OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:23 pm

“Speaking to The Current in April, professor of epidemiology Dr. Natasha Crowcroft said the scale of the current pandemic would push many people towards accepting a vaccine, but that clear communication would be needed to ensure trust.“

Thanks for the article Wappy.
:like:
I thought it was interesting how some things never change. Also agree with the sentence you quoted.
We haven’t evolved much past apes. :lol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:41 pm
wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm

My company is doing this. Up to a half day off to go get the shot, and up to a full day off the next day if needed. PLUS, a $60 bonus once you get your second shot. :notbad:
Woa, monetary compensation?! :nice:

This isn't official at all, it's just "getting my covid shot" is an accepted excuse to not participate in meetings and whatnot. In the WFH world, it's pretty much a day off.
Yep. Bossbro called a meeting of the whole company to announce it, along with the time off policy. All we needed to do was give a copy of the vax card once we got the 2nd shot, (or the shot if J&J) to HR and $60 showed up on the next paycheck as a bonus. So $40 after tax. :rolleyes: but still, :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:43 pm
wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 pm

:like:
I thought it was interesting how some things never change. Also agree with the sentence you quoted.
We haven’t evolved much past apes. :lol:
:notwrong: :lolol:
:rage: :(
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:41 pm
Woa, monetary compensation?! :nice:

This isn't official at all, it's just "getting my covid shot" is an accepted excuse to not participate in meetings and whatnot. In the WFH world, it's pretty much a day off.
Yep. Bossbro called a meeting of the whole company to announce it, along with the time off policy. All we needed to do was give a copy of the vax card once we got the 2nd shot, (or the shot if J&J) to HR and $60 showed up on the next paycheck as a bonus. So $40 after tax. :rolleyes: but still, :notbad:
My car dealer buddy is offering $100...........PER SHOT if you're going Pfizer or Moderna. He basically has two kinds of Anti-Vaxxers working for him. IDGAF youth salespeople, and middle management who has dem anti-vaccine political views. From his perspective it is inefficient to run a multi-dealership 500+ employee setup without full vaccination as an HR issue. Frankly if I had a big ass building full of peeps I'd be tempted to say either show me a medical reason, get vaccinated, or get the fuck out. But then I'd probably talk to my lawyer and adjust that strategy.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

UC and Cal State schools require vaccination if you want to attend next year. This is no problem of course because everybody in the state of CA is a liberal cuck.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm
wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:04 pm

My car dealer buddy is offering $100...........PER SHOT if you're going Pfizer or Moderna. He basically has two kinds of Anti-Vaxxers working for him. IDGAF youth salespeople, and middle management who has dem anti-vaccine political views. From his perspective it is inefficient to run a multi-dealership 500+ employee setup without full vaccination as an HR issue. Frankly if I had a big ass building full of peeps I'd be tempted to say either show me a medical reason, get vaccinated, or get the fuck out. But then I'd probably talk to my lawyer and adjust that strategy.
:troywax: but worth it, IMO.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:38 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm

:troywax: but worth it, IMO.
50 Grand to eliminate 95% of COVID HR issues at a 500 person company? Most managers would write that check in a second.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:17 pm
wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:07 pm

:dat:
I've heard of this sort of thing to get younger adults to get the fucking shot(s) already. I'm all for it if it works. :like:
.gov suggested drinking is a big no from me dawg.

What other vaccine has needed door prizes?
Oh I just noticed the big NJ... :derp: :lolol:

I have to agree with you here, :notsure: that is the move when we're talking about the gov sponsoring something like that.

I do think what KK is doing (or any brewery/restaurant/retailer) offering up a little bonus or gift for people who chose to get vaccinated is cool :doe:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:56 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:17 pm

.gov suggested drinking is a big no from me dawg.

What other vaccine has needed door prizes?

I have to agree with you here, :notsure: that is the move when we're talking about the gov sponsoring something like that.

I do think what KK is doing (or any brewery/restaurant/retailer) offering up a little bonus or gift for people who chose to get vaccinated is cool :doe:
I’m totally cool with businesses offering free stuff; but I’m not cool with the gov sponsoring it.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

max225 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:27 pm
haleyann wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:02 pm Admitted another young usually healthy dude for covid this morning. Becoming a regular thing.

Would be cool if people got vaccinated.
Why did he go to the hospital ? Major fever/breathing issues?
Felt like he couldn’t breathe, had chest pain, oxygen was low
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:44 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:31 pm

It's certainly interesting the number of people who believe the vaccines are deadlier than COVID.
It blows my mind. Friday we were hanging out with some "Friends" and somehow :tits: mentioned we're getting our second shot this week.

"NICE KNOWING YOU"
"WHY DO YOU WANT TO DIE?"
etc

She mentioned that the 1st shot was NBD and we're still here to talk about it, they're convinced that the vaccine is some dormant control thing that will kick in later down the line "when you least expect it" COVID is "basically a bad flu at worst" so why not just get the virus and let your immune system sort it out?

:mindblown:

We left shortly after, fortunately because I volunteered to help a neighbor move early Saturday. This country is :doomed: I'm reading that just about 40% of people in my state are vaccinated, and they don't expect that number to grow much. Those who want it, got it and it's not enough for herd immunity.
Yeah, I've dealt with some people who think the vaccine is a death sentence. One guy even brought up Bill Gates and the rich elite wanting to kill off some of the population because they have it figured out exactly how many people need to survive in order for them to retain all of their wealth, and the vaccine is a way to kill the sheep. I flipped it back on him by asking if it ever crossed his mind that maybe those choosing to get vaccinated are the ones who will be spared by Thanos. It hadn't.

I'm at the point now where if someone starts with the whole "yer gone die!" bullshit, I'm just going to respond with, "Yup. Because if the elite are really trying to kill us, then I'm going to assume that is just Phase 1, and I really don't want to stick around to see what's in store for the survivors."
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:31 pm

It's certainly interesting the number of people who believe the vaccines are deadlier than COVID.
"Interesting" is one way to put it.

I have a :jesus: freak cousin who's not getting vaccinated since he and his :jesus: freak wife both got covid from his :jesus: freak stepdaughter who got it at her :jesus: freak college( :facepalm: ). They apparently don't realize that the long term immunity from getting the 'vid is unknown at this point, but probably is only months.
They also don't realize that a COVID infection doesn't just end in either death or recovered. There are plenty of lingering effects that are showing to stick around for an unknown duration of time post recovery.

They also lose their shit over a news report about seven people getting blood clots after receiving the vaccine, but write off 575,000 COVID deaths as insignificant.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

This place is half a block from our house:

https://www.cltampa.com/music/show-prev ... hpfeatures

Feels good to live here.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:23 pm This place is half a block from our house:

Feels good to live here.
:fuckyeah: Good on them....
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:13 pm
wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 pm

"Interesting" is one way to put it.

I have a :jesus: freak cousin who's not getting vaccinated since he and his :jesus: freak wife both got covid from his :jesus: freak stepdaughter who got it at her :jesus: freak college( :facepalm: ). They apparently don't realize that the long term immunity from getting the 'vid is unknown at this point, but probably is only months.
They also don't realize that a COVID infection doesn't just end in either death or recovered. There are plenty of lingering effects that are showing to stick around for an unknown duration of time post recovery.

They also lose their shit over a news report about seven people getting blood clots after receiving the vaccine, but write off 575,000 COVID deaths as insignificant.
I pointed out to him the lingering effects post recovery but since they haven't experienced any themselves (yet), it's obviously not a problem. :rolleyes:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:23 pm This place is half a block from our house:

Feels good to live here.
:lolgasm: :megusta:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:36 pm
At my employer, "getting my COVID shot" basically gets you half, if not an entire day off without questions. That's motivating enough for me, but I get it. People are lazy AF.
My company is doing this. Up to a half day off to go get the shot, and up to a full day off the next day if needed. PLUS, a $60 bonus once you get your second shot. :notbad:

Bonus points if you know the source.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:56 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:13 pm

I pointed out to him the lingering effects post recovery but since they haven't experienced any themselves (yet), it's obviously not a problem. :rolleyes:
Ah, the good ol' "it isn't happening to me, so it isn't real."
wap

Melon wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Bonus points if you know the source.
:iono:
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:11 pm
:dat: :|
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:51 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:27 am I also did 104 miles on the bike on Saturday so I can’t tell if any of these other aches and pains are bike related or 5Gates related.

Shoulder is still sore. Tylenol has helped subdue the headache by about 75%. Have some stiffness in my neck that isn’t typical with a long day on the bike.

No swollen lymph nodes, no joint pain.

I definitely don’t feel 100% but I think I could’ve gotten through an office workday like this.

Landscaping work, especially with loud machinery... that’s a hard no.
Follow up to this.

Persistent mild headache throughout the day, finally said fuck it and took a 2nd dose of tylenol at 5:30pm and went out to the garage to work on the R53 after a quiet day of fertilizing and watering the entire lawn.

Shoulder pain subsiding, almost not there at this point, no other symptoms as I type this. Headache is gone. R53 interior is fully installed again.

Never took out the thermometer, so no idea on whether I ever had a fever or not.
Seems :notbad: overall.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 pm UC and Cal State schools require vaccination if you want to attend next year. This is no problem of course because everybody in the state of CA is a liberal cuck.
But not Miami, they threaten to fire the staff for those who got the vaccine.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:56 pm

I’m totally cool with businesses offering free stuff; but I’m not cool with the gov sponsoring it.
Absolutely not. That's a waste of spending IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:11 pm
"It's not that big of a deal, just a bad flu."

:rolleyes: :yeahok: