Another "Help me make up my mind" thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 pm

So I'm shit outta luck. The King one really seemed okay. I mean a $300 doc fee is nothing if they're taking $3,338 off the car. My local :dillerman: also said freight should be included in the window sticker so it shouldn't be an extra fee. If I went to north penn it would just be the $40k msrp + tax.
It's a weird thing... all of the MD/VA/NC dealers advertise their cars without freight. I found this out when I was shopping for the FoST... even with Toyota this happens. It's a weird regional thing a ton of the manufacturers/dealers do.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Things done as regular maintenance to vibe in ~50k miles and 3 years (starting with 100k miles of unknown abuse):

wash and (spray) wax it once every couple months
change oil+filter every 5k
add winter wheels+tires, swap them in and out in november/march
change brake rotors+pads, bleed some new fluid through
change trans fluid
change spark plugs
change engine/cabin air filters
change battery

Things that actually broke and had to be replaced:
HVAC recirc door actuator
one rusty bolt holding up an exhaust heat shield

My god, it's like a full time job! How do I even keep it on the road? :rolleyes:
I'm salivating at the thought of doing all that to a 100k mile Miata with no service history, and maintaining an old motorcycle with no service history too. :jelly: breh, madd :jelly:

Hey. Wrenching on things actually can be fun though.
FWIW I don't find wrenching or cleaning shit to be fun or therapeutic in any way. It simply is a necessary element of owning anything to me. If you own a thing, you take care of it. Riding shit hard and putting it away wet does not compute whether it's a Veyron or a $5 frying pan.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 pm
I'm salivating at the thought of doing all that to a 100k mile Miata with no service history, and maintaining an old motorcycle with no service history too. :jelly: breh, madd :jelly:

Hey. Wrenching on things actually can be fun though.
FWIW I don't find wrenching or cleaning shit to be fun or therapeutic in any way. It simply is a necessary element of owning anything to me. If you own a thing, you take care of it. Riding shit hard and putting it away wet does not compute whether it's a Veyron or a $5 frying pan.
I'm just being :trollface:
I'd have an older-ish vehicle if I had a place to wrench on it. Not old old, but would entertain something new to me in the 40-60k range.

I don't mind wrenching as long as it's not stupid hard. I probably would have tackled the sunroof and valve cover gasket of the GTI if I had a driveway and a weekend.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Looking at my email with the Lindsay VW guy he said this. I guess I can ask him to confirm if that's the OTD price. That note about the $1,000 bonus is on GTI's as well because I believe it's a nationwide VW promotion. Should I email the King diller too since they're about $150 cheaper on sale price with a cheaper doc fee?

Selling price $36,515 + $820 freight = $37,335 + taxes, tags/title, processing fee
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 pm

I enjoy wrenching and cleaning when it doesn't need to be done by the end of the day.

If I can take my time and turn a wrench and pick things back up tomorrow, that's fun.

If I have to rush a job, strip a bolt, and throw tools because I'm short on time, :nope:
:dat:

Despite the carnage and second-guessing, I've really enjoyed working on the :eeyore: when I start to :rage: at something. I just step back, put the tools away, clean up, and come back to it another day. It's awesome.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Almost forgot about the PCV in addition to a $2k clutch job soon.

Email the VA and MD :dillerman: while also going to my local one to get numbers?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:24 pm Almost forgot about the PCV in addition to a $2k clutch job soon.

Email the VA and MD :dillerman: while also going to my local one to get numbers?
:doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:notbad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:39 pm Looking at my email with the Lindsay VW guy he said this. I guess I can ask him to confirm if that's the OTD price. That note about the $1,000 bonus is on GTI's as well because I believe it's a nationwide VW promotion. Should I email the King diller too since they're about $150 cheaper on sale price with a cheaper doc fee?

Selling price $36,515 + $820 freight = $37,335 + taxes, tags/title, processing fee
Focus on OTD price then.

Just say look, I've got another dealer at $xx,xxx - match it and you've got a :dill:

Or just tell your :dillerman: at Lindsay that King is $xxx lower. Match it, and give me $10000 for the trade, and I'll be there with :troywax: in hand on Monday.
I've got dem modz doe. I have to get them off the car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:47 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Focus on OTD price then.

Just say look, I've got another dealer at $xx,xxx - match it and you've got a :dill:

Or just tell your :dillerman: at Lindsay that King is $xxx lower. Match it, and give me $10000 for the trade, and I'll be there with :troywax: in hand on Monday.

Time to take em off to make the cash and turn the heap in
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:47 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Focus on OTD price then.

It is the weekend now...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So I kind of did a thing. :plac:

The local :dillerman: made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I put the $500 deposit down on the R so they can hold it for me while I get my mods off.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 am So I kind of did a thing. :plac:

The local :dillerman: made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I put the $500 deposit down on the R so they can hold it for me while I get my mods off.
:ohdang:
Grats, mang!!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:33 am

Grats, mang!!
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Grats, mang!!
The local :dillerman: is giving me $11k on trade for my GTI. I was :mindblown:. Sales manager also knocked off $300 since this will be my 3rd car from them and I go there for service. After comparing the numbers between the local diller and the one in VA, my local one came out to be a few hundred less even though it's sticker is $40k. That trade in price is yuuuge.

I had to take that :dill: and run.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Grats, mang!!
The local :dillerman: is giving me $11k on trade for my GTI. I was :mindblown:. Sales manager also knocked off $300 since this will be my 3rd car from them and I go there for service. After comparing the numbers between the local diller and the one in VA, my local one came out to be a few hundred less even though it's sticker is $40k. That trade in price is yuuuge.

Did you pull the trigger !? New thread time
ChrisoftheNorth

So paying sticker with :unicorn: trade offer?

I guess it all levels out in the end.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:53 pm So paying sticker with :unicorn: trade offer?

Craziness yup... I wonder if he has tax beni for the trade
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:53 pm So paying sticker with :unicorn: trade offer?

It did. With the :unicorn: trade offer and fewer fees associated with the diller here in PA, it came out to be $716 cheaper to just buy it here versus driving down to VA.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote:So I kind of did a thing. :plac:

:fuckyeah: Congrats!

Last edited by Tar on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote:
wap wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:33 am :ohdang:
Grats, mang!!

Nice!
max225

I am glad someone got a MK7 R, I am curious to hear about the impressions... as I am VERY fond of that car for the price, considering discunts have started.

The local stealer wouldn't let me test drive it :disgust: similar to the STI excuse.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

:impressive: The Plac is strong with this one..... :) :like:
Apex

:fuckyeah: In4pics
max225

Need deets too...
Color/options/ :manuel: or DSGAY