Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:24 pm

Laughed. I speed in CA. Enforcement is sporadic, and pretty damn unsophisticated. Nobody is waiting to ambush you with "instant on" behind a curve or a hill. If you can't avoid the CHP with your eyes and a good RD, you aren't trying.
God ... so many issues here lately

CA = Canada and CAlifornia
Kph/Mph used in the same paragraph I was having one hellofatime keeping up with the reading.

Now back to the liberal hellhole of Kalifornia. I go about 80mph in the “fast” lane with 65mph limits, not 5 min go by without someone riding my ass, and I have to move over constantly ... which is why frequently my MPGs are so shitty here. 90 mph is “normal” daily. Some go 95-105, no one seems to be enforcing shit. Post Rona it’s gotten worse ... especially the masked riders are an automatic :fullretard: from me

Road rage, garbage all over the roads, smoking cars, BLM crews with no plates even with the new laws passed, missing body panels/bumpers etc

Terrifying ...
Just the price you pay to live in Calganistan I guess :iono:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:44 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:55 pm Thanks bros, I'm pretty good at staying out of trouble with traffic cops but it's way to easy to get nabbed for things that we are all too guilty of violating. Like you say Max, this is really petty shit and it impacts my rates for three years.
That’s the pinnacle of boredom and not focusing on the shit that really makes society better. Sorry about the cuntuck cops, but I think you’ll manage through it. Sending positive vibes.
So my plan moving forward is to try and cut some deal on the handheld device with the prostitution. Hopefully it is reduced to something more minor like failure to signal or whatever they want to chalk it up to. Explaining that the car was not moving and me being in an unfamiliar area might bring out some empathy. If not, fuck it, I did what I can. I won't lose sleep over it.

I agree with Detroit that updating IG and facebook friends with one's recent eyebrow microblading work can wait until the car is parked, but also drawing the line between full blown emails being typed and sent on a major highway and a quick glance at a stopped light is not the same thing as well. :ohwell:
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:10 pm

That’s the pinnacle of boredom and not focusing on the shit that really makes society better. Sorry about the cuntuck cops, but I think you’ll manage through it. Sending positive vibes.
So my plan moving forward is to try and cut some deal on the handheld device with the prostitution. Hopefully it is reduced to something more minor like failure to signal or whatever they want to chalk it up to. Explaining that the car was not moving and me being in an unfamiliar area might bring out some empathy. If not, fuck it, I did what I can. I won't lose sleep over it.

I agree with Detroit that updating IG and facebook friends with one's recent eyebrow microblading work can wait until the car is parked, but also drawing the line between full blown emails being typed and sent on a major highway and a quick glance at a stopped light is not the same thing as well. :ohwell:
Shoulda been drunk forum posting while speeding
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:47 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:42 pm

What blows my mind is how I am deemed a high risk driver when two weeks ago I had a perfect record. If either of the two cops gave me a warning or reduced the charge without me having to beg a prosecutor knowing that my record has been clean for so long I'd still be ok. Police are way too strict, and as Max insinuated it is because the cops aren't busy with real shit to deal with.

Every try sticking to speed limits in urban Canadian roads? It feels like you're speeding at any given time as soon as there is a slight downward grade in the roadway, to make matters worse everyone is ripping by you and at some point people will honk, cut you off and brake check you for being an asshole :lolol:
Never underestimate what you can do in two weeks. Back in the day I've seen chicks go from completely normal and respectable to crazy coked out psycho hose beasts in a matter of moments.
LOL pics
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Doesn’t the bolded bring up additional charges against you? :notsure:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Never underestimate what you can do in two weeks. Back in the day I've seen chicks go from completely normal and respectable to crazy coked out psycho hose beasts in a matter of moments.
LOL pics
This was before smartphones or even the www part of the internet. Back when it was safe to do irresponsible things and just deny it later since there were no cameras every 4 feet.

Otherwise known as the good old days. :)
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:42 pm

What blows my mind is how I am deemed a high risk driver when two weeks ago I had a perfect record. If either of the two cops gave me a warning or reduced the charge without me having to beg a prosecutor knowing that my record has been clean for so long I'd still be ok. Police are way too strict, and as Max insinuated it is because the cops aren't busy with real shit to deal with.

Every try sticking to speed limits in urban Canadian roads? It feels like you're speeding at any given time as soon as there is a slight downward grade in the roadway, to make matters worse everyone is ripping by you and at some point people will honk, cut you off and brake check you for being an asshole :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

What's :bs: is what it sounds like you did with the phone (which I've done before too) would be no less distracting than if you did it through the center screen. I get that laws need to be as black and white as possible, but there should be some sort of leniency in your case.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Prosecution, prostitution.. either way we get fucked lol
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Prosecution, prostitution.. either way we get fucked lol
:lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:17 pm

What's :bs: is what it sounds like you did with the phone (which I've done before too) would be no less distracting than if you did it through the center screen. I get that laws need to be as black and white as possible, but there should be some sort of leniency in your case.
:dat: is my beef too
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:59 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:21 pm

LOL pics
This was before smartphones or even the www part of the internet. Back when it was safe to do irresponsible things and just deny it later since there were no cameras every 4 feet.

Otherwise known as the good old days. :)
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So the trd taco I was going to buy down in so cal, is still there. I figured the 45.8k msrp was fake news as the automatic one in stock was marked up 5k...

Now this :dillerman: went from 19 tacos in stock to 52, and they marked up the taco 7k, it’s now sitting at 52.8k

:lolgasm: they can rot in hell.

Supply looks like it’s coming back in full force and I’ll be getting my wasteful travel vehicle very soon.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:01 am So the trd taco I was going to buy down in so cal, is still there. I figured the 45.8k msrp was fake news as the automatic one in stock was marked up 5k...

Now this :dillerman: went from 19 tacos in stock to 52, and they marked up the taco 7k, it’s now sitting at 52.8k

Supply looks like it’s coming back in full force and I’ll be getting my wasteful travel vehicle very soon.
The supply dip was a blip at best. Plants have been at or near full production for over a month now...it takes time for vehicles to reach dealers after production, but they should be hitting in full force now.

I predict the end of year sales to be :mindblown: when inventory is bloated and the economy is in full :nuke: down mode.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:01 am So the trd taco I was going to buy down in so cal, is still there. I figured the 45.8k msrp was fake news as the automatic one in stock was marked up 5k...

They know what they have. You could probably get a pretty nice rolling house for that much.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:30 pm

They know what they have. You could probably get a pretty nice rolling house for that much.
RVs are out of stock also, because everyone decided that’s the way to go glamping since you can’t fly ... campgrounds booked for the next 6 months solid 😂
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:41 pm

RVs are out of stock also, because everyone decided that’s the way to go glamping since you can’t fly ... campgrounds booked for the next 6 months solid 😂
RVs and boats are completely sold out here. :tits: always books our camping trips 6 mos out (the farthest you can go) to get the best sites, so we've had this summer lined up for a while. But we've attempted to get sites for spontaneous mid-week trips and everything is completely booked. Even federal sites that are literally just a plot of land with ZERO amenities (not even vault toilets) are booked out.

I predict that 2 years from now will be the time to get epic :dill: s on used RVs and boats. No way people will use them as much as they think right now, and you know the :dillerman: gouging is real right now and people paying on stretch pay instead of socking money away to pay the mortgage in the future will drive idiotic behavior later.

At the same time, I've debated liquidating a lot of stuff to take advantage of stupid markets. House, camper, one of the Jeeps...go super lean for a while and sit on a pile of cash to swoop in on crushed hopes and dreams for pennies on the dollar later.
Johnny_P

I was referring to a Ram 1500 like your buddy has. Which is superior to the Taco in every single measure aside from hardcore off roading.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:38 pm

I was referring to a Ram 1500 like your buddy has. Which is superior to the Taco in every single measure aside from hardcore off roading.
I can’t park it in the garage. Which makes it a no go. My garage is 240” long end to end ... 235” which the garage door, you won’t be able to walk around it either. It’s a fucking house, just stupid

Also I drove it yesterday and it was so amazingly comfortable, like every road was repaved...
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:18 pm

RVs and boats are completely sold out here. :tits: always books our camping trips 6 mos out (the farthest you can go) to get the best sites, so we've had this summer lined up for a while. But we've attempted to get sites for spontaneous mid-week trips and everything is completely booked. Even federal sites that are literally just a plot of land with ZERO amenities (not even vault toilets) are booked out.

I predict that 2 years from now will be the time to get epic :dill: s on used RVs and boats. No way people will use them as much as they think right now, and you know the :dillerman: gouging is real right now and people paying on stretch pay instead of socking money away to pay the mortgage in the future will drive idiotic behavior later.

At the same time, I've debated liquidating a lot of stuff to take advantage of stupid markets. House, camper, one of the Jeeps...go super lean for a while and sit on a pile of cash to swoop in on crushed hopes and dreams for pennies on the dollar later.
At this point building an oceanfront condo is starting to look like COVID genius. Camping doesn't seem as fun when campsites now look like anthills filled with Americans who are now camping because ZOMG my Disney Cruise to the Bahamas was cancelled and ZOMG MUST HAVE VACATION MUST HAVE PLEASURE TO SHARE ON THE INSTA OR MUST SEPPUKU. Calm down, buy some nice steaks, a decent bottle of wine, and enjoy what you have? JFC.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:56 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:38 pm

I can’t park it in the garage. Which makes it a no go. My garage is 240” long end to end ... 235” which the garage door, you won’t be able to walk around it either. It’s a fucking house, just stupid

Also I drove it yesterday and it was so amazingly comfortable, like every road was repaved...
Why did you buy such a poverty spec garage? Do you even America?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:18 pm

At this point building an oceanfront condo is starting to look like COVID genius. Camping doesn't seem as fun when campsites now look like anthills filled with Americans who are now camping because ZOMG my Disney Cruise to the Bahamas was cancelled and ZOMG MUST HAVE VACATION MUST HAVE PLEASURE TO SHARE ON THE INSTA OR MUST SEPPUKU. Calm down, buy some nice steaks, a decent bottle of wine, and enjoy what you have? JFC.
If WFH becomes permanent with many companies, real estate in "vacation destinations" or other desirable areas that are perfect for everything other than jobs will go nuts. Another reason we're considering moving.

We camp every 2 weeks...so we've gone...5 times this season now? Everywhere we go is actually around seasoned campers. I think it's because :tits: booked sites way in advance as does everyone else experienced looking for primo sites, so it's really :notbad: overall. The only downside oddly seems to be that campgrounds and surrounding areas are selling out of firewood faster than before. That's easy to accommodate by buying a lot early in the trip.
I :lolol: thinking of the people paying massive markups on RVs only to find they can't take them anywhere because everywhere is booked. And what isn't booked are sites you don't want to stay at anyway. The :dill: s on RV's will be insane in a few years. :excited:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:01 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:56 pm

20' is pretty standard for garage depth, especially in CA. Hell, my garage is "only" 23 feet deep inside. I can't easily walk in front of AND behind the JT when it's parked in the garage. I wanted more width, so compromises had to be made.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:01 pm

20' is pretty standard for garage depth, especially in CA. Hell, my garage is "only" 23 feet deep inside. I can't easily walk in front of AND behind the JT when it's parked in the garage. I wanted more width, so compromises had to be made.
Yeah I'm just pitching Max shit. I have the same problem. However, IF I was building I would build myself a garage that would accommodate a full size crew cab short box pickup with room to spare. Because honestly that would be my next rig if I didn't have a poverty spec garage as well.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:32 pm
Yeah I'm just pitching Max shit. I have the same problem. However, IF I was building I would build myself a garage that would accommodate a full size crew cab short box pickup with room to spare. Because honestly that would be my next rig if I didn't have a poverty spec garage as well.
All depends on where you're building.

I had the same goal, but when the 750sq ft maximum reality set in, I had to make tough choices between depth and width. I can still fit a full size crew cab short bed truck in my garage, but you won't be walking in front of it. I love having the extra workshop space, so it was worth the shallower depth.

1k sq ft is the ideal garage size IMO. 25'x40' But I couldn't make it happen...