Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Apex wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:59 pm :waxer: did you supercharge the 1LE yet?
Kit is ordered, just waiting.
:like:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:15 pm
:yesth: :popcorn:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:28 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:20 pm Leave me a fancy pants video card in your will.
If I got any for a discount it free I would send you one, but I am not in the GPU division.
Didn't you say awhile ago that you had multiple Titans laying around? You bought them at full price and don't even use them? :troywax:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:50 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:28 pm

If I got any for a discount it free I would send you one, but I am not in the GPU division.
Didn't you say awhile ago that you had multiple Titans laying around? You bought them at full price and don't even use them? :troywax:
That was a long time ago now. I've have like 3 purges since then and only have 1 desktop PC now and mainly just use my notebooks.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wait, what? In4deets.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 am

Wait, what? In4deets.
I actually ordered the Whipple kit but just a day later threads of horror stories were popping up on the forums so I talked to a few of the guys via PM and it didn't look good. Lots of issues with the parts from the intercooler to the pulleys making contact with the hood liner or throwing belts and needing to be shimmed at home via trial and error, so I killed that order.

I ended up continuing my research and didn't really care for the info I had already received on the Maggie, so I went back to the Procharger kit and hit up some guys with miles on the kits. By far, the Procharger guys seem to have a lot less issues and the kit is fully plug and play and reversible, no need to cut anything stock, they give you anything that you would need to cut in the kit, pre-cut so you can keep your OEM parts if you want to return to stock later.

Ended up ordering the P1-X kit in black with the normal intercooler/BOV. Was told there's an 8 week wait or so....

I didn't post it because I was told I was just throwing it in people's faces that I can afford it.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:02 pm
Wait, what? In4deets.
I actually ordered the Whipple kit but just a day later threads of horror stories were popping up on the forums so I talked to a few of the guys via PM and it didn't look good. Lots of issues with the parts from the intercooler to the pulleys making contact with the hood liner or throwing belts and needing to be shimmed at home via trial and error, so I killed that order.

I ended up continuing my research and didn't really care for the info I had already received on the Maggie, so I went back to the Procharger kit and hit up some guys with miles on the kits. By far, the Procharger guys seem to have a lot less issues and the kit is fully plug and play and reversible, no need to cut anything stock, they give you anything that you would need to cut in the kit, pre-cut so you can keep your OEM parts if you want to return to stock later.

Ended up ordering the P1-X kit in black with the normal intercooler/BOV. Was told there's an 8 week wait or so....

I didn't post it because I was told I was just throwing it in people's faces that I can afford it.
:wat:
I don't give a shit what you can or can't afford. I assume most here feel the same way, that's why I never hesitate to post about my Euro travels. Post away my :waxer: friend: . :like: .
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wait, what? In4deets.

Why do any of this bullshit ? Just get a ZL1.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Because 1LE has better monthly payments. :trollface: :225: :rage:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

ZL1 1LE or :gtfo:
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:00 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:50 pm

That was a long time ago now. I've have like 3 purges since then and only have 1 desktop PC now and mainly just use my notebooks.
Random curiosity: When you "purge" do you put stuff on ebay or just throw it in the trash because it's not worth your time to make listings?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:29 pm ZL1 1LE or :gtfo:
Even though it is functional, I think the ZL1 1LE looks like a Ricer piece of shit, like teh Viper ACR when it is on the street.

I would rather a 1LE SS that weighs less with a blower and looks more "normal" and less "LOOK AT ME MOTHERFUCKERS!"
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Wait, what? In4deets.

:bruh:

i lave hearing :waxer: stories, esp. about cars. post that shit
brain go brrrrrr
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:58 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:29 pm ZL1 1LE or :gtfo:
Even though it is functional, I think the ZL1 1LE looks like a Ricer piece of shit, like teh Viper ACR when it is on the street.

I would rather a 1LE SS that weighs less with a blower and looks more "normal" and less "LOOK AT ME MOTHERFUCKERS!"
Why not get the zl1 though. Dicking with factory shit is a huge hassle especially something as major as a super charger.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:30 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Random curiosity: When you "purge" do you put stuff on ebay or just throw it in the trash because it's not worth your time to make listings?
I don't throw anything away and I don't bother to sell it unless it is something "special" or of real value because it is usually a waste of time and effort dealing with people that just want to kick tires..

I give the parts away, or even full PCs. In June I gave away three i7 computers with Windows 10 licenses to three families from my wife's school that couldn't afford a PC in any way, shape or form. They were a few years older and nothing cutting edge, all 3.0-3.3 Ghz from a few years ago with 8gb RAM and 2TB HDDs in them. I bought some cheaper 22" monitors at Best Buy for them so they wouldn't have to buy anything. Turns me into a big :gay: to see someone that really appreciates this stuff get so excited that someone gave a shit enough to give them something..
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:01 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Why not get the zl1 though. Dicking with factory shit is a huge hassle especially something as major as a super charger.
I wanted something other than an LT4. I already have an LT4 in a better platform. The blower is really not needed, but i figured why not, it will be a blast on that car and I can say fuck it and tune it and/or upgrade the head unit later if I want... Warranty be damned.

I actually wanted the 1LE for the suspension, which you couldn't get in the ZL1 at the time, and now you need the wing and front spats which make it look like you're trying too hard unless that is a track car.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:06 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Because 1LE has better monthly payments. :trollface: :225: :rage:
:dat:

It's all about that 98 month car note.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 pm

:wat:
I don't give a shit what you can or can't afford. I assume most here feel the same way, that's why I never hesitate to post about my Euro travels. Post away my :waxer: friend: . :like: .
:yesth: :wap:
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:05 pm

I don't throw anything away and I don't bother to sell it unless it is something "special" or of real value because it is usually a waste of time and effort dealing with people that just want to kick tires..

I give the parts away, or even full PCs. In June I gave away three i7 computers with Windows 10 licenses to three families from my wife's school that couldn't afford a PC in any way, shape or form. They were a few years older and nothing cutting edge, all 3.0-3.3 Ghz from a few years ago with 8gb RAM and 2TB HDDs in them. I bought some cheaper 22" monitors at Best Buy for them so they wouldn't have to buy anything. Turns me into a big :gay: to see someone that really appreciates this stuff get so excited that someone gave a shit enough to give them something..
:notbad:

It's hard to believe there are poors living in CA if you listen to max. :derp:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Wait, what? In4deets.

I live vicariously thru the people of DFD, so I like seeing cool shit like this going on. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when it's all installed!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:32 pm

There are lots of people living below the poverty line in the Bay area. Without assistance they would be on the street with the homeless. Making $12/he with kids at home is mind blowing.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:32 pm :notbad:

There are lots of people living below the poverty line in the Bay area. Without assistance they would be on the street with the homeless. Making $12/he with kids at home is mind blowing.
I don't know how people have families on that kind of money in KY let alone in CA. :scrooge: to the infinite power plus :thanksobama: I guess...
max225

troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Tons of poors and tons of rich. :thanksobama:

Poors get to live in .gov subsidized housing get food stamps etc
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.