Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:54 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:49 am

:impressive:

Can't really complain too much. Had a pretty chill and nice weekend, grabbed burgers at a local diner with :tits: Friday night, Saturday rode bikes around town with a buddy of mine and test road mountain bikes since my MTB frame broke. Cooked some Indian curry with the wife that night. Yesterday we took down decorations, walked :doge: , hung out at home. I went for another bike ride. ALl in all a good time, nothing too exciting. Sadly I'm off of booze/weed until further notice due to dr's orders surrounding my broken :balls: , so that's a slight drag.

Bossbro is back this week, thinking things may pick back up a bit work wise, haven't done a ton with the new position just yet. I'm also hoping to test out another mountain bike or two this week, perhaps :troywax: on one :excited: :boxodicks:
Good luck with the :balls: sitch, I hope it falls into place for you with less weed/booze, or maybe they'll find a root cause of the missing swimmers conundrum.

There's no bicycling around here, it's cold AF, can't really even get the kids outside with some weird cold front.

We had a small family gettogether, and my wife made a really tasty curried cauliflower soup... It was sooo good. I love that spice!
Me too man, Indian is one of my favorite genres of food, Mexican and burgers being the other two I think.

I'm not super concerned about the :balls: , it'll be what it'll be. I'm sure I'll be back to boozin' one way or another eventually :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:28 pm :hai:
Re weekend, Saturday bro and I brought mom home. Needless to say, she's very happy to be home and will continue to get PT there to further regain some of her strength after her 2 recent falls/broken bones. The rest of the weekend was devoted to de-Christmasing the house. We still have a pretty long way to go, lol. :ohwell:

Oh, this was fun. Saturday late afternoon and into the night, we had a light but persistent drizzle that lasted into the early morning yesterday. And then the temps fell to single digits. Consequently, there was a light coat of ice over every surface outside. I went out to get the paper from my driveway yesterday morning and proceeded to slip and fall down the last 2-3 steps of my front porch. Banged my right elbow on the 2nd step, my ribs on the left side on the first step, and then slammed my head on the concrete walkway at the bottom of the stairs. I hit my head so hard it flung my glasses off and they landed a couple feet behind me. I laid there dazed for a moment then slowly got up. Had a dull headache and an :impressive: bump on the back of my head. An Ibuprofen (Motrin) helped with the headache, but it's back this morning, along with a sore ribcage and a sore neck. I must have tensed up my neck muscles as I was falling because the tendons in the front of my neck are all sore. Basically whiplash. :neat: Took another Ibuprofen this morning and will probably need one tonight.
Fuck man, glad you're OK, sounds like a pretty nasty fall.

:impressive: that you subscribe to a print newspaper :mindblown: I don't think I've touched one in almost a decade.

I remember they had free Miami Heralds in college in the dining hall I used to read when I ate solo, as it was pre-smart phone life.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:38 pm
Re weekend, Saturday bro and I brought mom home. Needless to say, she's very happy to be home and will continue to get PT there to further regain some of her strength after her 2 recent falls/broken bones. The rest of the weekend was devoted to de-Christmasing the house. We still have a pretty long way to go, lol. :ohwell:

Oh, this was fun. Saturday late afternoon and into the night, we had a light but persistent drizzle that lasted into the early morning yesterday. And then the temps fell to single digits. Consequently, there was a light coat of ice over every surface outside. I went out to get the paper from my driveway yesterday morning and proceeded to slip and fall down the last 2-3 steps of my front porch. Banged my right elbow on the 2nd step, my ribs on the left side on the first step, and then slammed my head on the concrete walkway at the bottom of the stairs. I hit my head so hard it flung my glasses off and they landed a couple feet behind me. I laid there dazed for a moment then slowly got up. Had a dull headache and an :impressive: bump on the back of my head. An Ibuprofen (Motrin) helped with the headache, but it's back this morning, along with a sore ribcage and a sore neck. I must have tensed up my neck muscles as I was falling because the tendons in the front of my neck are all sore. Basically whiplash. :neat: Took another Ibuprofen this morning and will probably need one tonight.

