OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:58 pm
I would never plug anything more than a vacuum into those outlets. An AC Unit? :nope: That's part of why we had mini splits installed.

Our house had an updated panel WITH a connected sub panel and every knob and tube wire coming into the box got its own circuit. Our electrician was :mindblown: by the number of circuits, and did some testing to find that most of the knob and tube outlets had their own circuits. Some outlets were tied into lighting (obviously not great) but we knew which ones they were and limited what we plugged into them. Plus, we had LED bulbs everywhere, which as I mentioned is a drastically reduced draw compared to early incandescent lights.

Point is, knob and tube CAN be fine. Just depends on the condition.
Sure. And my point was that most :derp: s have no clue how their house is wired or how to safely use K&T electrical service.
:impressive: setup on your previous :haus: , too!
That house was special. Original owners managed to live in the house for 60 years, so it was unmolested until the mid-70's. Apparently the next owners had a bunch of kids and did nothing to the house for 10 years, then the people we bought it from inherited a mess. The dude told me he went overkill on the electrical because he didn't want to disturb the K&T since it was in great shape never have been touched. The electrical even got a clean bill of health in inspection when we sold it.

SO K&T isn't necessarily the end of the world, but it needs to be properly managed/maintained.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:40 pm And like. I had to turn off 3 circuits to finally kill the power to the ceiling fan in the one bedroom. Turn any one back on and it would register hot again.

Dem bones tho 🥰
Did you get a house ? I must have missed it somehow
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:40 pm And like. I had to turn off 3 circuits to finally kill the power to the ceiling fan in the one bedroom. Turn any one back on and it would register hot again.

Dem bones tho 🥰
Did you get a house ? I must have missed it somehow
Naw, this is all my rowhome in south philly
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote:And like. I had to turn off 3 circuits to finally kill the power to the ceiling fan in the one bedroom. Turn any one back on and it would register hot again.

Dem bones tho Image
I know this feel. I found out we had a shared neutral the hard way. Had to shut off all circuits to the house after that, got a nice zap.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I tequila’d last night. Found some Don Julio Anejo at the liquor store. It was pretty good to sip. They had the one max suggested but just a reposado and I was in an anjeo mood.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:55 am I tequila’d last night. Found some Don Julio Anejo at the liquor store. It was pretty good to sip. They had the one max suggested but just a reposado and I was in an anjeo mood.
4/7! Excellent
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:55 am I tequila’d last night. Found some Don Julio Anejo at the liquor store. It was pretty good to sip. They had the one max suggested but just a reposado and I was in an anjeo mood.
Nothing wrong with this
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

So for the Florida trip. Little 5/7 :popcorn: story. So :tits: grew up in Spring Hill, which is basically roseville, ca of tampa. Lots of lifted trucks. Her parents still have their house there, even though they don't live there anymore.

Anyway, she wanted me to see her house, so we went in, walked around the backyard. We made out a little in the backyard, before we knew there were cameras all over the house. So the mom called :tits: and asked let me see you, we got cameras now. Well the mom and her little sister saw their daughter and older sister kissing me, and sister was :disgust: . She hasn't disclosed about me to her dad because he is the gossiper in the family. She isn't ready for a million questions for her aunts, etc.

Just today, her :manuel: dad was like who is this panzo (which basically means someone with a beer belly), and he saw what happened. Then proceeded to tell his wife why didn't he knew about this. So today dad has found out.

So I will be meeting with her mom and her little sis when they'll visit dc in a few weeks. Then along with the dad sometime this upcoming november as he works across the country
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Busted by cameras. :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Why the hell do we have two active OT’s. Whoever runs this place should be beat up
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:40 pm Why the hell do we have two active OT’s. Whoever runs this place should be beat up
:whocares:
All threads are basically OT
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

BTW I fixed the multi-reddit page I made for us. I guess it switched to private at some point

https://www.reddit.com/user/spacerunner ... le_factory

nsfw!
wap

datgrundle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:03 pm BTW I fixed the multi-reddit page I made for us. I guess it switched to private at some point

nsfw!
:like:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

datgrundle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:03 pm BTW I fixed the multi-reddit page I made for us. I guess it switched to private at some point

nsfw!
Um... :boner:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.