OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 pm As much as I enjoy driving on a race track, I find driving on public roads to be incredibly stressful. Especially in any remotely urban context. Driving a big truck or bus in a city is my idea of the most stressful job in the world.
You get used to it. In some ways it's easier than a regular car, you are big, you just inch your way into wherever you need to go.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:40 pm
wap wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Similar here. Waste disposal company provided 2 large cans, one for trash and one for recyclables, which their robot arm-equipped truck picks up every Monday. Lawn waste goes into a can that we bought and that truck is driven by one dude who gets out, dumps the can into the back of the truck, or throws the paper lawn bags back there, and drives off.

Oh, and we don't pay a fee for trash pick up. It's part of our :fullretard: property taxes. So there's that.
It's part of our :waxer: property taxes AND WE STILL HAVE TO PAY AN $11/MO FEE that's included in the water bill because reasons.

Fucking city...
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Ballz. All I want to do today is get :drunk: but I already killed everything in the house and said I'd quit for a while. That was a stupid idea.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:44 pm Ballz. All I want to do today is get :drunk: but I already killed everything in the house and said I'd quit for a while. That was a stupid idea.
Quitting is for :pussy:

I'm :drunk: on wine ATM...started drinking before I ate anything today. first time drinking in a week or so.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I just mowed the lawn.... trimmed some bushes etc... My :waxer: must think I am a :fullretard: I do my own trash, lawn, lawnscaping, interior paint, etc and I work on a 250k mile taco in the driveway....

I am not laying more own floors... because FK that for now. :oops:
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 pm I just mowed the lawn.... trimmed some bushes etc... My :waxer: must think I am a :fullretard: I do my own trash, lawn, lawnscaping, interior paint, etc and I work on a 250k mile taco in the driveway....

Poverty spec Russian. Just what everybody wants for a neighbor. Maybe throw a couple of plastic Adirondacks out front, put the feet a kiddie pool and split a pint of Popov with the AZN just for effect?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:35 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 pm I just mowed the lawn.... trimmed some bushes etc... My :waxer: must think I am a :fullretard: I do my own trash, lawn, lawnscaping, interior paint, etc and I work on a 250k mile taco in the driveway....

Poverty spec Russian. Just what everybody wants for a neighbor. Maybe throw a couple of plastic Adirondacks out front, put the feet a kiddie pool and split a pint of Popov with the AZN just for effect?
I think I’m making the house nicer than it was .... so, why not :) millennial lights and fence next, coupled with the gentrification font
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:34 pm

I think I’m making the house nicer than it was .... so, why not :) millennial lights and fence next, coupled with the gentrification font
We’ve got to get some pics of this place.
SAWCE

New gym was decent. Their outdoor area is way smaller than it looked online, but it was nice to get to lift still. Expected it to be balls hot, but being that close to the ocean Kept the temps down.. felt cooler out there than in my gym at the same time of day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

In4pics of house. Also, at least you didn’t move in and immediately leave a Corvette on jack stands in your carport for three months :lolol:

Nothing wrong with doing your own yard work. Interestingly a lot of rich people around here seem to really get off on working on their landscaping.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am of the opinion that plastic Adirondacks are the best outdoor furniture in the world. Prove me wrong.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 pm As much as I enjoy driving on a race track, I find driving on public roads to be incredibly stressful. Especially in any remotely urban context. Driving a big truck or bus in a city is my idea of the most stressful job in the world.
You get used to it. In some ways it's easier than a regular car, you are big, you just inch your way into wherever you need to go.
This is the best info I've seen.

It's pretty much how you need to drive those big 26'+ box trucks in NYC. Most people are courteous enough to let you in if you signal but other times I've had to throw my size around to get where I needed to be.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:53 am

I am of the opinion that plastic Adirondacks are the best outdoor furniture in the world. Prove me wrong.
Depends on your tolerance for increasing waste in the world. We've yet to have a plastic Adirondack chair last longer than a few years. Cheap, sure but they just go to the landfill when they break and that's a lot of plastic that's not going to biodegrade. If you don't care, then they're pretty great.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:33 am

Depends on your tolerance for increasing waste in the world. We've yet to have a plastic Adirondack chair last longer than a few years. Cheap, sure but they just go to the landfill when they break and that's a lot of plastic that's not going to biodegrade. If you don't care, then they're pretty great.
Do you even airboat bro? JB weld that shit back together.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:51 am
In4pics of house. Also, at least you didn’t move in and immediately leave a Corvette on jack stands in your carport for three months :lolol:

Nothing wrong with doing your own yard work. Interestingly a lot of rich people around here seem to really get off on working on their landscaping.
I did have a terrorist spec Tacoma on stands and wood for a hot min
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:33 am

:iono: we have a pair that have been around since before Ikew my wife, so 5+ years. They are more comfy than any of the more expensive shit we have owned, IMO, and the fact that they have zero padded/upholstered elements is great. I am certainly always trying to reduce landfilling, but I just try to focus on buying/wanting less new shit in general, having a small house certainly helps with this. I recently repaired my own company owned headset myself at home. Why waste $400 and throw away something when 10 minutes with the soldering iron can make it go for a few more years?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

3rdgenfan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:56 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:08 pm

This is the best info I've seen.

It's pretty much how you need to drive those big 26'+ box trucks in NYC. Most people are courteous enough to let you in if you signal but other times I've had to throw my size around to get where I needed to be.
Yeah I drove a 30 footer in NYC, Philly, SF, pretty much every major US city. It was tricky at times, but not too bad. 9/10 people will allow you to do your thing, the dicks who don't, well they get cut off :ohwell:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:00 am
We’ve got to get some pics of this place.
:dat:
And start a :haus: thread!
wap

:hai:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:45 am:hai:
:howdy: :wap:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Last day of my sales month and I think I'm just going to fuck off and not do anything. Our warehousing/ERP systems are totally fucked, nothing is shipping seemingly. FedEx is fucked, products aren't delivering. I won't get paid on stuff until/unless it's actually shipped and billed. I have pushed hard and actually have growth over August 2019 in my territory of over 10%, not bad in an industry that's down 30+% due to the 'VID, but I may not get any commission because our company's logistics people are fucking it all up.

:ohwell: I'm going to take a two hour lunch, attend a meeting at three and probably helicopter on out of this bitch.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:25 pm Last day of my sales month and I think I'm just going to fuck off and not do anything. Our warehousing/ERP systems are totally fucked, nothing is shipping seemingly. FedEx is fucked, products aren't delivering. I won't get paid on stuff until/unless it's actually shipped and billed. I have pushed hard and actually have growth over August 2019 in my territory of over 10%, not bad in an industry that's down 30+% due to the 'VID, but I may not get any commission because our company's logistics people are fucking it all up.

:ohwell: I'm going to take a two hour lunch, attend a meeting at three and probably helicopter on out of this bitch.
Damn. This was the first month I’ve had stuff be delayed shipping to me from Covid. Wonder why it was so much worse all the sudden.

I was going to WFH today, but had a meeting get scheduled on board my ship that I had to attend. Got there at 8:00 and was headed back to my desk by 8:20. Complete waste of time and potential WFH day.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Working fully remote today. Prepping and packing this weekend for the trip next week. Will be interesting to see how the :baby: does on the flight but luckily we have Non-stop flights so the ordeal will be over in 3 hours each way.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:00 pm Working fully remote today. Prepping and packing this weekend for the trip next week. Will be interesting to see how the :baby: does on the flight but luckily we have Non-stop flights so the ordeal will be over in 3 hours each way.
Where you heading?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:00 pm Working fully remote today. Prepping and packing this weekend for the trip next week. Will be interesting to see how the :baby: does on the flight but luckily we have Non-stop flights so the ordeal will be over in 3 hours each way.
Hopefully she'll be :thisisfine: and not :nuke: