Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:38 am 15,000 miles on mine, need to change the erl.
Nothing of note to report.
:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:38 am 15,000 miles on mine, need to change the erl.
Nothing of note to report.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:53 am
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:47 am Setting up a :meat: for tomorrow afternoon to sell my stock steps. ZR2 sliders will only have cost me $25 if this goes through.
:dill: was done. Sliders cost me $25. :notbad:
Also one less thing stored at my dads place. :lol:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:03 pm

It is awful
Must have been designed by a blind guy.

No, but really...real ARB stuff is designed for use in Australia when you're hundred of miles away from civilization in the outback and hit a kangaroo, you're not fucked. I learned about this when working global accessories for Colorado.
The ultimate offroad toughness standard.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

AEV is starting to release their ‘rado skids... :megusta:

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product ... /colorado/
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:05 pm AEV is starting to release their ‘rado skids... :megusta:

Those only work when you have a Bison IIRC.

Surprised they haven't released the Bison skidz yet.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:17 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:05 pm AEV is starting to release their ‘rado skids... :megusta:

Tranny skid will work on a Z71 if you get the yet to be released transfer case skid.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Tranny skid will work on a Z71 if you get the yet to be released transfer case skid.
Exactly. You need Bison skid plates to make these work.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:47 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Exactly. You need Bison skid plates to make these work.
Ah, yeah. We shall see what shows up on the site in the coming weeks.
Apex

GM Performance Parts has the Bison rear bumper kit listed at $2155... :sad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am GM Performance Parts has the Bison rear bumper kit listed at $2155... :sad:
:lolol:

Sounds about right. I was fighting them to not release these parts at insane prices. Looks like they were just waiting for me to leave.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:19 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am GM Performance Parts has the Bison rear bumper kit listed at $2155... :sad:

Sounds about right. I was fighting them to not release these parts at insane prices. Looks like they were just waiting for me to leave.

Other bumpers from AEV are in the $1200 range, IIRC. That would have been palatable, but $2200 :nope:
I'll look elsewhere if I swap out rear bumpers now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Other bumpers from AEV are in the $1200 range, IIRC. That would have been palatable, but $2200 :nope:
Yea, when I was in the accessories group, they wanted me to figure out how to sell the Bison parts for non Bisons. I ran the math and the MSRP requirements were way beyond what the market would bear...IIRC, the rear bumper was over $2k as you see it. I told them no way, we'll just sell the parts with the truck, make the truck more exclusive. I stayed firm on that despite constantly being asked.

Looks like they got their way.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:50 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Yea, when I was in the accessories group, they wanted me to figure out how to sell the Bison parts for non Bisons. I ran the math and the MSRP requirements were way beyond what the market would bear...IIRC, the rear bumper was over $2k as you see it. I told them no way, we'll just sell the parts with the truck, make the truck more exclusive. I stayed firm on that despite constantly being asked.

Used those parts will go for more than what the aftermarket is providing. Interesting.

The Bison is a great option package itself doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Used those parts will go for more than what the aftermarket is providing. Interesting.

It really is. I would have bought an orange one to replace Blurple if I stayed at GM.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:04 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:00 pm

It really is. I would have bought an orange one to replace Blurple if I stayed at GM.
My current dilemma is what to do with my truck. I'm going to be over miles when the lease is up if things keep as they are, so do I get something in addition to it in a year or two? Or do I look at maybe trading it in on a ZR2/Bison? Or just buy it out?

Plenty of time before I need to actually make a decision doe. 13 days until I've had it for a full year, damn time has flown by.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:04 pm
My current dilemma is what to do with my truck. I'm going to be over miles when the lease is up if things keep as they are, so do I get something in addition to it in a year or two? Or do I look at maybe trading it in on a ZR2/Bison? Or just buy it out?

Plenty of time before I need to actually make a decision doe. 13 days until I've had it for a full year, damn time has flown by.
Colorado is great and pretty durable. In fact, I've driven mine a few times this week and partially debate buying the lease out as a :scrooge: option. ($33k ZR2 vs $50k Gladiator). It's really an outstanding truck.

Depends on what your lease buy-out is, but it's not a bad idea.

Even new, ZR2's are a great value proposition compared to a Gladiator (comparably equipped Jeep is $10k more, can get a Bison for $4k less).
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:33 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:29 pm

Colorado is great and pretty durable. In fact, I've driven mine a few times this week and partially debate buying the lease out as a :scrooge: option. ($33k ZR2 vs $50k Gladiator). It's really an outstanding truck.

Even new, ZR2's are a great value proposition compared to a Gladiator (comparably equipped Jeep is $10k more, can get a Bison for $4k less).
Buying out the lease is probably my #1 option, I don't really have a reason not to... For the wheelin' that I do, and all of the other activities I do with wifey and kiddo it really is an ideal vehicle.
Maybe toss on an OME life with some 32's and some additional skids in the future.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Buying out the lease is probably my #1 option, I don't really have a reason not to... For the wheelin' that I do, and all of the other activities I do with wifey and kiddo it really is an ideal vehicle.
Maybe toss on an OME life with some 32's and some additional skids in the future.
Yea, I think a Z71 would be perfect for most wheeling with slightly more lift, slightly bigger tires (32's) and a bunch of underbody protection (the full AEV kit would be great). If the buy-out is cheap enough, it's the way to go.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:48 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:42 pm

Yea, I think a Z71 would be perfect for most wheeling with slightly more lift, slightly bigger tires (32's) and a bunch of underbody protection (the full AEV kit would be great). If the buy-out is cheap enough, it's the way to go.
Gives Falken some time to figure out they should be making the AT3W in a 255/75/17. :megusta:
Buy-out is 22k, IIRC. (4 year lease)
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:48 pm
Gives Falken some time to figure out they should be making the AT3W in a 255/75/17. :megusta:
Buy-out is 22k, IIRC. (4 year lease)
Oh wow, that's seriously :notbad:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’m sure some chevtards will buy them at that price. They deserve it bruh tax return season.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:01 pm
I’m sure some chevtards will buy them at that price. They deserve it bruh tax return season.
:fullretard:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Treat yo self
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:44 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Treat yo self
I just treated myself and I want to treat myself again..... :jizz: