GOOD LUCK, PEX!!
:popcorn:
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:00 pm $20k over asking offer sent out. :doomed:

Which place? :excited:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:31 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:00 pm $20k over asking offer sent out. :doomed:

Which place? :excited:
Orange door :haus:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Good luck mang!

I just sent out another rental application too. Farther from Dan than I want but it's a brand new house for what I think is a reasonable price. I know we could find something better but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of not taking this is we get accepted. Dan's rental fallout story has me scurred.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1232 ... 6175_zpid/
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Floor plans always make me kinda wonder why master bedroom is still a term. Seems kinda something that the 2020-21 PC crowed would’ve freaked out over by now
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 am Floor plans always make me kinda wonder why master bedroom is still a term. Seems kinda something that the 2020-21 PC crowed would’ve freaked out over by now
It's offensive when the master bedroom is 15x20 and the other bedrooms are all 11x10 which is most houses build from 2000-2015.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

All rooms matter
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 am Floor plans always make me kinda wonder why master bedroom is still a term. Seems kinda something that the 2020-21 PC crowed would’ve freaked out over by now
Like you don't know.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

I’ve already seen social media clips raging about dis.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Still going back and forth with these jackasses in Florida... now that I've given them 3 different bank approvals, they want the appraisal contingency removed.

Are houses not appraising for their current (rapidly appreciating) market values?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:22 pm Still going back and forth with these jackasses in Florida... now that I've given them 3 different bank approvals, they want the appraisal contingency removed.

Are houses not appraising for their current (rapidly appreciating) market values?
Time to SWAT their house
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:22 pm Still going back and forth with these jackasses in Florida... now that I've given them 3 different bank approvals, they want the appraisal contingency removed.

Time to SWAT their house
Honestly just pay a crack-head to molotov their car tonight
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It’s more just of a way for them to make sure you don’t back out of the house.

Given the “national bank” comment and this follow up I’m assuming they may have received an offer in the past that fell through. And they are worried it may happen again
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Given the “national bank” comment and this follow up I’m assuming they may have received an offer in the past that fell through. And they are worried it may happen again

What does your realtor say? Did they pull "comps" from the MLS that show other similar houses going for near the same amount? Can they give you copies, so that you can make a case if the bank under appraises?

Of course that's a double edged sword because want to appraise high to get he loan and low for tax purposes. Be nice if we could all pull a :thankstrump: when it came to shit like this.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:44 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:56 pm

What does your realtor say? Did they pull "comps" from the MLS that show other similar houses going for near the same amount? Can they give you copies, so that you can make a case if the bank under appraises?

Of course that's a double edged sword because want to appraise high to get he loan and low for tax purposes. Be nice if we could all pull a :thankstrump: when it came to shit like this.
How does the appraisal have any bearing on taxes? Usually the county takes the actual sold value when you first buy it.

Also I’m assuming :mahtroy: is well under his top line budget. So if the house appraises for less he can just put in more down to keep the bank happy.

I’d remove the contingency to make it stick. The :dill: is done
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Most likely not
Irish

I would think that the one good thing is that it it appraises too low to get financing for what you offered then you were likely being ripped off in the first place......

However, what happens if you remove the contingency and the full financing doesn't come through? I would assume you are on the hook for the difference then......
Last edited by Irish on Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:57 pm
Irish wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:44 pm

How does the appraisal have any bearing on taxes? Usually the county takes the actual sold value when you first buy it.

Also I’m assuming :mahtroy: is well under his top line budget. So if the house appraises for less he can just put in more down to keep the bank happy.

You're right, I was thinking about it the :wrong: way
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
Irish wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:44 pm :dat:

I mean we technically can put more down but it requires liquidation of investments and incurring capital gains taxes. We're at the top of our 15-year budget, but far from the top of the 30 year budget.
Apex

At least Troy hears anything after he puts offers in.
Irish

Man I don't envy either one of you house hunting in this market..... really pulling for you :doe:
troyguitar

Apex wrote:At least Troy hears anything after he puts offers in.
FWIW this offer was originally sent on Wednesday. Getting responses from these people has been like pulling teeth. That's part of why I'm :notsure: right now. If they actually cared about closing on time then they would have told us about all of these concerns several days ago.
Last edited by troyguitar on Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

Irish wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:34 pm Man I don't envy either one of you house hunting in this market..... really pulling for you :doe:
I just need to accept the fact that I’m too poor to own anything, and that homelessness is perfectly acceptable.
troyguitar

Contract fucking signed. We might actually get out of here alive. :excited:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:55 pm Contract fucking signed. We might actually get out of here alive. :excited:
:fuckyeah: