golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:31 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:48 am

:lolol:

he forgets, we dont live in cali and drive 10 yr old cars
Tsx is still sitting in the driveway. One of the oldest cars on dfd and I’m still waiting on my oil change analysis after getting raked over the coals by the stealer. I swim in poverty on the daily still. Currently posted from my sub $300 mattress.
its good to remember our place; in the gutter. :lol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm Also, in "paying it off" news.........I am free and clear of my mattress debt to Wells Fargo. We bought two Tempurpedic Kings for the condo which ran about 8 grand. Dude asked me if I wanted to finance them. I laughed and said at what rate? ZERO PERCENT FINANCING BRO. THREE YEARS, NO INTEREST. I thought it was so hilarious that you could finance bedding @ 0% that I did it. Set a $250 per month payment plan and PAID THEM OFF EARLY. I figured you guys would be proud af of me for getting out from under this mattress debt :micdrop:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Paid off our $4k unit at 0% for 7 years my dude 😎. Felt great but hilarious at the same time.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:32 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:59 pm

The Soviet Stormcrow arrives. I assumed a 5M payout, net net, after taxes, whatever.
:dat:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:04 pm

Figured they would still try to get their cut. Doesn’t seem like that should be counted as a gift to the person though since it never touches their hands. Wonder if there is any way around that.

Doesn’t actually matter since none of us won yesterday :lol:
the loophole there would be a trust, but for something like a house payoff there would be very significant expenses to set that up. You would have to weigh that expense vs the tax. Oh and with a trust you and friends have to be ok with owning like 1% of their house / trust assets.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm Also, in "paying it off" news.........I am free and clear of my mattress debt to Wells Fargo. We bought two Tempurpedic Kings for the condo which ran about 8 grand. Dude asked me if I wanted to finance them. I laughed and said at what rate? ZERO PERCENT FINANCING BRO. THREE YEARS, NO INTEREST. I thought it was so hilarious that you could finance bedding @ 0% that I did it. Set a $250 per month payment plan and PAID THEM OFF EARLY. I figured you guys would be proud af of me for getting out from under this mattress debt :micdrop:
Well done sir. paying off anything always feels nice. Hell owing the beemer outright feels great. swiping that card for the starter swap didnt even hurt that bad.
He's not wrong doe
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:08 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Paid off our $4k unit at 0% for 7 years my dude 😎. Felt great but hilarious at the same time.
What the?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:31 pm

What the?
:neek:
Desertbreh

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:31 pm

What the?
:neek:
Welcome back Bayou Neek.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Brad linked me to a few things over the last month.

Figured I'd try my login and say hello. All well in swamp land. I see Brad still yells into the abyss and there are still occasionally dust ups and rage quits.

We have a 1.5 yo boy and another due end of September. Life comes at ya fast. I miss having a fun car immensely. Considering a new mk8 or used s3.

Seems most are well in here.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Welcome back.
Desertbreh

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:38 pm Brad linked me to a few things over the last month.

Figured I'd try my login and say hello. All well in swamp land. I see Brad still yells into the abyss and there are still occasionally dust ups and rage quits.

We have a 1.5 yo boy and another due end of September. Life comes at ya fast. I miss having a fun car immensely. Considering a new mk8 or used s3.

Seems most are well in here.
You are a busy man. Congratulations. Yes, except for Brad testing the tree falling in the forest/nobody hears/does it make a sound conundrum solo thread, everyone left is pretty much here for the proverbial beers at the local pub chitchat. Pull up a chair.
SAWCE

Anyone spend any time out in Nashville and have recommended spots for food? Heading out for work next Sunday. The work will be very light, a few hours a day, so will have the rest of the time to explore and find cool gyms to train at.

Buddy who first got me into lifting lives out that way, so planning on meeting up with him at some point. Hopefully get a workout in with him as well for old time’s sake.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:19 pm Anyone spend any time out in Nashville and have recommended spots for food? Heading out for work next Sunday. The work will be very light, a few hours a day, so will have the rest of the time to explore and find cool gyms to train at.

Buddy who first got me into lifting lives out that way, so planning on meeting up with him at some point. Hopefully get a workout in with him as well for old time’s sake.
Just eat your food saver chicken breasts from your suitcase on the way to the gym. You don't need the fat from all that yummy southern food.
golftdibrad1

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:19 pm Anyone spend any time out in Nashville and have recommended spots for food? Heading out for work next Sunday. The work will be very light, a few hours a day, so will have the rest of the time to explore and find cool gyms to train at.

Martins BBQ was pretty dope, but its probably harder to find bad BBq in nashville than good. Odly enough I've only ever been twice, and 1st time was ..... way too long ago.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:23 pm

Just eat your food saver chicken breasts from your suitcase on the way to the gym. You don't need the fat from all that yummy southern food.
Hahaha I’ll be bringing some for sure… but 6 meals a day, I’ll bring 5 meals for each day and enjoy some tasty bbq and Nashville hot chicken for the last meal. Nothing a few weeks of being back on plan when I get home won’t correct.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:29 pm

Martins BBQ was pretty dope, but its probably harder to find bad BBq in nashville than good. Odly enough I've only ever been twice, and 1st time was ..... way too long ago.
Thanks! I’ll look that place up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:06 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:29 pm

Thanks! I’ll look that place up.
Touristy but very good: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hatti ... ?entry=ttu

There is a ton of good food, fun places to drink/see music, good places to walk around and see the sights, etc. in Nashville, it's quite a fun place.

I would definitely recommend Lane Motor Museum if you feel like doing any car stuff, I'd say it's my favorite auto museum I've seen, super unique stuff.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

One of the best Honky Tonks: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nudie ... ?entry=ttu

Most old school Honky Tonk:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rober ... ?entry=ttu

The live music is just nuts, it's not all just country/covers either, just world class musicians of all kinds. Many of the venues have second/third floors with more unique bands playing versus the street front ones just busting out country covers.
SAWCE

Thanks Dan!
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Memphis was like this too.....fantastic live music on Beale Street...
golftdibrad1

man fuck this week. dog er, kid er, slammed at work, slammed at home.

i need a vacation.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

The fuck happened with the dog ?
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:40 pm The fuck happened with the dog ?
I will also throw in some token interest in your child, Don't forget the humans.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

In 4 deets
SAWCE

I had a dream last night that Max’s child was already born and nearly a year old and he’d been holding out on us the whole time.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:01 pm I had a dream last night that Max’s child was already born and nearly a year old and he’d been holding out on us the whole time.
Entirely realistic
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:01 pm I had a dream last night that Max’s child was already born and nearly a year old and he’d been holding out on us the whole time.
:bruh:
We have a thread for dreams.
https://datforumdoe.com/forum/viewtopic ... eam+thread
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.