OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:24 am
D Griff wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:43 am

Chips are the fuckin' worst (and the best). If I start, I'm not stopping until they're gone. I get so annoyed when Allison buys them, which is pretty frequent.

I do buy tortilla chips and usually put some on my taco salads (lunch pretty much every day while WFH). I don't have a problem if I just toss a handful on a salad/bowl for some crunch, but if I grab the bag and a bowl of salsa... game over. Or should I say, bag over.
I can make a bag of Doritos last a week and a half or so. I would rather some moderation than no chips at all.
I wish I had that discipline. A bag of Doritos is gone in one day at my house. So we don't buy them ever :(
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:28 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:24 am

I can make a bag of Doritos last a week and a half or so. I would rather some moderation than no chips at all.
I wish I had that discipline. A bag of Doritos is gone in one day at my house. So we don't buy them ever :(
Doritos are straight up crack, no one can resist once the bag is opened - breh has to be lying. :lol:

Restraint at the grocery store is my only tool. If there's junk in the house, I will eat it, I have zero will power. But at the grocery somehow I can talk myself into not buying things.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:03 am
Detroit wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:28 am
Doritos are straight up crack, no one can resist once the bag is opened - breh has to be lying. :lol:

Restraint at the grocery store is my only tool. If there's junk in the house, I will eat it, I have zero will power. But at the grocery somehow I can talk myself into not buying things.
Same! I just skip the chip aisle and manage to ignore endcaps somehow. Keeping crap out of the house is the best line of defense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

RE: Doritos

I worked at a Frito-lay factory for a day, and the smell/look of the corn they use isn't exactly appealing! It was very much in line with the smell of natural fertilizer, cow :poop: . The smell wasn't apparent until I worked there, but I could sense it in the bags for a week afterwards. It's kind of turned me off of them a little.

Chips in general are crack, we limit how much we buy but I'll grab the odd bag or two every third shopping trip.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

I find it interesting how all the dudes on here are financially sensible, don't get shithoused hammered and beat their wives and fall through glass coffee tables,etc., nor do they get fired or arrested for being stoned all the time. Ergo, you can open a whiskey bottle and not finish it, nor do you have to finish the entire bag o' weed. But Doritos are all or nothing. Maybe its an age thing, or maybe it's thinking about what is really in a bag of Doritos, but eating an entire bag is objectively disgusting, and makes you feel like complete shit. About 15 chips gives me all the salt, MSG, and crack flavoring I need.

I will concede to having to a need to have the bag forcibly removed from the front seating area on road trips.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:33 pm I find it interesting how all the dudes on here are financially sensible, don't get shithoused hammered and beat their wives and fall through glass coffee tables,etc., nor do they get fired or arrested for being stoned all the time. Ergo, you can open a whiskey bottle and not finish it, nor do you have to finish the entire bag o' weed. But Doritos are all or nothing. Maybe its an age thing, or maybe it's thinking about what is really in a bag of Doritos, but eating an entire bag is objectively disgusting, and makes you feel like complete shit. About 15 chips gives me all the salt, MSG, and crack flavoring I need.

I will concede to having to a need to have the bag forcibly removed from the front seating area on road trips.
I think it's :dat: . It is for me, anyway. When I was a teenager, one of my favorite ways to relax an evening away was to open a bag of Doritos and crack open a new copy of a David E. Davis-era Car and Driver and munch and read it cover to cover.

Now? I haven't had a single 'Rito in I don't know how many years. Maybe decades? And I'm ok with that. Now if I snack it'll be on no-salt tortilla chips or a hard boiled egg, or a clementine. :wap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:33 pm I find it interesting how all the dudes on here are financially sensible, don't get shithoused hammered and beat their wives and fall through glass coffee tables,etc., nor do they get fired or arrested for being stoned all the time. Ergo, you can open a whiskey bottle and not finish it, nor do you have to finish the entire bag o' weed. But Doritos are all or nothing. Maybe its an age thing, or maybe it's thinking about what is really in a bag of Doritos, but eating an entire bag is objectively disgusting, and makes you feel like complete shit. About 15 chips gives me all the salt, MSG, and crack flavoring I need.

Well, it's how I treat "addiction". If I couldn't put down a bottle of whiskey until it was gone, I wouldn't buy it anymore either. Same with weed or any other substance. I'm trying really hard to get un :fatty: and for me, the only way that works is daily calorie deficit with close eye on what I am taking in. Any sort of junk food needs to be treated like heroin in my house...it has no place.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:32 pm

I think it's :dat: . It is for me, anyway. When I was a teenager, one of my favorite ways to relax an evening away was to open a bag of Doritos and crack open a new copy of a David E. Davis-era Car and Driver and munch and read it cover to cover.

Now? I haven't had a single 'Rito in I don't know how many years. Maybe decades? And I'm ok with that. Now if I snack it'll be on no-salt tortilla chips or a hard boiled egg, or a clementine. :wap:
I like about 10-15 of the Cool Ranch version periodically.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Eating potato chips in my motor vehicle results in a perma ban. They are the absolute worst to clean… and then you have “Cheeto” fingers all over the steering wheel and or screens and buttons.

Fuck :nope:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:45 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:32 pm

I like about 10-15 of the Cool Ranch version periodically.
That’s a good amount to satisfy the craving without giving in and going full :fatty:
Cool Ranch by themselves, but man for the real :fatty: make some microwave nachos with the nacho cheese doritos :drool:
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:24 pm Eating potato chips in my motor vehicle results in a perma ban. They are the absolute worst to clean… and then you have “Cheeto” fingers all over the steering wheel and or screens and buttons.

Fuck :nope:
I do all the interior cleaning so I don't feel bad about a few chips on the road. I don't eat in the car otherwise doe.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Grabbed a chicken Sammie for lunch

I also told a couple hot moms there happy mother's day. Their teenage kids were not amused.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Julian and I made waffles for momma and grandma for breakfast today. Scored a lot of points there. It was basically me doing all the work and him attempting to eat raw eggs, lol.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:46 pm Grabbed a chicken Sammie for lunch

I also told a couple hot moms there happy mother's day. Their teenage kids were not amused.
Well fuck me that looks delicious.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:23 pm Julian and I made waffles for momma and grandma for breakfast today. Scored a lot of points there. It was basically me doing all the work and him attempting to eat raw eggs, lol.
Gains
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:23 pm Julian and I made waffles for momma and grandma for breakfast today. Scored a lot of points there. It was basically me doing all the work and him attempting to eat raw eggs, lol.
:nice: :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:39 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:46 pm Grabbed a chicken Sammie for lunch

Well fuck me that looks delicious.
Yeah that's a nice looking sammich
max225

So the stock market eh ?’ :thisisfine:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:03 am So the stock market eh ?’ :thisisfine:
I stopped playing/following three years ago, what's happening, black Monday?
max225

Tar wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:03 am So the stock market eh ?’ :thisisfine:
I stopped playing/following three years ago, what's happening, black Monday?
Black 2022. I’m waiting on layoff announcements… (not for me) but I’m general … they are coming for sure. House prices are also about to take an epic shit … starting with the what used to be cheap areas that appreciated the most in the last 2 years
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:
Tar wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 am I stopped playing/following three years ago, what's happening, black Monday?
Black 2022. I’m waiting on layoff announcements… (not for me) but I’m general … they are coming for sure. House prices are also about to take an epic shit … starting with the what used to be cheap areas that appreciated the most in the last 2 years
There is still a supply shortage though. I think stocks will crash, and COL will continue to rise but housing will correct rather than full crash. A lot of the markets have skyrocketed because a lot of the workforce is no longer tied to physical locations. If remote work continues, there will still be a lot of value there.
SAWCE

Took Michelle out to breakfast yesterday for MD. Hit a local spot called Biscuit’s Cafe since they were the only place I could find with Benedict’s on their menu and that is Michelle’s preferred egg consumption method. She enjoyed it. I took a gamble on their steak and eggs, was let down as I expected. Steak seemed like it had been boiled, was over cooked, and I was served scrambled eggs vs the over-easy I ordered. Oh well. Got their biscuits on the side and that made up for the rest of it. The place is aptly named after them, and both the strawberry and marionberry preserves I was served with the biscuit were delightful.
max225

rockchops wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:05 pm
max225 wrote:
There is still a supply shortage though. I think stocks will crash, and COL will continue to rise but housing will correct rather than full crash. A lot of the markets have skyrocketed because a lot of the workforce is no longer tied to physical locations. If remote work continues, there will still be a lot of value there.
I suppose peoples definition of “crash” varies widely. A return to roughly pre pandemic levels +20% is my expectation which in some cases can be quite dramatic.

Remote work … lay offs… um Things are going to get uglier before they get better … that’s my prediction for this summer
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I was in a 1 on 1 with my boss today. He mentioned he’s about 90% of the way to convincing company leadership that our work location should change. Currently our team are the only people in natural gas division working out of the center city Phila skyscraper. The rest of the gas group works out of the burbs. He’s trying to get us moved to the burbs.

Like. Maybe talk to us about that? A mandatory sudden work location change to somewhere that’s a 45-1h drive would suck. I’d need to buy a car and all the bullshit that comes with it.

Also we are currently house shopping so I guess I should put that on hold? Does any of this sound reasonable?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:44 pm I was in a 1 on 1 with my boss today. He mentioned he’s about 90% of the way to convincing company leadership that our work location should change. Currently our team are the only people in natural gas division working out of the center city Phila skyscraper. The rest of the gas group works out of the burbs. He’s trying to get us moved to the burbs.

Like. Maybe talk to us about that? A mandatory sudden work location change to somewhere that’s a 45-1h drive would suck. I’d need to buy a car and all the bullshit that comes with it.

Also we are currently house shopping so I guess I should put that on hold? Does any of this sound reasonable?
Yes. We're also moving locations... just found this out. We're all expendible and no one gives a fuck.