Do you even invest?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:51 am
Davestr wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:12 am Something Trump and Bannon will never read LOL

Germany and Industry 4.0 - Chancellor Angela Merkel is urging Germany’s heavy industry to modernize -- a policy dubbed Industry 4.0 (for "the fourth industrial revolution") -- wherein the likes of BMW AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Daimler AG, SAP SE and Siemens AG are investing billions of euros to defend the country’s world-leading automakers and machine builders from U.S. and Asian competition. That’s not even counting the thousands of midsized Mittelstand companies hoping to get on board and several hundred million euros invested by the government.

"Germany has focused on manufacturing first and completely transforming it," said Henning Kagermann, president of the National Academy of Science and Engineering (Acatech) and a former CEO of SAP. "This is the backbone of our success in Germany. How can we defend our businesses so if the top line drops by 30 percent they can still make money?"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... the-future
Easy to point fingers when your defense budget is a whopping 1.2% of the GDP. How about Germany triple that or make some payments to the country providing security to it and the rest of the eu neighbors?

Also Germany is increadibly protectionist when it comes to its own economy. While blasting the us for even suggesting what it's been doing for ages. Can we talk about how Germany treated the poles and Mexicans like 3rd rate citizens for years ? And didn't allow them the same workers rights etc.

Nah all sunshine and mosques over there
Feel better LOL?? Trump has done what??? When you want to engage about this let me know. Its not an emotional subject at all. Its just business. No one is stopping the US from doing anything at all. Check the sarcastic response you made to my input about Trump opening his mouth about foreign investment in the US specifically referencing the auto industry from Jalop.

Should we just lay off everyone in Greenville South Carolina, at the BMW plant??? Or say encourage further investment from BMW there to hire US folks. I will go with the rational investment in the plant in BMW. Or would you rather pay the unemployment benefits for them after Trump runs BMW off. Think a little before you speak just like Trump should. Germany actually does provide payment for the US bases here. Should they pay more??

Sure as its negotiated by the DoD and the German MoD via State etc. You have alot to learn. Trump has not replaced so may critical functions in the US gov so far we use US Ambassadors to sit in trade negotiations that they know little about. I can link you something on that to chew on. Talk about a competitive dis-advantage LOL. Thats ok the current Supreme Leader is like smart LOL.

Do you really want to open up race relations Max?? In the US? Really. Have another drink.

The article linked above intrigued me. A cohesive industrial strategy. Wow what a thought. Not a bad idea.

Since you brought up protecting industry how much outsourcing by US industry has cost the middle class in the US?? Take a look at the job destruction done by choice in the US. Take a look at the fact that the EU has higher High School graduation rates that the US. Has a trade class of folks that has shrunk in the US as its so focused on services. The fault of who?? I think the US does shite job of protecting industry but the larger point is the fact that in the US so much of smaller mid size companies have disappeared in the age of Wal-Shite Mart and Amazon etc. Monopoly is the order of the day vs smaller, family run companies in the US. The goal of many start-ups? Achieve a market value to be bought up. Not flourish in the future? That breeds the cycle in my opinion.

Its a far more complicated thing than a defense budget % or Germany manipulating trade or protectionism. Trump has done WHAT? Tell me in detail his plan....lay it out for me please.

Trump talking points lack depth. Remember that when you quote them. Trump has no plan but he does have a great twitter account to call people out on to appease his average voter - A white, 55+ male with HS or less. Wow.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Davestr wrote:
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:51 am Easy to point fingers when your defense budget is a whopping 1.2% of the GDP. How about Germany triple that or make some payments to the country providing security to it and the rest of the eu neighbors?

Also Germany is increadibly protectionist when it comes to its own economy. While blasting the us for even suggesting what it's been doing for ages. Can we talk about how Germany treated the poles and Mexicans like 3rd rate citizens for years ? And didn't allow them the same workers rights etc.

Feel better LOL?? Trump has done what??? When you want to engage about this let me know. Its not an emotional subject at all. Its just business. No one is stopping the US from doing anything at all. Check the sarcastic response you made to my input about Trump opening his mouth about foreign investment in the US specifically referencing the auto industry from Jalop.

Should we just lay off everyone in Greenville South Carolina, at the BMW plant??? Or say encourage further investment from BMW there to hire US folks. I will go with the rational investment in the plant in BMW. Or would you rather pay the unemployment benefits for them after Trump runs BMW off. Think a little before you speak just like Trump should. Germany actually does provide payment for the US bases here. Should they pay more??

Sure as its negotiated by the DoD and the German MoD via State etc. You have alot to learn. Trump has not replaced so may critical functions in the US gov so far we use US Ambassadors to sit in trade negotiations that they know little about. I can link you something on that to chew on. Talk about a competitive dis-advantage LOL. Thats ok the current Supreme Leader is like smart LOL.

Do you really want to open up race relations Max?? In the US? Really. Have another drink.

The article linked above intrigued me. A cohesive industrial strategy. Wow what a thought. Not a bad idea.

Since you brought up protecting industry how much outsourcing by US industry has cost the middle class in the US?? Take a look at the job destruction done by choice in the US. Take a look at the fact that the EU has higher High School graduation rates that the US. Has a trade class of folks that has shrunk in the US as its so focused on services. The fault of who?? I think the US does shite job of protecting industry but the larger point is the fact that in the US so much of smaller mid size companies have disappeared in the age of Wal-Shite Mart and Amazon etc. Monopoly is the order of the day vs smaller, family run companies in the US. The goal of many start-ups? Achieve a market value to be bought up. Not flourish in the future? That breeds the cycle in my opinion.

Its a far more complicated thing than a defense budget % or Germany manipulating trade or protectionism. Trump has done WHAT? Tell me in detail his plan....lay it out for me please.

Trump talking points lack depth. Remember that when you quote them. Trump has no plan but he does have a great twitter account to call people out on to appease his average voter - A white, 55+ male with HS or less. Wow.
Sad.
Davestr

Im not sad at all. Im happy today as Bottas took pole at the Austrian Grand Prix and Lewis Hamilton will start 8th...Fkn sweet!
troyguitar

Davestr wrote:Im not sad at all. Im happy today as Bottas took pole at the Austrian Grand Prix and Lewis Hamilton will start 8th...Fkn sweet!
Rigged.
Davestr

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 am
Davestr wrote:Im not sad at all. Im happy today as Bottas took pole at the Austrian Grand Prix and Lewis Hamilton will start 8th...Fkn sweet!
Rigged.
LOL but fun to watch!! :like:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

C'mon Dave, there is no room for your nuanced, non-fake news here. What do you even know about Germany anyway? You act like you live there or something. :yeahok:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:trollface:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:225: :triggered:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:48 am
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:51 am
Easy to point fingers when your defense budget is a whopping 1.2% of the GDP. How about Germany triple that or make some payments to the country providing security to it and the rest of the eu neighbors?

You going to tell me race relations in Germany are superior? :lolgasm: give me a fking break. I was an Auslander with my family for a solid 7 years and when I lived here. America is oceans ahead of the master race when it comes to this, even with all of our issues. Let also not forget that little war that was based on Race superiority not that long ago. Let's not go down that route. You have no leg to stand on in this race argument.

The trump bashing is old. Find a new point, no obviously he hasn't accomplished much yet, that needs time. However where the country was going wasn't exactly right to begin with. We shall see where we will end. Who knows maybe it'll be WWIII anyways so none of this shit will even matter. We're overdue.

Back to the company talk. Germany has plenty of giant companies just like the US. It isn't structured all that different, except German companies are in bed with the government more so than here. Not saying it's a good or a bad thing with this regard since it has its benefits and drawbacks.

No one is talking about laying ppl off in BMW in the States. Obviously building cars with :mahtroy: 's is cheaper than with Aryan angels, hence the plant here. The point being made was that is very protectionist, not all that different from what trump was saying, how do you go about twisting that into lay offs ?

Just saying... step outside of the fake news bubble a bit, and try to look at things independently. For the record, I don't like trump or any other politician for that matter, but we shall see how all this turns out. I'll stay optimistic because I don't have another choice at the matter.

Going to destroy Hamburg as part of the G20 protests isn't exactly my cup of tea.
Last edited by max225 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar

What war are you talking about? Germany hasn't been in any wars on record.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I only race for pinks :stig:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Davestr

wap wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:58 am C'mon Dave, there is no room for your nuanced, non-fake news here. What do you even know about Germany anyway? You act like you live there or something. :yeahok:
The plant in SC is amazing. Nice overview of it here. I took a tour there when the Z3 was produced there. Enjoy this -

https://www.bmwusfactory.com/manufactur ... 9580#stats

**Additonal factoid - In a surprise announcement in late June, the South Carolina plant unveiled a plan to add 1,000 more jobs and invest another $600 million through 2021 at the Greer campus. BMW Manufacturing produces the BMW X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) and the X4 and X6 SAV Coupe in South Carolina.
wap

Davestr wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:03 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:58 am C'mon Dave, there is no room for your nuanced, non-fake news here. What do you even know about Germany anyway? You act like you live there or something. :yeahok:
The plant in SC is amazing. Nice overview of it here. I took a tour there when the Z3 was produced there. Enjoy this -

**Additonal factoid - In a surprise announcement in late June, the South Carolina plant unveiled a plan to add 1,000 more jobs and invest another $600 million through 2021 at the Greer campus. BMW Manufacturing produces the BMW X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) and the X4 and X6 SAV Coupe in South Carolina.
Fake news.
Lock her up.
Go back where you came from.
Sad.
Davestr

wap wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm
Davestr wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Fake news.
Lock her up.
Sad.
I see what VAG ownership does to a guy :trollface:
wap

Davestr wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:44 am
wap wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm

Fake news.
Lock her up.
Sad.
I see what Trump''s election does to a guy :trollface:
:dat:
max225

Do you guys :member: my Facebook thing where I put my 370z money... so now I "made" $9200 in 5 months ...

This market is :fullretard:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The question is...when does it all end? I'd love to put some money into the market, but it's my luck that it'll tank as soon as I do.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:39 pm The question is...when does it all end? I'd love to put some money into the market, but it's my luck that it'll tank as soon as I do.
:dat:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:39 pm The question is...when does it all end? I'd love to put some money into the market, but it's my luck that it'll tank as soon as I do.
Are you :mahtroy: ? :notsure: :lol:

Max said previously that he's getting out of the market in something like 12-18 months?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:56 am Do you guys :member: my Facebook thing where I put my 370z money... so now I "made" $9200 in 5 months ...

This market is :fullretard:
Nice. I've done well in the last 5 months or so. Bought some defense contractor stocks with good dividends. USA will always have :fullretard: military spending, especially with a Republican president.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Max said previously that he's getting out of the market in something like 12-18 months?
Yea, I have terrible luck with this shit.

But I also have a bit of cash sitting around that I should do something with. :balls:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, I have terrible luck with this shit.

But I also have a bit of cash sitting around that I should do something with. :balls:
max225

I mean I am just :jalepenis: . If I had some serious money, I'd never have to work again. Dem rich getting richer. It is way too fucking easy at this moment. And that's gotta end.

meanwhile the poors are trying to scrape by on close to minimum wage while everything they consume got 2-3x more expensive.

There has got to be a class war sometime soon.

:disgust:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

I mean I am just :jalepenis: . If I had some serious money, I'd never have to work again. Dem rich getting richer. It is way too fucking easy at this moment. And that's gotta end.

meanwhile the poors are trying to scrape by on close to minimum wage while everything they consume got 2-3x more expensive.

Prices went up on everything this year. It's nuts.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:22 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

Prices went up on everything this year. It's nuts.
Inflation is zero, gas is free, everyone has great jobs, the recession is long gone!