The resident Turk vehicular thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:23 pm FWIW I would think long/hard before leasing a BRZ. Now that cars don't depreciate, leasing seems quite ill advised. You can just buy a car and drive it free.

I just got a Carvana offer for the lolz on the :jeep: and we could dump it and be at $138/month depreciation and $200 in maintenance for 40K miles. Leasing it would've been like $500+.
At that point, financing seems better, leasing may seem like a :scrooge: idea at first. I can mod it a bit too without any concern.

Also for the order, you only needed a deposit right, cause not surprisingly there are no gr86 nor brz on the lot right now. So accord seems like will stay a while. Maybe things change by the time i'll move.

I still wouldn't mind getting a slightly used either for the same price for the sake of not waiting it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:57 pm Yea you should run the :math: around moving too.. 50 cents a mile or so is the cost (post tax)or prob 70 cents pre tax … if you’re spending 1200miles a month commuting it can be a yuge extra expense.
I do plan this move after I move, my commute will go from 60 rountrip max to 16-18 miles. Which can only make my work commute 320 miles a month, when you factor 5 days a week. So I definitely have enough miles. I won't encounter much traffic cause I have no bridges to get across the river meaning va into dc. Whereas where we're moving its a straight shot almost into downtown dc work wise.

Also I have considered a 15k mile per year as well, but that seems like the same ballpark in financing
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So we have had a couple members who can't make up their mind.

Now its my turn,

Now I :plac: for which kinda car I should go for.

Some already know but the list as follows:

I seem to either want :stig: :manuel: offroad and plug in hybrid.

Driving situation. I'm moving 6 miles away from my work in downtown where I can't legally go over 40 mph. No highways, stop and go, and at times bad roads (not philly standards, they're horrendous)

:tits: and I have a serious relationship, we are pretty much a 1 car family for atleast a year. At times when I need some alone time, I wanna go for a drive, go to the track a few times a year.

Contenders: yes my mind :plac: all over the place.

List as follows:
- M340i
- S5 sportback
- M440i gc (if i can get over the front end)
- Volvo s60 recharge (specs is :tits:) or v60 recharge but too expensive.
- Brz :manuel:
- perhaps f30 340i :manuel:
- m240i :manuel: previous gen
- m2 (doable?)
- cucktoma trd pro :manuel:

And lastly
- rubicunt 4xe, the lease deals are just excellent. Since now I essentially became a beach bro amongst other things, i feel like this is a good contender. Normally i prefer the v6 and the rubicunt had it in CO so it was n
:notbad: in my book, but only using electric mode in the city is just awesome

I'll have more to write about later. But feel free to weigh in
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What lease deals are you seeing on the jeep ? And do you have a place to charge?
Manual trd pro tacoma is harder to find than a hype R
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:40 pm What lease deals are you seeing on the jeep ? And do you have a place to charge?
Manual trd pro tacoma is harder to find than a hype R
I have a whole bunch of places to charge within walking distance to my apartment.

I would still look around for :manuel: :taco: toyota is also being a :fullretard:

It seems atleast for the 4xe in particular they give incentives as a plug in hybrid which made hmmm

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

If those lease :dill: are legit that’s not bad… but when you say charge by your apartment what do you mean exactly? Like if you have to pay for it/wait for it I probably wouldn’t bother.

Can your gf drive manual?

What’s the budget here, $50k? Seems like maybe a lot for a city car, I like the cheap lease idea since your situation may change in a couple years living wise.

Honestly the used BMWs will likely be more enjoyable in the urban environment that a BRZ, definitely less fun though. I’ve owned versions of several things in question here haha, so LMK if you have questions.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:29 pm If those lease :dill: are legit that’s not bad… but when you say charge by your apartment what do you mean exactly? Like if you have to pay for it/wait for it I probably wouldn’t bother.

Can your gf drive manual?

What’s the budget here, $50k? Seems like maybe a lot for a city car, I like the cheap lease idea since your situation may change in a couple years living wise.

Honestly the used BMWs will likely be more enjoyable in the urban environment that a BRZ, definitely less fun though. I’ve owned versions of several things in question here haha, so LMK if you have questions.
More like 45k if not more. I am not willing to finance any msrp above that. If those lease deals on more expensive cars did came out legit, why the fuck not. Just commuting to work alone is just a hair less than 300 miles a month. I'd have plenty more miles left do drive other/further places. In short plug in hybrids seem to have incentives, like the s60, 4xe :wrangler: and I can see myself just using the electric motor to get my butt to work/back, couple grocery and costco runs in one range for a week tops.

My :tits: is willing to learn, she wouldn't mind learning it and let alone drive, also she just doesn't wanna drive period (atleast in dc itself, which is understandable), unlike some dsg brehs on golf forums, I have no excuses to choosing dsg (or auto) due to having :tits:

Hell her dad taught her mom to drive :manuel: when he had his foxbody 5.oh (also a mk4 supra before he switched to :truk: ) as the family's daily when she was in diapers. He works 6-8 months a year on a fishing boat for a long time. If her mom can, then I can :lol:

Her work is literally one metro stop away. Groceries, her barre class is practically 3 blocks at best whether it is safeway or whole foods (which does have charging). My apartment garage is also a paid public garage of 3 floors underneath my building. She barely needs a car, everywhere she needs to go in the city is accessible by metro. I will plan on doing the same for metro outside of work, as I have my own parking.

Also fwiw, the pool is in my building and literally 2 floors away too :excited:

While I'm looking and :plac: on contemplating decisions on my mind, I am willing to take my time, test drive to conclude what would be the next :plac: move for me. The jeep thoughts hits my head everytime we go to RehoBROth. I don't really need that car.

But I'm not going back to a GTI, WRX, Elantra N, pretty much anything that's both 4 banger AND FWD, except probably for s60 :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:jeep: is definitely in its element in a beach town/driving on the beach, that's for sure. Those are the times I enjoy it most.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So another shooting happened near :tits: place

We cannot wait to leave this dump. I don't live there but I stay there often. Get this, :tits: and roomie pay $2.6k combined, but its a 2 bedroom and the apartment is a 100 years old. Nice apartment but renovated, some people own their apartment there.

Where she currently lives is on its way to be gentrified, but her apartment in particular is across the street from a 10 story government housing where often times the same :mahtroy: brehs loiter around and many cars just pull up, assuming they sell drugs. This isn't the first time there was a shooting happened there, which is targeted.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:31 pm :jeep: is definitely in its element in a beach town/driving on the beach, that's for sure. Those are the times I enjoy it most.
I thoroughly enjoyed it in Colorado, despite the hardtop, it was much better than I was expecting. We went to Boulder, stayed a little outside of Denver, about 6-7 miles. Drove the red rocks and some hot springs we found but it was 2.5-3 hours away into eerie flat desert area then followed by mountains.

After driving the jku sport vs jlu rubicunt. It was a huge difference. Both had 3.6, while the jku was fun for what it was, I absolutely hated the way it drove. Jlu felt a lot different, for once I did not find myself shimming the steering often, but then again it may be modded as such. The 8 speed seems to do a pretty good job for power delivery for the 3.6. Driving in CO at times including some windy roads, which (as expected) it tends to be a little squirrely especially when you're not used to driving a vehicle as such on the regular.

That last point is where, I have second thoughts of "owning" it. I may not enjoy it the way it drives on the highway, as far as CO/Denver highway, it seems to be fine if I am patient in heavy traffic. We go to NYC, Bumfuck VA right by wv border and near Tennessee where I have drove twice by far, almost 5 hour drive in the dreary i81. I feel like I may get tired driving that for that stretch. If I get back to myself a more of a 9-5, then I may potentially go back to drive to FL. Amongst a bunch of other places.

I'll finish this post as + and -'s of me owning a Wrangler 4xe.

+'s
- great in the dc, it can take a beating, potholed roads. Plus the electric mode would last me almost a week, apparently forum breh's has no issues going 60 mph on it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
- when we have snows, no problem (also where I considered s5)
- it can get messy and easy to clean when you beachin.
- top down
- tackle the sand (afaik obx or the place mentioned below)
- do camping on Assateague Island (south of Ocean City MD), no real roads.

-'s
- whenever I take most roadtrips
- whenever I encounter mountain roads
- I may potentially get tired after a while on said roadtrips

I just know that I may :rage: when those occasions happen. I need to be :waxer:

But I have time and may potentially :plac: this fall until I make up my fucking unpredictable :plac: of a mind :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yep taking the Wrangler to the OBX north of Corolla where the road ends is very fun. It’s kind of :waxer: /occasional, if you can go more often, all the better.

It’s comfy enough on the highway, ride is good, it’s just the noise and steering get old.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:31 pm :jeep: is definitely in its element in a beach town/driving on the beach, that's for sure. Those are the times I enjoy it most.
I thoroughly enjoyed it in Colorado, despite the hardtop, it was much better than I was expecting. We went to Boulder, stayed a little outside of Denver, about 6-7 miles. Drove the red rocks and some hot springs we found but it was 2.5-3 hours away into eerie flat desert area then followed by mountains.

After driving the jku sport vs jlu rubicunt. It was a huge difference. Both had 3.6, while the jku was fun for what it was, I absolutely hated the way it drove. Jlu felt a lot different, for once I did not find myself shimming the steering often, but then again it may be modded as such. The 8 speed seems to do a pretty good job for power delivery for the 3.6. Driving in CO at times including some windy roads, which (as expected) it tends to be a little squirrely especially when you're not used to driving a vehicle as such on the regular.

That last point is where, I have second thoughts of "owning" it. I may not enjoy it the way it drives on the highway, as far as CO/Denver highway, it seems to be fine if I am patient in heavy traffic. We go to NYC, Bumfuck VA right by wv border and near Tennessee where I have drove twice by far, almost 5 hour drive in the dreary i81. I feel like I may get tired driving that for that stretch. If I get back to myself a more of a 9-5, then I may potentially go back to drive to FL. Amongst a bunch of other places.

+'s
- great in the dc, it can take a beating, potholed roads. Plus the electric mode would last me almost a week, apparently forum breh's has no issues going 60 mph on it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
- top down

-'s

But I have time and may potentially :plac: this fall until I make up my fucking unpredictable :plac: of a mind :lol:
Just get the Jeep out of your system. One nice thing about the Jeep is that no matter how old the thing is, it's a Jeep so nobody looks askance at it. 15 year old car? You are PWT. 15 year old Jeep? You are an ECLECTIC, ADVENTUROUS individual who relishes the BARE ESSENCE OF LIVING.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:05 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:05 pm

+'s
- top down

-'s

Just get the Jeep out of your system. One nice thing about the Jeep is that no matter how old the thing is, it's a Jeep so nobody looks askance at it. 15 year old car? You are PWT. 15 year old Jeep? You are an ECLECTIC, ADVENTUROUS individual who relishes the BARE ESSENCE OF LIVING.
So I can :stfu:

Nah once I get something else I will :crang: about after getting whatever car I got and end up going to a median, plus hit a sign cause I was posting another askhole post on here to prove myself that I am STILL an indecisive little bitch and say "mann I should've gotten a wrangler", but what should I do!!!!!!!!!!

:trollface:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:05 pm

Nah once I get something else I will :crang: about after getting whatever car I got and end up going to a median, plus hit a sign cause I was posting another askhole post on here to prove myself that I am STILL an indecisive little bitch and say "mann I should've gotten a wrangler", but what should I do!!!!!!!!!!

:impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:37 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:00 pm

:impressive:
Eh i try every once in a while :lolol:

Also I did date some broad that actually totaled her b9 audi a4 by driving into the median and knocked down a sign, its a good thing i never got in her car as a passenger after seeing all the scratches in her q3 :yikes:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Happy holidays everyone!

This has been a while.

Update on the accord. It is now 59k mi. To recap I got the car on halloween 2021, so it has been over 2 years. In the first year I hit 30k miles. That is composed how finding/going to new gigs, like New York literally 3 times within the first 3 months of overship (including spending over a week in NY/NJ), which has put the car 3k miles within the first month. Trips to Rehoboth dozen times up to this date. Driving 50 miles rountrip from home to see :tits: as car was only a few months old when I started dating her, which was a regular thing until we moved in together last August. Before that, I started working in downtown DC, roughly the first 8 months, I was driving 60 miles roundtrip.

Also roadtrips include:
- multiple ny trips
- boston > portland and back
- tampa
- philly
- couple west VA trips (250 miles one way tops to see :tits: family)

It is nice to have a 12 mile rountrip commute as I haven't had one since maybe high school. I can definitely see a decrease in mileage. Fwiw, my gas light went on 2 days ago, I drove to work yesterday with is, and I just drove it to work now and it can take me back home as I do intend to fill up near my apartment as there is one for a steal compared to most of the city. I have 25 miles of range left now as we speak.

Maintenance and all.
Trans fluid change (also I learned state of maryland charges less than VA, along with purchasing a vehicle, the processing fee is also a lot cheaper in Maryland than VA).
Original tires was 235's, I went from Pirelli P-zero-grip to Cooper zeon RS3 g1 with 245, and they do skid just a bit compared to burnout happy pzeros.
Main 2 reasons for 245, a) slightly better handling, which I can definitely feel 2) protect curb rashes when I parallel park regularly. Just today, I hit the tire to the curb when I was parking this morning, not a single scratch (I was also doing it slowly). The tires also improved the ride quality over bumps and imperfections substantially as well. So factory tires are kinda trash.

2 of the wheels were fixed as they were curb raped and they do rash easily when parking

Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Now time to :rolleyes:

:plac: thoughts, while this car has served me pretty well after my covid Turkey hiatus (i don't know why I sound like some digital nomad, tech bro or sumshit). Things were unpredictable for me when I came back. After being stuck with multiple rentals for over a month and things were still somewhat uncertain at the time. I pulled the plunge on something I can enjoy and take comfortable long distance drives with that can offer a peace of mind.

Now that I pretty much got my shit in order, I can still hang onto the car and take my time until I decide my next :plac: move.

:tits: doesn't really need a car, her work is one metro stop away and barre studio is 15 mins walk. Occassional girl brunch, depending whether I'm working or not, I can either drop off/pick up, she can take the metro, and if she needs to visit her family in bumfuck west virginia near Tennessee, she can rent a car off hertz that is just down the street from us. Our metro line also goes to our national airport.

If those circumstances change, then she'll get her Forester and I'll work myself to see if I can get a Supra :manuel: I also got myself an electric bike as well, so I plan to commute with it when spring comes. Got 2 bikes in the apartment now :lol:

Just simply trading it in, s5 sportback is my number 1 choice, m440i gc is my second (but a little too expensive), f chassis 440i gc is an affordable option, m pack preferable but I feel like it has been around a lot too much. Who knows. Once I can recover from furniture and new housing expenses :lol: couch is almost paid off.

Also selling some stuff on facebook marketplace, 2 work desks, plastic basic high chairs, piece of carpet etc. let me know.

Other vehicles, Clio is still with the family and they're in Turkey now for another month, not much miles have been driven but been to couple roadtrips and I take it back on again when I visit this upcoming summer.

Cucktrek is now in the garage every since they left shortly after thanksgiving, about 13k miles now as it is a lease. Got the car around October '22 roughly little over 14 months. May take it out and drive it for a week, as I do have some errands that the accord cannot handle + were expecting a storm but hasn't hit radar yet.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

What kind of gas mileage do you see on the 2.0T motor?

I’m am guessing low 20s overall with highway trips around 30?

Regular fuel?
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:39 am Now time to :rolleyes:

:plac: thoughts, while this car has served me pretty well after my covid Turkey hiatus (i don't know why I sound like some digital nomad, tech bro or sumshit). Things were unpredictable for me when I came back. After being stuck with multiple rentals for over a month and things were still somewhat uncertain at the time. I pulled the plunge on something I can enjoy and take comfortable long distance drives with that can offer a peace of mind.

Now that I pretty much got my shit in order, I can still hang onto the car and take my time until I decide my next :plac: move.

:tits: doesn't really need a car, her work is one metro stop away and barre studio is 15 mins walk. Occassional girl brunch, depending whether I'm working or not, I can either drop off/pick up, she can take the metro, and if she needs to visit her family in bumfuck west virginia near Tennessee, she can rent a car off hertz that is just down the street from us. Our metro line also goes to our national airport.

If those circumstances change, then she'll get her Forester and I'll work myself to see if I can get a Supra :manuel: I also got myself an electric bike as well, so I plan to commute with it when spring comes. Got 2 bikes in the apartment now :lol:

Just simply trading it in, s5 sportback is my number 1 choice, m440i gc is my second (but a little too expensive), f chassis 440i gc is an affordable option, m pack preferable but I feel like it has been around a lot too much. Who knows. Once I can recover from furniture and new housing expenses :lol: couch is almost paid off.

Also selling some stuff on facebook marketplace, 2 work desks, plastic basic high chairs, piece of carpet etc. let me know.

Other vehicles, Clio is still with the family and they're in Turkey now for another month, not much miles have been driven but been to couple roadtrips and I take it back on again when I visit this upcoming summer.

Cucktrek is now in the garage every since they left shortly after thanksgiving, about 13k miles now as it is a lease. Got the car around October '22 roughly little over 14 months. May take it out and drive it for a week, as I do have some errands that the accord cannot handle + were expecting a storm but hasn't hit radar yet.
Curious why you want a GC or a sport back vs the sedan
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Do you even hatchback utility, bro?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:27 pm Do you even hatchback utility, bro?
I don’t think the i4 had any more usuable space than my m3. Also not like he has kids etc, which still isn’t enough space for that either
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:55 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:27 pm Do you even hatchback utility, bro?
I don’t think the i4 had any more usuable space than my m3. Also not like he has kids etc, which still isn’t enough space for that either
M3 has more until you fold the rear seats down on the I4, which then has lots more. Do the M3 rear seats fold down? Couldn't find a definitive answer on the Googles. That may even things out a bit if they do.

2024 BMW M3
Luxury car
Body style: Sedan
Bore: 3.3″
Cargo volume: 13 ft³
Compression ratio: 9.3
Engine cylinder configuration: Straight engine
Dimensions: 189″ L x 74-76″ W x 56-57″ H
The i4 has above-average cargo room for a luxury electric car. There's a modest 10 cubic feet of space behind the second row, but it expands to an impressive 45.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:44 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:55 pm

M3 has more until you fold the rear seats down on the I4, which then has lots more. Do the M3 rear seats fold down? Couldn't find a definitive answer on the Googles. That may even things out a bit if they do.

2024 BMW M3
Luxury car
The i4 has above-average cargo room for a luxury electric car. There's a modest 10 cubic feet of space behind the second row, but it expands to an impressive 45.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded.
Yea I don’t usually count the folded seat volume as it’s kind of an exception. The sloping rear roof line does a number on the rear headroom in the i4/440. And somehow they also have less rear leg room ?! It’s quite noticeable …
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:58 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:44 pm

2024 BMW M3
Luxury car

Yea I don’t usually count the folded seat volume as it’s kind of an exception. The sloping rear roof line does a number on the rear headroom in the i4/440. And somehow they also have less rear leg room ?! It’s quite noticeable …
Yeah. Especially with a car seat. That shit ain’t going down lol.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:30 am What kind of gas mileage do you see on the 2.0T motor?

I’m am guessing low 20s overall with highway trips around 30?

Regular fuel?
Thats about it, regular fuel always. 18-21 in the nations capital and 28-32 on the highway depending on traffic