Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:42 am
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:23 am
:iono: the ones around me are usually pretty clean.
In homes, yes... in cars, no. I’ve never been in a :tits: car that didn’t need an oil change, have dirty paint and a dusty interior, and at least 632 empty water bottles inside.
:dat:

My :tits: has a tent and camping chairs in her car she used at work for something in July. I have thought about taking them out but not my gig really. She is generally very tidy thank god, but man... most people's cars are trashed, male or female, in my experience.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:09 am The contents of my car ...
1. Sunshade
2. Pen
3. Insurance plus registration
4. iPhone cable
5. Front license plate bracket in a hidden compartment
6. Sunglasses
That’s it ...
This.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:44 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:42 am

In homes, yes... in cars, no. I’ve never been in a :tits: car that didn’t need an oil change, have dirty paint and a dusty interior, and at least 632 empty water bottles inside.
:disgust: my guy friends are like that, just move the pile of trash so you can find the seat to sit down
Buddy of mine picked me up at the airport in his SUV, he popped the back hatch, and under the back cover was all of this ...............shit? I couldn't stop myself from saying "why does your rig look like a landfill?" It's no fucking way to live.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:00 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:44 am

:disgust: my guy friends are like that, just move the pile of trash so you can find the seat to sit down
Buddy of mine picked me up at the airport in his SUV, he popped the back hatch, and under the back cover was all of this ...............shit? I couldn't stop myself from saying "why does your rig look like a landfill?" It's no fucking way to live.
" I don't want to talk about it"
" can you not"
"I don't have time to do this"
"i'll take it in next week"
Desertbreh

Also, ask yourself a simple question. If you and a friend are deciding which car to take and you want to say, "let's take yours, mine is (fill in ridiculous excuse for you being a complete pig) right now, then you need to change who you are and how you manage your motor vehicle.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:00 pm

" I don't want to talk about it"
" can you not"
"I don't have time to do this"
"i'll take it in next week"
Actually he said "my wife asks me the same question all the time."
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:04 pm Also, ask yourself a simple question. If you and a friend are deciding which car to take and you want to say, "let's take yours, mine is (fill in ridiculous excuse for you being a complete pig) right now, then you need to change who you are and how you manage your motor vehicle.
I always just offer to drive to avoid riding in :disgust: vehicles. Our home is also pretty much spotless always. I find this particularly :amaze: when people insist on owning nice vehicles/homes and yet take zero care of their shit.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:04 pm Also, ask yourself a simple question. If you and a friend are deciding which car to take and you want to say, "let's take yours, mine is (fill in ridiculous excuse for you being a complete pig) right now, then you need to change who you are and how you manage your motor vehicle.
Well for 1 or more person mine is factually too small, and for snow scenarios it lacks 2 drive wheels. But other than that agreed.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I keep very little in the car. I always keep them tidy, but sometimes I wait too long to vacuum.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:26 pm
My wife doesn't, despite me always asking her to. Her side is always a disaster. I remember once an early snow storm hit, and I didn't have the rubber mats in the Volt. I get in the car the day after she drove it, and it wreaked of mildew smell. Felt the mat and it was completely soaked. Searched for leaks, nothing. Put the rubber mat in, then the next time she drove I saw the massive puddle.

:rolleyes:
:wtf: usually the female creatures are cleaner than the male...
From my experience:

1. Cars:
Men: CLEAN/ORGANIZED
Women: half of the apartment, missing jewelry, shoes, MacDoe bag, etc.

2. House/room/etc.
Men: unsure if clean or dirty underwear
Women: clean/organized AF
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:35 pm

:wtf: usually the female creatures are cleaner than the male...
From my experience:

1. Cars:

2. House/room/etc.
Accurate.

Though, the dirtiest/sloppiest/messiest car I've ever seen was our gay friend. His apartment is also a pigsty.

He's both :mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 pm

From my experience:

1. Cars:

2. House/room/etc.
Accurate.

Though, the dirtiest/sloppiest/messiest car I've ever seen was our gay friend. His apartment is also a pigsty.

He's both :mindblown:
It’s 2019, he’s allowed to be both, bigot! :pout:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Man, I suck at garage updates...

They built the walls in ONE DAY on Monday...

Then the trusses were delivered Tuesday...

Then I had a garage Wednesday...

It's massive...I knew it was going to be big, but I didn't realize how much so until it was framed. Holy hell.

Windows supposedly go in today and they're roofing it tomorrow. :excited:

And to you fuckers... "you sold your fun car, what's the point of a garage" :sass: :pout:
I want to be able to park both vehicles in the garage. Vehicles stay nicer longer when they're stored indoors. I'll install one 4-post lift to store the glamper on to start, then eventually when I decide to buy another fun car, I can do a second lift for that. Plus, I have extra workshop space to tinker with things, store things, etc. I wanted the garage to be expandable, and it delivers.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Ceiling height is high enough to have car/glamper over the yeeps? :impressive:

Can't wait for yeeps in garage pics
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 am Ceiling height is high enough to have car/glamper over the yeeps? :impressive:

Can't wait for yeeps in garage pics
Ceiling height is 12 feet with the intention of installing one or two lifts at some point to store up to 4 vehicles.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

This is :amaze:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:30 am Man, I suck at garage updates...

It's massive...I knew it was going to be big, but I didn't realize how much so until it was framed. Holy hell.

And to you fuckers... "you sold your fun car, what's the point of a garage" :sass: :pout:
I want to be able to park both vehicles in the garage. Vehicles stay nicer longer when they're stored indoors. I'll install one 4-post lift to store the glamper on to start, then eventually when I decide to buy another fun car, I can do a second lift for that. Plus, I have extra workshop space to tinker with things, store things, etc. I wanted the garage to be expandable, and it delivers.
:fuckyeah: that's an epic project :jelly:
Desertbreh

This is extremely badass.
Desertbreh

One of my clients has a three car garage..........He has lifts in two bays. Wife parks in the third. Guy has a 63 Vette over a 911 on one side, 70 Chevelle SS454 over a ZL1 Camaro on the other. SO MUCH FLEXING.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:18 pm

One of my clients has a three car garage..........He has lifts in two bays. Wife parks in the third. Guy has a 63 Vette over a 911 on one side, 70 Chevelle SS454 over a ZL1 Camaro on the other. SO MUCH FLEXING.
:jelly:
I'm building this with that thought in mind. I'll have another fun car eventually, so now I'll have the flexibility to accommodate.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:18 pm

:jelly:
I'm building this with that thought in mind. I'll have another fun car eventually, so now I'll have the flexibility to accommodate.
I'm not mad :bruh: the garage is badass. And you had the C5 for five years, I'd say you did your time, had your fun, :plac: came on, and it will come again. :stig: won't be gone forever.

Our realtor (and car guy friend - the one who bought the bloo C3) wants me to consider buying a house sans garage and building... but I just can't ever see getting :tits: approval to :troywax: on such a thing. You've done well.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:56 pm I'm not mad :bruh: the garage is badass. And you had the C5 for five years, I'd say you did your time, had your fun, :plac: came on, and it will come again. :stig: won't be gone forever.

Our realtor (and car guy friend - the one who bought the bloo C3) wants me to consider buying a house sans garage and building... but I just can't ever see getting :tits: approval to :troywax: on such a thing. You've done well.
The real challenge is finding a house with enough setback from the property lines that you can build a modern garage.

And then adhering to code for said garage.

Not easy in a high density area.
The $50k+ cost with zero resale value is a slight issue. :troywax:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:13 pm
[user not found] wrote:
The real challenge is finding a house with enough setback from the property lines that you can build a modern garage.

And then adhering to code for said garage.

Not easy in a high density area.
The $50k+ cost with zero resale value is a slight issue. :troywax:
:dat:

I do think it may add a bit, houses with garages seem more expensive anecdotally. Trouble is no houses were built with garages here until the 1980s, and most of those are far away.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:impressive: garage mahal