OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:14 am The price point of Max's is more palatable for picking up a bottle for the house for me. Problem is, :tits: will end up making a big pitcher of margs with whatever tequila for her frands... :nope: :scrooge:
Omg no that’s not a marg tequila … I mean it can be but at that point you just get casodores or Milagro blanco.

Our Costco has a really good deal on the first one I mentioned
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:10 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:14 am The price point of Max's is more palatable for picking up a bottle for the house for me. Problem is, :tits: will end up making a big pitcher of margs with whatever tequila for her frands... :nope: :scrooge:
Omg no that’s not a marg tequila … I mean it can be but at that point you just get casodores or Milagro blanco.

So do you do neat, on the rocks? Curious on everyone's preferred drinking methods as I've really only gotten into tequila since quarantine when I realized I like it so much more than whisky.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:25 am

So do you do neat, on the rocks? Curious on everyone's preferred drinking methods as I've really only gotten into tequila since quarantine when I realized I like it so much more than whisky.
Really good tequila is room temp + nothing inside.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We are neat people.

I enjoy a Cadillac Margarita on the rocks but that's quite the high calorie beverage and it always tastes better when somebody makes it for me. Ice cold bottle of Modelo Especial or Bohemia Clara in a chilled pint glass with lime in the bottom and the high grade tequila side neat is at the forefront of Uncle Desert's calorie controlled alcoholism.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 am

We are neat people.

I enjoy a Cadillac Margarita on the rocks but that's quite the high calorie beverage and it always tastes better when somebody makes it for me. Ice cold bottle of Modelo Especial or Bohemia Clara in a chilled pint glass with lime in the bottom and the high grade tequila side neat is at the forefront of Uncle Desert's calorie controlled alcoholism.
Skinny margarita is the way to go. And one of my favorite vices. The issue is I need 4…

And now I want a chilled south of the border beer also. Thanks bro
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:54 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 am

We are neat people.

Skinny margarita is the way to go. And one of my favorite vices. The issue is I need 4…

And now I want a chilled south of the border beer also. Thanks bro
:)
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I like a good sipping tequila either room temp or with 1 small ice cube.
CSB:
I was on a cruise once, on a snorkeling catamaran, and we were served tequila mixed with Squirt. I though, :wtf: are they serving to stupid tourists, but have to admit it was tasty. At least, it would improve a cheap tequila. Anyway, later that year, on the last working day of the year, a coworker, a Mexican dood, snuck in a bottle of tequila into the building to celebrate the end of the year and a few of us met in secret to share it, and lo and behold, he served it with Squirt! Turns out it is a real Mexican thing after all.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Man there’s something damn refreshing about that ice cold Mexican beer with a lime wedge in it after being outside working in the sun. One of the rare moments I actually crave a beer.
SAWCE

Squirt and tequila is great. Tequila is my hard alcohol of choice.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:18 pm

I like a good sipping tequila either room temp or with 1 small ice cube.
CSB:
I was on a cruise once, on a snorkeling catamaran, and we were served tequila mixed with Squirt. I though, :wtf: are they serving to stupid tourists, but have to admit it was tasty. At least, it would improve a cheap tequila. Anyway, later that year, on the last working day of the year, a coworker, a Mexican dood, snuck in a bottle of tequila into the building to celebrate the end of the year and a few of us met in secret to share it, and lo and behold, he served it with Squirt! Turns out it is a real Mexican thing after all.
Mexican Radler
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:43 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:55 am

You can buy a 1.75 of Herradura Reposado at Costco for 54 bucks. Similar results on El Padrino at Total Wine. This may be your strongest argument yet for emigration.

:lolol:
:csb:
SAWCE

Went :fatty: last night and order Five Guys after having eaten my normal dinner. Showed some restraint and only got a double cheese burger and shared a thing of fries with Michelle. I like to build their burgers up with jalapeños and hot sauce and stuff like that, but kept it basic last night with mustard, pickles, and onions. The :meat: was less greasy than I’m used to from FG and that was a pleasant surprise.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What is Squirt? Poverty Sprite?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:40 pm Went :fatty: last night and order Five Guys after having eaten my normal dinner. Showed some restraint and only got a double cheese burger and shared a thing of fries with Michelle. I like to build their burgers up with jalapeños and hot sauce and stuff like that, but kept it basic last night with mustard, pickles, and onions. The :meat: was less greasy than I’m used to from FG and that was a pleasant surprise.
Man, that sounds delish. I'm trying to be pretty dang strict on the diet at the moment... It's aight, been making some good, healthy food. Attending a wedding this weekend :doe: and will likely be partying Friday/Saturday, then off to the Vegas work trip where I will eat OK but at some points it's a 'grab whatever is close by' situation. Fortunately the level of demand of the event will prevent most alcohol consumption while out there.

Mexican beer does sound good :doe: , I may go for those at this wedding.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:00 pm What is Squirt? Poverty Sprite?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirt_(soft_drink)

It is a tad more citrusy than Sprite IMHO.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Chronicles of :whocares: :

I sealed some of the aggregate stone work in the front of the house. It's two years past due and little pebbles started to come unglued. I can't wait that long from now on. $200 bucket of goop 70% gone, but I'm about 70% done so I'll work down the other side of the driveway once this dries.

The smooth surface needs something else, I think it's painted and it does not like driveway sealer at all. Save that for another day altogether.

Dropped eight bags of topsoil and grass seed as well. Significant progress with the front lawn since we moved here, we could have dropped sod but i find the seeding to be therapeutic and slightly more satisfying.

It's all pretty dece grass underneath that soil but this should get it to the next level. SMOL AF frontage, but i enjoy it without really breaking a sweat.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tar wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:08 pm Chronicles of :whocares: :

I sealed some of the aggregate stone work in the front of the house. It's two years past due and little pebbles started to come unglued. I can't wait that long from now on. $200 bucket of goop 70% gone, but I'm about 70% done so I'll work down the other side of the driveway once this dries.

The smooth surface needs something else, I think it's painted and it does not like driveway sealer at all. Save that for another day altogether.

Dropped eight bags of topsoil and grass seed as well. Significant progress with the front lawn since we moved here, we could have dropped sod but i find the seeding to be therapeutic and slightly more satisfying.

It's all pretty dece grass underneath that soil but this should get it to the next level. SMOL AF frontage, but i enjoy it without really breaking a sweat.
Ah yes, exposed aggregate needs sealing every 2 years, at least it's a simple job and looks :notbad: when complete. Generally, flat/smooth concrete doesn't need anything unless you want it to look different.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:11 pm

Ah yes, exposed aggregate needs sealing every 2 years, at least it's a simple job and looks :notbad: when complete. Generally, flat/smooth concrete doesn't need anything unless you want it to look different.
My concrete had some sealer thing on it, kind of opaque looking and shiny, but half of it seems to have faded away. I need to shop around a bit and see what i can find.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sealing is definitely an easy/satisfying job, just needed to get over the paralyzing procrastination that plagues most of my home improvement projects.
SAWCE

Dude.. squirt is awesome. Grapefruit flavored “sprite”, but imo always seems to be one of the most carbonated sodas around. That shit is so good.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:36 pm
Dude.. squirt is awesome. Grapefruit flavored “sprite”, but imo always seems to be one of the most carbonated sodas around. That shit is so good.
Bodybuilder endorsement of pop/soda, one of the worst things you can put in your body. You don't see that every day.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:06 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirt_(soft_drink)

It is a tad more citrusy than Sprite IMHO.
:dat:
It's kinda grapefruit flavored. Makes a fantastic mixer with gin.
wap

I have a real struggle with growing grass under a couple of maples in my front yard. I've slowly been planting Scotts heavy shade seed over the last couple of years but I still have a long way to go before it all fills in. I had sod laid down previously, but it only lasted a few years. :|
wap

Tar wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:17 pm Sealing is definitely an easy/satisfying job, just needed to get over the paralyzing procrastination that plagues most of my home improvement projects.
I feel you, brother. The struggle is very real.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:06 pm

I have a real struggle with growing grass under a couple of maples in my front yard. I've slowly been planting Scotts heavy shade seed over the last couple of years but I still have a long way to go before it all fills in. I had sod laid down previously, but it only lasted a few years. :|
I've seen sod go to shit. Soil, seed, repeat is my move.

This side is better, but the previous owner let it all die as they did a lot of traveling and very little watering when it counted.