OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Oh, apparently they took another offer is why we haven’t heard anything.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:25 pm
Our next door neighbors brought home their ~22ft Chris Craft bowrider (stunningly gorgeous boat) Sunday afternoon from storage. Yesterday it was sunny and in the mid-50's very pleasant, the dude was outside doing some maintenance on the boat. Walked the dog by today in the snow and the dude was trying to cover the boat quickly because the snow came out of nowhere. "Fantastic boating weather we're having today huh?" I shouted at him down the driveway. He just looked glared at me down the driveway and shook his fist...I could see the :rage: in his eyes. :lolol:

Meanwhile, our poverty Gayliner is toasty warm in my old man's heated garage downstate. I don't want to tease myself with it until I can put in the water.
Oh man.... I feel for him

Smart move on your part leaving it down there until you're sure Spring has truly sprung....

I envy your set up man...... I would love to live on water with a slip and a hoist.

Speaking of, have you arranged for that and does the HOA truly cover it???
We contacted the company that the HOA contracts to install our docks and hoists every year. They have a used 10 year old 4k lb manual hoist with a 22' awning for $4k, guaranteed to work and they'll fix it if it doesn't. It's exactly what we need for our boat, and the same model new is $10k and sold out through August, so we'll take the gamble with used. They'll deliver and install it for free for us when they come to install for the neighborhood.

After that (this fall), it's $450/year to install and remove the hoist for the season, and that's tacked onto our dues. Our final HOA tally will be $1,250 for the year which includes the slip, dock, putting the hoist in and out, and all other neighborhood things like plowing snow in the winter, maintaining the tennis courts, parks, and hiking trails, waterfront maintenance (seawall, beach, boathouse, etc). It seems like a phenomenal deal even just for a slip on lake mi, but better, east grand traverse bay which is notoriously calm and epic for boating. Definitely excited.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 pm Oh, apparently they took another offer is why we haven’t heard anything.
:wtf: :rage:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 pm Oh, apparently they took another offer is why we haven’t heard anything.
:wtf: Well that would explain quite a bit. The radio silence is beyond rude.
Last edited by RLWake on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 pm ‘88 was better :fightme:
Us 85 models might be able to take you...collectively.
:notwrong::lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

RLWake wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 pm
Well that would explain quite a bit. Still hate the radio silence.
Seriously. Nothing :rage: me worse than poor/no communication.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm
Us 85 models might be able to take you...collectively.
:notwrong::lol:
:zing:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Oh man..... truly sorry brah.....
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:Oh, apparently they took another offer is why we haven’t heard anything.
What in the fuck?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wow. :mahtroy: smiling is :mindblown:

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:wtf:
I thought they already accepted your offer. And I didn't think they could accept another one once yours has been accepted?
:rage:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm
Apex wrote:Oh, apparently they took another offer is why we haven’t heard anything.
What in the fuck?
Yeah...
Apex

wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:53 pm
I thought they already accepted your offer. And I didn't think they could accept another one once yours has been accepted?
They did accept our offer. We were in attorney review which apparently means our offer still isn’t accepted, and took a cash offer who waived appraisal.
Apex

Now back to wasting hundreds a week in gas/food to look at another 30 houses and multiple offers before anything happens again.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:36 pm
Detroit wrote: :jelly:

It snowed here today and spun wife into a depression. Worst time of the year right now in northern states.
:disgust:

I'm glad I finally figured this out at age 35, most people take until 60+ to :gtfo: of the North. Happiness might be a state of mind for some people, but I need a little more.

Dude! Im fucking happy for you to finally figure it out! That smile says it all. :fuckyeah:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

TIL: a signed and accepted offer doesn’t mean shit.
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:55 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:53 pm

They did accept our offer. We were in attorney review which apparently means our offer still isn’t accepted, and took a cash offer who waived appraisal.
Fuck man. Really sorry to hear that. :(
Apex

I would do fucking anything for some :mahtroy: luck right now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 pm TIL: a signed and accepted offer doesn’t mean shit.
Man, NJ is fucking weird. WTF is an "attorney review" anyway?

A signed offer is legally binding in Michigan. Only way out is through contingencies (inspection, appraisal, etc).

I'm sorry dude, that really fucking blows. This market is fucked.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 pm TIL: a signed and accepted offer doesn’t mean shit.

A signed offer is legally binding in Michigan. Only way out is through contingencies (inspection, appraisal, etc).

Same here in Illinois. I don't get it.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Maybe NJ requires attorney review of contracts before they become legally binding? Still seems so weird, purchase agreements are pretty standard these days.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:59 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:57 pm

Maybe NJ requires attorney review of contracts before they become legally binding? Still seems so weird, purchase agreements are pretty standard these days.
Yeah there are a number of states where attorneys do the work of escrow companies. I would personally rather drive truck but its a major area state by state legal difference.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:01 pm
Yeah there are a number of states where attorneys do the work of escrow companies. I would personally rather drive truck but its a major area state by state legal difference.
Attorneys are always used by buyers and sellers here so I guess the "review" is done automatically. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh wow, interesting. That sort of work sounds terrible, but probably rather lucrative these days.

So there's no escrow/title company in these states, it's all handled by the lawyers?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Attorneys are always used by buyers and sellers here so I guess the "review" is done automatically. :iono:
Bought and sold 4 houses in MI now, never encountered a lawyer.