OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:56 pm

Broccoli is great. One of my favorite veggies.

Have you tried the Annie’s stuff for vegan/gluten free Mac and cheese? I’ve heard that it super good. People I know that aren’t even vegan/gluten free eat it as a preference :notbad: haven’t tried it myself, but I imagine it’s solid with those kind of reviews coming in.
Yes! That's our favorite brand, actually. Their cheese powder is 5/7, and we use nut juice or ultra-pasteurized milk if we have it and the result is fantastic. Great to have on hand for a quick meal. Throw in some black beans, onions, tomatoes, and some tabasco and the result is rather :mindblown:
That does sound awesome. We’ve been using starchy water after the pasta has cooked instead of milk that the instructions calls for. Tastes great and cuts way down on calories. We halve the butter recommendation too which helps a lot.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Annie’s vegan Mac is not horrible. Can confirm.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote:
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:53 pm Yes! That's our favorite brand, actually. Their cheese powder is 5/7, and we use nut juice or ultra-pasteurized milk if we have it and the result is fantastic. Great to have on hand for a quick meal. Throw in some black beans, onions, tomatoes, and some tabasco and the result is rather :mindblown:
That does sound awesome. We’ve been using starchy water after the pasta has cooked instead of milk that the instructions calls for. Tastes great and cuts way down on calories. We halve the butter recommendation too which helps a lot.
solid rec. im gonna try this
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:55 pm Never been to Austin. Sounds like it's kind of just California now. No thanks.
Imagine LA but with worse weather and no ocean.... it's pretty overrated but all in all a :notbad: place to visit - there is lots of good food and entertainment. If I had to live in TX it would probably be here, but I am VERY glad I don't have to live in TX.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:50 pm

:dat:

TK is the king of road rage :doe: :lolol:
:howdareu:

Although this time was interesting, I was pretty much driving miss daisy, let alone I had an 80 year old lady in the car and a lit candle after church. I (atleast knowingly) never done anything that would somehow rile up drivers out of nowhere when that happened. I feel like they were doing it for fun. Although both happened after I passed them and I pretty much drive like that every day, barely have anyone random flickering their high beams on me.

Also probably because I do drive a lot, I did hit almost 14k on the accord.
:lolol: You just seem to be a magnet for it is all... maybe it is just the DC area that's bad.

I was fairly :rage: on my brief drive yesterday in CLT to the mall to return some shit :tits: bought and then to the airport. The driving just keeps getting worse and worse.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:27 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:36 pm

:howdareu:

Although this time was interesting, I was pretty much driving miss daisy, let alone I had an 80 year old lady in the car and a lit candle after church. I (atleast knowingly) never done anything that would somehow rile up drivers out of nowhere when that happened. I feel like they were doing it for fun. Although both happened after I passed them and I pretty much drive like that every day, barely have anyone random flickering their high beams on me.

Also probably because I do drive a lot, I did hit almost 14k on the accord.
:lolol: You just seem to be a magnet for it is all... maybe it is just the DC area that's bad.

I was fairly :rage: on my brief drive yesterday in CLT to the mall to return some shit :tits: bought and then to the airport. The driving just keeps getting worse and worse.
North VA is bad, DC is really bad. Just recently, this one person honked at this one person because the light is green, mind you it was a friendly tap and the dude in front got out and shot him. Not to mention, we have a lot of diversity from other countries whose stuck in their habits like my dad did when he was teaching me how to drive via learners permit. Tailgating used to be normal for him :lol: Also I've noticed more people in DC are running red lights now.

I bet y'all imagine if I live anywhere else thats more relaxed than DC, NY, LA, etc, and still have road rage rant, I'd probably have issues.

I almost rear ended an uber one time in DC cause the uber cut me off and stopped abruptly just to drop some :mahtroy: off who told me to relax after I laid my horn, like consider yourself lucky that I was paying attention otherwise I may have run your ass over due to the :amir: uber.

Also my :tits: is quite an aggressive driver too, to the point her horn on her fiesta stopped working.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:43 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:27 am

North VA is bad, DC is really bad. Just recently, this one person honked at this one person because the light is green, mind you it was a friendly tap and the dude in front got out and shot him. Not to mention, we have a lot of diversity from other countries whose stuck in their habits like my dad did when he was teaching me how to drive via learners permit. Tailgating used to be normal for him :lol: Also I've noticed more people in DC are running red lights now.

I bet y'all imagine if I live anywhere else thats more relaxed than DC, NY, LA, etc, and still have road rage rant, I'd probably have issues.

I almost rear ended an uber one time in DC cause the uber cut me off and stopped abruptly just to drop some :mahtroy: off who told me to relax after I laid my horn, like consider yourself lucky that I was paying attention otherwise I may have run your ass over due to the :amir: uber.

Also my :tits: is quite an aggressive driver too, to the point her horn on her fiesta stopped working.
Man, if people are occasionally shooting at each other when they horn blasted, I'd consider reviewing my driving habits and try to be a bit more :aintcare: , or better yet implement some defensive driving tactics. I used to have a crotch rocket when I was in my early 20s, to save on insurance rates I took a defensive riding course that was really helpful in all driving conditions and has saved me on a few occasions. Do you guys have those offered in the DC area? Either that or bulletproof glass inserts on the Accord :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Corporate insurance renewal, probably the least enjoyable way for me to spend three thousand bucks.
SAWCE

Tar wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:30 am Corporate insurance renewal, probably the least enjoyable way for me to spend three thousand bucks.
Does it protect you from the robots’ uprising?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:36 pm
Tar wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:30 am Corporate insurance renewal, probably the least enjoyable way for me to spend three thousand bucks.
Not at all, it's entirely filled with holes to protect me from virtually nothing. :lolol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tar wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Not at all, it's entirely filled with holes to protect me from virtually nothing. :lolol:
basically all insurance policies. awesome.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:38 pm

Basically, I know that going in. It's a requirement, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Like I mentioned earlier, my least favorite way to spend money lol
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:38 pm

:dat:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Whats good everyone ? How are all of your employers fairing ? We're seeing so much pain on the horizon... also market is such a shit show!

Are y'all :aintcare: or just removed from the real time financials of your companies ?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:14 pm Whats good everyone ? How are all of your employers fairing ? We're seeing so much pain on the horizon... also market is such a shit show!

Are y'all :aintcare: or just removed from the real time financials of your companies ?
We just had our best Q1 ever and - so far - Q2 is starting off the same. :thisisfine:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:29 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:14 pm Whats good everyone ? How are all of your employers fairing ? We're seeing so much pain on the horizon... also market is such a shit show!

We just had our best Q1 ever and - so far - Q2 is starting off the same. :thisisfine:
When did your Q1 end? And what industry is this?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fairly removed, I did mention that my pay rate is still short of our long-term agreement and when I mentioned it today the boss-bro said that he wants to share some shit with me at a later date, but he's too bogged down to have that convo. I suspect that he got a memo discussing projected headwinds, the writing is on the wall and we're in for some strange times ahead. I just figure that this is what happens when we reach peak corruption, :iono:
Last edited by Tar on Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:33 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:29 pm

Our fiscal is the same as calendar so it ended 3/31.

Metal service center. Think JT Ryerson but much smaller and selling only aluminum.
max225

wap wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:45 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:33 pm

Metal service center. Think JT Ryerson but much smaller and selling only aluminum.
Yea I don't anticipate major changes just yet for that area.
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:52 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:45 pm

IF the adult toy industry (boats, campers, trailers, etc) goes :tits: up, we'll feel it immediately, big time. That's what makes me nervous.
max225

wap wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:19 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:52 pm

IF the adult toy industry (boats, campers, trailers, etc) goes :tits: up, we'll feel it immediately, big time. That's what makes me nervous.
Well they are still backlogged to shit... so you should be ok (I.E record quarters) for 3-6 months.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well our company’s financials as a whole seem dece/at or above budget. I would guess margins are squeezed, but not really my problem :aintcare:

I have like 35% growth targets which I exceeded by about 10% in January-March, April isn’t looking as great, will likely wind up at like 85-90% of my goal, which is still well over last year.
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:49 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:19 pm

Well they are still backlogged to shit... so you should be ok (I.E record quarters) for 3-6 months.
Possibly more. We have blanket contracts with some customers that go to the end of the year. :notbad:
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 pm Well our company’s financials as a whole seem dece/at or above budget. I would guess margins are squeezed, but not really my problem :aintcare:

I have like 35% growth targets which I exceeded by about 10% in January-March
, April isn’t looking as great, will likely wind up at like 85-90% of my goal, which is still well over last year.
:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:27 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 pm Well our company’s financials as a whole seem dece/at or above budget. I would guess margins are squeezed, but not really my problem :aintcare:

I have like 35% growth targets which I exceeded by about 10% in January-March
, April isn’t looking as great, will likely wind up at like 85-90% of my goal, which is still well over last year.
:impressive:
:bow:

I can’t take much credit for this as it’s a new to new territory starting this January. Fortunately the inside sales people I’m working with are pretty solid.

That said the kid who took over my own territory over achieved even more and got a huge paycheck in January thanks 100% to me. His commission alone that month was probably like $15k.