Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:21 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Cool.
Pro tip: Fresh pineapple is juicy so I usually use this to cut it in a shallow bowl with a lid to store the cut pieces and and to save the juice, which I'll pour into a glass and mix it with orange juice, which is :muah:
Bowl to save the juice, or at least keep the chopped up pineapple in is also a solid idea. I'll do it all into a large tupperware and just seal it all up in there and pull out what I need each day.
:dat: 's :wat: we do, in either a tupperware or a pyrex if we're feeling glassy.

Just so you know, this thing (if the one you bought works like the one I posted) cuts the pineapple into basically a long spiral. I just stand it up and slice down the whole stack into quarters to make bitesize pieces.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Have you ever tried grilling fresh cut pineapple?
I've heard grilled with a little cinnamon and sugar is amazing.
Oh that sounds 5/7. Grilling caramelizes the sugar in the pineapple and seems to concentrate and enhance the sweetness a bit so I don't personally think adding sugar is necessary, but it's personal preference, of course.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Bowl to save the juice, or at least keep the chopped up pineapple in is also a solid idea. I'll do it all into a large tupperware and just seal it all up in there and pull out what I need each day.
:dat: 's :wat: we do, in either a tupperware or a pyrex if we're feeling glassy.

Just so you know, this thing (if the one you bought works like the one I posted) cuts the pineapple into basically a long spiral. I just stand it up and slice down the whole stack into quarters to make bitesize pieces.
Yeah the one I got does the same thing. So I'll spiral that bitch up, lay the whole thing on its side, and just slice it long-ways and have a bunch of semicircle slices.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:49 pm Those pineapple tools work well. I hate the taste of it but we have the tool and it really works.
Have you ever tried grilling fresh cut pineapple?
No, but I've never liked anything with any kind of pineapple or pineapple flavoring in it. Hell I haven't even owned a grill since 2015. :doomed:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:30 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Yeah the one I got does the same thing. So I'll spiral that bitch up, lay the whole thing on its side, and just slice it long-ways and have a bunch of semicircle slices.
:like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:20 pm

:jelly:

I love pineapple. They're annoying to cut up but a full pineapple at Aldi is around 1.5$, so I normally pick one up every week or two.
:bruh:
Pick up one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Pineapple-Cutter ... 8973&psc=1
Aldi sometimes has them too, for about the same price. They work great and it just goes in the dishwasher so no cleanup.
I actually have one. It is way easier, but I like the thicker chunks I cut myself a little more (and I think I get a bit more fruit out of it), so I only sometimes use the tool .
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:27 pm

I've heard grilled with a little cinnamon and sugar is amazing.
Oh that sounds 5/7. Grilling caramelizes the sugar in the pineapple and seems to concentrate and enhance the sweetness a bit so I don't personally think adding sugar is necessary, but it's personal preference, of course.
Ah yeah that makes sense.. maybe they only add cinnamon then..
SAWCE

I know we all agreed that simple burgers are generally best, but with WAP talking grilled pineapple.. grilled pineapple on a burger with just a little hit of some teriyaki sauce is a nice change up once in a while.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:40 pm I know we all agreed that simple burgers are generally best, but with WAP talking grilled pineapple.. grilled pineapple on a burger with just a little hit of some teriyaki sauce is a nice change up once in a while.
Oh wow. :notbad: 5/7 have to try.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

FIL going on for heart surgery in the next three days, blood clot, getting a stint put in. They are keeping him in the hospital until then, so I'm probably not able to see him. I don't have a lot of faith right now, and suspect more clots to come.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm not putting this in the COVID thread, but I'm definitely raising a brow considering he had his second shot two weeks ago and has been starting to see symptoms for the last few days. I thought this wasn't a concern with Pfizer?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:55 pm I'm not putting this in the COVID thread, but I'm definitely raising a brow considering he had his second shot two weeks ago and has been starting to see symptoms for the last few days. I thought this wasn't a concern with Pfizer?
Man, that's awful and I'm sorry to hear that. Whether he or you are into that kind of thing or not I sent up a little prayer for him. It makes me sick to think about all of those who are trying to make the best choice for themselves - whatever that might be - and end up being harmed by the vaccine, or maybe end up catching covid and having a tough time with the virus itself. What a crazy time.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:55 pm I'm not putting this in the COVID thread, but I'm definitely raising a brow considering he had his second shot two weeks ago and has been starting to see symptoms for the last few days. I thought this wasn't a concern with Pfizer?
I think it's super hard to conclude. Does he have a history of heart condition or high cholesterol? Who's to say he didn't already have clots?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:11 pm
I think it's super hard to conclude. Does he have a history of heart condition or high cholesterol? Who's to say he didn't already have clots?
Yeah sure, but if there's any clotting associated with a vaccine, then anyone with high cholesterol or a heart condition should not be taking it; Otherwise, it is essentially a death sentence. They might want to add that warning label.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:10 pm
Man, that's awful and I'm sorry to hear that. Whether he or you are into that kind of thing or not I sent up a little prayer for him. It makes me sick to think about all of those who are trying to make the best choice for themselves - whatever that might be - and end up being harmed by the vaccine, or maybe end up catching covid and having a tough time with the virus itself. What a crazy time.
Thank you, i appreciate that. It's sad man, I just think that they should be adding this warning if there actually is a correlation. There are a LOT of people walking around with heart conditions.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:11 pm
Yeah sure, but if there's any clotting associated with a vaccine, then anyone with high cholesterol or a heart condition should not be taking it; Otherwise, it is essentially a death sentence. They might want to add that warning label.
For sure, but at this stage, any negative publicity about any vaccine would cause hysteria, so they'll just sweep it under the rug "for the greater good".

I have high cholesterol and take a statin for it. zero issue with the vaccine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:01 pm

For sure, but at this stage, any negative publicity about any vaccine would cause hysteria, so they'll just sweep it under the rug "for the greater good".

Yeah I guess so. A good family doctor should do that at least on the D/L, but that's obviously :wrong:

Also, you're in your 30s, so that plays a part with both vaccine risks and COVID risks.
wap

It's not. From everything I've read, and I've looked into it a bit having gone through heart surgery myself, the incidents of thrombosis are statistically no different between the (Pfizer) vacced and the non-vacced. There may be a slight uptick with the Astra Zeneca vaccine, which is a big reason why Europe is going away from that vaccine. Your FIL's condition most likely would have occurred anyway had he not been vaccinated.

Side note, best of luck with your FIL. Speaking from personal experience, the things they can do these days to keep hearts pumping and healthy is absolutely :mindblown: . Really hoping for a successful outcome for him. Keep us posted!
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Didn't happen a few months ago when there was thought to be a concern with the J&J shot. And consider what happened in Europe. They did find a (small) correlation with the Astra Zeneca vaccine and thrombosis and they pretty much stopped using it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:56 pm
It's not. From everything I've read, and I've looked into it a bit having gone through heart surgery myself, the incidents of thrombosis are statistically no different between the (Pfizer) vacced and the non-vacced. There may be a slight uptick with the Astra Zeneca vaccine, which is a big reason why Europe is going away from that vaccine. Your FIL's condition most likely would have occurred anyway had he not been vaccinated.

Side note, best of luck with your FIL. Speaking from personal experience, the things they can do these days to keep hearts pumping and healthy is absolutely :mindblown: . Really hoping for a successful outcome for him. Keep us posted!
Thanks man, hope that's true. He's doing alright, they are going to insert a stent up his arm, and if anything goes sideways they'll need to open him up. Waiting on a date at this point.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:15 am
wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:56 pm

Thanks man, hope that's true. He's doing alright, they are going to insert a stent up his arm, and if anything goes sideways they'll need to open him up. Waiting on a date at this point.
That procedure is incredibly routine these days, and it's great that they're going through his arm instead of his groin like they used to do it. Recovery is much quicker that way. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Two weeks ago he volunteered to help me move this bedroom set out of my neighbors house and into ours. So there's quite a bit of :notsure: , especially paired with a few people 0-2 degrees of separation who have also had heart attacks days after being vaccinated. Three that died, and two that survived, all between the age of 52 and 75. The 52 y/o was a healthy Indian dude working a parts counter who ate well, was not overweight, didn't smoke or drink, and didn't survive.

I'm sure that said 52 y/o's heart already had a defect, and Covid would've got him anyways, but to say that the vaccines don't stress the pulmonary system and aren't responsible for a few deaths is simply wearing blinders. I'm willing to bet that none of the cases will get documented as COD being a vaccine shot.

I know that I'm probably going to piss everyone off, but this is something I want to know more about.

Bedroom set for ref:
SAWCE

Damn man. Hope your FIL ends up alright. I agree that there does seem to be some correlation in the examples you and your immediate circle are seeing. I may hold off myself a bit longer.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:41 am Two weeks ago he volunteered to help me move this bedroom set out of my neighbors house and into ours. So there's quite a bit of :notsure: , especially paired with a few people 0-2 degrees of separation who have also had heart attacks days after being vaccinated. Three that died, and two that survived, all between the age of 52 and 75. The 52 y/o was a healthy Indian dude working a parts counter who ate well, was not overweight, didn't smoke or drink, and didn't survive.

I'm sure that said 52 y/o's heart already had a defect, and Covid would've got him anyways, but to say that the vaccines don't stress the pulmonary system and aren't responsible for a few deaths is simply wearing blinders. I'm willing to bet that none of the cases will get documented as COD being a vaccine shot.

I know that I'm probably going to piss everyone off, but this is something I want to know more about.

Bedroom set for ref:
I honestly have NFC.

All of the COVID :bs: aside, I hope he pulls through man.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:35 am Damn man. Hope your FIL ends up alright. I agree that there does seem to be some correlation in the examples you and your immediate circle are seeing. I may hold off myself a bit longer.
My thoughts are that if a person is at risk then the stress from the vaccine or the virus can take them out. It's upsetting because there is a huge double standard when i consider how liberal the medical and political groups were about announcing COVID deaths, but nobody has a notepad out to chalk up vaccination injuries and deaths. If they want everyone's trust they should start by acknowledging the risks and not preface them with "extremely rare". Am i the only one seeing these events happen? Are we getting shit batches of Pfizer because of storage and transportation challenges? I don't know man.