VW Recall!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:

IIRC @Detroitplac runs a 2 stroke Lawn Boy
I used to. Now my lawn is too small to justify taking up the garage space with it.

Two-stroke leaf blower and trimmer, doe.
If your really want to two stroke the environment to death doe you need to old school outboard.

Image[/url] [/url],
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: I used to. Now my lawn is too small to justify taking up the garage space with it.

If your really want to two stroke the environment to death doe you need to old school outboard.

Image,
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: I used to. Now my lawn is too small to justify taking up the garage space with it.

Image[/url] [/url],
I'd love to.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

2 stroke errthang
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Desertbreh wrote:

Image[/url] [/url],
Jesus that thing runs on mercury?! You ain't kiddin!
:therapist:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Man what a flipping mess....

So they refused one of my documents, which I re-uploaded I called to check make sure that shit was ok...

I got a :mahtroy: on the other line that didn't know shit. She told me to wait for the letter in the mail :dafuq: I said I already got it and notarized it, this was news to her and she was shocked.

I asked when I can schedule a return... Since I won't have a car after, and she mentioned that there will be 3 consecutive dates 1 week apart... that THEY would assign? So I am :notsure: what will happen next at the moment...

I thought I had 2 years, I just wanted to make sure all my documents are locked and loaded so that I can get a new car at whatever point.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

maxtdi wrote:Man what a flipping mess....

So they refused one of my documents, which I re-uploaded I called to check make sure that shit was ok...

I got a :mahtroy: on the other line that didn't know shit. She told me to wait for the letter in the mail :dafuq: I said I already got it and notarized it, this was news to her and she was shocked.

I asked when I can schedule a return... Since I won't have a car after, and she mentioned that there will be 3 consecutive dates 1 week apart... that THEY would assign? So I am :notsure: what will happen next at the moment...

I thought I had 2 years, I just wanted to make sure all my documents are locked and loaded so that I can get a new car at whatever point.
:mahtroy:
max225

:rage:

I am having major :mahtroy: luck here...

Submitted the two notarized pages as requested. They BOUNCED IT AGAIN. Saying I have missing pages in letter even though it is pointless legalize not the actual release document.

I called the place and they told me I have missing info but they can't tell me what is missing because the person on the phone CAN NOT access what I submitted. :wtf:

How Fking annoying
max225

[user not found] wrote:
maxtdi wrote::rage:

I am having major :mahtroy: luck here...

Submitted the two notarized pages as requested. They BOUNCED IT AGAIN. Saying I have missing pages in letter even though it is pointless legalize not the actual release document.

I called the place and they told me I have missing info but they can't tell me what is missing because the person on the phone CAN NOT access what I submitted. :wtf:

How Fking annoying
Can't do it in person?
No it is some kind of ass backwards online portal that takes forever and 1/2 to do shit... also they told me some kind of form is missing now... that is specific to california only, and of course my notary is out for the weekend. And it took them an entire week to tell me that.

No where on their god damn form does it say California requires additional documentation to be notarized/included other than what was already mentioned.
I don't
UGH! :rage:
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Dat egg lyfe.

Currently on FAPatalk
*reserved for no content*
Apex
Drives: Abominable

They won't actually buy back any cars. Info/documents will always be missing. :rage:
max225

My documents have been accepted. Trying to schedule a buy back time... earliest is 12/7 at 2.30pm

:dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:They won't actually buy back any cars. Info/documents will always be missing. :rage:
:dat: :notbad: idea on their part. :iono:
max225

Buyback scheduled for 12/7/16 at 2.30pm...
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
maxtdi wrote:Buyback scheduled for 12/7/16 at 2.30pm...
Thank God
:dat:
max225

[user not found] wrote:
maxtdi wrote:Buyback scheduled for 12/7/16 at 2.30pm...
Thank God
God again eh?
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

maxtdi wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thank God
God again eh?
Oh god...
:therapist:
max225

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fiat ... 27349.html

Looks like :doge: is trouble in the same way VW is... dem diesels ain't clean yo.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fiat ... 27349.html

Looks like :doge: is trouble in the same way VW is... dem diesels ain't clean yo.
Eh, we'll see if it sticks. Sounds like this is a baseless claim fed by :waxer: s riding on the VW fallout coattails.
max225

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fiat ... 27349.html

Eh, we'll see if it sticks. Sounds like this is a baseless claim fed by :waxer: s riding on the VW fallout coattails.
Not sure ... the EPA is demanding a recall. And this is causing quite a fall out between Cummings and doge. Hopefully it is not a fatal one, considering their long term relationshit
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: Eh, we'll see if it sticks. Sounds like this is a baseless claim fed by :waxer: s riding on the VW fallout coattails.
Not sure ... the EPA is demanding a recall. And this is causing quite a fall out between Cummings and doge. Hopefully it is not a fatal one, considering their long term relationshit
Oh, I haven't seen any concrete info on it re:EPA. The article made it all sound like speculation from the customers.
max225

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
Oh, I haven't seen any concrete info on it re:EPA. The article made it all sound like speculation from the customers.
Something happened between the design phase and actual implementation of their emission equipment. Where one side blames the other for a fuck up. Cummings designed a piece that doesn't hold up when subjected to extreme equivalents of Regen cycles that my tdi does and it fails. However Cummings is saying that it is due to doge fucking shit up on the fuel delivery side since it wasn't their part

It's messy :( no winners there. I totally see both sides of the story, however only the blood sucking lawyers will win here
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: Oh, I haven't seen any concrete info on it re:EPA. The article made it all sound like speculation from the customers.
Something happened between the design phase and actual implementation of their emission equipment. Where one side blames the other for a fuck up. Cummings designed a piece that doesn't hold up when subjected to extreme equivalents of Regen cycles that my tdi does and it fails. However Cummings is saying that it is due to doge fucking shit up on the fuel delivery side since it wasn't their part

It's messy :( no winners there. I totally see both sides of the story, however only the blood sucking lawyers will win here
:disgust: :disappoint:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, interesting. Looks like they'll recoup at least some of the cost of all this. I figured this might happen.