Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:49 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:41 am

Eliminate the police. Social workers can handle it all. :lol:
You laugh, but these crunchy fucks are pretty much trying it here in Berkeley.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsand ... 0929370fa7
I really don’t know what to say to that. So many unknowns.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:49 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:47 pm

:dat:

At least they increased her pay :iono:
That makes it better.

I'm finally back to full pay this month, that was a :fuckyeah: morning announcement. MUCH more breathing room with :tits: out of work, not so much to be concerned about now. Major relief :sweaty:
:fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:48 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:05 am

My problem is more that they are fighting each other because they started saying things as fact that others said is not proven.

Suggestions are one thing and obviously a good thing, but there should be a uniform message and less knee jerk reactions like governor's making laws that they legally cannot make and telling the people that they "might get freedoms back" as our douchebag in office said. That guy thinks he's the supreme leader of the promised land.
This is the problem. spouting off "facts" as soon as they're learned and not yet fully vetted just spreads more doubt and :notsure: among the population because it's hard to figure out what's real and what's not. Absolutely there's a lot to learn and a rapidly developing situation but a "Hey, this thing is new and we're still trying to get a grasp on what it is, so in the mean time, stay the fuck home and follow XYZ precautions until we learn more" would be a much preferred response IMO. All the news conferences and opportunities for idiots to get their 15 minutes to prove how great they are really fucked things up. A unified message across the nation would have done a lot of good, but obviously we don't live in a world where that's possible.

The constant fact drop then take back is annoying. I do think :science: is real and I'm all for things like bars being closed and masks being used... BUT, it should be presented as "based on what we've learned so far, masks likely greatly reduce the spread of the virus and should be used".

:ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:00 pm
This is the problem. spouting off "facts" as soon as they're learned and not yet fully vetted just spreads more doubt and :notsure: among the population because it's hard to figure out what's real and what's not. Absolutely there's a lot to learn and a rapidly developing situation but a "Hey, this thing is new and we're still trying to get a grasp on what it is, so in the mean time, stay the fuck home and follow XYZ precautions until we learn more" would be a much preferred response IMO. All the news conferences and opportunities for idiots to get their 15 minutes to prove how great they are really fucked things up. A unified message across the nation would have done a lot of good, but obviously we don't live in a world where that's possible.

The constant fact drop then take back is annoying. I do think :science: is real and I'm all for things like bars being closed and masks being used... BUT, it should be presented as "based on what we've learned so far, masks likely greatly reduce the spread of the virus and should be used".

Exactly! Transparency is good unless the facts aren't fully understood yet.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 pm

I read this...and really curious how this works.

So the city will do what exactly? Lay off a bunch of racist cops then rehire them as meter maids? Or program computers with cameras to write tickets so they're 100% unbiased?
Well, the logical, "uneducated" people in Berkeley are quite worried. They are bringing questions to the city that are just crazy, like.... How can an unarmed city worker really inforce violations? What if the person has a gun, or is bigger than the city employee and decides to get physical? One dude, who is black BTW was on the news saying he thinks that the only reason most people comply with the law is knowing that the police have the ability to arrest you, and if you get physical they DO have guns and other tools to keep things inline.

Can you imagine being a city permit inspector and getting a call needing backup where 14 gang bangers were getting violent with another city employee? Pretty sure that call will go unanswered because there is no "brotherhood" amongst the majority of unionized city workers. "I'm just an electrician, I didn't sign up for this!". This is all rightfully so, in my opinion.

We can't afford adequate fire protection in these counties either, so is everyone expected to respond to fires as well? "Last night we had a 45 Prius alarm fire and lost the city west of Telegraph Avenue out to the bay. We need Federal funds to help in this natural disaster!"
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 pm
I read this...and really curious how this works.

So the city will do what exactly? Lay off a bunch of racist cops then rehire them as meter maids? Or program computers with cameras to write tickets so they're 100% unbiased?
Well, the logical, "uneducated" people in Berkeley are quite worried. They are bringing questions to the city that are just crazy, like.... How can an unarmed city worker really inforce violations? What if the person has a gun, or is bigger than the city employee and decides to get physical? One dude, who is black BTW was on the news saying he thinks that the only reason most people comply with the law is knowing that the police have the ability to arrest you, and if you get physical they DO have guns and other tools to keep things inline.

Can you imagine being a city permit inspector and getting a call needing backup where 14 gang bangers were getting violent with another city employee? Pretty sure that call will go unanswered because there is no "brotherhood" amongst the majority of unionized city workers. "I'm just an electrician, I didn't sign up for this!". This is all rightfully so, in my opinion.

We can't afford adequate fire protection in these counties either, so is everyone expected to respond to fires as well? "Last night we had a 45 Prius alarm fire and lost the city west of Telegraph Avenue out to the bay. We need Federal funds to help in this natural disaster!"
Right...there's a lot of :notsure: to be answered, but I'm sure some half-assed plan will be approved unanimously by city council to show how great and progressive the city is.

Reform needs to happen, but it needs to be well thought out and implemented correctly.

Traffic stops in general are a waste :doe: usually just parking and speed trap violations.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

That makes it better.

I'm finally back to full pay this month, that was a :fuckyeah: morning announcement. MUCH more breathing room with :tits: out of work, not so much to be concerned about now. Major relief :sweaty:
:mahman:
:troywax:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:37 pm
That makes it better.

Not quite, but it feels good that the 50% HHI cut for the last few months will be coming to and end.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:16 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Not quite, but it feels good that the 50% HHI cut for the last few months will be coming to and end.
:word:
Now buy out the truklet and fulfill your cabin in the woods destiny.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:16 pm
:word:
Now buy out the truklet and fulfill your cabin in the woods destiny.
:notwrong:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

wap wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:45 pm

Dang. :ohwell:

That's something at least.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

3rd Teams meeting of the day.
:disgust:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:00 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:33 pm 3rd Teams meeting of the day.
3rd? What is it? 9 AM?
Mine started at 5am this morning then a 6am, 8am and 9am. Really cut into my COVID sleep schedule. I've been sleeping in until about 7 most days. I need a nap.
wap

That makes it better.

Great news! :fuckyeah:
:jelly:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Hello from the beach.
:therapist:
Apex

Calvinball wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:52 pm Hello from the beach.
:howdy: from my loft.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 am

:baby: stress?
Stomach bug I think.
A good :poop: should help that.
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Worth a try :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:11 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Mine started at 5am this morning then a 6am, 8am and 9am. Really cut into my COVID sleep schedule. I've been sleeping in until about 7 most days. I need a nap.
That's my Thursday. For some reason I have all my 1:1s scheduled for one day so 6 AM to 2:30 it's back to back calls. Normally I have a break at 11 but I have a client call instead.
1:1s every week? How many reports do you have?

We have a 20 minute or so meeting daily with the team since remote work started, but my boss man mostly leaves me alone, we talk 1:1 maybe once or twice monthly which works out well for everyone. It's always funny to me when I'm reminded that many of my colleagues call him daily for "help".
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Our governor has been consistently saying pretty much that since March when the mask requirement kicked in in Illinois, and our infection rate is <3%, and our infection and death curves have been looking pretty 5/7. So you're right, good messaging, of the right message, works.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

3rd? What is it? 9 AM?
My wife has to go back in to her office (school) as of this week. She now sets an alarm for 6 AM so I'm trying to get back on that wake up time as well. I've always been a morning person but slipped to about 7 AM as well with the 'VID. :ohwell: It was fun for a few months.
wap

wap wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:33 pm 3rd Teams meeting of the day.
3rd? What is it? 9 AM?
One at 9:00, one at 9:30, third at 1:00.
Apex

wap wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:12 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Worth a try :iono:
Homeboy gets stopped by a social worker for running a red light and then shoots them because he’s not going back to jail? :iono:
wap

3rd? What is it? 9 AM?
This morning I slept 30 minutes past my alarm going off. :wtf: Felt good, :doe:
wap

Calvinball wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:52 pm Hello from the beach.
:wat: beach?
Pics