D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:03 pm
Not all mountains catch fire.
It sure seems like it lately.
I don't think this phenomenon exists east of the Mississippi much.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:40 pm

East of the Mississippi doesn't have real mountains.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:03 pm
Not all mountains catch fire.
I'm on a mountain in the spiritual sense, if Northern MI burns (which they did warn about earlier in the summer), the world is probably ending.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:40 pm

East of the Mississippi doesn't have real mountains.
:notwrong:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Flying into SLC. We'll bury her in Provo; dad bought plots for both of them in the cemetery there. I'll be in that general area all weekend.. have extended family in American Fork, Provo, Orem, etc.. some as far as Logan, but they'll be in Provo with us for the wedding.
I buried my father in his family burial plot in a small town in Iowa. It gave my sister and I some peace. I assume the "wedding" was misfire.
Yes and no. We’d already talked about doing a small one for her to be here for, but thought we’d get to do that in October/November timeframe. Talked to them about it after we actually got engaged and on the side my dad let me know if we wanted to do that still that it would likely need to be sooner than October. We had the license appointment scheduled for the 8th and decided we’d make the 18th work for the wedding.

Got a call from my dad on the 3rd of Sept. that mom was unresponsive and I needed to get up and see her if I could. Dropped everything to go home, Michelle followed me up after she was off work. When I saw the state mom was in, I knew I couldn’t ask her to stay until the 18th. Let her know that it was okay for her to go, but she kept saying she was going to hang on, and I knew her stubborn self would do just that. Talked to Michelle about just calling it off and tell mom we couldn’t do it on the 18th, then Michelle suggested we just do the ceremony, no matter how small, on the 8th after we got the license. So with 72 hours on the clock we planned it out and my sisters got to work putting it together for us. Turned out great, all things considered, and captured exactly what the essence of marriage and weddings should be: love and family. Mom passed four days later.
Last edited by SAWCE on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:33 pm

I buried my father in his family burial plot in a small town in Iowa. It gave my sister and I some peace. I assume the "wedding" was misfire.
Yes and no. We’d already talked about doing a small one for her to be here for, but thought we’d get to do that in October/November timeframe. Talked to them about it after we actually got engaged and on the side my dad let me know if we wanted to do that still that it would likely need to be sooner than October. We had the license appointment scheduled for the 8th and decided we’d make the 18th work for the wedding.

Got a call from my dad on the 3rd of Sept. that mom was unresponsive and I needed to get up and see her if I could. Dropped everything to go home, Michelle followed me up after she was off work. When I saw the state mom was in, I knew I couldn’t ask her to stay until the 18th. Let her know that it was okay for her to go, but she kept saying she was going to hang on, and I knew her stubborn self would do just that. Talked to Michelle about just calling it off and tell Kim we couldn’t do it on the 18th, then Michelle suggested we just do the ceremony, no matter how small, on the 8th after we got the license. So with 72 hours on the clock we planned it out and my sisters got to work putting it together for us. Turned out great, all things considered, and captured exactly what the essence of marriage and weddings should be: love and family. Mom passed four days later.
This is beyond sweet.

The passing of one amazing woman upon the entrance of another.

Both to live on forever as a integral part of you.

Joyous, sad and incredible all wrapped into one.

You're a good man Brandon, thanks for giving us a partial glimpse as to why....
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Ugh, the wife and I went to some meetup thing here tonight and 3 of the women were literally named Christie, Christine, and Christina. :dafuq: am I supposed to remember that? :notsure:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:56 am
wap wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:32 am

:word:
Really curious what your impressions will be for both countries. Hit me up for Portugal tips, when you're ready to go.
I've been to Spain on my own and absolutely loved it. I've been told by many to check out Portugal, and it's relatively cheap overall so it'll probably be our next destination.

I'm still :notsure: about int'l travel as tourists :doe: :notsure: how other countries would view Muricans or if we'd even be allowed to visit and travel around. Probably sometime next year or maybe the year after? :iono:
FWIW, we enjoyed Portugal much more than Spain. YMMV, of course.

