OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Thanks for the kind words guys. Haven't heard anything from the humane society yet, but the vet gave me their number, so I'll reach out to them in a bit after I get caught up from coming into work late and hopefully have some good news about the kitty.
SAWCE

Don't know if you guys remember me having talked about wanting to get a cat in the last few month, so this could actually work out for filling that want, although it'd be a bit more expensive than the $80 rehoming-fee kittens I'd been checking out on CL.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am Right as I walked outside with Ava a car flew through my alley. It barley hit a cat enough to fuck it up, but now the cat is just laying there flopping around like a fish out of water and it was the saddest thing I’ve seen.

I took it to an emergency VCA vet. They’re contacting Humane Society to get authorization to treat it as a stray and then check if it’s chipped. If it isn’t and they can save it they’re gonna call me and I’m gonna adopt it.
I saw this exact thing happen... except I was in my car directly behind the one that hit it. It was actually 3 (or more) young cats that were probably brothers and sisters and the others, at least two that I could see, were pacing in the grass in the side of the road while the other was twitching in agony...

I immediately pulled over to try and help and before I was even completely out of my car some flat brim in a scion sped up and just crushed it.

Fuck that broke my heart.

At least the suffering was over...
SAWCE

Thedude wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am Right as I walked outside with Ava a car flew through my alley. It barley hit a cat enough to fuck it up, but now the cat is just laying there flopping around like a fish out of water and it was the saddest thing I’ve seen.

I took it to an emergency VCA vet. They’re contacting Humane Society to get authorization to treat it as a stray and then check if it’s chipped. If it isn’t and they can save it they’re gonna call me and I’m gonna adopt it.
I saw this exact thing happen... except I was in my car directly behind the one that hit it. It was actually 3 (or more) young cats that were probably brothers and sisters and the others, at least two that I could see, were pacing in the grass in the side of the road while the other was twitching in agony...

I immediately pulled over to try and help and before I was even completely out of my car some flat brim in a scion sped up and just crushed it.

Fuck that broke my heart.

At least the suffering was over...
:( I thought about helping just put it out, but I was able to get close enough to see that it looked like it could be saved and live a solid life still, so opted to take it to the vet.

No word from Humane Society yet. Calling at noon to see if they'll give me an update.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Late to the party but good on you, :sawce:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:32 pm Late to the party but good on you, :sawce:
Thanks man. Hoping to have a happy ending to the story for you guys soon, and maybe even pics of Ava, Kitty, and myself chilling for you in a week or two if things go that way.
SAWCE

Welp, Kitty didn't make it. BRB gonna go cry in the bathroom for a minute.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:Welp, Kitty didn't make it. BRB gonna go cry in the bathroom for a minute.
:sad:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:50 pm Welp, Kitty didn't make it. BRB gonna go cry in the bathroom for a minute.
:wtf:
:( :( :(

Sorry man.
SAWCE

Damn. They just called back and said they got ahold of the owner, and the owner came in to see him and wanted to thank us for taking him him. Actually crying now.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:50 pm Welp, Kitty didn't make it. BRB gonna go cry in the bathroom for a minute.
:sad:

At least the owners were able to be contacted and be there at the end.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:59 pm Damn. They just called back and said they got ahold of the owner, and the owner came in to see him and wanted to thank us for taking him him. Actually crying now.
Dang.

At least it died knowing someone gave a damn and cared about it. And it must be comforting to the owners to know that it didn't die alone and that someone did the humane thing and tried to give it comfort.

You are literally awesome :sawce:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

daym, poor kitty
brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:59 pm Damn. They just called back and said they got ahold of the owner, and the owner came in to see him and wanted to thank us for taking him him. Actually crying now.
You did the right thing. The poor thing could have just died on the street and suffered a miserable end.

You did an amazing thing for the cat and also it’s owner. You rock.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:39 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 am Shipping stuff that requires a signature is such an exercise in full retardation.

Driver shows up to your home at 1:30 PM.
Nobody is home because no shit.
You get the sticky thing on your door saying they'll try again tomorrow at 1:30 PM when nobody is home.
3 strikes and it goes back to where you bought it from because sure why not.
Or you can conveniently opt to pick it up at a FedEx store. Which are not conveniently located.

Why even f'ing bother.
Occasionally there's a spot on the slip to sign and indicate to them to drop it at the porch on their next attempt.

I also suggest signing up for FedEx and UPS notifications - they'll send you an email when something ships to you that requires a signature so you can plan accordingly to either be home or reroute to a distribution center.
I have all that. But since it's a signature required package I can't change the delivery point with FedEx. I've had this issue before with them. Fucking :rage: inducing.

UPS I intercept all their stuff and change the shipping point to a pharmacy a block or two away that'll hold stuff for me.
Johnny_P

Sorry Brandon :sad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pmHey gang
:[user not found]: :[user not found]: :[user not found]:
brain go brrrrrr
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Thank god [user not found] is here to console us all
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:08 pm
Dang.

At least it died knowing someone gave a damn and cared about it. And it must be comforting to the owners to know that it didn't die alone and that someone did the humane thing and tried to give it comfort.

:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:08 pm
Dang.

:dat:
Thanks for not being a douche. Poor kitty :(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

On a lighter note I had a bad pizza slice today, bbq chicken. The chicken was kind of oldish and i just got home. Tried to upchuck it but it ain't coming out. Plan B, I'm going to try and drown the fucking bacteria in apple cider vinegar.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:18 pm On a lighter note I had a bad pizza slice today, bbq chicken. The chicken was kind of oldish and i just got home. Tried to upchuck it but it ain't coming out. Plan B, I'm going to try and drown the fucking bacteria in apple cider vinegar.
Vodka. Lot's of vodka will kill any bug in your stomach. Or you'll just get :drunk: and :aintcare: about it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i have the shits and have been holding it all day because i hate taking work shits
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 pm i have the shits and have been holding it all day because i hate taking work shits
I wait until they clean the bathroom then I go in and deliver my masterpiece of brown porcelain smears. I'd rather :poop: at work than at home.

Maybe that's because at home I sit sideways on a toilet in a pink tiled linen closet. :notsure:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:25 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 pm i have the shits and have been holding it all day because i hate taking work shits
I wait until they clean the bathroom then I go in and deliver my masterpiece of brown porcelain smears. I'd rather :poop: at work than at home.

Maybe that's because at home I sit sideways on a toilet in a pink tiled linen closet. :notsure:
probably. I have a bidet at home.

I also have a fear of clogging the shitter. Not a concern today :doe: I should probably just go.
brain go brrrrrr