OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:21 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Canes is so good. Try PDQ if you're in the Concord area. You won't be disappointed.

Actually you've probably had it in Florida so w/e
There was a PDQ in Cornelius back when I lived there briefly. It was indeed quite tasty. It was orginally called 'Tenders' (Tendies) and then was acquired by PDQ or something, was good under both names.
Yeah that location was a limited menu I believe, or just tenders
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:38 am Only had chick fil a once or twice. Was fine. Don’t feel the need to ever go back.
It's like Disneyland. It's OK without a line. An hour wait puts in in the no zone.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:38 am Only had chick fil a once or twice. Was fine. Don’t feel the need to ever go back.
It's like Disneyland. It's OK without a line. An hour wait puts in in the no zone.
:notwrong:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Who waits an hour for shitty ass food? It’s 5-10 min at most for that hell hole over here.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:08 pm

Who waits an hour for shitty ass food? It’s 5-10 min at most for that hell hole over here.
The "Raising Cane's" is the chicken place with the aforementioned line into the street in these parts. The line was relatively short, so I bit. I found the chicken fingers kind of small, lacking in spice, and lacking in variety of dipping sauce. Hard :gtfo:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:10 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:42 pm Gonna Drop $13,494.00 on a new HVAC system tomorrow. Old one started having enough issues that entering a new summer season with a sketch A/C was not an acceptable option. We tried the "Nest" with the old one and it simply did not work for the heat, had to switch back to conventional thermostat.

Truth be told dual inverter compressors, and having dudes to through a small hole into your hot attic and remove the heater/air handler/ A/C coil and install an entirely new system for that amount seems kind of :notbad: to me. 10 year warranty on errthang.

It's not like I could do it myself.
How old is the existing system?

Yay house shit. I just paid $1500 to re point the entire front of our house due to a water leak, still have to fix the water damage inside.

Nasty bitch installed and cooling. Total time of install 7 hours.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:24 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:08 pm

The "Raising Cane's" is the chicken place with the aforementioned line into the street in these parts. The line was relatively short, so I bit. I found the chicken fingers kind of small, lacking in spice, and lacking in variety of dipping sauce. Hard :gtfo:
Popeyes is the best chicken fast food IMO.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:24 pm

Popeyes is the best chicken fast food IMO.
It is indeed legit.
Desertbreh

The problem with fast food (every once in a while, not errday) is not the quality of the product, processes, and result IF DONE CORRECTLY. If a perfectly trained, hygenic Popeye's employee does what they are supposed to do, the result is yummy. I think the reason Chick Fila and In n Out Burger have the followings they do is because their employees are paid better than the average FFW, and their staffs are better managed. Fresh fast food, properly prepared, can be good. Heat lamp beater fast food touched by disgusting employees is disgusting.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

It's been fast food chat on DFD today.

Any of youse guys have Portillo's in your areas?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:34 pm The problem with fast food (every once in a while, not errday) is not the quality of the product, processes, and result IF DONE CORRECTLY. If a perfectly trained, hygenic Popeye's employee does what they are supposed to do, the result is yummy. I think the reason Chick Fila and In n Out Burger have the followings they do is because their employees are paid better than the average FFW, and their staffs are better managed. Fresh fast food, properly prepared, can be good. Heat lamp beater fast food touched by disgusting employees is disgusting.
You’re definitely on to something here.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:41 pm It's been fast food chat on DFD today.

No, I thought it was a Chicago only thing for some reason… pretty sure we are there the one time I went to Chicago. Don’t remember what I got, but it was tasty.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

No but I've had it in chi-town
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:50 pm

No, I thought it was a Chicago only thing for some reason… pretty sure we are there the one time I went to Chicago. Don’t remember what I got, but it was tasty.
Yeah it started in the Chicago suburbs but the owners sold it for like 10 figures and it's slowly spreading out across the country. They're known for their Chicago hot dogs and :drool: burgers. Their locations routinely have cars backed up on to the street and many towns designate a cop or 2 to manage the traffic during lunch hour. The place is run very efficiently. They have workers walk down the row of cars taking orders and radioing them in so the food is ready by the time you get to the window. Inside, I counted once, they have something like 20 people working in the kitchen. It's a great place and a :notbad: experience. Oh, and they make a chocolate cake that is fantastic. They also have a chocolate cake shake with bits of cake in it that is :mindblown:
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:51 pm

And...?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:22 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:51 pm

And...?
I'd stop for a beef occasionally if I had access. I need to try Buona though.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:26 pm
wap wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:22 pm

And...?
I'd stop for a beef occasionally if I had access. I need to try Buona though.
Their Italian beef is also pretty good, as is Buona. I'd say they're comparable with their Italian beef, which is a compliment to both.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Speaking of fast food. :tits: and I were discussing about that, and I told her that one time I had hardees, which was absolutely disgusting. She looked at me like :dafuq: but then again that Hardees was in a really rundown town right by i81 in Virginia when I was driving to Nashville
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

I just did steak this weekend, but Albertson’s/Safeway has bone in ribeyes on sale for Mother’s Day at $5.47/lb.. might have to cop some of those for Sunday.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:31 am I just did steak this weekend, but Albertson’s/Safeway has bone in ribeyes on sale for Mother’s Day at $5.47/lb.. might have to cop some of those for Sunday.
:drool:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am in Florida. Going to take in the sights and sounds of F1 and other things like being with family and friends. Happy to be back here.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:57 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:31 am I just did steak this weekend, but Albertson’s/Safeway has bone in ribeyes on sale for Mother’s Day at $5.47/lb.. might have to cop some of those for Sunday.
Right? I know you lose some of the weight to that bone, but should be minimal and still end up with a cheap, tasty steak.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:42 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:57 am
Right? I know you lose some of the weight to that bone, but should be minimal and still end up with a cheap, tasty steak.
Meh. I love the bone in because the meat closest to the bone is the best, and usually lost when going boneless. Worth it.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:47 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:42 am

Meh. I love the bone in because the meat closest to the bone is the best, and usually lost when going boneless. Worth it.
Agreed. The steak as a whole tends to be a little more flavorful when cooked with that bone in there.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 am I am in Florida. Going to take in the sights and sounds of F1 and other things like being with family and friends. Happy to be back here.
:fuckyeah: dude
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.