinbait
Spinbait

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Littleazn248 wrote: Yea I guess so, or to be just more selective. It's hard for me to find people I trust in general. Most people tend to take advantage/ use me so I really just give up on this whole friend/trust thing.

I don't know abou you, but, don't always be like always happy to help, if someone calls you that you know they need "help" to use you, ignore them, or find something to flake on it.

I never trusted anyone more than I trusted my family/close relatives, even if I have a wonderful wife, I probably would take the same approach as well. But that's just me.

I'm usually one open to help so I guess I set myself up for problems. I'll definitely start adopting this approach.

NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:32 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 pm Its not about being a jerk or having poor social skills. I've done nothing but help those around me. For the past few years I've watched 5 or 6 people trickle out of my life. When people get married they do their own thing. If you want friends be single and have a hobby with other single people.
Sound advice.
Yeah I should take my own advice. I have ZERO single friends. I'm not being sarcastic. I went to a concert the other day... i asked some chick to go. She bailed on me two hours before the concert. I asked everyone in my phone and no one could go lol. I asked my neighbor who plays drums for crossroads church and it turned out his girl bought him a ticket. So i ended up following him to the concert. We hung out and had fun. Let's face it. Most people suck. Been feeling really down lately. I'm hoping shit will change.
wap

NeonJonny wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Sound advice.
Yeah I should take my own advice. I have ZERO single friends. I'm not being sarcastic. I went to a concert the other day... i asked some chick to go. She bailed on me two hours before the concert. I asked everyone in my phone and no one could go lol. I asked my neighbor who plays drums for crossroads church and it turned out his girl bought him a ticket. So i ended up following him to the concert. We hung out and had fun. Let's face it. Most people suck. Been feeling really down lately. I'm hoping shit will change.
We all hit rough patches here and there, bro. It'll get better.
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

I haven't posted anything about this, but a month ago I had to put my doge to sleep. He was diagnosed with cancer in October and was gone by the first week of December. It would have been cruel to keep him going any longer, but it's still pretty hard to deal with sometimes if I run across an old pic of him or something.

I almost hate to admit it because it makes me feel shitty, but life has been easier now that I am no longer caring for a sick pet. He was diagnosed with diabetes in late 2015, so I had to give him insulin shots twice a day and started making all of his meals at home so I could control everything that went into his food. In May of last year, he went blind and started dropping weight. He adapted to it shockingly well, but ran into things somewhat often. I had to guide him around any new places and carry him up and down stairs. Even with his failing health and multiple conditions, he was so happy and loved everyone he met. But it is was heartbreaking for me to watch my once majestic husky just whither away.

All of the pain I went through the last year of his life, knowing that the end was near, was tough to handle. But before any of that, I had 9 years full of happy memories of a truly good boy.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Thanks wap.
Damn laguna that's tough. My rot/shepherd mix is 7 and she acts like she's two. I'm really dreading the days she starts slowing down.
Last edited by NeonJonny on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.