The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 pm Looks like the Lobster is indeed available now, but there are only a handful of R-specs in the country and they are nowhere near NC or KY for a :dillerman: test drive.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchres ... 0&zc=28105
I think I will drop my local :dillerman: a line and say I'd like to be notified when I can test drive one. I'm sure I will soon come to regret this decision.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It looks like they'll give me a $40 Visa card for coming in to drive the car.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:It looks like they'll give me a $40 Visa card for coming in to drive the car.
But don't they need to have the car? I should look into that. I could use a google voice number and then block them later...
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:56 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Agreed that the halogens in my :turboyaris: are 5/7 :notbad:
They may not be as pure white as good LED's but they sure seem to project a pretty strong beam pretty far.
You can never sell this to millenials. Out of date iphones and cars without HIDs are like being teleported to the Bronze Age. Every time you and I get in our halogen headlamp cars and drive at night WE ARE CHEATING DEATH EVERY TIME WE ARRIVE HOME SAFELY. WE DANCE WITH A CATLIKE LUCIFER WAITING TO STEAL OUR LIVES EVERY SECOND BRO. Think about driving in the 60s... Every time you got in a car at night, it was Evel Kneivel buckling up to jump the Snake River Canyon.
Evel Kneivel wasn't a pussy, he didn't buckle up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:30 pm
D Griff wrote:It looks like they'll give me a $40 Visa card for coming in to drive the car.
But don't they need to have the car? I should look into that. I could use a google voice number and then block them later...
Yeah, they're going to look into trading one from another :dillerman: for me supposedly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

One cool thing about the Fiesta though, it has no active safety features, pretty :fuckyeah:
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:One cool thing about the Fiesta though, it has no active safety features, pretty :fuckyeah:
Yeah, I worry that the various nannies and other electronic shit will make these cars suck in reality despite being decent on paper. The pointless rev hang on my :turboyaris: was so annoying that I ended up ditching the car after only 25k miles. That's why I need to test drive everything for myself.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:10 pm

That's the thing. New LED lights are all the rage and produce white bro-light and look cool but you're fuuuuuuuucked if you burn a bulb out. Basically requires full headlight housing replacement in most cars.

IDK, maybe this is me getting :wap: but I've now been in plenty of halogen cars that I deemed lighting was decent enough to not actually care if I were to own it.
Agreed that the halogens in my :turboyaris: are 5/7 :notbad:
They may not be as pure white as good LED's but they sure seem to project a pretty strong beam pretty far.
I mean my high beams are halogens :whocares:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:30 pm
I’m doing that next time along with a burner email addy.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:43 pm
D Griff wrote:One cool thing about the Fiesta though, it has no active safety features, pretty :fuckyeah:
Yeah, I worry that the various nannies and other electronic shit will make these cars suck in reality despite being decent on paper. The pointless rev hang on my :turboyaris: was so annoying that I ended up ditching the car after only 25k miles. That's why I need to test drive everything for myself.
Yas it was annoying. Majorly so.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:41 pm One cool thing about the Fiesta though, it has no active safety features, pretty :fuckyeah:
:whocares: the :poorvette: is for fun :stig: anyway.

In4hyundaireview
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:41 pm One cool thing about the Fiesta though, it has no active safety features, pretty :fuckyeah:
:whocares: the :poorvette: is for fun :stig: anyway.

In4hyundaireview
I don't understand this all-or-nothing idea that some of you people seem to have - Why must a vehicle be 100% specialized for a single task with no regard for anything else?

A car can still be more entertaining to drive than a dump truck even if it's not an F1 racecar.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm
Detroit wrote: :whocares: the :poorvette: is for fun :stig: anyway.

In4hyundaireview
I don't understand this all-or-nothing idea that some of you people seem to have - Why must a vehicle be 100% specialized for a single task with no regard for anything else?

A car can still be more entertaining to drive than a dump truck even if it's not an F1 racecar.
I agree, but why can’t a car with safety features be fun? It’ll blow at 10/10, but that’s not what he’s buying it for.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

^Mods, someone hacked Troy's account.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 pm ^Mods, someone hacked Troy's account.
Reported for suspected account hijacking.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

In4hyundaireview

:dat:

A Fiesta ST is a way better DD than the :poorvette: but still way more fun than some of the suggestions (TDI :disgust: ). The commute will be 80% of my time driving, may as well have some fun darting through traffic on the way to and from my cubicle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm I don't understand this all-or-nothing idea that some of you people seem to have - Why must a vehicle be 100% specialized for a single task with no regard for anything else?

I agree, but why can’t a car with safety features be fun? It’ll blow at 10/10, but that’s not what he’s buying it for.
I don't like the auto-driving shit. I'm cool with passive shit i.e. seatbelts, airbags, and stuff. I don't enjoy adaptive cruise or automatic braking or automatic lane keeping. Sometimes a :mahtroy: gotta change lanes sans signaling.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Like in the new camry? The only complaint on my dads explorer, and this especially happens often when you drive in dc, it alerts you to that you’re about to hit something, its good for some cases when you text and drive and whatnot, but it is pretty damn irritating
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Seriously a Hyundai what is this Prague ? Get a decent brand of car :disgust:

That’s like wearing fashion nova because Levis is too upmarket
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:37 pm Seriously a Hyundai what is this Prague ? Get a decent brand of car :disgust:

Wut.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

In4hyundaireview

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm I don't understand this all-or-nothing idea that some of you people seem to have - Why must a vehicle be 100% specialized for a single task with no regard for anything else?

A Fiesta ST is a way better DD than the :poorvette: but still way more fun than some of the suggestions (TDI :disgust: ). The commute will be 80% of my time driving, may as well have some fun darting through traffic on the way to and from my cubicle.

Can confirm, I have fun on my 12 Mile commute.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar

max225 wrote:Seriously a Hyundai what is this Prague ? Get a decent brand of car :disgust:

There's our favorite badge humper!

Get a base CLA with a giant light-up star in the front. Mercedes BENZ, bitches.
Johnny_P

:popcorn: I personally don’t think there is a bad suggestion in this thread. FiST could be fun. Lobster could be fun. Up to you Griff!

In4testdrives
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:37 pm Seriously a Hyundai what is this Prague ? Get a decent brand of car :disgust:

:aintcare:

I mean I don't know that I'll get it, but all of the online reviews I've seen have been great, it's affordable, great on gas and looks interesting. I think they deserve a test drive if nothing else.

Also... I'm thinking it might be kind of awkward to have something that seems too upmarket when I start this job. I negotiated very well due to not really caring that much if I got the job or not and as such will be in a higher title/pay grade than many of the other sales people there including some of the people who interviewed me. Might be a little awkward.