OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 pm It was decided today that FL is a go. I'll be out of NY in 10 days. Here's me in 2 weeks:

I thought this was already decided, but :fuckyeah:

Curious, what is your favorite place you've lived so far? I'm assuming Hoth is bottom of the list :lolol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:00 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 pm It was decided today that FL is a go. I'll be out of NY in 10 days. Here's me in 2 weeks:

Curious, what is your favorite place you've lived so far? I'm assuming Hoth is bottom of the list :lolol:
Everywhere else had its ups and downs, this place only has downs. Annoyingly I have now lived in several shitty rural/industrial towns over the past 10 years, hopefully this will be the end of that trend.

Rankings for me would go something like this:

Tie at #1 Cambridge/Boston, MA and Lawrenceburg, KY - Even considering MA is kind of cheating since it was college and I lived off loans and credit cards, but it was awesome to be surrounded by interesting smart people and experience culture beyond God, Guns, and Freedom - living in that place showed me that I don't actually hate people, I just hate most people in this country... KY was the best "real life" place so far in that it was warm-ish and affordable and we were 30-60 minutes from some decent cities with a non-zero amount of 'cosmopolitan' people/stuff around, though it was still too Southern culture-wise for us.

#3 Metro Detroit - Grew up there, it's what I know. It's fine.

#4 Bloomsburg, PA - Tiny town in the middle of nowhere but it does have a medium sized college so there was at least some activity besides raising kids and going to church.

#5 Williamsport, PA - Slightly larger town in the middle of nowhere. Somehow waaaaay more expensive than it should have been considering almost everyone there is poor. We were treated very much like we didn't belong there, but we did at least have a nice house.

#666 Corning. Fuck this place. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What's good everyone ?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:howdy: y'all.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:mahtroy: , has the wife told her boss that she's :gtfo: in 9 days yet?
:popcorn:
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am What's good everyone ?
Been a week now and my air bag light hasn't come on yet.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The weather here in Rochester. 30 degrees!
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:19 am
:fuckyeah: man a faulty wiring harness is a shitty repair though.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:25 am
We're hitting 84 today... :wtf: and going to go through another draught year. :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:25 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:25 am

We're hitting 84 today... :wtf: and going to go through another draught year. :disgust:
You won't have to mow that cliff face again for a while.

How's that looking by the way?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:32 am

You won't have to mow that cliff face again for a while.

How's that looking by the way?
50% of the grass came back... but nothing is taller than 6" at the moment. When I mowed it, it was 12-18"
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:00 am

Everywhere else had its ups and downs, this place only has downs. Annoyingly I have now lived in several shitty rural/industrial towns over the past 10 years, hopefully this will be the end of that trend.

Rankings for me would go something like this:

Tie at #1 Cambridge/Boston, MA and Lawrenceburg, KY - Even considering MA is kind of cheating since it was college and I lived off loans and credit cards, but it was awesome to be surrounded by interesting smart people and experience culture beyond God, Guns, and Freedom - living in that place showed me that I don't actually hate people, I just hate most people in this country... KY was the best "real life" place so far in that it was warm-ish and affordable and we were 30-60 minutes from some decent cities with a non-zero amount of 'cosmopolitan' people/stuff around, though it was still too Southern culture-wise for us.

#3 Metro Detroit - Grew up there, it's what I know. It's fine.

#4 Bloomsburg, PA - Tiny town in the middle of nowhere but it does have a medium sized college so there was at least some activity besides raising kids and going to church.

#5 Williamsport, PA - Slightly larger town in the middle of nowhere. Somehow waaaaay more expensive than it should have been considering almost everyone there is poor. We were treated very much like we didn't belong there, but we did at least have a nice house.

#666 Corning. Fuck this place. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
My son went to College at Bloom....seemed like a typical nice (but not too nice) PA college town ......

I am glad you are getting out of Dante's 1st Circle of hell (Limbo) ........ There is some irony in the analogy, as you are going to one of the hottest parts of the country.... but I digress.... As I have said before, the abundance of sunny days downs there did wonders for my demeanor and outlook on life..... so may it be for you I hope....
Last edited by Irish on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
troyguitar

wap wrote::mahtroy: , has the wife told her boss that she's :gtfo: in 9 days yet?
No.

She officially turned down the new job offer which would have been the first real raise in 8 years (7%!) because they wouldn't budge on remote work. The current job is officially remote through May and talks have been bouncing back and forth between management and HR for several months now in an attempt to extend that.

No one seems to necessarily have a problem with it for her specifically, but there is also "no policy in place" and they're afraid to let anyone go because then everyone will want to go - and no new hires will be willing to relocate either.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also @Troy how are you moving your stuff down to FL? I looked into a small UHaul to move my stuff but it was $1500 for a one way trip. I'm renting a cargo van from Hertz for $25/day unlimited mileage instead. The only problem is I have to drive it back to NY, but even then it's not so bad because I'd have to come back up for one of my cars anyways.
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:Also @Troy how are you moving your stuff down to FL? I looked into a small UHaul to move my stuff but it was $1500 for a one way trip. I'm renting a cargo van from Hertz for $25/day unlimited mileage instead. The only problem is I have to drive it back to NY, but even then it's not so bad because I'd have to come back up for one of my cars anyways.
United van lines, nearly full service. We have apparently ~12000 lbs of shit (including packing materials). Sorry guys, I can't/won't move that myself and especially not this quickly and in this weather.
wap

wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:19 am

:notwrong: but if they diagnosed it correctly it should be good for the duration.

I told this story before. I went through something similar with my Mk4. Had a crazy electrical gremlin where whenever I'd try to lower my drivers window it would go down about 2" then the fuel filler door would pop open. It was so :rage: inducing. Couldn't go through a toll booth, ATM, bank drive through, etc, without having to open my door to conduct my business then having to run around the car to close the fuel door. :dillerman: tried replacing the door switch and a couple other things with no success. They finally decided to keep it for a week and call in a tech from Detroit who suggested replacing the wiring harness inside the A pillar. Car was flawless ever since. It was only my second problem I had with that car in the 11 years I owned it. The other was a slow leak that developed in it's old age in the AC system that required a recharge every other year. Paid a local shop $20 cash to do it so :aintcare:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:39 am
CaleDeRoo wrote:Also @Troy how are you moving your stuff down to FL? I looked into a small UHaul to move my stuff but it was $1500 for a one way trip. I'm renting a cargo van from Hertz for $25/day unlimited mileage instead. The only problem is I have to drive it back to NY, but even then it's not so bad because I'd have to come back up for one of my cars anyways.
United van lines, nearly full service. We have apparently ~12000 lbs of shit (including packing materials). Sorry guys, I can't/won't move that myself and especially not this quickly and in this weather.
Right you have an entire apartment to move. That makes sense in your case.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:40 am
:notwrong: but if they diagnosed it correctly it should be good for the duration.

I told this story before. I went through something similar with my Mk4. Had a crazy electrical gremlin where whenever I'd try to lower my drivers window it would go down about 2" then the fuel filler door would pop open. It was so :rage: inducing. Couldn't go through a toll booth, ATM, bank drive through, etc, without having to open my door to conduct my business then having to run around the car to close the fuel door. :dillerman: tried replacing the door switch and a couple other things with no success. They finally decided to keep it for a week and call in a tech from Detroit who suggested replacing the wiring harness inside the A pillar. Car was flawless ever since. It was only my second problem I had with that car in the 11 years I owned it. The other was a slow leak that developed in it's old age in the AC system that required a recharge every other year. Paid a local shop $20 cash to do it so :aintcare:
Interesting do you park outside ? Or any sort of rodent that may access the wiring ? Just seems like too much of a coincidence.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:35 am
wap wrote::mahtroy: , has the wife told her boss that she's :gtfo: in 9 days yet?
No.

She officially turned down the new job offer which would have been the first real raise in 8 years (7%!) because they wouldn't budge on remote work. The current job is officially remote through May and talks have been bouncing back and forth between management and HR for several months now in an attempt to extend that.

No one seems to necessarily have a problem with it for her specifically, but there is also "no policy in place" and they're afraid to let anyone go because then everyone will want to go - and no new hires will be willing to relocate either.
So there is a > 0 chance that she'll be able to keep her current gig? :nice:
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:42 am
wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:40 am

Interesting do you park outside ? Or any sort of rodent that may access the wiring ? Just seems like too much of a coincidence.
Heated garage at home and surface parking lot at work. And I live in civilization so no rodent co-inhabitants other than squirrels and rabbits and chipmunks.

I think the only "coincidence", if there indeed is one, is the fact that they were both VW's lol. Although my Scirocco and Mk6 had zero electrical issues in the combined 20+ years that I owned them.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:55 am
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:42 am

Heated garage at home and surface parking lot at work. And I live in civilization so no rodent co-inhabitants other than squirrels and rabbits and chipmunks.

I think the only "coincidence", if there indeed is one, is the fact that they were both VW's lol. Although my Scirocco and Mk6 had zero electrical issues in the combined 20+ years that I owned them.
10/4!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Living the dream :trollface:

It is annoyingly cold here, lows around 40 this morning and the next couple of days, after some fantastic spring weather. Otherwise things are good, went on a bike ride this morning, working now, heading to Myrtle Beach tonight to chill and get :drunk: this weekend or something (not really sure what we'll do at the beach as it will be unseasonably cold).
max225

Any good spots in the us for a :waxer: 1 week vacay anyone can recommend ?

Kind of tired of Hawaii at the moment
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:35 am
No.

Lol @ Corning realizing establishing a company in Corning isn’t the most future-proof idea.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:08 pm Any good spots in the us for a :waxer: 1 week vacay anyone can recommend ?

Kind of tired of Hawaii at the moment
Newport, RI?
https://www.discovernewport.org/things- ... ngs-to-do/