Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Fuck you can use your car 8 monthsa year? My car was parked for almost 7mo :(
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:19 pm Fuck you can use your car 8 monthsa year? My car was parked for almost 7mo :(
I'll park it in late November and usually get it out at the beginning/middle of April. so 4-5 months depending on the weather.

Also depends on how antsy I am.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wow ... :(
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:09 pmWow ... :(
It honestly makes it stay around longer, it's like :plac: experience every spring. Makes me excited about the car again.

It's critical to have a year-round vehicle you like too. I loved the ZR2 year-round, I'm confident that I'll really like the Gladiator too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:36 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:13 pm
Ah gotchya... its sort of a boring car :doe: :butwhy: not mini?
I work for a Mazda/VW store, so an Alltrack is a fairly inexpensive buy.

But agreed. Very boring stock. I don't think I could let it be. Dangerous game.

$650

If you don't :neek: with the suspension it should ride better than the Jeep.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:11 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:36 pm

I work for a Mazda/VW store, so an Alltrack is a fairly inexpensive buy.

But agreed. Very boring stock. I don't think I could let it be. Dangerous game.

$650

Look at all that unlocked potential. Moran OEM engineers.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:54 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:19 pm Fuck you can use your car 8 monthsa year? My car was parked for almost 7mo :(
I'll park it in late November and usually get it out at the beginning/middle of April. so 4-5 months depending on the weather.

My car is no fun from November to April because winter tires. They're awful.
Not all that much fun right now either due to road construction everywhere.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:54 pm

I am so fortunate to be commuting through the richest communities in MI. There's construction everywhere, but even spur of the moment alternate routes aren't bad.

Bad road ruin the experience with a car, without a doubt. It starts to make little sense keeping it around.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:14 pm

I am so fortunate to be commuting through the richest communities in MI. There's construction everywhere, but even spur of the moment alternate routes aren't bad.

Bad road ruin the experience with a car, without a doubt. It starts to make little sense keeping it around.
To even get to the poor condition highway I have to cross 5 milled roads. That have been milled for 2 months.
Yesterday I took Lisa to work. I braced for impact over a frost heave mound in the middle of a lane that was 6" tall. I have no idea how I managed to avoid slamming my engine block into it. Immediately after that was an open trench for utility work that was about 3" deep with square edges that I straddled. And after that a few sunken manholes that caused me to drive in between two lanes. It's ridiculous. I fucking hate driving around here.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:13 pm

$650

I'd tune it. The 1.8T is a little underwhelming. Not sure what can be done about the exhaust though. Maybe ignore that and throw an intake on it for fun noises.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:13 pm

$650

If unitronic made an engine they’d make 1200 wheel out of 2 liters. Anything less is a fucking joke, nothing but compromises
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:13 pm Look at all that unlocked potential. Moran OEM engineers.
If unitronic made an engine they’d make 1200 wheel out of 2 liters. Anything less is a fucking joke, nothing but compromises
I don't see why they don't. 1200 wheel would just be stage 0. Add the stage 1 t00n for 1500, then a downpipe and t00n, and you're up to 1800 no problem.

OEM engineers are completely worthless.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:04 pm
I don't see why they don't. 1200 wheel would just be stage 0. Add the stage 1 t00n for 1500, then a downpipe and t00n, and you're up to 1800 no problem.

literally a fucking 35% bump in power and torque... I mean i guess it depends on end goal.... If you're just trying to go :fullretard: and pop as much power through that weeny motor then sure. But if you're looking for reliable long term motoring... :hubba:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 pm

literally a fucking 35% bump in power and torque... I mean i guess it depends on end goal.... If you're just trying to go :fullretard: and pop as much power through that weeny motor then sure. But if you're looking for reliable long term motoring... :hubba:
My MKV was APR tuned and my MKVI was Unitronic IIRC. The MKVI had clutch issues with the tune, and that's when I started to realize that tuning like this way outside OEM parameters just doesn't make a ton of sense unless you're will to go :fullretard: with supporting mods or willing to accept less reliability. At this stage in my life, I'll chose the former if anything at all. Though after the :poorvette: , I doubt I'll modify anything else significantly again. Bigger tires on a :jeep: is probably it.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:20 pm

My MKV was APR tuned and my MKVI was Unitronic IIRC. The MKVI had clutch issues with the tune, and that's when I started to realize that tuning like this way outside OEM parameters just doesn't make a ton of sense unless you're will to go :fullretard: with supporting mods or willing to accept less reliability. At this stage in my life, I'll chose the former if anything at all. Though after the :poorvette: , I doubt I'll modify anything else significantly again. Bigger tires on a :jeep: is probably it.
Except... :jeep: decided to actually go :fullretard: and design things around mods. JLUR and JTR can handle (35"s, which I am sure you know) stock... DESIGNED that way... unlike a pimple faced unitronic bro with 6 months experience playing fortnite upping fuel maps, removing fuel safety parameters etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Except... :jeep: decided to actually go :fullretard: and design things around mods. JLUR and JTR can handle it stock... DESIGNED that way... unlike a pimple faced unitronic bro with 6 months experience playing fortnite upping fuel maps, removing fuel safety parameters etc.
Yep, exactly. I really love that about Jeep. I tried to add "enablers" for mods to the Colorado when I was at GM, and they thought I was insane. Everything on that truck is designed at max parameters for the OE equipment. Anything beefier or whatever adds mass and was thus :nope: These dudes running around in bro'd out Colorados are just asking for :nuke: It'll probably end up being an issue eventually.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I didn't have any issues with my Unitronic t00n and it was a lot of fun :iono: My clutch held up without issue.

I'm on the fence with BootMod3 for the :225: machine right now.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:30 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Except... :jeep: decided to actually go :fullretard: and design things around mods. JLUR and JTR can handle it stock... DESIGNED that way... unlike a pimple faced unitronic bro with 6 months experience playing fortnite upping fuel maps, removing fuel safety parameters etc.
Yep, exactly. I really love that about Jeep. I tried to add "enablers" for mods to the Colorado when I was at GM, and they thought I was insane. Everything on that truck is designed at max parameters for the OE equipment. Anything beefier or whatever adds mass and was thus :nope: These dudes running around in bro'd out Colorados are just asking for :nuke: It'll probably end up being an issue eventually.
:sad: 😭
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:30 pm
33s Max, bro. It'll be fine anything that or under.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:10 pm

33s Max, bro. It'll be fine anything that or under.
Dats all I want. :lol:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:44 pm

See, told you. Don't go HAM, bro.
:notwrong:

The thought of grabbing a TJ Rubicon to go :fullretard: has its appeal too...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:46 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:44 pm

See, told you. Don't go HAM, bro.
:notwrong:

The thought of grabbing a TJ Rubicon to go :fullretard: has its appeal too...
That would be :neat:

:waxer: :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

TJs are great as 100% toy status. But yea, that's a pricey toy. :notsure: on that move.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:31 pm TJs are great as 100% toy status. But yea, that's a pricey toy. :notsure: on that move.
Yeah... I need to get my level on and then see about some 32s...

Nearly 20mpg on my new commute now. :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:31 pm TJs are great as 100% toy status. But yea, that's a pricey toy. :notsure: on that move.
Yeah... I need to get my level on and then see about some 32s...

Nearly 20mpg on my new commute now. :notbad:
:notbad: indeed.

Level and 32's will impact that quite a bit :doe: