Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tar wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:15 am
wap wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:11 am Wow. Tre. :fuckyeah:
Post whoring! :fuckyeah:
Clicked "submit" a couple times because the site temporarily froze and this was the result. :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:17 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:14 am

I was drinking last night and felt like stringing together some expletives.
Glad to provide you an outlet for your verbal diarrhea. :zing:
At least I only said it once.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:19 am

Touché.
:lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Oh god dammit, :lolol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:05 am
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:21 am Wifey and I make Palomas somewhat regularly. Fresca, fresh lime juice, and tequila. Easy, light, :notbad: .
That sounds :megusta:
Yeah man, is good. Especially relative to the effort required.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:21 am Wifey and I make Palomas somewhat regularly. Fresca, fresh lime juice, and tequila. Easy, light, :notbad: .
I sometimes add a grapefruit LaCroix to my tequila and lime juice which is good. Same thing basically but a bit less sweet. Dang, I may just serve up some tequila or beer today at like 3 PM. Fuck work.

Nothing really negative going on with work right now, just tired of it for this week.

What does everyone have cookin' for this weekend?

We will be attending a wedding tomorrow and the associated Friday night party tonight. Should be fun, somehow Allison's friends who are teachers are all rich as fuck and this wedding is a full country club blow out with eight piece live band, drinks tonight on them at this old mansion https://dukemansion.com/ that's famous here, should be a pretty dece time. Some of the other husbands/boy friends of this group are pretty cool.

The downside is that I head out early Sunday morning to Las Vegas and will be building a trade show booth all day. That will be exhausting after two nights of partying.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:12 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:00 am
Calking is such a PITA. Seems like it should be a simple job, yet never is from my experience. I feel ya on that one.

My motivation is gone and my day is brutal. Can't wait for today to be over.

Going on Sunday to excavate my dad's new 1980 Corvette. 8k miles, been parked in a garage/barn for the last 35 years. That should be some bit of fun I hope...
Ok, the barn find part is interesting. Didn't your old man dislike your C5? This is a C3 from the worst era. Explain.
I look forward to seeing pictures of this thing and never having to drive it or try to get in it. It's a really :neat: project/cool father son thing, but man... I'm glad it's Chris's dad and not Chris who paid money for a car that drives far worse than a 1978 Wrangler.

There is zero chance Chris can get into a C3, I almost can't and he's like 5-6" taller than me. And they just drive sooooo bad :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Calking is such a PITA. Seems like it should be a simple job, yet never is from my experience. I feel ya on that one.

Going on Sunday to excavate my dad's new 1980 Corvette. 8k miles, been parked in a garage/barn for the last 35 years. That should be some bit of fun I hope...
Ok, the barn find part is interesting. Didn't your old man dislike your C5? This is a C3 from the worst era. Explain.
I mentioned this here somewhere, must not have been in this thread.

My old man has a life-long friend that's a car hoarder. He recently fell on hard times financially, and my old man wanted to help. The guy is too proud to just take money, so he offered my dad one of his cars that's closest to running to flip.

That happens to be a 1980 Corvette that the guy special ordered in 1980 after his 1970 Corvette burned up (he still has the carcass). It's a 4-speed manual car, the guy claims it's an L82 (which would make it obscenely rare, so we'll see if that's true), burgundy on red interior, and it currently has 8k miles on it. He drove it for a few years, parked it for other things (crotchfruit, etc), and it's been sitting ever since in his barn under a cover for ~35 years 100% factory original down to the tires. The entire car is apparently pristine (we'll see), but obviously it's going to need some major work to get running again after sitting for so long.

Should look something like:

Old man is going to get it running and sell it. He hates Corvettes, so this is just a tinker project to help out a friend. I'm curious to see if I can actually drive it (probably too small for my linebacker build), but if I can, I may take it as my own tinker project for a while. I actually think the 80-82 C3 is the best looking of the rubber bumper cars, but it'll be slow and shitty so :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Glans Hustaf
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Nothing Impressive

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:34 am Soda based cocktails? Interesting

I had a whiskey last night. Just poured it into a glass. Zero effort put into it. I had re caulked the tub and was pretty tired. Unfortunately it bubbled in two spots so I get to fix that tonight. Just another night without a shower I guess.

Man I’m unmotivated today.

Interesting choice of brub tub.

Caulking is indeed a pain, though. Apparently ammonia-free glass cleaner is a hack the pros use to clean up the bead after laying it.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:37 am

I look forward to seeing pictures of this thing and never having to drive it or try to get in it. It's a really :neat: project/cool father son thing, but man... I'm glad it's Chris's dad and not Chris who paid money for a car that drives far worse than a 1978 Wrangler.

There is zero chance Chris can get into a C3, I almost can't and he's like 5-6" taller than me. And they just drive sooooo bad :disgust:
If by some magic I can fit in the thing, it would be fun to cruise around town in with the t-tops off. I'm too old/boring to have a corner carver or anything anymore, so it could be fun in its throwback way.

BTW, 80's got telescoping steering wheels that allegedly help with legroom for tall people. We'll see...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:34 am Soda based cocktails? Interesting

I had a whiskey last night. Just poured it into a glass. Zero effort put into it. I had re caulked the tub and was pretty tired. Unfortunately it bubbled in two spots so I get to fix that tonight. Just another night without a shower I guess.

Man I’m unmotivated today.

Yeah caulk. I refuse to cut all that shit out. I’ll try just repairing the bubbled spot and see what that does. I’ve got a solid 1/4” gap between the tub and tile (house has good bones tho 🥴) and had to use a foam backer thing. I doubt I’d be able to even get it all that new caulk cleaned out.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

“House has good bones though” just means there’s a higher likelihood of knob and tube, horse hair plaster walls, asbestos, termite damage, and a broken cast iron sewer pipe under your foundation.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:51 am “House has good bones though” just means there’s a higher likelihood of knob and tube, horse hair plaster walls, asbestos, termite damage, and a broken cast iron sewer pipe under your foundation.
:dat: :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

Sack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:44 am

Interesting choice of brub tub.

Caulking is indeed a pain, though. Apparently ammonia-free glass cleaner is a hack the pros use to clean up the bead after laying it.
Brub tub wasn't really a choice, it is what it is.

Interesting on glass cleaner for caulk. I'll need to look into that. I've used tape in the past with decent results, but it takes a lot of work.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:43 am

My old man has a life-long friend that's a car hoarder. He recently fell on hard times financially, and my old man wanted to help. The guy is too proud to just take money, so he offered my dad one of his cars that's closest to running to flip.

That happens to be a 1980 Corvette that the guy special ordered in 1980 after his 1970 Corvette burned up (he still has the carcass). It's a 4-speed manual car, the guy claims it's an L82 (which would make it obscenely rare, so we'll see if that's true), burgundy on red interior, and it currently has 8k miles on it. He drove it for a few years, parked it for other things (crotchfruit, etc), and it's been sitting ever since in his barn under a cover for ~35 years 100% factory original down to the tires. The entire car is apparently pristine (we'll see), but obviously it's going to need some major work to get running again after sitting for so long.

Old man is going to get it running and sell it. He hates Corvettes, so this is just a tinker project to help out a friend. I'm curious to see if I can actually drive it (probably too small for my linebacker build), but if I can, I may take it as my own tinker project for a while. I actually think the 80-82 C3 is the best looking of the rubber bumper cars, but it'll be slow and shitty so :iono:
I don't think you can drive this car. My buddy had an auto and it is near impossible to get into. The wheel doesn't tilt, my right leg barely fit under the wheel, I had to like contort it and pull it through with my arms. There's no way I could drive a manual (his was an auto) as my legs couldn't move AT ALL while in the driver's seat, wouldn't be able to clutch in/out. I am 6'1" and 180 pounds.

That said, you should try. I think C3s look really cool, would be a neat cruiser and a little more fun with the four speed. They really drive horribly though. My buddy's was a '68, same year as my dad's Citroen DS. Those are the only two cars I've driven of that era, but the Citroen was soooooo much better in the braking/handling department, it's ridiculous. And that is a luxury sedan against a sports car. Both were pretty slow in a straight line, but I think the 'vette would win out there. This C3 was also very mint, he paid over $30K for it and just sold it for something like $40K.

The interior space makes an NA Miata feel like driving a Silverado.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:46 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:37 am

If by some magic I can fit in the thing, it would be fun to cruise around town in with the t-tops off. I'm too old/boring to have a corner carver or anything anymore, so it could be fun in its throwback way.

BTW, 80's got telescoping steering wheels that allegedly help with legroom for tall people. We'll see...
Tilt too? That may be your saving grace. IIRC head room was kind of dece, and your head likely isn't that much higher than mine as I'm all torso/short legs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:30 am Oh god dammit, :lolol:
:lol:
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:30 am Oh god dammit, :lolol:
Wait. You didn't do that on purpose for :trollface: ??
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:51 am “House has good bones though” just means there’s a higher likelihood of knob and tube, horse hair plaster walls, asbestos, termite damage, and a broken cast iron sewer pipe under your foundation.
What does “knob and tube” mean ?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:43 am

Curious to see it.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:35 am
I sometimes add a grapefruit LaCroix to my tequila and lime juice which is good. Same thing basically but a bit less sweet. Dang, I may just serve up some tequila or beer today at like 3 PM. Fuck work.

Nothing really negative going on with work right now, just tired of it for this week.

We will be attending a wedding tomorrow and the associated Friday night party tonight. Should be fun, somehow Allison's friends who are teachers are all rich as fuck and this wedding is a full country club blow out with eight piece live band, drinks tonight on them at this old mansion https://dukemansion.com/ that's famous here, should be a pretty dece time. Some of the other husbands/boy friends of this group are pretty cool.

The downside is that I head out early Sunday morning to Las Vegas and will be building a trade show booth all day. That will be exhausting after two nights of partying.
That mansion looks 5/7! Sounds like you'll have a :fuckyeah: time tonight and tomorrow. And pay for it all on Sunday. :dislike: :(
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:35 am I sometimes add a grapefruit LaCroix to my tequila and lime juice which is good. Same thing basically but a bit less sweet. Dang, I may just serve up some tequila or beer today at like 3 PM. Fuck work.

:doit:

I'll be joining you. Fuck work and fuck not drinkin' on the 'rona. I feel 100% normal aside from some very minor sinus inflammation. Still tested positive this morning, doe. :ayfkm:

Wedding sitch sounds :notbad:. Vegas trip also sounds dece, if exhausting.

Me still testing positive means I'm still on total lockdown this weekend for obvious reasons. Very much hoping that changes tomorrow so we can get back to normal life on Monday.