Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:39 pm

:dat:

I've learned the :haus: projects will never end, and our house is pretty nice/small/easy.

:aintcare: I don't mind doing them at all but they also are a lower priority than doing stuff we love. Fortunately :tits: and I tend to be on the same page here. I'm very productive so she is cool with me doing other shit.
Ah cucksquad member checking in...
The house projects truly never end... I am currently working on solar, thinking of remodeling the bathrooms, repainting the outside and building a gate up front... on top of that wanted to set up a drip system for trees. :yikes:

Like after a while it is not fun and it is sucking up WAY more money than any car hobby I have ever had.
Yeah man, you have to draw the line somewhere. Fortunately my :tits: would rather :troywax: on travel and whatnot than :haus: shit and she is pretty cool with understanding a lot of this stuff is 80-100% for her and I'm :aintcare: I'm not getting a CTR but we're going to Hawaii, Arizona, Outer Banks, NC Mountains and Iceland this summer. I'd likely take the car but I'd rather blow dough on the travel than house :bs:

We have come a long way with the yard and are trying to chill on things for a while.

We will likely want to move out of here in 3-5 years I think, so that is ammunition to not go overboard with projects.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:56 am

Go on.
It was apparently founded by mennonites as a bible camp for adults basically. The church group owns all the land and leases it to the residents. Beaches are closed till noon on Sunday’s because people are supposed to go to church.

We’ve received about 4 door hangers so far of bible studies and churches. One DVD that had 3 Jesus movies on it.

The entire town is white. Wypipo everywhere. Pretty sure the church group has pretty... strict... requirements to be a homeowner.

We found all this out after we got here.

https://www.oceangrovenj.com/about
Wow.

:nevermind:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm
D Griff wrote:

I've learned the :haus: projects will never end, and our house is pretty nice/small/easy.

:aintcare: I don't mind doing them at all but they also are a lower priority than doing stuff we love. Fortunately :tits: and I tend to be on the same page here. I'm very productive so she is cool with me doing other shit.
My projects are more along the lines of figuring out how to put everything away, not building pallet planters. This is the living room right now... :thisisfine:

Yeah, that is worth completing. Good luck.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:41 pm
Ah cucksquad member checking in...
The house projects truly never end... I am currently working on solar, thinking of remodeling the bathrooms, repainting the outside and building a gate up front... on top of that wanted to set up a drip system for trees. :yikes:

Like after a while it is not fun and it is sucking up WAY more money than any car hobby I have ever had.
Yeah man, you have to draw the line somewhere. Fortunately my :tits: would rather :troywax: on travel and whatnot than :haus: shit and she is pretty cool with understanding a lot of this stuff is 80-100% for her and I'm :aintcare: I'm not getting a CTR but we're going to Hawaii, Arizona, Outer Banks, NC Mountains and Iceland this summer. I'd likely take the car but I'd rather blow dough on the travel than house :bs:

We have come a long way with the yard and are trying to chill on things for a while.

We will likely want to move out of here in 3-5 years I think, so that is ammunition to not go overboard with projects.
Why the urge to move in 3-5?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm

We would like to have :baby: at some point we think. the :haus: could get a bit small for that, but if we do actually have a kid we would at least test the waters here and see if we could make it work as we love the location and neighbors and overall enjoy the house. I would love to have a garage someday still as well.

The flip side is, this bitch will be paid off in under 15 years with our new refi, so if we stay, we'll be in good shape down the line. Building a garage is possible but would require tearing down several trees in the back which is the best part of the house, so I'm :notsure: on that one.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm
D Griff wrote:

My projects are more along the lines of figuring out how to put everything away, not building pallet planters. This is the living room right now... :thisisfine:

:nope:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:41 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:35 pm

We would like to have :baby: at some point we think. the :haus: could get a bit small for that, but if we do actually have a kid we would at least test the waters here and see if we could make it work as we love the location and neighbors and overall enjoy the house. I would love to have a garage someday still as well.

The flip side is, this bitch will be paid off in under 15 years with our new refi, so if we stay, we'll be in good shape down the line. Building a garage is possible but would require tearing down several trees in the back which is the best part of the house, so I'm :notsure: on that one.
:word:

I don’t recall much :baby: chat from you, but that all makes sense.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:43 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Even well behaved dogs are a handful to sit. We did it once. :nope:
We are leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday :fuckyeah:

We are just sending the :doge: to be boarded at the daycare he occasionally goes to. I wouldn't put anyone through that, and he is pretty good, hasn't had an accident since like day two that we had him (April 2020), etc.
:fuckyeah: on Hawaii! In4pics.

And I think sending a :doge: to be boarded makes a lot of sense vs sticking a friend/relative with it.

Although, we sometimes do sit for my friend's rabbit, which is :nice: . Rabbits can be tricky to care for and take some experience and knowledge so we're good sitters, having had Stew for almost 10 years.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:56 am

Go on.
It was apparently founded by mennonites as a bible camp for adults basically. The church group owns all the land and leases it to the residents. Beaches are closed till noon on Sunday’s because people are supposed to go to church.

We’ve received about 4 door hangers so far of bible studies and churches. One DVD that had 3 Jesus movies on it.

The entire town is white. Wypipo everywhere. Pretty sure the church group has pretty... strict... requirements to be a homeowner.

We found all this out after we got here.

https://www.oceangrovenj.com/about
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:01 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm I still think about selling the Taco... I love the truck, but I really don't want to pass up the current value opportunity. I still can't seem to get decent carvana/vroom values. Market values are at least 10k above... Debating on listing it on the forum first... then maybe CL?

Any thoughts?
Why? You like it, you can afford it, so just enjoy it?
Because it is essentially owning the car for next to nothing for 10 months ? Seems like a no brainer.

Depreciation is about to come and I have no major trips/adventures ear marked in a few months as I took a long vacay. The way I see it is.. if I can get close to what I paid (within 2-3k) I can then buy "another one" come this winter and get a new car for the price of my current used one.

This is a gamble but I don't see why not try it out.
max225

wap wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Even well behaved dogs are a handful to sit. We did it once. :nope:

We are just sending the :doge: to be boarded at the daycare he occasionally goes to. I wouldn't put anyone through that, and he is pretty good, hasn't had an accident since like day two that we had him (April 2020), etc.
Did you have issues getting car rentals? Which island ?

I was surprised how full of tourists hawaii was at the end of feb (when we went). Now that everyone is "vaxxed and ready to party" it will get even more interesting...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:08 pm

Did you have issues getting car rentals? Which island ?

I was surprised how full of tourists hawaii was at the end of feb (when we went). Now that everyone is "vaxxed and ready to party" it will get even more interesting...
I mean, if by "trouble" you mean it was a ton of money, then yeah. We are going to Oahu for a couple of days and then five days on Kauai. Kauai the rentals were like base price of $1500 for five days in a Mirage. I managed to find a Prius on Turo for $600, which was the cheapest car on the island by more than half. I've never actually driven a Prius so I'm sort of pumped weirdly, it'll be interesting to see what they're about. I picked up an FR-S for Oahu for a reasonable amount, like ~$75/day.

We previously visited the Big Island and Maui, so it should be :neat: to experience these two, but I assume it will be crowded. Everyone is all in on travel right now, us included.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Not something I bring up here often as I don't care to be crucified for no reason.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Because it is essentially owning the car for next to nothing for 10 months ? Seems like a no brainer.

Depreciation is about to come and I have no major trips/adventures ear marked in a few months as I took a long vacay. The way I see it is.. if I can get close to what I paid (within 2-3k) I can then buy "another one" come this winter and get a new car for the price of my current used one.

Yeah I think it's a good move. You could get the :manuel: you wanted even (or try out something else).

I don't know that I'd liquidate something special that I loved but stuff like Tacomas and Corvettes are a dime a dozen, there will be plenty available and they will drop in price a bit if this :bs: ever ends.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Not something I bring up here often as I don't care to be crucified for no reason.
:mahman:

As long as you and the misses are 100% on the same page there it’s all good!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:19 pm

So much this. Many of us who go against the grain can be vocal, but all that matters is that you and your partner are on the identical page and :fuckyeah: on the way forward. I've seen too many people just go along with the flow of things and have kids and end up miserable. But I've also known many people that absolutely love it. The key is both people being on the same page.

We still haven't ruled out adoption at some point, but that's the closest we'd ever get and even that has maybe a 5% chance of happening.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

This is why I sold the JL to Vroom. We owned it for a year and a half and lost nothing. That's so much winning, I can't even. If we want another, I'll buy another with my discount. Or, probably not after owning it. Not quite what we want for that vehicle. Getting out free and clear was :mindblown:

Back in my heavy :plac: days, times like this were beyond my wildest dreams.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:19 pm

So much this. Many of us who go against the grain can be vocal, but all that matters is that you and your partner are on the identical page and :fuckyeah: on the way forward. I've seen too many people just go along with the flow of things and have kids and end up miserable. But I've also known many people that absolutely love it. The key is both people being on the same page.

We still haven't ruled out adoption at some point, but that's the closest we'd ever get and even that has maybe a 5% chance of happening.
Y’all anti-grainers are rowdy AF. :lolol:

But Griff, if ya got any questions just holler. My kiddo just turned 4. :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm

But Griff, if ya got any questions just holler. My kiddo just turned 4. :mindblown:
Well, to be fair, we're treated like insane delinquent outcasts by most of society. Most people look at us like we're missing eyes when we say we chose to not have kids. Add in the family pressure and the other societal crap (it's REALLY hard to make friends). that shit gets old. It's a really big life altering deal to procreate, and it's often not treated as such. Some people are meant to be parents, some aren't. I'm only hard on people that have kids who clearly didn't want them, or treat them as a way to fix a broken relationshit (my SIL). That's not fair to the kid(s) one bit, hence our being open to adoption at some point.

Bottom line: it's a personal choice between two people, fuck the fuck off if you disagree with it.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:16 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:08 pm

Well, to be fair, we're treated like insane delinquent outcasts by most of society. Most people look at us like we're missing eyes when we say we chose to not have kids. Add in the family pressure and the other societal crap (it's REALLY hard to make friends). that shit gets old. It's a really big life altering deal to procreate, and it's often not treated as such. Some people are meant to be parents, some aren't. I'm only hard on people that have kids who clearly didn't want them, or treat them as a way to fix a broken relationshit (my SIL). That's not fair to the kid(s) one bit, hence our being open to adoption at some point.

Bottom line: it's a personal choice between two people, fuck the fuck off if you disagree with it.
We’re all delinquent outcasts here! :gaydance:

It’s a major life decision that too many people just let fly.
Hell, I was told by my supervisor that I was being selfish for only having one kid. People are ridiculous.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Wise decision.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:01 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:36 am Hey y'all! Crazy busy weekend, with a potentially busy week ahead. Temps reached 90F on Sunday, and we hung out with my parents by the pool for hours. It was pretty nice, especially after a Saturday in a car plant slugging most of the day away in coveralls, a hard hat, and plethora of other PPE on. Cold beers flowed, and apps sustained us until we could gear up for dinner. Burgers, corn on the cob, Greek salad etc mainly put together by my mom and wife, while dad and I got to play with the kids in the pool for the majority of the dinner prep. I did clean up, and was surprised with a missed call to schedule me for an emeegency 10 pm start Sunday night to diagnose an issue with a robot. Just needed to sober up before I could go :lolol: . Thankfully, a few hours and two coffees did the trick!

Doing the online learning stitch, and still managing to get through the work day. The constant flow of work tasks is starting to condition me, and it all kind of feels like autopilot (which makes things easier). I think I'm sensing that the teachers are checked out at this point in the school year. Everyone's checked out, it's kind of a joke, but there's only really two weeks left, NBD
Man, a 10pm emergency call on a Sunday is brutal. I'm not sure I would have been able to straighten myself up at that stage like you did, nice dedication!
A moment of freedom to jump back onto the forum, sheesh.

I'm a slave to my work but I want/need to keep going for at least another decade unless I come across a wad of money or we sell one of the properties. It's the bed I wanted to make myself, add a couple of kids and I'm not feeling sorry for myself. Hopefully the efforts pay off some day. To be fair, I got a couple of calls earlier, so I knew it was a possibility and switched to coffee around 5pm.

I like the troubleshooting aspect enough to enjoy the call. It was also a really nice country drive into the colorful sky right after the sun went down. The joy is in the challenge, if that makes sense.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Interesting. I’d keep it. I like the truck.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:16 pm

We’re all delinquent outcasts here! :gaydance:

It’s a major life decision that too many people just let fly.
Hell, I was told by my supervisor that I was being selfish for only having one kid. People are ridiculous.
How the fuck is not having more kids selfish? The nerve of people, I swear.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:01 pm
Man, a 10pm emergency call on a Sunday is brutal. I'm not sure I would have been able to straighten myself up at that stage like you did, nice dedication!
A moment of freedom to jump back onto the forum, sheesh.

I'm a slave to my work but I want/need to keep going for at least another decade unless I come across a wad of money or we sell one of the properties. It's the bed I wanted to make myself, add a couple of kids and I'm not feeling sorry for myself. Hopefully the efforts pay off some day. To be fair, I got a couple of calls earlier, so I knew it was a possibility and switched to coffee around 5pm.

I like the troubleshooting aspect enough to enjoy the call. It was also a really nice country drive into the colorful sky right after the sun went down. The joy is in the challenge, if that makes sense.
I get it 100% I actually enjoy the troubleshooting aspect of my job when the opportunity arrives as well.

I'm sure your efforts will pay off. You're killing it by any objective measures, just make sure you take enough time for yourself.