Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote:
Devilchrono wrote:
We've got a huge off-road park an hour or so from here where I could make a lot of use of the truck, but it's a place I'd only end up going to a couple times a year. Still, could be fun to have something like that for some of the areas around here though to just kinda NFG over parts of parking lots and shit like that
I would only use it maybe once or twice a year too. There's NOTHING fun by me, but it would be a fun vehicle to have ZFG.
Wouldn't it be more fun to DD a Chevy SS or the likes?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: I would only use it maybe once or twice a year too. There's NOTHING fun by me, but it would be a fun vehicle to have ZFG.
I'd prefer to DD a :manuel: SS in a perfect world for sure.

But a ZR2 will be cheaper than that, and I do enjoy the absolute ZFGness of a truck. Our roads are horrific, and I truly never even notice in the truck. Plus, I'm one of the few that actually use the bed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote:
Devilchrono wrote:
We've got a huge off-road park an hour or so from here where I could make a lot of use of the truck, but it's a place I'd only end up going to a couple times a year. Still, could be fun to have something like that for some of the areas around here though to just kinda NFG over parts of parking lots and shit like that
I would only use it maybe once or twice a year too. There's NOTHING fun by me, but it would be a fun vehicle to have ZFG.
There's little fun by me that doesn't require a fast car; the race track that does most of the Autocross, Track days and Drag racing is only about 30 minutes from me, but that's not really much fun anymore. There's some decent back roads through the wineries, so a nice convertible is honestly where it's at when it comes to "fun car" territory. With the truck though, I can get to some really nice fishing spots on the river even though I don't have a boat, and there's several conservation areas that are all gravel roads as well, so a truck is perfect. And then of course there's the parks and bike trails in the area worth hitting up soon that being able to just throw shit in the bed and go to/from with no issues is fantastic
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote:
Detroit wrote: I would only use it maybe once or twice a year too. There's NOTHING fun by me, but it would be a fun vehicle to have ZFG.
There's little fun by me that doesn't require a fast car; the race track that does most of the Autocross, Track days and Drag racing is only about 30 minutes from me, but that's not really much fun anymore. There's some decent back roads through the wineries, so a nice convertible is honestly where it's at when it comes to "fun car" territory. With the truck though, I can get to some really nice fishing spots on the river even though I don't have a boat, and there's several conservation areas that are all gravel roads as well, so a truck is perfect. And then of course there's the parks and bike trails in the area worth hitting up soon that being able to just throw shit in the bed and go to/from with no issues is fantastic
My favorite part of trucklyfe
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

I wants, I wonder if they would sell it for $27k..

http://www.dodgechryslerjeepofkirkland. ... G2HL509212
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
ChrisoftheNorth

SixSpeeder wrote:I wants, I wonder if they would sell it for $27k..

:lolgasm: There are no deals on Wranglers. You might get that for $31k, if you're lucky.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

not sure if srs :notsure:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Yeah, I want a Canyon in Red (Or blue if they offer it)
V6
SLE w/ Convience
Tow pkg
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225

This makes no sense... 33k? It should be 26/27k msrp. :wtf: It isn't even a 4 door, no hard top :wtf:
max225

http://www.dodgechryslerjeepofkirkland. ... G4HL545451

This makes more sense... and there are :dill: 's on wranglers... they are not selling as well as they used to.
max225

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
I'd prefer to DD a :manuel: SS in a perfect world for sure.

But a ZR2 will be cheaper than that, and I do enjoy the absolute ZFGness of a truck. Our roads are horrific, and I truly never even notice in the truck. Plus, I'm one of the few that actually use the bed.
I don't know mang... a $40k truck after tax isn't exactly 0FG.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:http://www.dodgechryslerjeepofkirkland. ... G4HL545451

This makes more sense... and there are :dill: 's on wranglers... they are not selling as well as they used to.
"New" 2018 model is probably keeping price pressure on as well.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote:

"New" 2018 model is probably keeping price pressure on as well.
I think the market is getting saturated by those wanting a plastic roofed vehicle with two solid axles for 40k OTD.
230k units a year is nothing to sneeze at...
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Dat color :yikes:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
max225

Our local :dillerman: run poverty spec specials on Wrangaylers. IMO if you just want the off road ability. You can pick up a JKU 4 whore auto for ~30k or so. Then you can throw a set of rubicunt wheels+tires on it for $800 and call it a day. Ppl are just giving those away on craigslist. Because parking hard at a mall is dat lyfe dawg.
max225

Desertbreh

Soft top SWB sucks doe.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote:
Soft top SWB sucks doe.
Yas. But that's what he posted for 33k. :lol:

I personally would get the cheapest 4 door hard top money can buy for 30k.
Desertbreh

maxtdi wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Soft top SWB sucks doe.

Yeah I have NO PROBLEM with the Sahara trim and in many instances find it more attractive that more expensive trims. The whole "Bro Moto" ramz has trickled into OEM. I think those black Rubicon RAMZ are fucking stupid looking.
max225

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

Yeah I have NO PROBLEM with the Sahara trim and in many instances find it more attractive that more expensive trims. The whole "Bro Moto" ramz has trickled into OEM. I think those black Rubicon RAMZ are fucking stupid looking.
Yea they are :disgust:

Sahara is a very unfortunate trim, I like it the most but it is super expensive compared to a sport. I think a Wrangler over 40k doesn't make sense. Most 4 door saharas are 40. With a nice stereo+leather they are 42-43k.

I think just a regular sport +$800 Rubicunt take offs + $1000 stereo retrofit has you saving 10-12k. You can even get Katskinz leather for 1k or so. The options on the JKUs are just :mindblown:

My Issue with the jeep is the trans.
Desertbreh

maxtdi wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:

Sahara is a very unfortunate trim, I like it the most but it is super expensive compared to a sport. I think a Wrangler over 40k doesn't make sense. Most 4 door saharas are 40. With a nice stereo+leather they are 42-43k.

I think just a regular sport +$800 Rubicunt take offs + $1000 stereo retrofit has you saving 10-12k. You can even get Katskinz leather for 1k or so. The options on the JKUs are just :mindblown:

The 5 speed auto is pretty 2001 tech. And not that smooth shifting.
max225

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

The 5 speed auto is pretty 2001 tech. And not that smooth shifting.
The gear spacing just sucks... and the thing just feels semi underpowered due to the high rev-ing nature of the engine etc.

I know it is FCA just being :scrooge: 's but they have that 8 speed auto in every other car mated to the same god damn 3.6.

:rage:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:27 pm http://www.sanleandrocdjr.com/new/Jeep/ ... 67b665.htm
26k for a new one...
$27 grand for a vehicle without power windows. :gtfo:

Once you option it with, you know, 21st century standard equipment, you're quickly into :waxer: territory, even on a poverty spec. But I see the point. 99% of off roading people actually do does not require anything more than a rental Jetta... erm... Suburban, let alone a short wheelbase WWII era Jeep with mondo ground clearance.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

Black Bear is the option package to buy. You can get the factory locker, lower gearing, and tires. Much less cost than a Rubicon and nearly as good off road.

Sport S trim is where it's at otherwise. Just if you want to add off road stuff you're actually better off getting a standard package like that or the WIllys. The Sahara doesn't really give you much more than the Sport other than unlocking the option for leather.

But then you have the stupid :ramz: doe. :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:44 pm
Detroit wrote: I'd prefer to DD a :manuel: SS in a perfect world for sure.

I don't know mang... a $40k truck after tax isn't exactly 0FG.
My current truck was $43k, I drive it ZFG.