Yeah, we're figuring on not being able to go to Europe for another year at least. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:21 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:00 am Whelp, Mom had her surgery this morning, and apparently came through like a (90 year old) champ. I talked to her a couple times and she sounded great, though a bit loopy thanks to the morphine, lol. She got out of surgery around 1:30 pm and didn't get a room until after 8:30 pm. She had to stay in Recovery that whole time. Could be worse, I suppose. Gonna visit her tomorrow.
Happy to hear this Wap!
Thanks Irish. Saw her today and she looked really good. She ate and they even had her walk a bit, with the help of a walker, of course. But it was good to see her sitting in a chair and even taking a few steps barely 24 hours after surgery. :mindblown:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:43 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:00 am Whelp, Mom had her surgery this morning, and apparently came through like a (90 year old) champ. I talked to her a couple times and she sounded great, though a bit loopy thanks to the morphine, lol. She got out of surgery around 1:30 pm and didn't get a room until after 8:30 pm. She had to stay in Recovery that whole time. Could be worse, I suppose. Gonna visit her tomorrow.
That is outstanding Ron. For whatever reason I have a bit of phobia about the fall/hip break.
Thanks, mang. It does seem almost inevitable the :wap: 'er you get. All she did was bend down to pick up something that fell on her kitchen floor and she lost her balance and down she went. :(
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:58 pm Glad to hear the surgery went well WAP.
Thanks :sawce: I was thinking about you this weekend as I was on pins and needles first waiting for mom's diagnosis, then waiting to hear how her surgery went, remembering that you were going through somewhat similar shit recently with your mom.:(
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:10 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
:dat:
Missed that, but I don't know for sure since I've never been and probably never will go. Depending on what's still there and accessible to plebs, I would be down to nerd out around the area for a long time. Probably further out than only the acropolis.

Pretty much read old books, but in the places where they were written (or where the events in them took place).

How cool would it be to read Euripides at the theater of Dionysus or Plato at his academy or Aristotle at the Lyceum? Ok, maybe it's just me.
It's not just you! I've been to the theater of Dionysus since they opened it to tourists for the first time a few years ago and it's :miondblown: to be on the exact site where theater was invented. Haven't been to the Academy or the Lyceum. From what I understand, there isn't much left of either place.

I've also been to the Acropolis several times and it is :amaze: and awe inspiring. But definitely not a month's worth of stuff to see up there! :lol: You could certainly spend a couple weeks to a month in Athens, :doe:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:50 pm Ugh, the wife and I went to some meetup thing here tonight and 3 of the women were literally named Christie, Christine, and Christina. :dafuq: am I supposed to remember that? :notsure:
Call them all C-Money and leave it at that.
SAWCE

Irish wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 pm

Got a call from my dad on the 3rd of Sept. that mom was unresponsive and I needed to get up and see her if I could. Dropped everything to go home, Michelle followed me up after she was off work. When I saw the state mom was in, I knew I couldn’t ask her to stay until the 18th. Let her know that it was okay for her to go, but she kept saying she was going to hang on, and I knew her stubborn self would do just that. Talked to Michelle about just calling it off and tell Kim we couldn’t do it on the 18th, then Michelle suggested we just do the ceremony, no matter how small, on the 8th after we got the license. So with 72 hours on the clock we planned it out and my sisters got to work putting it together for us. Turned out great, all things considered, and captured exactly what the essence of marriage and weddings should be: love and family. Mom passed four days later.
This is beyond sweet.

The passing of one amazing woman upon the entrance of another.

Both to live on forever as a integral part of you.

Joyous, sad and incredible all wrapped into one.

You're a good man Brandon, thanks for giving us a partial glimpse as to why....
Thanks Brian :wub: I really have to give credit to Michelle for the idea of doing the wedding the day we got the license. Credit, and gratitude for sacrificing any hopes of a normal wedding so that my mom could be there. I really saw some of the qualities that my mom possessed come out in Michelle.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:50 pm Ugh, the wife and I went to some meetup thing here tonight and 3 of the women were literally named Christie, Christine, and Christina. :dafuq: am I supposed to remember that? :notsure:
:lolol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
Just not C-word. :yikes: :doomed: :howdareyou:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Just not C-word. :yikes: :doomed: :howdareyou:
Fantastic word. Really is a shame it’s so hated.
Desertbreh

:zing: :jimp: :ohmy:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Wow.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:21 pm

Wow.
Bit of a rollercoaster the last few weeks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:31 pm
Fucking genius.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:34 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:31 pm

Fucking genius.
At least one of them will think it's hilarious and he'll be able to keep using it. Then only has to remember how to differentiate the other two.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:49 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:34 am

Fucking genius.
At least one of them will think it's hilarious and he'll be able to keep using it. Then only has to remember how to differentiate the other two.
:amaze:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hi
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:56 pmHi
:hai: :narc: