OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote:Tesla is hiring a production engineering supervisor. That would be a cool job. I'd probably hate working for Tesla though as I hear 12 hour days are the norm, plus high stress environment, and fucking Nevada.
Nevada is : notbad: Where is the facility?

You get cheap ass taxes/COL, access to tons of mountains and stuff, good weather, can fly anywhere from Las Vegas direct.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Gigafactory I guess. Up by Reno.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tesla ... KXoECAIQCw

I loved Tahoe area.

Shit I'd have to get a Jeep.

I bet working for Tesla would be absolute hell.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:23 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 pm

You are all over the place in regards to :truk: :plac: depending on the day. :lol:

I've found some 2-door XJs locally for a few g's and the thought about tossing a few grand more at it for a moderate lift, MTs, and lockers is rather appealing. Z71 will still get me to work every Monday.
I know. Just like all of us, I'm always running different scenarios in my head.

A trail focused thing that you tow and don't have to depend on for anything would be a pretty great way to wheel. Side by sides look like a riot, and I think would be 5/7 for offroading fun.

Not sure I'd go the poverty 4x4 route with a cheap XJ, probably spend more time fixing it and working on it than enjoying it.
:dat:
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:02 pm Man those trucks are expensive.

Its making me want a truck less and less. A house payment and truck at the same time does not appeal to me nearly as much.
We spend about 10-12% take home pay on our house, another 6% on cars for the both of us. Starting to feel like I need to spend more on my car for something that works more for me....for my own sanity
I spend about 25% of my income on a house, 2% on the bike.
Johnny_P

You are all over the place in regards to :truk: :plac: depending on the day. :lol:

I've found some 2-door XJs locally for a few g's and the thought about tossing a few grand more at it for a moderate lift, MTs, and lockers is rather appealing. Z71 will still get me to work every Monday.

A trail focused thing that you tow and don't have to depend on for anything would be a pretty great way to wheel. Side by sides look like a riot, and I think would be 5/7 for offroading fun.

Not sure I'd go the poverty 4x4 route with a cheap XJ, probably spend more time fixing it and working on it than enjoying it.
Could ask Dbest about it. He had one for a while.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:27 pm

We spend about 10-12% take home pay on our house, another 6% on cars for the both of us. Starting to feel like I need to spend more on my car for something that works more for me....for my own sanity
Roommate time.

Living alone, especially renting, seems wasteful.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Roommate time.

Living alone, especially renting, seems wasteful.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:29 pm

That's true, he did!

My biggest thing is that there just aren't enough places around here to wheel it. And it can't be driven on the street, so I'd have this thing sitting there 95% of the time going unused. Seems like a waste.

If I could drive it on the street...say to the grocery store or whatever, it would be a done deal.

I have considered a VW-powered sand rail or something, which can be titled for street use as a "kit car" too...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:42 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:23 pm I usually can get well into double digits counting the number of "cyclops" I see driving anywhere around here. People are 100% :aintcare: about having working headlights, or treaded tires, or much of anything.

As long as they have :jesus: then nothing else matters.
I love this ^^^^^^^^^
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I don't understand these super expensive side by sides. Old jeep or Suzuki or Geo tracker would be preferable to me
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:02 pm Man those trucks are expensive.

Its making me want a truck less and less. A house payment and truck at the same time does not appeal to me nearly as much.
Damn, it's more like 20% on the :haus: and 25% on cars down here. :troywax:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Just one scenario that I've been running through my head. :lol:
troyguitar

KYGTIGuy wrote:I don't understand these super expensive side by sides. Old jeep or Suzuki or Geo tracker would be preferable to me
They are a billion times better to drive than a :jeep: due to being a purpose-built thing. That's like comparing a stock miata to a formula car.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm I don't understand these super expensive side by sides. Old jeep or Suzuki or Geo tracker would be preferable to me
They are indeed pricey. BUT, and old Jeep or Tracker will require constant work. To get something reliable, you're pretty much at the price of a used side by side. Which I think would still be more fun due to lightness, etc.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:37 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:I don't understand these super expensive side by sides. Old jeep or Suzuki or Geo tracker would be preferable to me
They are a billion times better to drive than a :jeep: due to being a purpose-built thing. That's like comparing a stock miata to a formula car.
:dat:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:38 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm I don't understand these super expensive side by sides. Old jeep or Suzuki or Geo tracker would be preferable to me
They are indeed pricey. BUT, and old Jeep or Tracker will require constant work. To get something reliable, you're pretty much at the price of a used side by side. Which I think would still be more fun due to lightness, etc.
Except you can easily plate a :jeep:
Side by sides, not so much... My dad was able to get one plated for his former PD. Could potentially look into this... They sound like they would be a riot to drive.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:38 pm
Side by sides, not so much... My dad was able to get one plated for his former PD. Could potentially look into this... They sound like they would be a riot to drive.
So many people were plating side by sides in Meatchicken that the state outlawed it. I'd seriously have one right now if it could be plated.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:41 pm Except you can easily plate a :jeep:
So many people were plating side by sides in Meatchicken that the state outlawed it. I'd seriously have one right now if it could be plated.
All it takes is money. Ariel Nomad.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:48 pm
Detroit wrote: So many people were plating side by sides in Meatchicken that the state outlawed it. I'd seriously have one right now if it could be plated.
All it takes is money. Ariel Nomad.
It is indeed my perfect vehicle. They're just way too pricey for me.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:37 pm
My brother has a big ass razr and it looks cool but whatever.

Different strokes
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:41 pm

:disappoint: Gubment intervention on your personal freedumbs.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:37 pm They are a billion times better to drive than a :jeep: due to being a purpose-built thing. That's like comparing a stock miata to a formula car.

Different strokes
The ones that are basically the size of a tracker are :butwhy:

I'm talking about the smaller 2 seaters.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:29 pm

That's true, he did!

My biggest thing is that there just aren't enough places around here to wheel it. And it can't be driven on the street, so I'd have this thing sitting there 95% of the time going unused. Seems like a waste.

If I could drive it on the street...say to the grocery store or whatever, it would be a done deal.

I have considered a VW-powered sand rail or something, which can be titled for street use as a "kit car" too...
He also lives in an epic location and super close to trails. IIRC he sold it? I think a regular vehicle that can go on a grocery run and detour through Moab on slickrock sounds pretty good.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:51 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Different strokes

Dirt bike, doe?
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Dirt bike, doe?
I've thought about this too.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 am

Hmm. When we do get smog checked we don't pay anything.
You don't pay a shop to do the smog check for you?
:nope:
There are state-run facilities that do the smog check via your OBDII port. You don't pay when you go.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.