Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Yeah she was in agreeance pretty much.

He has missed TONS of work, like 50% of the time since he's been here. He makes a lot of excuses constantly, etc. He's never available to his customers when they need things. He is a nice guy and has a lot of experience in sales and in our industry he just doesn't seem willing to put in the effort this job requires (which really isn't all that much IMO).
Um, what does he even do? That's not acceptable IMO, and I'm always amazed to hear about people like this. How they make it through life is beyond me.
And :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

He has missed TONS of work, like 50% of the time since he's been here. He makes a lot of excuses constantly, etc. He's never available to his customers when they need things. He is a nice guy and has a lot of experience in sales and in our industry he just doesn't seem willing to put in the effort this job requires (which really isn't all that much IMO).
Um, what does he even do? That's not acceptable IMO, and I'm always amazed to hear about people like this. How they make it through life is beyond me.
Turns out they don't, he is gone :nuke:

I guess bossbro already planned to shit can the dude and just wanted to see if we had anything to offer to sway his initial feeling. We did not.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:44 pm

What does CMcCF look like? And have we identified the core reasons that she is a..........has a poor attitude?
Mid fifties, short, plump, white hair down to the waist, looks older than she is due to a pack-a-day American Spirit habit. Kind of a wanna be hippie as far as style goes.

She is a very dramatic person, gets extremely fired up over everything. She is one that always seems to think her sales numbers are :wrong: and she is somehow getting screwed out of commissions. She is also just shameless... our customers are basically all install companies so most of the people we talk to are blue collar small business owners and she is always on the verge of hitting on them over the phone - it's a very male-dominated industry so she is an anomaly in this sense.

Funny enough now that I never have to actually see her I really don't mind her, she is very good at sales and an extremely hard worker, but her style couldn't be more opposed from mine.

She will pick up the phone and call someone and be like "Hey Evan, what are you doing, can you buy some shit from me this month so I can feed my granddaughter?" I take a more consultative and technical approach.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:44 pm

What does CMcCF look like? And have we identified the core reasons that she is a..........has a poor attitude?
Mid fifties, short, plump, white hair down to the waist, looks older than she is due to a pack-a-day American Spirit habit. Kind of a wanna be hippie as far as style goes.

She is a very dramatic person, gets extremely fired up over everything. She is one that always seems to think her sales numbers are :wrong: and she is somehow getting screwed out of commissions. She is also just shameless... our customers are basically all install companies so most of the people we talk to are blue collar small business owners and she is always on the verge of hitting on them over the phone - it's a very male-dominated industry so she is an anomaly in this sense.

Funny enough now that I never have to actually see her I really don't mind her, she is very good at sales and an extremely hard worker, but her style couldn't be more opposed from mine.

She will pick up the phone and call someone and be like "Hey Evan, what are you doing, can you buy some shit from me this month so I can feed my granddaughter?" I take a more consultative and technical approach.
Good info.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 pm
Turns out they don't, he is gone :nuke:

I guess bossbro already planned to shit can the dude and just wanted to see if we had anything to offer to sway his initial feeling. We did not.
oh wow. :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Buh buy bad employee dude.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

He must have already been through several rounds of :bruh: and this was the last straw.

:ohwell:

Best of luck to the guy, but :wtf: man. This isn't a terribly hard job, it's pretty chill really. :butwhy: throw that away?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:26 pm He must have already been through several rounds of :bruh: and this was the last straw.

:ohwell:

Best of luck to the guy, but :wtf: man. This isn't a terribly hard job, it's pretty chill really. :butwhy: throw that away?
Yeah, but it's clearly not a priority to him.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

In other work news, our new executive director decided to have an online survey that involved a part that was titled "Ask me anything." So, I asked.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:51 pm Image

In other work news, our new executive director decided to have an online survey that involved a part that was titled "Ask me anything." So, I asked.
:lolol:
IF he comes back with, "African or European?" Don't ever quit.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm Image
:fuckyeah: :wub: :baby: :wasteful:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Dang, he is a big boy already!

Are you working from home with the fam for now?
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:13 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:51 pm Image

I was hoping for that response, but it never came. :disappoint:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:10 am
Dang, he is a big boy already!

Are you working from home with the fam for now?
He’s 5.5 months old now.
WFH generally. At some bs hourly mechanic training for the next few weeks as union strike contingency. Had to rent a car to get to it. Hah.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:wub: Cute kid dude.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:13 pm

:really: :|
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:43 am
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 am

:dat: :butwhy: not
ChrisoftheNorth

Single stage snow blower + Northern MI lake effect snow = incredible workout.

My little Ego single stage snow blower can do our entire driveway (that's a loop) on a single charge with battery to spare. Seriously :impressive: little thing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am Single stage snow blower + Northern MI lake effect snow = incredible workout.

My little Ego single stage snow blower can do our entire driveway (that's a loop) on a single charge with battery to spare. Seriously :impressive: little thing.
Yeah. If I live somewhere with lake effect snow I'm running two stage 10 hp IC with trax.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am Single stage snow blower + Northern MI lake effect snow = incredible workout.

Yeah. If I live somewhere with lake effect snow I'm running two stage 10 hp IC with trax.
I'll need to step up to a two stage eventually (probably be forced soon if we get a bad storm), but so far I'm turning lemons into lemonade by viewing it as an epic workout. Biggest thing is I'm :mindblown: by how well the Ego single stage works in this environment. I'll be buying the new Ego 2 stage eventually.
Huckleberry

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 am
wap wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:43 am

Some people just aren't cultured, I suppose.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:13 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 am

Some people just aren't cultured, I suppose.
:disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, my original prediction with bossbro ended up coming true as well, I got promoted to "Senior Account Manager". I am retaining my sales duties and also picking up some management stuff for two other salespeople. I am kind of meh on this as I now have to direct two people for an extra $4K/year, at least one of which is a friend that I hang out with outside of work.

All of that said, I am on a path to get into more of an outside business development manager, so I'm glad the company is trying to work me up into a better position and further my career.

Bossbro and his bossbro got on a video call with me together to congratulate me, I was never given the offer to turn it down :lolol: Ultimately though, it seems the management piece will likely be fairly temporary if I want it to be and will be good experience, so overall it is :nice: .
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:46 pm Well, my original prediction with bossbro ended up coming true as well, I got promoted to "Senior Account Manager". I am retaining my sales duties and also picking up some management stuff for two other salespeople. I am kind of meh on this as I now have to direct two people for an extra $4K/year, at least one of which is a friend that I hang out with outside of work.

All of that said, I am on a path to get into more of an outside business development manager, so I'm glad the company is trying to work me up into a better position and further my career.

Bossbro and his bossbro got on a video call with me together to congratulate me, I was never given the offer to turn it down :lolol: Ultimately though, it seems the management piece will likely be fairly temporary if I want it to be and will be good experience, so overall it is :nice: .
Congrats man, that's really in order. At the very least, they see the potential in you to be promoted. Despite being a bit meh for you personally, it's pretty :fuckyeah: overall. People management skills are good to develop IMO.

I've never been with a company that I feel valued me. You at least have that...and that's pretty awesome.