Hotel room, $100 x 1
Cheap vodka and :fancy: bourbon, $100
Little Caesars Hot & Ready, $5.99
Covid, $19 x3
Because covid is the fear here 😂
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:25 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:15 pm I don't have an ability to relate to or communicate with other human beings, nor much of anything I'm happy about in my past, present, or likely future.

Nor have I ever seen 2 chicks at the same time. Wanna trade?
I’d argue that you have that ability. We’ve been bullshitting on these forums for close to 10 years and your ability to communicate effectively has grown immensely, IMO, especially within the last year or two. But if you don’t believe you can relate or communicate, then that is going to be in your head when you need to do it and you’ll hold yourself back.

I’ve found this especially true for myself with stuff in the last few years with my mindset at how I perceive(d) myself at work. Being very introverted in person I struggled to ask for help when I ran into something I didn’t know how to do at work, and would just push things to the side or “forget” to do them and it came back to bite me in the ass several times. I asked a few friends for their advice and how they handle those situations and kind of modified what they said to something that I felt comfortable doing, and it’s completely changed my performance at work which led to me feeling more satisfied with my work. I feared being seen as stupid for asking questions, but the opposite turned out to be true. My last three supervisors/bosses have complimented me for asking questions and see it as taking charge and being humble. YMMV as every boss is different, but hearing that feedback has made it even easier to continue down that path.
Man, do I know this. I've had to force myself out of my introvert comfort zone at every job I've had to get up to speed quickly. At my current job, my boss told me in my first month that he was impressed how I didn't let any assignment trip me up. I view it as a goal...do whatever it takes to get an assignment done, which when new usually involves some awkward convos with strangers. I'm always surprised by how receptive and helpful people can be.

Then on the flip, when people come to ask me questions, I make it a point to be almost too helpful. Builds my trusted network of people at work, and also makes me an irreplaceable member of a team. There's been times where I didn't know the answer to a question, but knew who did from my earlier uncomfortable work...and help people make the connections that I had to force myself. It's treated me very well in my professional life so far.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:24 am NJ had a 3.1 earthquake last night.
:doomed:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:33 am Back to the thread title.
:thisisfine:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:17 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:36 am Call girl, $200 x 2
8 ball, $200? X 1
Hotel room, $100 x 1
:boner:
It's like one of those Mastercard commercials,

Nutting on two sets of :tits: at the same time... Priceless!

Don't let a job stand between you and your dreams!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Back to work... sigh
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:08 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Bruh. You are a one income household with an income in the six figures. You are very much upper middle class.
Certainly feels lower when seemingly everyone else has rich family helping them out.
My sister and her husband having a rental property has nothing to do with me or anyone "helping me out". Pretty sure you grew up with more money than I did, family of 4-6 people with a household income of $40K. My parents helped me out with rent/meal plan in college but I paid all of the tuition myself with scholarship and loans. So fuck off with this trading lives bullshit, you control your own life.

You also get to do/purse whatever the hell you want because you're a kept man. You are the only person on this forum who is actually majority supported by their family.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:36 am Call girl, $200 x 2
8 ball, $200? X 1
Hotel room, $100 x 1
:dat: In all seriousness, banging two chicks at once is pretty dang attainable.... could've been done for the same cost as all of the weird bike fitment parts or two Toyota 86 payments... I'm not saying this is an honorable thing to do, but if you'd really give up everything for it, go for it?

I for one have near zero interest in threesome activities or being a swinger it is just not my thing, nor does it have to be.
razr390

Re: free :turboyaris: I earned some merit scholarships that made my education cost me $0 out of pocket. I made some good moves and my parents wanted to reward me for it. They were nowhere near :waxer: but I was their only son and I was doing well for myself. :ohwell:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:46 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:39 am

It's like one of those Mastercard commercials,

Nutting on two sets of :tits: at the same time... Priceless!

Don't let a job stand between you and your dreams!
Doing the math... A night with our girlfriend costs about the same.

Nice dinner and drinks for three
Couple bottles of wine at home

Baby sitter or hotel room.

It adds up.
:notbad:

There are no free handouts in life, at least for the majority of us which includes you and the missus obviously. Still cheaper then one's worldly belongings :doe:

I can't leave the house with wife or kids in tow without blowing at least $100 along the way and I'm not having nearly that much fun when I spend it haha
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:07 am Re: free :turboyaris: I earned some merit scholarships that made my education cost me $0 out of pocket. I made some good moves and my parents wanted to reward me for it. They were nowhere near :waxer: but I was their only son and I was doing well for myself. :ohwell:
Transportation doesn't exactly sound like a major luxury. I'm pretty sure that I'll help my kids with a car if they need it to get to work or school. Don't feel guilty about it really.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:10 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:07 am Re: free :turboyaris: I earned some merit scholarships that made my education cost me $0 out of pocket. I made some good moves and my parents wanted to reward me for it. They were nowhere near :waxer: but I was their only son and I was doing well for myself. :ohwell:
Transportation doesn't exactly sound like a major luxury. I'm pretty sure that I'll help my kids with a car if they need it to get to work or school. Don't feel guilty about it really.
I won’t justify any privilege and admit that there is a fine line. However, just because we have all had specific circumstances does not mean that other parents/children are supposed to live in those exact ones as well.

I expect any parent to do whatever is within their power to help their child succeed (and that is an expectation because it is an inherent natural response). I will help my little one have the best chance at life no matter what that is. I won’t spoil her to the point where it ruins her, but discipline and nice things can be had, especially if the kid isn’t a brat.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:43 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:10 am

I won’t justify any privilege and admit that there is a fine line. However, just because we have all had specific circumstances does not mean that other parents/children are supposed to live in those exact ones as well.

I expect any parent to do whatever is within their power to help their child succeed (and that is an expectation because it is an inherent natural response). I will help my little one have the best chance at life no matter what that is. I won’t spoil her to the point where it ruins her, but discipline and nice things can be had, especially if the kid isn’t a brat.
Yeah man, I'm implimenting every advantage possible to give my kids the tools that they need to self-sufficient and successful. If it helps them to have a mode of transportation to get to a job then they can have it, or at least get part of it subsided, otherwise they are stuck in a catch 22: need car to keep job, need job to pay for car.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

It is interesting to be able to observe my kid participating in her kindergarten class.
:therapist:
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:43 am

Yeah man, I'm implimenting every advantage possible to give my kids the tools that they need to self-sufficient and successful. If it helps them to have a mode of transportation to get to a job then they can have it, or at least get part of it subsided, otherwise they are stuck in a catch 22: need car to keep job, need job to pay for car.
Or, you could mistreat them and deprive them and hope they marry into a wealthy family where the spouse has 3 free degrees and makes 3x the average household income in the country!

Winning!!!
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:01 am It is interesting to be able to observe my kid participating in her kindergarten class.
Find the biggest kid in the room on day one and punch him in the face?
razr390

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:01 am It is interesting to be able to observe my kid participating in her kindergarten class.
What’s her feedback so far on the virtual classroom? My SO’s two brothers (one in elementary and one in high school) say they dislike the virtual setting because it’s not as interactive and they miss the social aspect of school.
Calvinball

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 am
Find the biggest kid in the room on day one and punch him in the face?
:lolol:

So far I think she’s more of a teacher’s pet type.
Calvinball

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:03 am
What’s her feedback so far on the virtual classroom? My SO’s two brothers (one in elementary and one in high school) say they dislike the virtual setting because it’s not as interactive and they miss the social aspect of school.
That’ll be an interesting question as this goes. It’s only day two, so no comments from her like that yet. Also, she’s really only had a semester and a half of preschool where she actually was in a class with other kids, since we had her in a bubble for a few years. So she also hasn’t had as much exposure to that kind of setting, maybe she won’t realize what she’s missing as a result.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Even though this place can be gloomy and depressing as hell. It gives me clarity that my life is really pretty fucking great.

I’m not as “successful” as [user not found] or Waxer but fuck it, my little family is happy and healthy. That makes me richer than all of King Midas’ silver.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:15 am
Apex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:12 am Even though this place can be gloomy and depressing as hell. It gives me clarity that my life is really pretty fucking great.

I’m not as “successful” as [user not found] or Waxer but fuck it, my little family is happy and healthy. That makes me richer than all of King Midas’ silver.
And that my friend is true success.
So you're giving away all of your money and volunteering full time from here on out, instead of buying more and more expensive shit?
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:06 am
:wub: how is it going so far?
So far pretty good. It was probably much different in the spring, and I also imagine that there’s a little luck of the draw with what teacher you get. Couple little technical hiccups but nothing major.

She gets annoyed when she knows an answer and someone else gets called on lol
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:22 am
Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 am

So far pretty good. It was probably much different in the spring, and I also imagine that there’s a little luck of the draw with what teacher you get. Couple little technical hiccups but nothing major.

She gets annoyed when she knows an answer and someone else gets called on lol
Jul and I were having a his discussion a few nights ago. If you're 60 and have been teaching one way for 35 years, this is probably a much harder transition than if you're 30.
Yeah her teacher is definitely younger, I imagine that generally helps a lot.