The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

I am probably :wrong: as usual, but from a driver's perspective I have generally enjoyed intake noises over exhausts. They're usually cheaper and less obnoxious to the rest of the world, too, which is a bonus.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Valkyrie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:46 pm I am probably :wrong: as usual, but from a driver's perspective I have generally enjoyed intake noises over exhausts. They're usually cheaper and less obnoxious to the rest of the world, too, which is a bonus.
I like both. :iono:

Ideally they're in balance, but it also depends on the car. In a Honda I'd prefer all intake noises, cuz they sound like :poop:. In a GT350, I wouldn't mind having some vroom vroom noises from the back.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:31 pm 10AE exhaust clip. :notsure: if this exhaust is even available separately, but this thing needs an exhaust pronto. I got the car out for about 45mins today and genuinely had a good time with it. Needs more noise from the back, :doe:.

It was a port added option on some of the cars I was looking at that weren’t the 10th anniversary, so I’m guessing you can buy it but the option was $1500… not sure it’s worth that. It does look awesome though. I need to unplug my noisemaker in the cabin when I get home from this work trip to really make an opinion on sound.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 pm It was a port added option on some of the cars I was looking at that weren’t the 10th anniversary, so I’m guessing you can buy it but the option was $1500… not sure it’s worth that. It does look awesome though. I need to unplug my noisemaker in the cabin when I get home from this work trip to really make an opinion on sound.
Yeah that's a hard sell when the MAP cat-back is $950. I think that one sounds better, anyway. Definitely unplug the fake sound! Even with the stock exhaust it's still more enjoyable without the speaker IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:02 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 pm It was a port added option on some of the cars I was looking at that weren’t the 10th anniversary, so I’m guessing you can buy it but the option was $1500… not sure it’s worth that. It does look awesome though. I need to unplug my noisemaker in the cabin when I get home from this work trip to really make an opinion on sound.
Yeah that's a hard sell when the MAP cat-back is $950. I think that one sounds better, anyway. Definitely unplug the fake sound! Even with the stock exhaust it's still more enjoyable without the speaker IMO.
Yep, I like it and I'm glad I I got it in the package with the color I want as it's an easier sell for the wife. That said, it's not really worth the price on its own, I'd definitely choose the MAP over it for less money as well.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Last edited by coogles on Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:15 pm:megusta:
The burgundy minivan looks good back there, doesn't it?

:jimp:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:31 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:15 pm:megusta:
The burgundy minivan looks good back there, doesn't it?

:jimp:
:yesth: :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:thisisfine:
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

coogles wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:47 am :thisisfine:
Rule #1 driving the banks car on track: Never volunteer that information.

I hope homeboi get big T to change their mind but I think he is probably f00ked.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Toyota: We will provide a complimentary one year NASA membership and HPDE driving event with the purchase of your Gazoo Racing vehicle. We encourage you to take your Gazoo Racing vehicle to as many race tracks as you'd like, as can be seen in our FAQ section here: https://gr.drivenasa.com/.

Also Toyota: Warranty is void for driving your Gazoo Racing vehicle on a racetrack.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:09 am Toyota: We will provide a complimentary one year NASA membership and HPDE driving event with the purchase of your Gazoo Racing vehicle. We encourage you to take your Gazoo Racing vehicle to as many race tracks as you'd like, as can be seen in our FAQ section here: https://gr.drivenasa.com/.

Also Toyota: Warranty is void for driving your Gazoo Racing vehicle on a racetrack.
:disgust:

Last one to blow up :trollface: online was just from autocrossing.

I assume they'll fix it now that it's getting picked by various websites.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I heard there is a perpetual shit flinging/finger pointing contest between Toyota and Subaru because Toyota doesn't want to warranty an engine they did not make and Subaru won't warranty an engine that is not in a car they themselves produced.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

The reality is that Toyota should fulfill the warranty on their dime and then follow the legal options/process for handling it with Subaru since they are "a supplier".
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

razr390 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:31 pm The reality is that Toyota should fulfill the warranty on their dime and then follow the legal options/process for handling it with Subaru since they are "a supplier".
Nobody held a gun to Toyoda's head to sign a deal with Subaru. It says Toyota on it. Warranty the fucking car.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

In a piece of mind perspective, and also to intent to join a few track events, I would probably head over with brz over gr86 once I :plac: . But then again toyota sponsors the event and subaru with the warranty going with brz that is

That also can be dependent on the dealer as well. But i do have a connection with someone at my local subaru dealer where i will most likely order
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The motor blowing is one thing... sure, dude really wasn't pushing it but shit happens. The :nope: on the warranty claim, however, is completely fucked. I don't see how the Toyota/Subaru collaboration makes a damn difference. the selling manufacturer honors the warranty and then settles it with any suppliers on the back end.

I literally have a GR folder sitting on my desk from 'yota with a bunch of advertisements for NASA and signing up for HPDE, which indeed is NOT racing.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:45 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:31 pm The reality is that Toyota should fulfill the warranty on their dime and then follow the legal options/process for handling it with Subaru since they are "a supplier".
Nobody held a gun to Toyoda's head to sign a deal with Subaru. It says Toyota on it. Warranty the fucking car.
I wonder how they are handling the Supra stuff (not that the supra has any issues YET) since it is a BMW engine
Desertbreh

razr390 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:52 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:45 pm

I wonder how they are handling the Supra stuff (not that the supra has any issues YET) since it is a BMW engine
The B58 has turned out, by all accounts, to be a very robust piece. I've had no problems with mine in 6 years. BMW puts the thing in 50% of their cars it seems.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:53 am
razr390 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:52 pm
The B58 has turned out, by all accounts, to be a very robust piece. I've had no problems with mine in 6 years. BMW puts the thing in 50% of their cars it seems.
All BMW non M engines seem bulletproof to 7 years or 100k miles. M engines start to fall apart at around 40-50k miles, and require "Major" work by 70-120k miles. And then its a bit of a shit show.... N/A non DI BMW i6 engines are good for 200-350k miles if properly maintained, V8s are good until the chains fail at 150-200k and "Hot V" engines all fall apart by 150k miles, and Valve stem motors (bangle V8s) all fall apart by 100k...
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

is this a :baby: thread?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:53 am

All BMW non M engines seem bulletproof to 7 years or 100k miles. M engines start to fall apart at around 40-50k miles, and require "Major" work by 70-120k miles. And then its a bit of a shit show.... N/A non DI BMW i6 engines are good for 200-350k miles if properly maintained, V8s are good until the chains fail at 150-200k and "Hot V" engines all fall apart by 150k miles, and Valve stem motors (bangle V8s) all fall apart by 100k...
It has 43K miles on it........I'm going to put the Brosteins and 18 X 9 Apexs on it with 255-40-18 square in the next month or so. https://www.apexraceparts.com/shop-by-v ... wheel.html Going to go hyper black. If my woman curbs them they replace for 1/2 price which is almost what it costs to refinish a wheel these days. :science:
Drive it for a couple more years and then IDK. Maybe by then there will be money on the hood of C8s or C7Zs will not still be overpriced.
Desertbreh

I am tired of reading Car and Driver articles about CTR vs. Golf R vs. GRolla and then having dealers have them ALL at MSRP +20K. I'll just throw on some new ramz and dampers to quell the :plac:
Desertbreh

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:04 pm is this a :baby: thread?
Dood has 3 CF. He has to make car decisions accordingly.