Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:27 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:17 pm First paystub came through. Not bad.
https://www.theproscloset.com/products/ ... -bike-2020
They have some pretty not bad bikes on that site
Where are the pics of your new whips dude??
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:27 pm
Yeah, they have some good stuff on there.

Glad you actually got paid too. :lol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:27 pm
Where are the pics of your new whips dude??
When I pick them up I’ll throw up some pics! Should be later today or tomorrow, depending on when I get out of work.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:17 pm First paystub came through. Not bad.
:fuckyeah: :realnews:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Second interview with Lawo scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30 :excited:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:08 pm Second interview with Lawo scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30 :excited:
:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:08 pm Second interview with Lawo scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30 :excited:
:popcorn:
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Any last minute great questions to ask a potential employer in an interview?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also - in case we do video again, I'm wearing a dress shirt and sports coat this time instead of a tee shirt :fuckyeah:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:59 am Any last minute great questions to ask a potential employer in an interview?
What does success look like in this position, and how do you measure it?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well I think the interview today went really well. I spoke with the VP and SVP of sales for the US and Americas. Pretty standard stuff, they are hiring three regional sales managers to grow the US territories, east, west, central. They are still deciding who to hire for where, I applied for the eastern role but it sounds like they could end up offering me somewhere else, that said, I'm not sure this would require relocation regardless, definitely not if in the east.

The position will essentially be paid as salary, and then they provide annual bonuses based on performance, but whereas now 50-60% of my pay is commission, if I get this role, it will be significantly less. I think this is a win. Likely a lower ceiling to start than here but a much higher floor and easier way to live. They have existing sales people already in these territories, but they are saturated with some key accounts, so they will be increasing the team as the company has grown, so I'd essentially be a mentee to one of these more senior guys, which is kind of cool, and likely an opportunity to grow into a more senior role over time. They also said that this work is remote and they are very flexible. He acknowledged that work-life balance can be a farse, but they strive to make it work for you - manage your own time, hours, etc. The company is very European and very progressive - they're family owned. I told them how much I'm making currently and they said that they're pretty much inline with that, I'm not expecting a huge increase if I get an offer, but that's really OK, I already doubled my income this year and am more than happy at this level, just looking for something I enjoy more.

Unfortunately, they're all heading to IBC in Amsterdam next week so they said I won't hear back on how we're moving forwards until about two weeks from now. This kind of sucks because I still haven't really replied back to the other company's offer. I think I'll tell them that I don't want to relocate to New Bern and see what happens, but not sure there's really any way to milk it for 2-3 more weeks, it's already been two.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I sent a note over to Wheatstone in New Bern letting them know I decided against relocation there. I was sort of expecting them to re-offer me the job remotely, but they were pretty much just like "we understand, good luck". So strange that throughout the entire interview process they made it seem like relocation wasn't required and then the owner insisted on it out of the blue with the job offer. That said, I'm not bummed about it at all, I think either way not accepting that was the right move, definitely some weird things with that company.

My boss told me yesterday that adding outside sales reps in our department is likely off the table for 2020. I'm glad he let me know, was very cool/transparent of him, kind of a bummer :doe:

Should hear back from the German company next week, :popcorn:
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I have my 6 week check in with my unit leadership today. I think things are going well so it should be good!
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:43 am I sent a note over to Wheatstone in New Bern letting them know I decided against relocation there. I was sort of expecting them to re-offer me the job remotely, but they were pretty much just like "we understand, good luck". So strange that throughout the entire interview process they made it seem like relocation wasn't required and then the owner insisted on it out of the blue with the job offer. That said, I'm not bummed about it at all, I think either way not accepting that was the right move, definitely some weird things with that company.

My boss told me yesterday that adding outside sales reps in our department is likely off the table for 2020. I'm glad he let me know, was very cool/transparent of him, kind of a bummer :doe:

Should hear back from the German company next week, :popcorn:
Kinda sounds like it worked out for the best regardless of what happens with the German company.
wap

haleyann wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 pm I have my 6 week check in with my unit leadership today. I think things are going well so it should be good!
:nice:
In4Updates
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:00 pm
haleyann wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 pm I have my 6 week check in with my unit leadership today. I think things are going well so it should be good!
In4Updates
Everything going good! My preceptors have all said great things about me so far and my educator is happy with my progress!
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

ALMOST got my hair in poop today.

Still loving my job :doe:
wap

haleyann wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:00 pm

In4Updates
Everything going good! My preceptors have all said great things about me so far and my educator is happy with my progress!
:fuckyeah: :nice:
Keep up the good work.
wap

haleyann wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 pm ALMOST got my hair in poop today.

:wat:
:butwhy:
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 pm
haleyann wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 pm ALMOST got my hair in poop today.

Dementia lady had a huge poop in bed. Then got her hands in it... that’s what we call a code brown.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

haleyann wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:21 am

Dementia lady had a huge poop in bed. Then got her hands in it... that’s what we call a code brown.
:gag:

My morning started off with picking up dog poop on our entry rug.... :wtf:
wap

haleyann wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:21 am

:gag: :nope:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

So service director at Toyota liked my plan to grow into the management job, despite it being poor timing based off their immediate needs.

My old service manager was there in the interview, and is now director at a sister store. Both of them have apparently told ownership its worth investment in me.

I got a call yesterday asking me to interview at the sister store under my old boss who has usually always had my back. I go in Tuesday evening and as long as they’re serious about grooming me and not throwing me to the wolves, this is probably a done deal if were all on the same page.

An hour after that call, shit went down at my store that ended up with all of the techs effectively going on strike for half a day on a “long lunch”, one getting fired as a result of that and one quitting in “solidarity”. Another tech quit a week ago to move down south and decided to not finish out his two weeks after this bullshit.

The base Macan is changing the brand and not for the better. Now that the lawsuits are over from Porsche's failed VW takeover, VW is taking more control and the behind the scenes changes with warranty coverage and documentation are putting the squeeze on fixed ops. They’re evolving from a hyper exclusive premium luxury brand to something on par with BMW's volume. Established service employees are not handling this change well, and the cracks are spreading quickly.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 pm So service director at Toyota liked my plan to grow into the management job, despite it being poor timing based off their immediate needs.

My old service manager was there in the interview, and is now director at a sister store. Both of them have apparently told ownership its worth investment in me.

I got a call yesterday asking me to interview at the sister store under my old boss who has usually always had my back. I go in Tuesday evening and as long as they’re serious about grooming me and not throwing me to the wolves, this is probably a done deal if were all on the same page.

An hour after that call, shit went down at my store that ended up with all of the techs effectively going on strike for half a day on a “long lunch”, one getting fired as a result of that and one quitting in “solidarity”. Another tech quit a week ago to move down south and decided to not finish out his two weeks after this bullshit.

The base Macan is changing the brand and not for the better. Now that the lawsuits are over from Porsche's failed VW takeover, VW is taking more control and the behind the scenes changes with warranty coverage and documentation are putting the squeeze on fixed ops. They’re evolving from a hyper exclusive premium luxury brand to something on par with BMW's volume. Established service employees are not handling this change well, and the cracks are spreading quickly.
*slowly scrapes off POTML writing on the CF plate frames*

Wish you all the best, man! The universe works in mysterious ways. Not a coincidence you get called back and then shit hits the fan at your current gig.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 pm So service director at Toyota liked my plan to grow into the management job, despite it being poor timing based off their immediate needs.

I'm amazed by how much Porsche is advertising the Macan right now in Detroit, and the target market... 30-40yo chicks. I imagine that's a huge swing in the brand's demographics, and I'm curious what that does to the brand in the long run. Probably not going to be good, especially considering the volume.

Time to bail. Fingers crossed that this opportunity works out for you man!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.