OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:49 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:45 am
We're flying to NYC tomorrow evening, first time ever for me. Then starting work Tuesday, so we'll have 4 days to explore the city. I was off for a month and a week and it felt like just a week. Pretty mixed feelings right now. I'm mostly looking forward to my new gig, though wish I still had more time off. I'm only half looking forward to going to NYC, but wife is beyond :fuckyeah: so I'm hoping for some of that enthusiasm to trickle down.
Nice man! NYC is cool as discussed earlier, y'all will enjoy. Where are you staying?

It may be a bit weird with the 'VID, hopefully that doesn't dampen it too much.
Company is paying for a hotel by the office in Manhattan, seems to be near everything which is :notbad: IMO.

Bossbro lives in Brooklyn and claims things are pretty normal still. He mentioned that coming over labor day weekend may work to our advantage because people generally leave the city for the weekend. We'll see. I hope we don't get there to find everything shut down, but if so :aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

We had a nice cloudy/cool day yesterday. Looks like today is shaping up to be the same :fuckyeah:
SAWCE

One of my sisters came out to our family last year.. just publicly came out with her girlfriend last night. Happy for her.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:07 am One of my sisters came out to our family last year.. just publicly came out with her girlfriend last night. Happy for her.
That's awesome!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:07 am One of my sisters came out to our family last year.. just publicly came out with her girlfriend last night. Happy for her.
:notbad:
Just curious. How is news like that generally taken in the LDS community? No need to answer if you don't want to; just curious as I said.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:How's everyone's week going? Any big weekend plans we're looking forward to? Anything new to discuss?

This place is kind of dying, hoping to get some random :bs: chat going but would rather keep war, COVID, and other such depressing shit out of here.
Not much new here, still pretty much practicing/rehearsing constantly with a couple of shows a week. Trying to sing and play at the same time is kicking my ass, I've no clue how seemingly every :jackass: who picks up a guitar can do it.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:22 am
Just curious. How is news like that generally taken in the LDS community? No need to answer if you don't want to; just curious as I said.
Pretty mixed, unfortunately. The Church is a lot more open than it used to be, but some people are just set in their ways and fully against it. Sad to see.
It was generally well received by my family luckily, although one or two of my other sisters were less accepting than I’d hoped they would be. Fuck em though. I’ve made sure to make my stance clear and make sure she knows she’s loved and supported.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:We tried out True Green for the year and they just aerated and seeded our lawn a few weeks ago and have come by a couple of other times to fertilize and shit. I have to say, some new grass is filling in in some areas. I'm hoping the rain we're getting today and last night help as well.

:excited:

It did rain on my bike ride with my buddy last night :doe: Imageol: so we called it quits a bit early and went to Taco Bell. They have a covered outdoor patio for eating which is :nice: during the 'VID. It looks like post rain we're getting a cold front as well. It's been wicked hot, so I'm stoked on some lows around 60F, may take the :doge: for a hike tomorrow or Friday morning. It's really been too hot for him to do too much lately, he is a long haired boi.
Trugreen stuff does work but it takes 2-3 years to really make things "perfect" for that full murican dream.

We have zero grass on our lot and I'm happy about it... but the landscaping in theory is going to take even more time/money to maintain than a simple lawn. Since we moved in I've done exactly nothing outside :doe: because fuck yard work. :thisisfine:

One of these days I'll get a 5 gallon bucket of weed killer and a sprayer I guess.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:46 am
D Griff wrote:We tried out True Green for the year and they just aerated and seeded our lawn a few weeks ago and have come by a couple of other times to fertilize and shit. I have to say, some new grass is filling in in some areas. I'm hoping the rain we're getting today and last night help as well.

It did rain on my bike ride with my buddy last night :doe: Imageol: so we called it quits a bit early and went to Taco Bell. They have a covered outdoor patio for eating which is :nice: during the 'VID. It looks like post rain we're getting a cold front as well. It's been wicked hot, so I'm stoked on some lows around 60F, may take the :doge: for a hike tomorrow or Friday morning. It's really been too hot for him to do too much lately, he is a long haired boi.
Trugreen stuff does work but it takes 2-3 years to really make things "perfect" for that full murican dream.

We have zero grass on our lot and I'm happy about it... but the landscaping in theory is going to take even more time/money to maintain than a simple lawn. Since we moved in I've done exactly nothing outside :doe: because fuck yard work. :thisisfine:

One of these days I'll get a 5 gallon bucket of weed killer and a sprayer I guess.
Man, fuck that dream :lolol:

I wish my wife could be :aintcare: about it. I feel like the perfect lawn :bs: is just that, some real :bs:

It's like, lets destroy the planet by spreading all of these chemicals all over every city just to create a fake world that requires hours per week and/or hundreds or thousands of dollars per year indefinitely.

Sadly, :tits: wasn't down with the 'native weeds' approach. IMO, the clover and other shit that just grows here is green, so what is the problem? Mow it every week or two and it looks :thisisfine:

But may :pinshit: ever prevail.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am

Pretty mixed, unfortunately. The Church is a lot more open than it used to be, but some people are just set in their ways and fully against it. Sad to see.
It was generally well received by my family luckily, although one or two of my other sisters were less accepting than I’d hoped they would be. Fuck em though. I’ve made sure to make my stance clear and make sure she knows she’s loved and supported.
Glad at least most of the family is supportive for her. Since we acquired Control4 in UT a couple of years ago, I've worked with a ton of LDS peeps, and I have to admit, the community is a lot more open than I expected. Many are sort of prude in funny ways like not cursing and such, but overall very nice people who don't seem to judge others who follow other ways of life.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:00 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:49 am

Nice man! NYC is cool as discussed earlier, y'all will enjoy. Where are you staying?

It may be a bit weird with the 'VID, hopefully that doesn't dampen it too much.
Company is paying for a hotel by the office in Manhattan, seems to be near everything which is :notbad: IMO.

Bossbro lives in Brooklyn and claims things are pretty normal still. He mentioned that coming over labor day weekend may work to our advantage because people generally leave the city for the weekend. We'll see. I hope we don't get there to find everything shut down, but if so :aintcare:
:nice:

My old job/office was on 46th street, basically right in Times Square. It was :neat: for a couple of trips to stay there, then you hit the 'fuck Times Square' wall and realize that places like Lower Manhattan are a lot more enjoyable.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:41 am How's everyone's week going? Any big weekend plans we're looking forward to? Anything new to discuss?

This place is kind of dying, hoping to get some random :bs: chat going but would rather keep war, COVID, and other such depressing shit out of here.
Yeah dude, I'm fed up with COVID and vaccine talk, that's the last from me. Don't care to talk about it, don't care to hear about it. We're a fucking parasite to the planet anyways, :whocares:

Hope everyone's week is good, I just bought rotors for the R. I think the car just signaled that my pads are low, and the rotors are such rusty/ugly crap that I'm happy to do all four corners as kind of a mid-life refresh anyways. 145k kms, whatever I put on the front will last the duration of my ownership.

R1 Concepts from Cali look like a dece product, and they don't have a tendency to rust. I bought the cheapest blanks, even though i was tempted by the look of the slotted ones, really wouldn't do anything for me aside from scraping my pads down quicker anyways. They had a 25% off sale, so I grabbed this order:

Going to pair them with ECB semi-ceramic Reds and do the work myself. :excited: for shiny new parts, it always makes me feel like I'm driving a new thing again!
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:07 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:46 am Trugreen stuff does work but it takes 2-3 years to really make things "perfect" for that full murican dream.

I wish my wife could be :aintcare: about it. I feel like the perfect lawn :bs: is just that, some real :bs:

It's like, lets destroy the planet by spreading all of these chemicals all over every city just to create a fake world that requires hours per week and/or hundreds or thousands of dollars per year indefinitely.

Sadly, :tits: wasn't down with the 'native weeds' approach. IMO, the clover and other shit that just grows here is green, so what is the problem? Mow it every week or two and it looks :thisisfine:

I got really lucky and my :tits: likes the way clover looks. We've actually planted it at every house we've had, and it's awesome. People even comment on how unique and green our lawns look. Clover is a wonder for lawns...it self-fertilizes, is drought tolerant, crowds out other weeds, and is always green. The only reason it was labeled a "weed" is because of companies like True Green or whatever back in the day spreading the Murican dream of lush green flawless lawns. Sad thing is, those lawns really do hurt the environment. Between chemical spreading, the need for increased watering that's literally just lighting money on fire as it evaporates, and increased emissions for lawn maintenance equip, it's really not great.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:46 am

Our last house in the city was fully landscaped and it blew HARD. I've tried to keep that in check at the new place because I hate being a slave to landscaping. You can really make it miserable on yourself if you want. 0/7 would recommend.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:00 am

My old job/office was on 46th street, basically right in Times Square. It was :neat: for a couple of trips to stay there, then you hit the 'fuck Times Square' wall and realize that places like Lower Manhattan are a lot more enjoyable.
I have no clue where anything is, so it might blow ass, but the office is at 33rd and 10th. We're staying at a Courtyard Marriott right next to it. On maps, it seems decently located to things, but we'll see.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm

I have no clue where anything is, so it might blow ass, but the office is at 33rd and 10th. We're staying at a Courtyard Marriott right next to it. On maps, it seems decently located to things, but we'll see.
Manhattan is honestly not large at all, so everywhere is pretty accessible, and the subway is really easy to use.

You may find you like certain areas as you visit a few times :doe:

I really enjoy renting City Bikes or whatever there, and riding around the city, there's a ton you can see.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:41 am How's everyone's week going? Any big weekend plans we're looking forward to? Anything new to discuss?

Yeah dude, I'm fed up with COVID and vaccine talk, that's the last from me. Don't care to talk about it, don't care to hear about it. We're a fucking parasite to the planet anyways, :whocares:

Hope everyone's week is good, I just bought rotors for the R. I think the car just signaled that my pads are low, and the rotors are such rusty/ugly crap that I'm happy to do all four corners as kind of a mid-life refresh anyways. 145k kms, whatever I put on the front will last the duration of my ownership.

R1 Concepts from Cali look like a dece product, and they don't have a tendency to rust. I bought the cheapest blanks, even though i was tempted by the look of the slotted ones, really wouldn't do anything for me aside from scraping my pads down quicker anyways. They had a 25% off sale, so I grabbed this order:

Going to pair them with ECB semi-ceramic Reds and do the work myself. :excited: for shiny new parts, it always makes me feel like I'm driving a new thing again!
Hell yeah! I know some of the anti-modding federation lurks around here, but whether maintenance or mods, throwing on some new parts really sparks additional love for a car and prevents :plac: flare ups, IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:07 pm

I got really lucky and my :tits: likes the way clover looks. We've actually planted it at every house we've had, and it's awesome. People even comment on how unique and green our lawns look. Clover is a wonder for lawns...it self-fertilizes, is drought tolerant, crowds out other weeds, and is always green. The only reason it was labeled a "weed" is because of companies like True Green or whatever back in the day spreading the Murican dream of lush green flawless lawns. Sad thing is, those lawns really do hurt the environment. Between chemical spreading, the need for increased watering that's literally just lighting money on fire as it evaporates, and increased emissions for lawn maintenance equip, it's really not great.
I should try to find some articles on this and share with :tits:
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:46 am Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is one happy dog.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:30 pm
I should try to find some articles on this and share with :tits:
There's a bunch out there, but this actually from Scotts (who both sells clover seeds and clover killer :lolol: )

https://www.scotts.com/en-us/library/la ... lover-lawn
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:39 pm
Manhattan is honestly not large at all, so everywhere is pretty accessible, and the subway is really easy to use.

You may find you like certain areas as you visit a few times :doe:

I really enjoy renting City Bikes or whatever there, and riding around the city, there's a ton you can see.
Yea, I expect to just subway everywhere this first time. Since I'll be going every quarter, I'll probably play around with bikes at some point.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:45 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:29 pm

Hell yeah! I know some of the anti-modding federation lurks around here, but whether maintenance or mods, throwing on some new parts really sparks additional love for a car and prevents :plac: flare ups, IMO.
Maintenance always feels good, especially if there's an opportunity to upgrade parts like this.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:45 pm

Maintenance always feels good, especially if there's an opportunity to upgrade parts like this.
For sure, this stuff is at the same price point of OEM equip, and I will have less rusting and less dusting. Stretching my wallet for some :fancy: cross drilled shit + racekar hard pads is where it becomes :notsure: , it's not like my kid hauler will ever be on a track. Quiet quality parts that behave like OEM are perfect for my cucking needs, why spend more?
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 pm
For sure, this stuff is at the same price point of OEM equip, and I will have less rusting and less dusting. Stretching my wallet for some :fancy: cross drilled shit + racekar hard pads is where it becomes :notsure: , it's not like my kid hauler will ever be on a track. Quiet quality parts that behave like OEM are perfect for my cucking needs, why spend more?
Racekar stuff sucks on the street too, a solid street upgrade is really your best course IMO. And when it comes to brakes, OEMs are usually producing to a price point, so going aftermarket is a legit upgrade. Hopefully you really do see less rusting and dusting.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am

:fuckyeah: on the bolded. :| on the rest.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.