OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:00 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:58 pm Danke. I do too now that I’m used to it. Michelle does as well.. “I can see you smile!” “You don’t look angry all the time now” :lolol:
Wife always looks at me like I'm an alien when I trim mine that short. I like to reminder I was clean-shaven when we got married, but I think she might leave me if I go back to that. :lol: I have a major :baby: face without a beard, doe.
Haha yeah I look weird as fuck with no facial hair at all. Even how short I trimmed it last week was a little too much. It’s at a much better and fuller looking length now.
SAWCE

Traveling as a bodybuilder sucks lol.
Finally got all my food prepped and packed for this weekend in Oregon.

560g pressure cooked chicken (hoping the Airbnb has a blender so I can make chicken shakes lol)
784g grilled chicken
504g ground beef
7 cups of rice
840g blueberries
400g pineapple
180g gerber baby rice cereal
198g vanilla whey protein
204g chocolate whey protein
Pre/Intra workout supplements
Health supplements

TSA agents look at me like I’m insane :lolol:

If there’s room in the cooler after everything is packed when we’re getting ready to head to the airport I’ll throw a thing of peanut butter in there too, otherwise I’ll have to buy a small thing when we get up there and I’ll grab some veggies too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:29 pm Traveling as a bodybuilder sucks lol.

560g pressure cooked chicken (hoping the Airbnb has a blender so I can make chicken shakes lol)
784g grilled chicken
504g ground beef
7 cups of rice
840g blueberries
400g pineapple
Health supplements

If there’s room in the cooler after everything is packed when we’re getting ready to head to the airport I’ll throw a thing of peanut butter in there too, otherwise I’ll have to buy a small thing when we get up there and I’ll grab some veggies too.
:lolol:

That is some extreme dedication.

You just use a cooler as a carry on and bring in the :meat: ?

I am :amaze: that Michelle stands for this.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:35 pm

784g grilled chicken
504g ground beef
7 cups of rice
840g blueberries
400g pineapple
Health supplements

Yeah the epic, constant nutritional requirements of bodybuilding would just be a no for me even if I was young enough to try it/risk the roid use. I mean it's literally like every fucking minute of every day is some kind of nutritional requirement phase and that would essentially amount to a freedom deprivation for me, almost like some nagging significant other CONSTANTLY hassling you. Many kudos to the discipline it takes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

784g grilled chicken
504g ground beef
7 cups of rice
840g blueberries
400g pineapple
Health supplements

I bring the cooler as my personal item, and all my clothes in a carry on.

She’s more okay with it now than she used to be. She realizes that me bringing my food doesn’t affect her at all.

Like Breh said, it’s limiting for sure. It used to cause issues for us, because I would verbally complain about being thrown off my plan, but now I’ve learned to just shut the fuck up and go along with what she wants to do and eat my cold meals. Compromise on both our parts.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 pm

She’s more okay with it now than she used to be. She realizes that me bringing my food doesn’t affect her at all.

Like Breh said, it’s limiting for sure. It used to cause issues for us, because I would verbally complain about being thrown off my plan, but now I’ve learned to just shut the fuck up and go along with what she wants to do and eat my cold meals. Compromise on both our parts.
The strength of one's STFU game exponentially increases the possibility of a long term marriage. I'm still working on mine. :sad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 pm

The strength of one's STFU game exponentially increases the possibility of a long term marriage. I'm still working on mine. :sad:
I feel you, buddy. I sometimes still struggle with mine.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Most of my need to STFU stems from my bodybuilding hobby and it’s “beeds”.. I’m finally at a point where I fully recognize how selfish of a thing it is that I do, so that makes it easier to take that step back and swallow what would be my response to a lot of shit.

I’d like for this marriage to be a one and done deal, so I keep that in mind too, unless she starts getting unreasonable, then I’ll speak up and say my peace.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 am
haleyann wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:41 am

I’m in vancouver, just a couple miles north of the Portland airport
That’s right! Vancouver is on our list too so we can swing avoiding paying state income and sales tax, but Happy Valley is most likely what will happen. Will keep you updated doe
If you work in Oregon you’ll have to pay the state income tax regardless of where you live, which is a bummer. Where is your job?
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 am

That’s right! Vancouver is on our list too so we can swing avoiding paying state income and sales tax, but Happy Valley is most likely what will happen. Will keep you updated doe
If you work in Oregon you’ll have to pay the state income tax regardless of where you live, which is a bummer. Where is your job?
Job is in Seattle. If you remember my buddy Nate (redhead), I’ll be working for him. He just bought in Happy Valley and had been testing the commute to Seattle since we’ll only have to go in once or twice a month at most.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:34 pm
haleyann wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 pm

Job is in Seattle. If you remember my buddy Nate (redhead), I’ll be working for him. He just bought in Happy Valley and had been testing the commute to Seattle since we’ll only have to go in once or twice a month at most.
Oh nice, that’s not terrible. It’s a boring but easy drive up, but you could always fly or take the train!

Definitely a bummer paying income tax though. If you decide to take a look in vancouver let me know, I’ll set you up with my mom!

We’ve got a freshly remodeled duplex you could rent… a couple months ago my parents decided they were going to buy a duplex. Directly across the street from me. The day they closed on it I walked through it with my mom, who explained all the changes she’s going to make. Then she tells me “I can’t live here, it’s too small.” So now they’re just fixing it up to do short term rentals, particularly to her clients who need a place to stay until they can get into new homes.
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:53 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:34 pm

Oh nice, that’s not terrible. It’s a boring but easy drive up, but you could always fly or take the train!

Definitely a bummer paying income tax though. If you decide to take a look in vancouver let me know, I’ll set you up with my mom!

We’ve got a freshly remodeled duplex you could rent… a couple months ago my parents decided they were going to buy a duplex. Directly across the street from me. The day they closed on it I walked through it with my mom, who explained all the changes she’s going to make. Then she tells me “I can’t live here, it’s too small.” So now they’re just fixing it up to do short term rentals, particularly to her clients who need a place to stay until they can get into new homes.
Oh dang,m, that’d be awesome. Will keep that in mind for sure.

I think train is going to be the ticket for the commute most of the time. I’ll be able to log in and work while I’m on it so only have to spend a few hours at the office on those days. He’s tried all three methods so far, and said train and plane were about the same amount of time due to going through security at the airport.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

As far as I know you pay income tax based on where you live, not where you work. My previous job was in NYC, the guys who lived there paid city taxes and NY State taxes, I just paid NC (less).

I agree that flying for those short jumps kind of blows, the ground transport, security, risks of delay, etc. aren’t really worth it when other means get you there in reasonable time.

Train sounds :notbad: or perhaps carpooling with your buddies. The few times I’ve done trains they’ve been great, good/free internet, comfy, much lower stress than flying.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I’m about to start a juice cleanse since there is absolutely nothing safe to do outside … :disgust: the holiday pounds this year hit extra heavy
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:52 am I’m about to start a juice cleanse since there is absolutely nothing safe to do outside … :disgust: the holiday pounds this year hit extra heavy
I went from 178 on 11/1/21 to 193 on 1/5/22... :disgust: :wtf:

I'm going to pass on the juice cleanse :doe: , but I've started tracking calories/macros again. It sucks when it's cold outside, makes getting exercise a lot less exciting. I am also a bit scared to venture into Planet Shitness at this moment where over 25% of my city allegedly has the 'VID.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:03 am
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:52 am I’m about to start a juice cleanse since there is absolutely nothing safe to do outside … :disgust: the holiday pounds this year hit extra heavy

I'm going to pass on the juice cleanse :doe: , but I've started tracking calories/macros again. It sucks when it's cold outside, makes getting exercise a lot less exciting. I am also a bit scared to venture into Planet Shitness at this moment where over 25% of my city allegedly has the 'VID.
Yea dude … lots of food and drinks in particular did it for me… now it’s time to suffer not to be a fatso. I added a solid 20 in 6 weeks myself but 5 is gone already. :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:09 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:03 am

Yea dude … lots of food and drinks in particular did it for me… now it’s time to suffer not to be a fatso. I added a solid 20 in 6 weeks myself but 5 is gone already. :disgust:
It is :impressive: / :gag: to add 10+% to yourself in just a couple of short months, but it is really difficult not to with the colder months + shit food/drink everywhere combo. Hopefully next holiday season I can convince my wife not to make sweets. It's one thing to over indulge at gatherings, but when they're also here at home, it's a real challenge.
SAWCE

Instead of a juice cleanse, can I recommend eating only lean protein (chicken, extra lean ground turkey and beef, white fish, etc.) and veggies? Your calories will still be low, carb intake will be next to zero with almost all of it coming from fiber, and you’ll get more nutrients from the whole veggies than from juices, and you’ll get brotein which is always good.

Cleanses are, IMO, worthless since you have a functioning liver and kidney that cleanse your body already.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:19 am As far as I know you pay income tax based on where you live, not where you work. My previous job was in NYC, the guys who lived there paid city taxes and NY State taxes, I just paid NC (less).

I agree that flying for those short jumps kind of blows, the ground transport, security, risks of delay, etc. aren’t really worth it when other means get you there in reasonable time.

Train sounds :notbad: or perhaps carpooling with your buddies. The few times I’ve done trains they’ve been great, good/free internet, comfy, much lower stress than flying.
Yeah that’s why we’re considering living in Vancouver, WA since I’ll work in WA. That would avoid the income tax. Then a quick drive to Portland for any major shopping to avoid sales tax.

We’ll likely end up in Happy Valley though as that’s where my friends are buying and real estate is affordable and the schools are good. Haven’t mentioned it here, but we’re planning on starting to try for a kid a few months after we move up.. May/June timeframe expecting that it’ll possibly take a few months for things to click. Will be interesting to see how my fertility has been affected by the gear usage the last few years.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:42 pm
Instead of a juice cleanse, can I recommend eating only lean protein (chicken, extra lean ground turkey and beef, white fish, etc.) and veggies? Your calories will still be low, carb intake will be next to zero with almost all of it coming from fiber, and you’ll get more nutrients from the whole veggies than from juices, and you’ll get brotein which is always good.

Cleanses are, IMO, worthless since you have a functioning liver and kidney that cleanse your body already.
My liver needs a break from 1500-3500 calories from booze daily for 2 weeks straight. Primary reason. Cutting out the other "juice" for jan. But great pointer on that lean protein... that may be coming after the next 3-4 days.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:45 pm

My liver needs a break from 1500-3500 calories from booze daily for 2 weeks straight. Primary reason. Cutting out the other "juice" for jan. But great pointer on that lean protein... that may be coming after the next 3-4 days.
:like: yeah cutting the alcohol will be a huge thing as you know.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Good luck :mahman: , it seems as though I am relatively infertile despite never being on ze joose.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:00 pm

Good luck :mahman: , it seems as though I am relatively infertile despite never being on ze joose.
Thanks dude! I run stuff occasionally to help maintain my fertility, but we’re also getting to the age where she could start having issues, so we’ll give it a few months of just trying and if nothing takes we’ll start seeing fertility docs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:00 pm

Thanks dude! I run stuff occasionally to help maintain my fertility, but we’re also getting to the age where she could start having issues, so we’ll give it a few months of just trying and if nothing takes we’ll start seeing fertility docs.
We are in the doctor's phase, everything with the wife pretty much checked out with flying colors, turns out my :jizz: is weak.

Right now I have to cut out everything fun for three months (weed, alcohol, supplements, etc.) and keep trying/retest in three months if it hasn't worked by that time. There are also a lot more costly/less natural ways to move forward, I'm not really sure how far down that path I'm willing to go.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:52 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:06 pm

We are in the doctor's phase, everything with the wife pretty much checked out with flying colors, turns out my :jizz: is weak.

Right now I have to cut out everything fun for three months (weed, alcohol, supplements, etc.) and keep trying/retest in three months if it hasn't worked by that time. There are also a lot more costly/less natural ways to move forward, I'm not really sure how far down that path I'm willing to go.
:ohdang: didn’t know you two were trying. I should have inferred that from you saying you seem to be infertile.

I’ll shoot you a text.