OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

I've been stress eating/drinking too and it's not a good look. Trying to turn that shit back around... not making any real progress yet but I did at least stop getting fatter as quickly as I was. Feels :disgust: carrying it around.

I did finally get my new driver's license last week which is a big relief, but holy hell can you see how much fatter my face is vs 2 years ago.

Where people who are not pro athletes find the time and willpower to be healthy is beyond me. Here it is after 2AM and I'm still wide awake, been in bed since 10. Need to be up at 7. An extra 5000 steps? So just lose another hour of sleep? :doomed:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:24 am

I'm depressed AF about weight loss as well. I'm hungry bro. And my job is not leaving me high on life. So yeah.
Did I write this?
Much Burgers. Such Iron Horse. Such lack of abs. Wow.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:27 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:51 pm

Had a great meal earlier. Ground beef, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Hit it all with some pink sea salt and Frank’s red hot. So good.
I like the taco salad leftovers as much as taco night
Taco salad is so :fuckyeah: I don’t even bother with the tacos most times. I eat it for lunch list every day when working from home, love how I can kind of pig out but it’s mostly vegetables so it’s NBD. I also do Greek yogurt and salsa as the ‘dressing’ reducing most of the fat calories.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:11 am I've been stress eating/drinking too and it's not a good look. Trying to turn that shit back around... not making any real progress yet but I did at least stop getting fatter as quickly as I was. Feels :disgust: carrying it around.

I did finally get my new driver's license last week which is a big relief, but holy hell can you see how much fatter my face is vs 2 years ago.

Where people who are not pro athletes find the time and willpower to be healthy is beyond me. Here it is after 2AM and I'm still wide awake, been in bed since 10. Need to be up at 7. An extra 5000 steps? So just lose another hour of sleep? :doomed:
I very much wish I wasn’t awake at the moment as well…
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:11 am I've been stress eating/drinking too and it's not a good look. Trying to turn that shit back around... not making any real progress yet but I did at least stop getting fatter as quickly as I was. Feels :disgust: carrying it around.

I very much wish I wasn’t awake at the moment as well…
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:04 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:51 pm

Had a great meal earlier. Ground beef, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Hit it all with some pink sea salt and Frank’s red hot. So good.
:dat: was lunch
:fuckyeah:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:39 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:27 am

I like the taco salad leftovers as much as taco night
Taco salad is so :fuckyeah: I don’t even bother with the tacos most times. I eat it for lunch list every day when working from home, love how I can kind of pig out but it’s mostly vegetables so it’s NBD. I also do Greek yogurt and salsa as the ‘dressing’ reducing most of the fat calories.
I made a really good “sour cream”‘with Greek yogurt a little while back. Hit it with some onion and garlic powder and then I think I added a little bit of paprika to it too.
SAWCE

:( anything hopeful in the pipeline for your wife’s employment search?
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

She's got one application in for something half decent, but realistically any job is going to take a long time to get plus be some combination of: Lower pay, higher stress, more hours.
SAWCE

Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:07 pm She's got one application in for something half decent, but realistically any job is going to take a long time to get plus be some combination of: Lower pay, higher stress, more hours.
.gov work will be lower pay for sure, but generally lower stress and fewer hours. Would recommend searching usajobs.gov if she hasn’t already. Lots of full remote stuff available these days there so you two wouldn’t have to relocate.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Interesting on the full remote thing, I figured the government would be the last place to find remote work. Will check that out.
SAWCE

Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:32 pm Interesting on the full remote thing, I figured the government would be the last place to find remote work. Will check that out.
Hope it helps! The pay is meh, but the benefits are solid with PTO, sick leave, 401k matching, pension, etc. Work/life balance is second to none for most agencies.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:05 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:32 pm Interesting on the full remote thing, I figured the government would be the last place to find remote work. Will check that out.
Hope it helps! The pay is meh, but the benefits are solid with PTO, sick leave, 401k matching, pension, etc. Work/life balance is second to none for most agencies.
:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Damn, just found out that a local friend's baby died over the weekend. Was less than a year old and spent half of his life in the hospital with all sorts of problems... :sad:

I thought that I was having a rough year. Can't even imagine her situation.
SAWCE

Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:52 pm Damn, just found out that a local friend's baby died over the weekend. Was less than a year old and spent half of his life in the hospital with all sorts of problems... :sad:

Fuck that’s terrible. Poor kid and family :(
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:52 pm Damn, just found out that a local friend's baby died over the weekend. Was less than a year old and spent half of his life in the hospital with all sorts of problems... :sad:

Dude :( all bad. A young life ending so early …

Btw what’s up with the dui guy?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:sad: It has been shocking to see how frequently stuff like this happens now that I'm of that age... many people want kids and can't have 'em or have to go through hell to get them, others don't want/have no business having and wind up with 3-4+, but this type of scenario is the worst possible outcome. I have to friends who lost their kids in the past couple of years, one a day or two into it, the other a couple of months in...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:11 am

:sad: It has been shocking to see how frequently stuff like this happens now that I'm of that age... many people want kids and can't have 'em or have to go through hell to get them, others don't want/have no business having and wind up with 3-4+, but this type of scenario is the worst possible outcome. I have to friends who lost their kids in the past couple of years, one a day or two into it, the other a couple of months in...
You have close friends with 3-4 kids ? I don’t know anyone in my larger friend circle with more than 2… most don’t have any. Kind of wild to be honest. Maybe it’s a California thing but we’re not even replacing ourselves. Pop decline will be a real thing once we croak unless our CF reverses that trend.
wap

Holy shit. That's an unfathomable amount of grief. :(
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing a child, no matter the age or the health complications. My wife miscarried at ~8 weeks the first time and even that was incredibly difficult.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:11 am

Losing TWO is horrifying. At such a young age for both. Maybe it's a sign that they shouldn't have any, like some underlying, unknown condition that's preventing healthy offspring. Nature can be cruel sometimes.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing a child, no matter the age or the health complications. My wife miscarried at ~8 weeks the first time and even that was incredibly difficult.
Haven’t shared with too many, but we just went through that last month. Especially shitty after trying for a kid for like 9 months. We were a week or so out from our first IUI consult, then found out she was pregnant. Gone a few weeks later :(
At least now we know we can, and supposedly your chances of conception are higher in the following months since her body is more primed for it, so we’re taking solace in that and hopeful we’ll get one going again soon.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:11 am
coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing a child, no matter the age or the health complications. My wife miscarried at ~8 weeks the first time and even that was incredibly difficult.
Haven’t shared with too many, but we just went through that last month. Especially shitty after trying for a kid for like 9 months. We were a week or so out from our first IUI consult, then found out she was pregnant. Gone a few weeks later :(
At least now we know we can, and supposedly your chances of conception are higher in the following months since her body is more primed for it, so we’re taking solace in that and hopeful we’ll get one going again soon.
Sorry to hear that dude. :sad: It's weird...at first when she told me she was pregnant it was "holy fuck! I'm gonna be a dad!!" and then a couple days later it was almost like nothing changed. But over those next few weeks I started getting attached to the little nugget in there and when we found out the baby was gone it was really tough. Moreso on her, but on me too.

Incredibly thankful we have the three beautiful kids we do, even when they drive me nuts and take all of my money. :lol:
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:12 am

Btw what’s up with the dui guy?
He's doing well enough given the circumstances. Was staying with another friend for a bit, now is renting a little studio on his own. He's good with :bs: so has talked his way into several jobs already. Seems like he has a slightly better one every few weeks.

First he was stuck riding the bus 3 hours a day to some factory which sucked, but now he bikes like 10 minutes to the latest place - some kind of vacation rental maintenance job.

He bought one of those homemade motorbikes too for longer trips, with the little harbor freight engine on an old bicycle. Does 30 mph, I think he's going to get killed riding it on FL roads... :thisisfine:
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:36 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:11 am

Sorry to hear that dude. :sad: It's weird...at first when she told me she was pregnant it was "holy fuck! I'm gonna be a dad!!" and then a couple days later it was almost like nothing changed. But over those next few weeks I started getting attached to the little nugget in there and when we found out the baby was gone it was really tough. Moreso on her, but on me too.

Incredibly thankful we have the three beautiful kids we do, even when they drive me nuts and take all of my money. :lol:
Yeah dude I’d been kinda meh about the whole thing leading up to that point, but as soon as I found out she was pregnant I had this crazy excitement and couldn’t wait until we could get ultrasounds and start to see it developing, downloaded all the apps to track progress, bought books, the whole nine yards. Then just gone in a hellishly painful week for Michelle. Heartbreaking.