OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:54 pm https://www.roame.com/ ?
Yep that’s it!
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:10 pm

From Gucci to Poverty
Yep… I recently found out that dude is deeeeeep in debt. I figured he was doing well financially.. he had a company he started making motorcycle boots with lights in them that sync with your turn signals and brakes.. but he just mismanaged the shit out of it, was living like some baller all while digging a deeper and deeper hole. He takes her on all these trips that are apparently funded by his credit card lol. She doesn’t think she can do better than him, and she’s 6 months pregnant with his kid, so she’s still going through with the wedding. Wild.

Good luck!
Would a photograph be possible?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:59 pm

Yep… I recently found out that dude is deeeeeep in debt. I figured he was doing well financially.. he had a company he started making motorcycle boots with lights in them that sync with your turn signals and brakes.. but he just mismanaged the shit out of it, was living like some baller all while digging a deeper and deeper hole. He takes her on all these trips that are apparently funded by his credit card lol. She doesn’t think she can do better than him, and she’s 6 months pregnant with his kid, so she’s still going through with the wedding. Wild.

Good luck!
https://www.roame.com/collections/merch ... oame-zeros

dime to dollar the blonde is the Fiance. @Yourgirlfriendisnotamodel

Also, hard to make money when all your products are sold the fuck out
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

Good luck!
Here’s the two of them. They look like brother and sister to me :lol:

SAWCE

Photograph reminds me. I got a few shots of the northern lights on Saturday night. Better visibility Friday, but Saturday I took my camera out to a lookout spot. Set a nice long 30 second exposure and popped these out.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:09 am Just got a text from my cousin last night that her wedding next year is in Turks and Caicos at the Beaches Resort. $500 per person per night and the hotel allows kids.

:yuno:
My family would disown me if I do that, unless im the one thats paying or reimbursing their travel expenses.

Especially when :tits: and I both will have atleast 30-40 people from families and relatives on each side.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 pm

Nope, he paid that model. I’d rate her several points higher than his fiance.

And yeah, I think he’s basically shut the company down at this point. Some left over inventory in storage.

What he should have done, IMO, is sell or lease however it works his patents on the design to companies that already manufacture motorcycle boots. Let them add it to their products and he gets whatever cut.
Desertbreh

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:09 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:09 am Just got a text from my cousin last night that her wedding next year is in Turks and Caicos at the Beaches Resort. $500 per person per night and the hotel allows kids.

:yuno:
My family would disown me if I do that, unless im the one thats paying or reimbursing their travel expenses.

Especially when :tits: and I both will have atleast 30-40 people from families and relatives on each side.
Well right dude. The "pound sand, we don't really want people to come anyway" is not part of the Turkish or Latin cultures. But it works for some whities.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 pm

Well, at least they are putting on the brakes.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:12 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:09 pm

Well right dude. The "pound sand, we don't really want people to come anyway" is not part of the Turkish or Latin cultures. But it works for some whities.
Smaller weddings are probably...better. Fuck I'll probably marry in the courthouse and save my fucking money. I used to work with hotel caterers, and saw prices for only a 100 attendees :yikes:

As long as my guests are only willing to drive 1-2 hours, that is a ok with me.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:11 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 pm

And yeah, I think he’s basically shut the company down at this point. Some left over inventory in storage.

What he should have done, IMO, is sell or lease however it works his patents on the design to companies that already manufacture motorcycle boots. Let them add it to their products and he gets whatever cut.
they look strikingly similar. he posed for a shot too :lol:

And yes, that would have been a nice path to passive income, but you'd have to find a buyer, and its a longer timeline. most manufactures prob have zero interest in this - they sell lots of boots anyway. Making it somekind of universal addon would be even better, but harder to design. These kind of moto product startups always seem to eat shit though - the smart helmet (skully) ate shit, the brake light thing for the helmet ate shit (but other products seem to have gained traction), etc.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:12 pm

Smaller weddings are probably...better. Fuck I'll probably marry in the courthouse and save my fucking money. I used to work with hotel caterers, and saw prices for only a 100 attendees :yikes:

Right. But it may not be okay with your Latin mama with the Kung Fu grip.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:11 pm

they look strikingly similar. he posed for a shot too :lol:

And yes, that would have been a nice path to passive income, but you'd have to find a buyer, and its a longer timeline. most manufactures prob have zero interest in this - they sell lots of boots anyway. Making it somekind of universal addon would be even better, but harder to design. These kind of moto product startups always seem to eat shit though - the smart helmet (skully) ate shit, the brake light thing for the helmet ate shit (but other products seem to have gained traction), etc.
For sure. This dude also just seems to be a blundering idiot. He wanted to showcase his company/product on Bloomberg (iirc) and signed some contract with them without reading it. Less than a week before his appearance he didn’t have anything prepared and asked to back out, and they said “sure, but you still owe us the $10,000 that you agreed to.” Dude didn’t even realize he had agreed to pay $10k to be showcased, or that he would be on the hook for it for backing out last minute. To my knowledge, he did not go through with the showcase or whatever and had to just pay them the $10k for nothing.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:13 pm

I suppose.. if you consider a courthouse wedding on a Thursday in June with a baby shower two days later because the baby is due 2.5 months after that putting on the brakes.

Only reason for the smaller wedding is because of her family drama, which is quite :popcorn: for me with how far removed I am from it all. They would have still somehow thrown down (taken on debt) what I’m guessing would be close to $50k for the Italy wedding if not for that shitstorm.

Mom and dad got divorced a few years back, and it’s just been nasty. If any of the adult, all in their 30’s kids, talk to dad then mom gives them the cold shoulder and won’t talk to them for at least a month. But if anything happens in that month when she has them blocked and they don’t tell her, she gets pissed about that :lol: When gal (Brittany) and dude (Adam) got engaged, they just had a nice quiet night together celebrating and then told their families the next day. Big mistake. Mom went ballistic that she wasn’t called within the hour, goes off on Brittany about how she’s an ungrateful cunt, shouldn’t even be marrying Adam, all this shit. It’s wild to hear it all from Michelle.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:27 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:20 pm

Right. But it may not be okay with your Latin mama with the Kung Fu grip.
They're willing to fly to Turkey if I want to held a wedding there, but atleast I plan to do it at a barnhouse or winery near the appalachians unlike our fellow members aquintace who dropped from LaFerrari style wedding to a Fiat Punto, or $500 a night at a resort.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:34 pm

I suppose.. if you consider a courthouse wedding on a Thursday in June with a baby shower two days later because the baby is due 2.5 months after that putting on the brakes.

Only reason for the smaller wedding is because of her family drama, which is quite :popcorn: for me with how far removed I am from it all. They would have still somehow thrown down (taken on debt) what I’m guessing would be close to $50k for the Italy wedding if not for that shitstorm.

Mom and dad got divorced a few years back, and it’s just been nasty. If any of the adult, all in their 30’s kids, talk to dad then mom gives them the cold shoulder and won’t talk to them for at least a month. But if anything happens in that month when she has them blocked and they don’t tell her, she gets pissed about that :lol: When gal (Brittany) and dude (Adam) got engaged, they just had a nice quiet night together celebrating and then told their families the next day. Big mistake. Mom went ballistic that she wasn’t called within the hour, goes off on Brittany about how she’s an ungrateful cunt, shouldn’t even be marrying Adam, all this shit. It’s wild to hear it all from Michelle.
Tell your wife she is the DFD Content Queen for the day.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:38 pm

We should host a miss DFD contest
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ohh boiii
golftdibrad1

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:40 pm

since most of us are married now, yours wins by default. :D
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:49 pm

since most of us are married now, yours wins by default. :D
Miss :notwrong:

The queen of :tits: , perhaps
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:mahtroy: wins by default
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm

Alright, this got audible laughter.
max225

Keep these two away from cocaine tray
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm

:nevermind:
max225

Yea i'd cut a parent out for 1/2 of what was stated here. Whether or not mom decided to spread her legs and take in the juice, doesn't mean you have to put up an absolute cunt of a human being. F EM