OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm
wap wrote:
:impressive:

Based on my :sceince: sample size of 1, a female coworker, she had tachycardia for several hours, plus elevated temp, sweats, body aches, bad headache, etc, for almost a day and was mostly fine the next day.
The headache is the biggest problem for me now, it's been slowly building since this morning. Can't really sleep but have been alternating between laying in bed and sitting on the couch all day.

The wife had almost no reaction. :thanksobama:
FWIW, I asked the nurse who gave me jab #2 about taking something in case I got a headache (I never did) and she recommended Tylenol since it's also a fever reducer, and you can take it any time you need it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:14 am First Pfizer shot scheduled for Saturday April 3.
:nice:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm
wap wrote:

Based on my :sceince: sample size of 1, a female coworker, she had tachycardia for several hours, plus elevated temp, sweats, body aches, bad headache, etc, for almost a day and was mostly fine the next day.
The headache is the biggest problem for me now, it's been slowly building since this morning. Can't really sleep but have been alternating between laying in bed and sitting on the couch all day.

I slept like shit all weekend as well after stab 2. As mentioned my heart rate was crazy too, when I rode my bike Saturday, Strava reported it as my 'hardest effort ever" despite the fact that it was 2 MPH slower than usual AND with a group :lolol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm The headache is the biggest problem for me now, it's been slowly building since this morning. Can't really sleep but have been alternating between laying in bed and sitting on the couch all day.

I slept like shit all weekend as well after stab 2. As mentioned my heart rate was crazy too, when I rode my bike Saturday, Strava reported it as my 'hardest effort ever" despite the fact that it was 2 MPH slower than usual AND with a group Imageol:

It was relatively nice out yesterday but I was in no condition to even get on my bike.

Today is about 50% better. Still feel like crap but I can at least function.
wap

:doomed:
I assume you and the Mrs were masked the whole time so you should be ok, but I agree, fuck all that were involved in that :poop: show.
Your :rage: is fully justified, IMO.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Which reminds me, I may be subjected to attend 3 weddings in the upcoming fall and that is of course depends on the state of corona. One is definite because it's a family wedding only and my cousin is getting married out in a vineyard, so no indoors what so ever.

Also another wedding, that already happened last October. Also the same BS ordeal except not as bad for following reasons: there's only the parents and siblings, closest friends (most of which are bridesmaids) and that gathered up to 50 people. I have saw pictures in the church with the door open, with masks on while watching the I do's and whatnot, pictures where they take masks off for the photo, for a split second (based on what I saw on snapchat from a few that I'm friends with), so I thought theres no harm right? :wrong:

See what I saw after that is I saw pics on a greyhound like bus, cause the groom parents were like lets go to the bar :dafuq: and I only saw 2 people that wore masks, a) the bus driver and b) one of the guests, that's it!

Yes I did :rage: but I only talked to my friends and her brother (which I'm not that close as they're more as mutuals :aintcare: ) I just simply said, wait till you grab the corona. And what do you know? They apologized to me cause they didn't like how I called them out due to the inevitable happened, which is wait for it....le corona!! Fun fact, only one guy didn't get it and its that guy that wore a fucking mask. One INCLUDING where bride's 85 year old grandmother was in the ICU for 12 days (which I got their medicine from Turkey as I was flying back to US soon at the time, because it's 600$ cheaper than in the US). Now they're really being " :pussy: " for a very good reason :doe:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

That’s a pretty epic open space that could have easily been utilized for such an event, [user not found]. Much :disappoint:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:dat: a considerate person would book it in May and do it outdoors. Such baffoonery. I don't think I'd publicly bash the venue as a guest, but also don't knock it considering how shitty the event and planners are about keeping their guests safe.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:26 am Oh it gets better.

I roasted the bride and groom and the venue on Instagram, and now the wife is pissed at me because I refused to take the post down until a few minutes ago. Apparently the venue contacted the groom regarding the post.

I wasn’t nice, and I didn’t mince words. Something something daft motherfuckers choosing to hold an indoor wedding with no mask mandate during an active pandemic, with lots of shame.

Now I’ve apparently caused a rift between the wife and her cousin (the groom). Oh, and it’s the wife’s birthday today. Go me.

Fuck them. They should be held responsible for their actions.
:ohdang:
:popcorn:
Post dat review here!
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:41 am Which reminds me, I may be subjected to attend 3 weddings in the upcoming fall and that is of course depends on the state of corona. One is definite because it's a family wedding only and my cousin is getting married out in a vineyard, so no indoors what so ever.

Also another wedding, that already happened last October. Also the same BS ordeal except not as bad for following reasons: there's only the parents and siblings, closest friends (most of which are bridesmaids) and that gathered up to 50 people. I have saw pictures in the church with the door open, with masks on while watching the I do's and whatnot, pictures where they take masks off for the photo, for a split second (based on what I saw on snapchat from a few that I'm friends with), so I thought theres no harm right? :wrong:

See what I saw after that is I saw pics on a greyhound like bus, cause the groom parents were like lets go to the bar :dafuq: and I only saw 2 people that wore masks, a) the bus driver and b) one of the guests, that's it!

Yes I did :rage: but I only talked to my friends and her brother (which I'm not that close as they're more as mutuals :aintcare: ) I just simply said, wait till you grab the corona. And what do you know? They apologized to me cause they didn't like how I called them out due to the inevitable happened, which is wait for it....le corona!! Fun fact, only one guy didn't get it and its that guy that wore a fucking mask. One INCLUDING where bride's 85 year old grandmother was in the ICU for 12 days (which I got their medicine from Turkey as I was flying back to US soon at the time, because it's 600$ cheaper than in the US). Now they're really being " :pussy: " for a very good reason :doe:
WOW! :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:03 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:41 am Which reminds me, I may be subjected to attend 3 weddings in the upcoming fall and that is of course depends on the state of corona. One is definite because it's a family wedding only and my cousin is getting married out in a vineyard, so no indoors what so ever.

WOW! :lolol:
Maybe because they didn't want me to hear "I told you so". Cause I do tend to rub that in when those words are necessary.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

"I'd have been much better off riding my bike today"

:notbad:

:notwrong:

Sounds like some posts I would write, except for being on some newfangled :millennial: platform instead of a good ole forum.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:17 pm "I'd have been much better off riding my bike today"

Sounds like some posts I would write, except for being on some newfangled :millennial: platform instead of a good ole forum.
When you’re left outside to stew on things for 3.5 hours by yourself while the party rages on inside without a mask or care in the world, you tend to get a bit ragey.
Oh I don't blame you at all, your feelings match how I have felt for the past 55 weeks... sitting here alone while the party rages on is precisely how it has felt from my perspective.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:41 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:17 pm "I'd have been much better off riding my bike today"

When you’re left outside to stew on things for 3.5 hours by yourself while the party rages on inside without a mask or care in the world, you tend to get a bit ragey.
My wife and I had a similar experience in the fall. One of her coworkers was getting married and several of her directs were planning to attend, so she wanted to at least show her support and make an appearance. It was supposed to be outside - it said as much on the invitation - but when we got to the venue everyone who was already there was seated inside. It was on a former farm in a barn-like building and the back doors, which are about 2/3 the width of the structure, were open, as well as the doors up front. Better, I guess. But shortly before the ceremony began the doors were all closed and then the entire wedding party was introduced unmasked. That didn't surprise me too much, but after the ceremony they started breaking everyone out into tables - again, I figured we'd at least be eating outside - but we were seated inside with 5 other couples making 6 different households at the same table. Tables were maybe 3 feet apart, and suddenly just about everyone in the place but my wife and I were unmasked. We accepted no drinks, ate nothing, paid our respects to the bride and groom and then left. Then we found out the following Monday that our twins had been exposed to COVID-19 the week prior. Chances are we weren't contagious at the time - we didn't end up showing symptoms until nearly 2 weeks later - but that's how easy it is for the virus to spread at events like that.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Never getting invited to stuff like that makes it easy to not go. :foreveralone:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Got shot #2 today.
So far, zero side effects.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:52 am
wap wrote:
:ohdang:
:popcorn:
Post dat review here!
The original post went a little something like this:

“Let’s hear it for the daft motherfuckers who still think it’s a good idea to hold an indoor wedding with no mask mandate during an active pandemic. Kudos too, to the venues that allow these events to happen.”

The text from the groom: “Tell Zack to take that shit down.”

Here’s the revision before I archived the post to try and appease the wife. Damage was done at that point, though.

:impressive: rant.

Good on you. Hope it's not a permanent schism with the fam.
wap

coogles wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:42 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:41 pm

My wife and I had a similar experience in the fall. One of her coworkers was getting married and several of her directs were planning to attend, so she wanted to at least show her support and make an appearance. It was supposed to be outside - it said as much on the invitation - but when we got to the venue everyone who was already there was seated inside. It was on a former farm in a barn-like building and the back doors, which are about 2/3 the width of the structure, were open, as well as the doors up front. Better, I guess. But shortly before the ceremony began the doors were all closed and then the entire wedding party was introduced unmasked. That didn't surprise me too much, but after the ceremony they started breaking everyone out into tables - again, I figured we'd at least be eating outside - but we were seated inside with 5 other couples making 6 different households at the same table. Tables were maybe 3 feet apart, and suddenly just about everyone in the place but my wife and I were unmasked. We accepted no drinks, ate nothing, paid our respects to the bride and groom and then left. Then we found out the following Monday that our twins had been exposed to COVID-19 the week prior. Chances are we weren't contagious at the time - we didn't end up showing symptoms until nearly 2 weeks later - but that's how easy it is for the virus to spread at events like that.
Fucking hell. Why do people have to be so needlessly stupid. :rage:
Good for you guys to just leave at the first opportunity.
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:48 pm Never getting invited to stuff like that makes it easy to not go. :foreveralone:
Consider yourselves lucky.
wap

Melon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:58 pm Got shot #2 today.
So far, zero side effects.
Give us an update tomorrow and I'll add you to my running update.

Pfizer, J&J, or Moderna?
troyguitar

Apex wrote:Never getting invited to stuff like that makes it easy to not go. :foreveralone:

I don't think I've ever been invited to a wedding unless you count my own.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:29 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:42 pm

Fucking hell. Why do people have to be so needlessly stupid. :rage:
Good for you guys to just leave at the first opportunity.
:dat:

My wife's niece had postponed her wedding, but now that her grandfather (my FIL) has been diagnosed with cancer I am assuming she is going to throw something together pretty soon.

If so, I am going to be nervous being around a good sized crowd (In densely populated NE NJ). Jury still seems to be out as to whether the vaccine are going to protect against all Covid variants.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

2nd Pfizer shot received yesterday.

Injection site soreness
Achy joints after about 12 hours
Probably had a fever overnight
Sleep was sporadic, but seemed to be pretty deep
Almost 24 hours in and symptoms seem to be subsiding
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap

4zilch wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:42 am 2nd Pfizer shot received yesterday.

Injection site soreness
Achy joints after about 12 hours
Probably had a fever overnight
Sleep was sporadic, but seemed to be pretty deep
Almost 24 hours in and symptoms seem to be subsiding
I'll add you to my tally as light to moderate symptoms.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:34 pm Got the J&J shot yesterday. Side effects have been kicking my ass with fever and chills.
Just saw this. I'll add you, too.