So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Playing with your boom booms is as essential as playing golf or racecars.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:39 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:34 pm I mean, the ranges especially are in no way essential...
All of the ranges I know of in NJ are attached to gun stores. They also supply the local PDs for ammo.

There has been a massive run on firearms, many of them to first time owners, and you want to deny them training on how to use them. :notsure:
I know that space is often hard to come by, but even here in Commiefornia we have BLM land and national forests that are open for target shooting (at least they haven't announced them closed.....yet). Got anything near you?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm Playing with your boom booms is as essential as playing golf or racecars.
Getting drunk is clearly essential doe.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:46 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:39 pm

All of the ranges I know of in NJ are attached to gun stores. They also supply the local PDs for ammo.

There has been a massive run on firearms, many of them to first time owners, and you want to deny them training on how to use them. :notsure:
I know that space is often hard to come by, but even here in Commiefornia we have BLM land and national forests that are open for target shooting (at least they haven't announced them closed.....yet). Got anything near you?
I know of one spot but it’s shotgun only, and you need to provide your own launcher. Neither of which I have. :sad:
troyguitar

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm Playing with your boom booms is as essential as playing golf or racecars.
I wouldn't have called liquor stores essential either. Restaurants are also not essential IMO.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 pm
Apex wrote:
I wouldn't have called liquor stores essential either. Restaurants are also not essential IMO.
:mahman:

:mahtroy: I know you and I won’t see eye to eye on firearms, and that’s fine.
I get annoyed when my governor bans things because he doesn’t like something. Passing laws/orders based on feelings doesn’t sit right with me.
Apex

And I’m gonna leave it at that.

It’s Friday and I hope everyone makes the best of the weekend that they can!
troyguitar

I finally got an actual desk frame instead of my airboat desktop stacked on top of random crap. It's got a crank to raise it up to standing height. I also put the seat from my racing sim on the old base from my garbage desk chair. 5/7 upgrade so far.

ImageImage
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:02 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 pm I wouldn't have called liquor stores essential either. Restaurants are also not essential IMO.
:mahman:

:mahtroy: I know you and I won’t see eye to eye on firearms, and that’s fine.
I get annoyed when my governor bans things because he doesn’t like something. Passing laws/orders based on feelings doesn’t sit right with me.
What if I want to drink beer while firing my suppressed machine gun into a safe direction?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:03 pm And I’m gonna leave it at that.

Building guns. Pressure washing. Reloading. Brewing beer. Yeah.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:14 am
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:03 pm And I’m gonna leave it at that.

Building guns. Pressure washing. Reloading. Brewing beer. Yeah.
:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:51 pm I finally got an actual desk frame instead of my airboat desktop stacked on top of random crap. It's got a crank to raise it up to standing height. I also put the seat from my racing sim on the old base from my garbage desk chair. 5/7 upgrade so far.
:nice:

My desk chair sucks, been thinking about trying to attach one of the :poorvette: stock seats to the base for my office.
troyguitar

Motherfucker.
Please review the details of this attempted charge

Fraud Protection
A charge of 161.00 USD was attempted at YESENIA CERVANTES.

Do you recognize this attempt?
Ain't nobody got time for this shit.

I only use that card for... everything. Gotta update info with everyone, and inevitably forget something and end up with shit bouncing. I had the number memorized too, gotta start all over. :thanksobama:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:06 pm Motherfucker.
Please review the details of this attempted charge

Fraud Protection
A charge of 161.00 USD was attempted at YESENIA CERVANTES.

Do you recognize this attempt?
Ain't nobody got time for this shit.

I only use that card for... everything. Gotta update info with everyone, and inevitably forget something and end up with shit bouncing. I had the number memorized too, gotta start all over. :thanksobama:
I've been testing privacy.com for the last few months for one-off's. They let you setup virtual cards and set limits, including $xxx or number of transactions per month/ever.

I got tired of getting my card compromised, so changing it at one place if needed is much easier.

I think it will be very useful for places that will try to automatically renew you after a certain time... you can make the card a one time use, or limit it's amount of charges then it automatically disables.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Watching tv at home has been..hard with the kid. all his shit is loud. He is loud. The wife hates scifi shit and marco polo's into her phone and I CANT HEAR ANYTHING.

What sucks is, we had rouu 3s with private listening but again, kid shit, the remotes volume buttons stopped working after being dropped 100 times.

Solution: I bought a new roku ulta on amazon wherehouse for 70 bones. A new remote with private listening is 30 bucks alone, and our rokus are getting long in the tooth anyway.

Im excited to hear tv again.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 pm Watching tv at home has been..hard with the kid. all his shit is loud. He is loud. The wife hates scifi shit and marco polo's into her phone and I CANT HEAR ANYTHING.

What sucks is, we had rouu 3s with private listening but again, kid shit, the remotes volume buttons stopped working after being dropped 100 times.

Solution: I bought a new roku ulta on amazon wherehouse for 70 bones. A new remote with private listening is 30 bucks alone, and our rokus are getting long in the tooth anyway.

Noise cancelling headphones... Get some. Use them attached to a device, or just for peace and quiet.

:)
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:22 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 pm Watching tv at home has been..hard with the kid. all his shit is loud. He is loud. The wife hates scifi shit and marco polo's into her phone and I CANT HEAR ANYTHING.

Noise cancelling headphones... Get some. Use them attached to a device, or just for peace and quiet.

:)
Yea, its not the noise itself that i want to tune out as much as it is i just cant hear the tv due to SNR. The roku has a great feature where you can plug the headphones into the remote and watch tv privately. That way i don't have to be on a phone/tablet either.

If i did pair that with some noise canceling units....i could truly tune out
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Bought a freezer... being delivered tomorrow.. that was not an easy find. Apparently there is a run on freezers across the entire country.

Ordered some more meats as well.

Ordered a Honda EU3000 generator with some accessories too, just in case PG&E decides they need to do blackouts again... at least that generator will power the fridge and the freezer with capacity to spare. Also got 10 five gallon gas cans to store enough gas for some days, if it comes to that. Not going to fill all the cans right away, just one.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:28 pm Bought a freezer... being delivered tomorrow.. that was not an easy find. Apparently there is a run on freezers across the entire country.

Ordered a Honda EU3000 generator with some accessories too, just in case PG&E decides they need to do blackouts again... at least that generator will power the fridge and the freezer with capacity to spare. Also got 10 five gallon gas cans to store enough gas for some days, if it comes to that. Not going to fill all the cans right away, just one.
Wanna go in on 10,000 gallons of gas?

I can’t think of an economical storage solution
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:19 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:28 pm Bought a freezer... being delivered tomorrow.. that was not an easy find. Apparently there is a run on freezers across the entire country.

Saw gas below $1.00 for the first time yesterday. Was :mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:48 am

What was the premium up charge?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Last company used to buy it and store it in barges docked in St Croix. Big rental charges. Even bigger profits when they re sold it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:48 am
What was the premium up charge?
The station wasn't advertising anything more than 87.

Was probably more than a dollar premium :doe:

I haven't had to buy premium in 7 months. Has been awesome.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

We had a station here advertising 87 for $1.87 but charged $2.87 when you looked at the receipt.