Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:37 pm
Advertised price excludes tax, registration, security deposit, drive away permit $8.25, title fee $21.00, VTR $189 and dealer doc fee of $499.50..[/b]
:wtf: $499.50 is that a fucking typo?
:nope that’s how they are here too :disgust:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm

:nope that’s how they are here too :disgust:
:disgust: man that's $26.4k PRE-Tax... yea... um... I am not making moves yet. Advertised price is just a crock of shit then when you create $500 in fictitious fees that you need to layer in.
max225

I emailed the red so-cal owner about the car. It is a slightly better spec but no decent pictures of the car. It also would be an in state transaction which would make some things easier for me.

Overall I am pretty :disgust: today. weird experiences all around, and I was hoping to close out of this.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Advertised price excludes tax, registration, security deposit, drive away permit $8.25, title fee $21.00, VTR $189 and dealer doc fee of $499.50..[/b]
Insane.

The only good thing about California and car buying.... Max $80 doc fee.
max225

BuT YoUr SaLeStAX iS tOo hIGh
max225

So last update of the day ... I am not 100% sold on the mini in Reno. It’s nice but the non budging :dillerman: , $500
Doc rape and out of state transaction has me all :notsure:

I am not in a rush they need me more than I need them.

we shall see where it goes.

I have 3 weeks to find a mini that’s a bit more local and better spec’d for what I want and no I am not getting one shipped sight unseen unless price + shipping makes sense. This isn’t some sort of ferrari

Also Irvine guy hasn’t responded for my request for pics and answer any of my questions
Overall quite :disappoint:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’d meet up with you in Irvine if you picked that one up.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 am
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 pm So last update of the day ... I am not 100% sold on the mini in Reno. It’s nice but the non budging :dillerman: , $500

I have 3 weeks to find a mini that’s a bit more local and better spec’d for what I want and no I am not getting one shipped sight unseen unless price + shipping makes sense. This isn’t some sort of ferrari

Also Irvine guy hasn’t responded for my request for pics and answer any of my questions
Colorbrahdoe, doe?

Would be a :neat: trip home.
I don’t mind it, but nothing jumps out at me from that car ... it’s got 15k more miles and it has the smaller nav screen than the one in Irvine, it also costs a bit more... so... nothing in particular :wrong: with it but I think I should be able to find something closer. I wouldn’t mind a trip but that’s also really short term and would have to be quite planned
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:41 am I’d meet up with you in Irvine if you picked that one up.
He is not responding :( I just asked simple things like more photos as there are only 4, and they are 320x240 resolution.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:41 am I’d meet up with you in Irvine if you picked that one up.
He is not responding :( I just asked simple things like more photos as there are only 4, and they are 320x240 resolution.
Need me to go break some kneecaps?
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 am
🌮 with :massles: - what’s not to love?
Extra :sawce: on the tacos.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:57 am
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 am

Need me to go break some kneecaps?
Getting close to it :lolgasm: this search isn’t super easy ....
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/ ... 55969.html

How unreliable are the gen 2s? Minus the fact that this one has a brand new engine before 50k miles ?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:08 am https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/ ... 55969.html

How unreliable are the gen 2s? Minus the fact that this one has a brand new engine before 50k miles ?
Engine replaced @50k miles...I'd say it's not super reliable.

On the flip, for $11k...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:08 am https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/ ... 55969.html

No.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:25 am

HARD NO.

The only R56 JCW to look at is the 2013, as that got the updated N18 engine. Dual VANOS, improved timing chain/guides/tensioner, plus other tweaks.

Every other R56 JCW got the N14 which was very problematic.

Additionally, the R56 pre-2011 is prone to issues anyway. They made a bunch of changes in 2011 with the LCI that improved reliability. Granted, we had a 2010 Cooper that was pre-LCI, and had no issues - but, the engine did eat itself shortly after we traded it in. Not sure if it was the car's fault or the technician who did the timing chain job shortly before I traded it in.
TY for this. I am permanently crossing it off the list.
max225

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 pm So last update of the day ... I am not 100% sold on the mini in Reno. It’s nice but the non budging :dillerman: , $500

Apparently my dad is out of town from 9/4>9/21 so I literally have 5 weeks for a search... and I won't be without cars... :hubba: so it seems like I really should take my sweet time here. 0 rush... :gaydance: habachi life.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Apparently my dad is out of town from 9/4>9/21 so I literally have 5 weeks for a search... and I won't be without cars... :hubba: so it seems like I really should take my sweet time here. 0 rush... :gaydance: habachi life.
Cool. Looking forward to an update after dinner next week. Enjoy hibachi bro.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:27 pm

:lol: I am too addicted to this place not to post. I wish there were more cars in my area... (1000mile radius)

My main question still remains Auto vs Manual.. I literally can't decide on that piece.
:iono: I liked both, and each one has its own advantages. I want to say I am 55/45 split on the auto, because its easier to find, azn can already drive it and I won't have to worry that someone fried a clutch/syncro before I drive it.

But... the :manuel: seems like a great trans to have in something this little and fun...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm
:lol: I am too addicted to this place not to post. I wish there were more cars in my area... (1000mile radius)

My main question still remains Auto vs Manual.. I literally can't decide on that piece.
:iono: I liked both, and each one has its own advantages. I want to say I am 55/45 split on the auto, because its easier to find, azn can already drive it and I won't have to worry that someone fried a clutch/syncro before I drive it.

But... the :manuel: seems like a great trans to have in something this little and fun...
While I'd personally go :manuel: only in such a car, I think you should just let the :dill: decide since you're so evenly split. JCW's are rare enough, so if the right one pops up in the right color with the right features and the right price, pull the trigger regardless of transmission.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm Cool. Looking forward to an update after dinner next week. Enjoy hibachi bro.
Image I am too addicted to this place not to post. I wish there were more cars in my area... (1000mile radius)

I'd go :manuel: in the Mini for sure. Yeah autos are good and all but the stick is a better character fit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

While I'd personally go :manuel: only in such a car, I think you should just let the :dill: decide since you're so evenly split. JCW's are rare enough, so if the right one pops up in the right color with the right features and the right price, pull the trigger regardless of transmission.
Yea that's my reasoning right now... the 6k mile mini is still the front runner...but the total vehicle cost is closer to ~29k OTD which seems rather high to me... I'm trying to keep it at around 25-26... other than the low miles it doesn't have anything MUST HAVE for me... and I want the non cloth seats.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:00 pm
max225 wrote:
Image I am too addicted to this place not to post. I wish there were more cars in my area... (1000mile radius)

I'd go :manuel: in the Mini for sure. Yeah autos are good and all but the stick is a better character fit.

It does seem like a much better character fit, and it was my sole choice until i drove the auto... which was frankly :notbad:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Agree. If you find a car near you that's the right deal don't let transmission indecision make you miss out on it. You can channel your inner Ken block with the auto with dat :dedong: shifter and pull for up, push for down gear change.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:00 pm I'd go :manuel: in the Mini for sure. Yeah autos are good and all but the stick is a better character fit.

It does seem like a much better character fit, and it was my sole choice until i drove the auto... which was frankly :notbad:
Autos have just gotten so good...a good one really don't ruin the experience as much as they used to.