Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:01 pm I'd say in the summer it's highly likely that I put more miles on my bikes (combined) than my car most weeks.
:nice:

I should get a bike

I think I’m gonna kick the road bike out though. Replace with something more comfortable. It’s been a good bike but I want a smoother ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:45 pm
I was not a fan, and I drove 4 of em.
Just the sound or do they have like power/throttle lag annoyances? The lag annoyed the shit out of me with my MK6.
Sound, lack of low/mid range compared to the 6s, less smooth. It is in no way better than the 6
Johnny_P

God damn do I love that steel boat anchor cross bike though. 30 lbs of get stupid.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Just the sound or do they have like power/throttle lag annoyances? The lag annoyed the shit out of me with my MK6.
Sound, lack of low/mid range compared to the 6s, less smooth. It is in no way better than the 6
Oh I agree totally with this. The 6 has more cylinders to lean on when it's not making boost so it should feel less "boosty" than a typical turbo 4. And the I4 does sound dopey compared to the I6. The 235 felt quick to me. The trans seemed clueless but I didn't have it in bro mode just regular comfort mode or whatever it is.

Should have gone full bro in that car. :disappoint: I'd probably be in a black RWD automatic M235i if I had.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Oh I agree totally with this. The 6 has more cylinders to lean on when it's not making boost so it should feel less "boosty" than a typical turbo 4. And the I4 does sound dopey compared to the I6. The 235 felt quick to me. The trans seemed clueless but I didn't have it in bro mode just regular comfort mode or whatever it is.

Should have gone full bro in that car. :disappoint: I'd probably be in a black RWD automatic M235i if I had.
It takes some getting used to. Meh i can’t say one car is way better than the other. Pump and dump the sti that’s what they are made for. You lose 4 euro vacations for two doing that to a 235m
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm

It takes some getting used to. Meh i can’t say one car is way better than the other. Pump and dump the sti that’s what they are made for. You lose 4 euro vacations for two doing that to a 235m
Yeah true. And I don't think I'd be any more NFG about owning a 235 than I am owning my STI. I'd find something else about it that would prevent me from just jumping in and NFG derping around.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:18 pm
razr390 wrote:
:nice:

I should get a bike

I think I’m gonna kick the road bike out though. Replace with something more comfortable. It’s been a good bike but I want a smoother ride.

Sail to me? DFD discount?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Sail to me? DFD discount?
You're too small, small.
Johnny_P

If anyone actually wants my Cervelo PM me, we can work out a price. It's in decent shape, Sram Rival 10 speed components, could use new front wheel bearings and has a scratch on the top tube.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I want the mtn bike
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:46 pm I want the mtn bike
Hah. Legit no idea what that thing is worth. Probably not much. I should get a new MTB :doe:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:57 pm
Hah. Legit no idea what that thing is worth. Probably not much. I should get a new MTB :doe:
You won't :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I think i might get something like that next spring or if there's a crazy deal before winter or used. Maybe simpler then that, like with a fixed front fork.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:28 pm

You won't :doe:
:dat: :doe:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Mk7 :turboyaris: performance numbers.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 pm
Mk7 :turboyaris: performance numbers.
Yea... except balanced chassis and not wrong wheel drive. :lol:
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:45 pm
I was not a fan, and I drove 4 of em.
I drove an X3Oi (whatever the new 4 banger is) in Omaha and it ran strong with transmission set to sport.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:43 pm If anyone actually wants my Cervelo PM me, we can work out a price. It's in decent shape, Sram Rival 10 speed components, could use new front wheel bearings and has a scratch on the top tube.
Is the Cervelo the road bike you want to dump? Am I too tall for it? I always assume you're a tall guy too, but pics can be decieving.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:43 pm If anyone actually wants my Cervelo PM me, we can work out a price. It's in decent shape, Sram Rival 10 speed components, could use new front wheel bearings and has a scratch on the top tube.
Is the Cervelo the road bike you want to dump? Am I too tall for it? I always assume you're a tall guy too, but pics can be decieving.
Yes
How tall are you? Inseam? I’m 6’2”
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Yes
How tall are you? Inseam? I’m 6’2”
Same, 6’2”. 34-36” inseam depending on the brand. 36” inseam in most Levis.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 pm God damn do I love that steel boat anchor cross bike though. 30 lbs of get stupid.
Deets. I want something like this to ride on our garbage roads.

I put smooth tires on my Giant Trance ( 8 year old 26er), but I really don't care for full suspension or the riding position on the street.

My dad offered to give me his Scattante (Performance bike house brand) cross bike with aluminum frame and CF fork, but I'm tempted to go full steel like this for 100% ZFG.

A friend also rides a fat tire bike on the road with the least aggressive tires he could find and loves it. :notsure:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:09 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 pm God damn do I love that steel boat anchor cross bike though. 30 lbs of get stupid.

I put smooth tires on my Giant Trance ( 8 year old 26er), but I really don't care for full suspension or the riding position on the street.

My dad offered to give me his Scattante (Performance bike house brand) cross bike with aluminum frame and CF fork, but I'm tempted to go full steel like this for 100% ZFG.

A friend also rides a fat tire bike on the road with the least aggressive tires he could find and loves it. :notsure:
All City Macho Man Disc
https://allcitycycles.com/bikes/archive/macho_man_disc

The stock build kind of sucks on it, but it's usable as is. I think the new model has some nicer parts like tubeless ready wheels and better gear ratios :whocares:

Things I changed are: New tubeless wheels (not on yet), changed cassette to 11-36 wide ratio and had to change the derailleur because the stock one was a short cage instead of mid cage. (Shitty spec complaints). Also threw on 40mm tires. The rest is pretty much as it came from the factory, and I'm probably done upgrading it. I'll eventually change it out for something lighter.

Steel rides great. Steel fork tracks great. Steel means you ain't gonna damage shit even if you're going full retard speed down a rocky descent. 40mm tires are :mindblown: they soak up everything. Apparently you can wedge 42's into this frame as the max. Discs are strong. Cyclocross geometry is better than gravel geometry IMO, the head tube is at a taller angle, so this thing is really maneuverable through trails. 1:1 low gear I can climb anything on it. Tire tread is awesome with a nice center ridge, I can keep up with B/C road rides on this without changing tires.

It's good on hardpack singletrack trails. It can't really do drop offs, that's the limitation of it. But I love linking road, path, gravel, and MTB trails all together in a mixed terrain ride with this thing. It weighs a lot and I'll eventually get rid of it for a lighter bike, but I don't mind much as this was cheap and I didn't really know what I wanted out of a cross bike so didn't want to blow a wad of cash on something I knew nothing about.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am

All City Macho Man Disc

The stock build kind of sucks on it, but it's usable as is. I think the new model has some nicer parts like tubeless ready wheels and better gear ratios :whocares:

Things I changed are: New tubeless wheels (not on yet), changed cassette to 11-36 wide ratio and had to change the derailleur because the stock one was a short cage instead of mid cage. (Shitty spec complaints). Also threw on 40mm tires. The rest is pretty much as it came from the factory, and I'm probably done upgrading it. I'll eventually change it out for something lighter.

Steel rides great. Steel fork tracks great. Steel means you ain't gonna damage shit even if you're going full retard speed down a rocky descent. 40mm tires are :mindblown: they soak up everything. Apparently you can wedge 42's into this frame as the max. Discs are strong. Cyclocross geometry is better than gravel geometry IMO, the head tube is at a taller angle, so this thing is really maneuverable through trails. 1:1 low gear I can climb anything on it. Tire tread is awesome with a nice center ridge, I can keep up with B/C road rides on this without changing tires.

It's good on hardpack singletrack trails. It can't really do drop offs, that's the limitation of it. But I love linking road, path, gravel, and MTB trails all together in a mixed terrain ride with this thing. It weighs a lot and I'll eventually get rid of it for a lighter bike, but I don't mind much as this was cheap and I didn't really know what I wanted out of a cross bike so didn't want to blow a wad of cash on something I knew nothing about.
42mm tires? :megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

All City Macho Man Disc

Let me know when Randy Savage goes up for sale.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:49 am

All City Macho Man Disc

42mm tires? :megusta:
Last night I rode about 30 miles, with half of that in the dirt on mountain bike trails. With the 40mm tires I was able to air down to 30 PSI (with tubes!) on what is basically a road bike. It was about as smooth as a no-suspension bike will get. Tubeless I'll be able to ride at about 25 PSI.

My road bike I ride at 80-85 PSI on 23's. Not even in the same world.