Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:04 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:39 am Now time to :rolleyes:

:plac: thoughts, while this car has served me pretty well after my covid Turkey hiatus (i don't know why I sound like some digital nomad, tech bro or sumshit). Things were unpredictable for me when I came back. After being stuck with multiple rentals for over a month and things were still somewhat uncertain at the time. I pulled the plunge on something I can enjoy and take comfortable long distance drives with that can offer a peace of mind.

Now that I pretty much got my shit in order, I can still hang onto the car and take my time until I decide my next :plac: move.

:tits: doesn't really need a car, her work is one metro stop away and barre studio is 15 mins walk. Occassional girl brunch, depending whether I'm working or not, I can either drop off/pick up, she can take the metro, and if she needs to visit her family in bumfuck west virginia near Tennessee, she can rent a car off hertz that is just down the street from us. Our metro line also goes to our national airport.

If those circumstances change, then she'll get her Forester and I'll work myself to see if I can get a Supra :manuel: I also got myself an electric bike as well, so I plan to commute with it when spring comes. Got 2 bikes in the apartment now :lol:

Just simply trading it in, s5 sportback is my number 1 choice, m440i gc is my second (but a little too expensive), f chassis 440i gc is an affordable option, m pack preferable but I feel like it has been around a lot too much. Who knows. Once I can recover from furniture and new housing expenses :lol: couch is almost paid off.

Also selling some stuff on facebook marketplace, 2 work desks, plastic basic high chairs, piece of carpet etc. let me know.

Other vehicles, Clio is still with the family and they're in Turkey now for another month, not much miles have been driven but been to couple roadtrips and I take it back on again when I visit this upcoming summer.

Cucktrek is now in the garage every since they left shortly after thanksgiving, about 13k miles now as it is a lease. Got the car around October '22 roughly little over 14 months. May take it out and drive it for a week, as I do have some errands that the accord cannot handle + were expecting a storm but hasn't hit radar yet.
Curious why you want a GC or a sport back vs the sedan
I realized that i am not as much of a fan as sedans as I thought I would, especially coming from an egg. Especially since beach trips amongst other trips. It's the hinges causes me to change positions. It's a good blend of practicality and not having the limited space of a golf. Also my dads Ford Mondeo (last car we owned before we moved to the US) in Turkey was also a liftback and it was practical for our TR-Greece and Bulgaria roadtrips.

For hatch activities, i find myself borrowing the cucktrek. Especially with finalized our move with my items.

By the time kids happen i'll :plac: and most likely :tits: forester, cx50 or q3 is the kid car. She strictly wanted to keep it for 10 years, like she did with Fiesta. But then again I see nothing wrong putting a baby seat in the s5. I grew up in a renault 9 as a baby, by baby cousin was sat in a porsche macan, which is a smaller backseat interior than a mk7.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:09 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:04 pm

Curious why you want a GC or a sport back vs the sedan
I realized that i am not as much of a fan as sedans as I thought I would, especially coming from an egg. Especially since beach trips amongst other trips. It's the hinges causes me to change positions. It's a good blend of practicality and not having the limited space of a golf. Also my dads Ford Mondeo (last car we owned before we moved to the US) in Turkey was also a liftback and it was practical for our TR-Greece and Bulgaria roadtrips.

For hatch activities, i find myself borrowing the cucktrek. Especially with finalized our move with my items.

By the time kids happen i'll :plac: and most likely :tits: forester, cx50 or q3 is the kid car. She strictly wanted to keep it for 10 years, like she did with Fiesta. But then again I see nothing wrong putting a baby seat in the s5. I grew up in a renault 9 as a baby, by baby cousin was sat in a porsche macan, which is a smaller backseat interior than a mk7.
Irrelevant on what anyone “grew up “ on. I grew up with no air bags or kid seats. But that’s not today’s environment. You need a minimum of 36” back seat space to make it accessible for a 5’6” adult and a crotch fruit.

Beach trips in Washington DC ? :wtf: explain this one to me
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:36 pm

Irrelevant on what anyone “grew up “ on. I grew up with no air bags or kid seats. But that’s not today’s environment. You need a minimum of 36” back seat space to make it accessible for a 5’6” adult and a crotch fruit.

Lot of people in my neck of the woods do this sort of route as a day trip (2nd pic). Along with other towns next to it. Also my cousins got a house in that town as well. Hence my lust with tacoma trd and wrangler 4xe.

Especially with this for the :truk: cause people camp there

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:44 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:55 pm

I don’t think the i4 had any more usuable space than my m3. Also not like he has kids etc, which still isn’t enough space for that either
M3 has more until you fold the rear seats down on the I4, which then has lots more. Do the M3 rear seats fold down? Couldn't find a definitive answer on the Googles. That may even things out a bit if they do.

2024 BMW M3
Luxury car
Body style: Sedan
Bore: 3.3″
Cargo volume: 13 ft³
Compression ratio: 9.3
Engine cylinder configuration: Straight engine
Dimensions: 189″ L x 74-76″ W x 56-57″ H
The i4 has above-average cargo room for a luxury electric car. There's a modest 10 cubic feet of space behind the second row, but it expands to an impressive 45.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded.
:word:

440i GC: 16 cubic ft
S5 Sport back: 22 cubic ft

A significant increase over the sedan shapes
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also doesn't :narc: carry kids in his :tits: jetta. Previously with a GTI.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:41 am

Lot of people in my neck of the woods do this sort of route as a day trip (2nd pic). Along with other towns next to it. Also my cousins got a house in that town as well. Hence my lust with tacoma trd and wrangler 4xe.

Gotchya ! I still wouldn’t rule out sedans :doe: the bmw hatches are kind of … not very hatchy.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:44 am
wap wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:44 pm

M3 has more until you fold the rear seats down on the I4, which then has lots more. Do the M3 rear seats fold down? Couldn't find a definitive answer on the Googles. That may even things out a bit if they do.

2024 BMW M3
Luxury car
Body style: Sedan
Bore: 3.3″
Cargo volume: 13 ft³
Compression ratio: 9.3
Engine cylinder configuration: Straight engine
Dimensions: 189″ L x 74-76″ W x 56-57″ H

S5 Sport back: 22 cubic feet

Ooofff.

Bingo, its about that wide opening. When i :dock: with Griff, my mtb was still in my parents house, and I finally brought it over with my parents cucktrek. Not my accord. I don't wanna install a tow hitch for something that i do not use very frequently.

What I'm looking for is a swiss army for cars, i want one that can "do it all". Performance, practicality, etc. and a big ole wide opening trunk. while I throughly enjoyed the accord, it's starting to wear off a bit.

The other day, my add with my :plac: literally thought leasing a polestar 2, mazda 3 hatch :manuel: and a v6 camry. But I discovered that electric cars are not for me (level 2 charger literally a block away and the car sat for 8 hours, :tits: was not amused when i took her to work) now even though I throughly enjoyed it for my commute. V6 camry looks cool cause theres one in my garage that i look at with nardo gray and red seats, and you bet it sounds good but it is silly to trade the accord in for it. :tits: did not approve golf r or gti nor did I, cause we went inside of a mk8 at carmax when fiesta was being appraised and she doesn't like the fact that its small. Mazda 3 is even smaller. But concluded none of those will happen other than maybe the polestar 2.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:46 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:41 am

Gotchya ! I still wouldn’t rule out sedans :doe: the bmw hatches are kind of … not very hatchy.
I did get a 430i gc and also rented an s5 sportback off turo. I felt like gc is not that different if any from my accord. S5 can swallow 2 luggages and all of our bags without a problem. The valet at the hotel complimented the trunk space too. We went shopping at an outlet in orlando on the way to her besties house (so shopping bags as well), when we checked out of the hotel on the way there
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The S5 would easily swallow a MTN bike too. The floor space is significantly bigger than any regular hatch like the golf or cucktreck. I'm still fully on board with that car and still want a used 2.0T Prestige trim.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:01 pm The S5 would easily swallow a MTN bike too. The floor space is significantly bigger than any regular hatch like the golf or cucktreck. I'm still fully on board with that car and still want a used 2.0T Prestige trim.
The 430 gc also felt slightly quicker than my 2.0t, which on paper it is the same, maybe its just more torquey. Sometimes I wonder if regular a5 is like that + prestige + tune as vw/audi are more lenient on mods than bmw. The biggest difference i can note is the transmission. Cause the accord 10 speed is more jerkier especially at lower speeds but smooth otherwise (also starts at 2nd gear on normal/eco mode), 4gc nor the s5 did not have that outside of dsg woes (which im used to). But the turo s5 was a 2018, so does not have the mild hybrid.

Although with my golf, i had to take front tire out in order to fit, but fits on the brim with the cucktrek without taking it off and tire touches the back of front seats. So its from a quick view memory recollection, its roughly 6-8 inches longer.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also :tits: got me this for xmas!!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The S5 and the BMW use the same ZF8 auto. The 2.0T Audi uses the 7spd DSG. Or at least it did a couple years ago when I rented one. If it was an only car for me I'd go with the S5 or 440.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:23 pm The S5 and the BMW use the same ZF8 auto. The 2.0T Audi uses the 7spd DSG. Or at least it did a couple years ago when I rented one. If it was an only car for me I'd go with the S5 or 440.
Ah yes, I remember when the b9 got unveiled that was the case. I just had too much fun with dsg i mean zf pops whenever i gun it
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:48 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:23 pm The S5 and the BMW use the same ZF8 auto. The 2.0T Audi uses the 7spd DSG. Or at least it did a couple years ago when I rented one. If it was an only car for me I'd go with the S5 or 440.
Ah yes, I remember when the b9 got unveiled that was the case. I just had too much fun with dsg i mean zf pops whenever i gun it
The ZF is really tough too if you want to :tuna: down the road
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

As explained on the off topic thread and also it has been an extensive recent discussion about batteries as of recent in max's :plac: thread

Yesterday as I was doing bunch of errands wi th my ohiokinowa cruiseship before going to work in the evening. I started the car multiple times.
- I have noticed a slight hesitation at starting (which has never done the day before)
- before doing my last errand, the hesitancy took longer
- there's this gas station that airs tires for free and set the temp. Once i went back on the car, no start, no crank, clearly it was the battery. I was assuming that was one fluke when my GTI couldn't start and had to be jumped and the car was fine for almost a year until it died for good. Guy at the gas station jumped started my car with no charge. Perfect!!
- then when i was leaving for work, it did the same thing. Went back home, grabbed my jumper cable portable charger thing and jumpstarted it (same thing as I was leaving work, and when i started in the morning to take :tits: to work before i head to autozone.

Yes a car thats 2 years old and 2 months the battery shat a brick.
Fwiw, this was practically a covid order car just couldn't spec the color and did it with my salesmen, waited 3 weeks to arrive at the dealer.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

That’s annoying but classic dead battery. I wouldn’t beat up the car too much about that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Looks like our Beep Beep’s aux battery is also dying, I need to test it this weekend. :ohwell: not much can be done there.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:18 am Looks like our Beep Beep’s aux battery is also dying, I need to test it this weekend. :ohwell: not much can be done there.
That’s really common. If it lasted this long you’re in the 1%
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:00 am That’s annoying but classic dead battery. I wouldn’t beat up the car too much about that.
Yea 2 years and change sucks but it is what it is. Cheap fix in the modern world of $1000 oil changes
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:07 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:18 am Looks like our Beep Beep’s aux battery is also dying, I need to test it this weekend. :ohwell: not much can be done there.
Good to know, I didn't even know it had an aux battery until this popped up. Slightly annoying that the first 'problem' is with a dumb, pointless system.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:07 am

Good to know, I didn't even know it had an aux battery until this popped up. Slightly annoying that the first 'problem' is with a dumb, pointless system.
Yea believe it or not a bunch were failing in 2019 or so less than 1 year after it came out.

And yea usually people replace them in pairs (main and aux)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:36 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am

Yea believe it or not a bunch were failing in 2019 or so less than 1 year after it came out.

I'll test 'em both. I don't really see why replacement in pairs is needed if one tests out fine. Sounds like :dillerman: rape logic.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:50 am
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:36 am

I'll test 'em both. I don't really see why replacement in pairs is needed if one tests out fine. Sounds like :dillerman: rape logic.
I think something happens the aux starts failing then the main gets overloaded etc … :iono: it’s been a while since I was shopping jeeps…

Main issues were loose steering + that battery and the shitty welds on the first year
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:52 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:44 am

S5 Sport back: 22 cubic feet

Ooofff.

Bingo, its about that wide opening. When i :dock: with Griff, my mtb was still in my parents house, and I finally brought it over with my parents cucktrek. Not my accord. I don't wanna install a tow hitch for something that i do not use very frequently.

What I'm looking for is a swiss army for cars, i want one that can "do it all". Performance, practicality, etc. and a big ole wide opening trunk. while I throughly enjoyed the accord, it's starting to wear off a bit.

The other day, my add with my :plac: literally thought leasing a polestar 2, mazda 3 hatch :manuel: and a v6 camry. But I discovered that electric cars are not for me (level 2 charger literally a block away and the car sat for 8 hours, :tits: was not amused when i took her to work) now even though I throughly enjoyed it for my commute. V6 camry looks cool cause theres one in my garage that i look at with nardo gray and red seats, and you bet it sounds good but it is silly to trade the accord in for it. :tits: did not approve golf r or gti nor did I, cause we went inside of a mk8 at carmax when fiesta was being appraised and she doesn't like the fact that its small. Mazda 3 is even smaller. But concluded none of those will happen other than maybe the polestar 2.
The 440i GC is not what I would call cavernous. I was always amazed what fit in a GTI and I am always amazed what DOES NOT fit in the 440i GC. The style points of the sedanish profile cut into the size of packages you can put in the trunk area proper big time. Shoulda just made a 440i wagon, but then we devolve into why don't they offer an M4 Wagon Competition Pack manual.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sounds like you should sell the 440i