:impressive: that you subscribe to a print newspaper :mindblown: I don't think I've touched one in almost a decade.

I remember they had free Miami Heralds in college in the dining hall I used to read when I ate solo, as it was pre-smart phone life.
Thanks. It wasn't pleasant, that's for sure.

I am old school, as we all know. :lol: Newspapers are dying across the country and I think they still provide an important service, both nationally, and, especially, on the local level, exposing :bs: in local government, etc. I do what I can to keep at least one of the local papers going. I read part of it over breakfast in the morning then finish it at lunch.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Ouch, that sounds like a pretty hard tumble, I hit my elbow like that trying to drop into a short bowl on a skateboard. I was really glad to have a helmet on when I wiped out, but my elbow hurt for a couple of weeks afterwards. It sounds like you took the fall fairly well considering that you bashed your elbow, ribs and head really hard and , pretty durable for a :wap: ! :like: :notbad: :wub:
Hope it's a quick recovery.
wap

:lol:
Thanks, guise. :wub:

Just a day in the life of a :wap:

On a more :disgust: note: former (anti-vax) Alfaprick boss in coming in for a visit this week. In fact, I think he just arrived. :slowclap:
:disgust:
wap

Of course the dickhead shows up not wearing a mask and comes to shake my hand. :rage:
I told him he needs to wear one (it's Illinois law) so he rolled his eyes and took one out of his pocket to show me. I told him they work better on your face than in your pocket, as I took out my hand sanitizer and cleaned off my hands. :facepalm:

Did I mention he's in from TX?
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Yikes! Glad you’re okay! You’re not on blood thinners are you?
wap

haleyann wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:34 pm

Yikes! Glad you’re okay! You’re not on blood thinners are you?
Thanks!

Just 81mg aspirin, although I'm temporarily off of it pending a "procedure" I'm getting done later this week. :yikes:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:33 pm Of course the dickhead shows up not wearing a mask and comes to shake my hand. :rage:
I told him he needs to wear one (it's Illinois law) so he rolled his eyes and took one out of his pocket to show me. I told him they work better on your face than in your pocket, as I took out my hand sanitizer and cleaned off my hands. :facepalm:

What a douche thing for him to do. :derp:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wapman that was quite a fucking fall. glad you survived it :doe:

Pretty shitty out here also... I am working 2 jobs at my current company currently which is a huge pain in the ass. Also flew into Vegas on Sat to pick up an unobtanium watch. However instead of feasting on god knows what and getting drunk I ended up working most of the day there.... it was super stressful.

On the way back we witnessed someone getting thrown off the plane, that person was an absolute bitch... but it was still annoying AF as it was a flight that was already late. Now waiting for the Covid to kick in... so much for staying home and staying safe. Literally dumbest time to travel period. But the watch had to be picked up.
wap

Tar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:50 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:33 pm Of course the dickhead shows up not wearing a mask and comes to shake my hand. :rage:

What a douche thing for him to do. :derp:
:dat:
Our HR lady refused to let him give her a hug and he got all :pout:
:gtfo:
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:55 pm Wapman that was quite a fucking fall. glad you survived it :doe:

Pretty shitty out here also... I am working 2 jobs at my current company currently which is a huge pain in the ass. Also flew into Vegas on Sat to pick up an unobtanium watch. However instead of feasting on god knows what and getting drunk I ended up working most of the day there.... it was super stressful.

On the way back we witnessed someone getting thrown off the plane, that person was an absolute bitch... but it was still annoying AF as it was a flight that was already late. Now waiting for the Covid to kick in... so much for staying home and staying safe. Literally dumbest time to travel period. But the watch had to be picked up.
Thanks, :mahman:

:butwhy:

Agree that flying right now is :fullretard:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ohhhh, curious about said watch? Any deets to share?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:10 pm Ohhhh, curious about said watch? Any deets to share?

I'm not really a watch guy, but a little bit watch curious you could say.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:13 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:10 pm Ohhhh, curious about said watch? Any deets to share?

I’m not a watch guy either. But I wanted to diversify out of cash a bit… it seems that these have always been worth a decent amount and can be used as a pawn in case of emergency etc.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I like automatics, something about them being completely battery free makes them appealing to me and I've got three of them along with one g-shock for putting around the garage/pool or whatever. I also think that a watch is an expression of the wearer, so I make notice of what people are wearing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:18 pm

I like automatics, something about them being completely battery free makes them appealing to me and I've got three of them along with one g-shock for putting around the garage/pool or whatever. I also think that a watch is an expression of the wearer, so I make notice of what people are wearing.
I also think automatics are :neat:

I'm not really into baller status stuff, but I think I may pick up a Seiko at some point.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dude, glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Same thing happened up here, we have ice everywhere, now under snow. It's pretty hazardous to just walk outside right now, almost fell a few times over the last couple of days. Just last night I was thinking about how lucky I was to have not fallen yet I played your exact scenario through my head.

Be safe out there folks in the north! Winter is here, and it's a bitch.

9 degrees outside with a persistent 20mph west wind and light snow today. So much bleh.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:47 pm

Same thing happened up here, we have ice everywhere, now under snow. It's pretty hazardous to just walk outside right now, almost fell a few times over the last couple of days. Just last night I was thinking about how lucky I was to have not fallen yet I played your exact scenario through my head.

9 degrees outside with a persistent 20mph west wind and light snow today. So much bleh.
Thanks, dude. It's about 15F here now but at least the sun is out.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:47 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:38 pm

I am old school, as we all know. :lol: Newspapers are dying across the country and I think they still provide an important service, both nationally, and, especially, on the local level, exposing :bs: in local government, etc. I do what I can to keep at least one of the local papers going. I read part of it over breakfast in the morning then finish it at lunch.
Our local rag is called the Desert Sun. We went online a couple of years ago after the print price became frankly just outrageous for what you were getting. I forget the exactly dollar value but it was pretty :ayfkm: The Monday paper was wafer thin. I recently got a year of the printed WSJ because they had a promo price that was free.com. I understand that a real printed newspaper isn't free to create but if you want to charge me for one you need to have some legitimate content in there. The LA Times is :notbad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:41 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:18 pm

I also think automatics are :neat:

I'm not really into baller status stuff, but I think I may pick up a Seiko at some point.
I have three automatics, a Tissot, Hamilton and Seiko (my newest and fovorite from the wife unit). had the Hammi on my wrist, and the Seiko on my night table.

wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:07 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Our local rag is called the Desert Sun. We went online a couple of years ago after the print price became frankly just outrageous for what you were getting. I forget the exactly dollar value but it was pretty :ayfkm: The Monday paper was wafer thin. I recently got a year of the printed WSJ because they had a promo price that was free.com. I understand that a real printed newspaper isn't free to create but if you want to charge me for one you need to have some legitimate content in there. The LA Times is :notbad:
I have a great :dill: with the Chicago Sun Times - $2/week for 7 deliveries per week. I get auto billed $106 once a year on my CC. True, it's not the thickest paper out there, but its editorialists are pretty independent, features columnists from a pretty politically broad spectrum of opinions, and it has a decent sports section. :notbad: for $2/week, IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:47 pm

:
The sun makes a huge difference. Haven't seen it in some time now... :eeyore:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:25 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:07 pm

I have a great :dill: with the Chicago Sun Times - $2/week for 7 deliveries per week. I get auto billed $106 once a year on my CC. True, it's not the thickest paper out there, but its editorialists are pretty independent, features columnists from a pretty politically broad spectrum of opinions, and it has a decent sports section. :notbad: for $2/week, IMO.
I believe the Desert Sun wanted a renewal rate of $436 year or some such. The digital version is a tiny fraction of that.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:30 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:54 pm

:
The sun makes a huge difference. Haven't seen it in some time now... :eeyore:
It really does. Even yesterday morning, when it was just 9F out, the ice was melting on my front steps, which are painted dark brown (the dark color also helps absorb any feeble heat from the winter sun), which was partly why I fell. I thought there was no ice but I was obviously :wrong: . Plus, wet, melting ice is much more slippery than solidly frozen ice. :yikes: