OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:08 pm
Whoa whoa whoa. Stop right here. Most guys look at their trainers physique to judge whether or not they know what they are doing. Pretty much got that nailed yeah? You've placed highly in every competition you've entered. You know RIDICULOUS amounts about nutrition because frankly, you're interested. I would happily shell out cash to have you set up a regime for me. In fact, the only reason I do not is because I simply am not dedicated enough to follow your plan without deviation.
:dat:

If I could seriously stick to it I would but I don’t want to waste your time and effort. I planned to get back to the gym after Ramadan and it’s been like a month since then and I have yet to even sign up for a membership :lolol:
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:22 am
razr390 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:50 am

My brother in Christ you are NOT poor. Have a bit of fucking perspective please. Look at what’s below you not just what’s on top of you
Agreed, comparisons needs to stop.
:dat: Comparing to others is just a losing game. It's really easy to forget all of those who are struggling with life in so many ways and focus on those who seem to have so much. What's on the surface is all :bs: anyway.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:10 am

It's what you like? Why wouldn't you?
I’ve done a little bit, but I get imposter syndrome and feel like I don’t belong in that space for whatever reason.

I think what I need to do is offer training/meal plans for free to a small handful of people, use their transformation pics to build my resume as a coach, and then offer the services to more people for $$.

The issue with that is that when it’s free, people don’t take it as seriously and they don’t follow the plan, or just stop checking in, etc.

Ideally I’d do most stuff online and offer customized workout and meal plans, then do in-person training here and there locally to supplement that.
I totally agree with Breh but also understand. Hell, I have imposter syndrome all of the time in my day job, and people hired me to do the shit.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:08 am
:dat: Comparing to others is just a losing game. It's really easy to forget all of those who are struggling with life in so many ways and focus on those who seem to have so much. What's on the surface is all :bs: anyway.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

It's tough to keep things in perspective sometimes, and it's in our nature to compare ourselves to others. There's really no good that can come from it. I need to work on that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

adoob wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:21 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:08 pm
Whoa whoa whoa. Stop right here. Most guys look at their trainers physique to judge whether or not they know what they are doing. Pretty much got that nailed yeah? You've placed highly in every competition you've entered. You know RIDICULOUS amounts about nutrition because frankly, you're interested. I would happily shell out cash to have you set up a regime for me. In fact, the only reason I do not is because I simply am not dedicated enough to follow your plan without deviation.

If I could seriously stick to it I would but I don’t want to waste your time and effort. I planned to get back to the gym after Ramadan and it’s been like a month since then and I have yet to even sign up for a membership :lolol:
I hate the gym. I don't know why, I just do. I find exercising at home on my own schedule works the best, but that's also hard needing equipment, education, motivation, etc. Gotta find whatever works for you, but just being active and moving is a huge step.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:11 am
adoob wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:21 am

I hate the gym. I don't know why, I just do. I find exercising at home on my own schedule works the best, but that's also hard needing equipment, education, motivation, etc. Gotta find whatever works for you, but just being active and moving is a huge step.
Especially as you get older. Fortunately, I love to walk and do so as often as I can. But I'm also a lazy fuck so I sometimes have to force myself to get my ass off the couch and do SOMETHING that involves moving, and I always feel better for it afterward.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:40 am
Detroit wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:11 am
Especially as you get older. Fortunately, I love to walk and do so as often as I can. But I'm also a lazy fuck so I sometimes have to force myself to get my ass off the couch and do SOMETHING that involves moving, and I always feel better for it afterward.
Walking by itself is huge. People greatly underestimate the power of just getting off your ass and walking throughout the day. Joints feel better, blood pressure lowers, fasting glucose levels tend to drop, helps with weight management burning some extra calories. Our bodies are designed to walk several miles a day and I’ll bet most of the American population gets well under 5k steps a day on average.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:10 am

It's tough to keep things in perspective sometimes, and it's in our nature to compare ourselves to others. There's really no good that can come from it. I need to work on that.

It's easier said than done to :aintcare: but worth thinking about it and trying.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:43 am

Walking by itself is huge. People greatly underestimate the power of just getting off your ass and walking throughout the day. Joints feel better, blood pressure lowers, fasting glucose levels tend to drop, helps with weight management burning some extra calories. Our bodies are designed to walk several miles a day and I’ll bet most of the American population gets well under 5k steps a day on average.
All :dat:
I shoot for a minimum of 8k steps/day and fairly frequently end the week at around 70k. I found that even forcing myself to walk a few miles when I last threw my back out helped it tremendously. It seemed like just the constant movement of hips and shoulders, coupled with the gentle impact on the spine with each step, acted like a light, 1 hour massage and I felt totally limbered up and pain free at the end of the walk.
We are indeed engineered for movement.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 am

I shoot for a minimum of 8k steps/day and fairly frequently end the week at around 70k. I found that even forcing myself to walk a few miles when I last threw my back out helped it tremendously. It seemed like just the constant movement of hips and shoulders, coupled with the gentle impact on the spine with each step, acted like a light, 1 hour massage and I felt totally limbered up and pain free at the end of the walk.
:fuckyeah:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:10 am
wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 am
:fuckyeah:
:wub: :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

In April my company did a step challenge among other groups in the company. I'd never tracked my steps before that, so I decided to take part. April, the weather is GARBAGE here, so the walking was all in the house. I was astonished to find that I would routinely only walk 2k steps a day because I work from home! Holy hell that's nothing. I rode the Peloton as much as I could to help boost activity, but it was really eye opening how little I move on a typical day if I don't force myself to get up.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:43 am
Detroit wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:10 am

It's easier said than done to :aintcare: but worth thinking about it and trying.
It's something I've been striving to do for a while now, but my brain always wants to slip back to comparisons. It's really difficult, but critical for mental health (mine at least)
SAWCE

Quoting broker for me.
Re: Detroit’s step challenge post:

Oh yeah, being stuck indoors makes it way harder. Getting outside for those steps has the added bonus of just being able to take in some nature, get some sunlight to boost vitamin d, and just getting away from screens and shit. I usually do my morning cardio on a treadmill, but with Michelle out of town I’ve been taking the dog out with me to get her exercise in since M is usually the one that doesn’t that when she’s here and it’s been so nice that I plan on keeping that as my routine until I have to get more serious about cardio when I’m prepping for a competition.
wap

Hey :sawce: , question for you.

Is there any :science: that suggests that walking after eating a meal helps with digestion and/or weight management compared to walking at other times? Reason I'm asking is that an after evening meal walk is an integral part of the Mediterranean lifestyle and since so many other habits from that part of the world, such as diet and mid-day napping, etc., have been shown to be good for you, I was just wondering if they were right again about the timing of a walk being extra beneficial.

Fun fact, the post-evening meal walk is so integrated in the Greek lifestyle that there is actually a specific word for that particular walk.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:03 pm Hey :sawce: , question for you.

Is there any :science: that suggests that walking after eating a meal helps with digestion and/or weight management compared to walking at other times? Reason I'm asking is that an after evening meal walk is an integral part of the Mediterranean lifestyle and since so many other habits from that part of the world, such as diet and mid-day napping, etc., have been shown to be good for you, I was just wondering if they were right again about the timing of a walk being extra beneficial.

Fun fact, the post-evening meal walk is so integrated in the Greek lifestyle that there is actually a specific word for that particular walk.
Yes! I’d have to do some digging to find studies I’ve read, but the science supports improved digestion, lower blood glucose levels since you start burning the food off immediately, and lower blood pressure from walking immediately after a meal. 10 minutes seems to be the sweet spot, but there’s no harm in going longer if you’re on a nice stroll and feel like continuing.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:18 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:03 pm Hey :sawce: , question for you.

Yes! I’d have to do some digging to find studies I’ve read, but the science supports improved digestion, lower blood glucose levels since you start burning the food off immediately, and lower blood pressure from walking immediately after a meal. 10 minutes seems to be the sweet spot, but there’s no harm in going longer if you’re on a nice stroll and feel like continuing.
:fuckyeah: Interesting! Thanks for the reply. Yet another piece of the Mediterranean lifestyle that would do us good to emulate.

Incidentally, the word for after dinner stroll is "volta".
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:18 pm

:fuckyeah: Interesting! Thanks for the reply. Yet another piece of the Mediterranean lifestyle that would do us good to emulate.

Mediterranean and/or Japanese diets are absolutely the way that just about everybody should be eating.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:51 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:37 pm

Mediterranean and/or Japanese diets are absolutely the way that just about everybody should be eating.
Blowfish :doe: :nope:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Blowfish :doe: :nope:
Dat poison
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

What’s all this user not found hoopla for bendy and Z man?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:58 pm What’s all this user not found hoopla for bendy and Z man?
Oh dang, Zack :nope: ed out too? Man.
wap

:pouroneout:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:19 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:58 pm What’s all this user not found hoopla for bendy and Z man?
Oh dang, Zack :nope: ed out too? Man.
Kind of interesting. He started the place and all.