OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:31 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:30 pm

That sounds like an actual power outage issue due to some shit rather than the rotating outages they are doing.
No idea, but he is pretty unhappy and ranting about how the government of austin and texas has failed them.
I understand his pain... can’t just blame the government though... this is some once in decades level storm. However, I think moving forward the government of Texas should upgrade infrastructure to ensure this doesn’t happen as severely.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:03 pm

No idea, but he is pretty unhappy and ranting about how the government of austin and texas has failed them.
I understand his pain... can’t just blame the government though... this is some once in decades level storm. However, I think moving forward the government of Texas should upgrade infrastructure to ensure this doesn’t happen as severely.
Well :member: When some of y'all were ganging up on our wild fires. SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS GOING TO SNOW BRO. YOU'RE IN A SNOW STATE.

Last 8 months have been really horrendous weather wise.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:27 am
wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:10 am

:hai:

Went out at 9:30 last night in the middle of the blizzard to snow blow/shovel for over an hour so that at least I'd be able to get out of the garage this morning.

Woke up this morning, showered, dressed, went downstairs and turned on my phone. There was a group text from work saying they decided to declare a snow day so we don't have to go in. lol

Turned around, went back upstairs, got undressed, went back to bed, and slept for 3 more hours. :fuckyeah:

Guess I'll eat something and go back out there to remove the rest of the snow.
:notbad:

Wow, you leave your phone off and downstairs overnight and don't check it upon first waking up? I wish I could say I did the same, that is some serious :wap: :lolol:
I do that intentionally. Don't want to be that much a slave to it. I don't consider it as so much :wap: as just a little protection for my sanity.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:29 am
wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:11 am

You still have heat?
Amazingly, we have not lost power at all throughout this. Not even a flicker
:fuckyeah:

Hope that continues for you!
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:31 am

Wow, you leave your phone off and downstairs overnight and don't check it upon first waking up? I wish I could say I did the same, that is some serious :wap: :lolol:
:amazing: I can’t imagine :millennial:
I'm already enough of a slave to technology. Why add to it?
max225

wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:02 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:31 am

:amazing: I can’t imagine :millennial:
You're not :wrong: I just :disgust: with my own phone usage.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:49 am
wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:10 am

:hai:

Went out at 9:30 last night in the middle of the blizzard to snow blow/shovel for over an hour so that at least I'd be able to get out of the garage this morning.

Woke up this morning, showered, dressed, went downstairs and turned on my phone. There was a group text from work saying they decided to declare a snow day so we don't have to go in. lol

Turned around, went back upstairs, got undressed, went back to bed, and slept for 3 more hours. :fuckyeah:

Guess I'll eat something and go back out there to remove the rest of the snow.
:impressive:

I've never ever had a work snow day.
5/7 owners FTW.

This is only the second one we've had in my 28 years here, but we did did close for 2 days a couple years ago because of super bitter cold, like -15, -20 before wind chill, to the point that we couldn't heat the plant sufficiently to keep the workers comfortable.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:56 pm

Ice and snow can be absolute motherfuckers on power lines. The weight alone can cause a line to go down, or as I had happen, cause trees to fall and take things out. Put that in an area where people aren't used to working or driving in those conditions, and you're gonna have a bad time.
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I started to leave my phone in a different room when I go to sleep. Ringer on, etc if someone needs to get a hold of me. I :nuke: my brain cells enough when I'm awake that I think this is a decent lifestyle change. I think that I have better sleep TBH
wap

I think it's funny how TX is so full of anti-gubment, "rugged individuals" who want to secede from the US but as soon as they lose power for a few hours they cry about how the gubment they don't want has failed them. Not specifically referring to you, Trudy, or even Max's friend. Flame suit on.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:05 pm

I wish I could :doit: but I don't think I can... :disgust:
wap

Got it. :like:
That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid :doe:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:01 pm

I do that intentionally. Don't want to be that much a slave to it. I don't consider it as so much :wap: as just a little protection for my sanity.
Same. I work for myself so ain't no bossbro calling me. It would just have to be a client who now considers everyday "blursday" in terms of the appropriateness of their timing. Don't contact me after 6 p.m. Don't contact me on weekends. You can harass me via email if that's your jam.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:13 pm I started to leave my phone in a different room when I go to sleep. Ringer on, etc if someone needs to get a hold of me. I :nuke: my brain cells enough when I'm awake that I think this is a decent lifestyle change. I think that I have better sleep TBH
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:18 pm

:butwhy:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Same. I work for myself so ain't no bossbro calling me. It would just have to be a client who now considers everyday "blursday" in terms of the appropriateness of their timing. Don't contact me after 6 p.m. Don't contact me on weekends. You can harass me via email if that's your jam.
YUP!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

So much this ^ But with the nature of my business I do need it on and within reach 24/7. It sucks.

Our collective addiction to being plugged in 24/7 is hurting us as individuals and as a people. Make no mistake, we are being surveilled and manipulated en masse... and its going to keep getting worse.....

I'm sure this has been discussed here already but I found this illuminating...

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I keep my work phone on and in the living room with the ringer up. I pretty much use it as my alarm...if someone calls me, I wake up and start my work day. Otherwise, I just wake up naturally and go about my business.

Tech is great if you use it right and don't abuse it. I've been working at putting my personal phone down more to enjoy life.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:13 pm I started to leave my phone in a different room when I go to sleep. Ringer on, etc if someone needs to get a hold of me. I :nuke: my brain cells enough when I'm awake that I think this is a decent lifestyle change. I think that I have better sleep TBH
Same! It works great.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:18 pm

Mostly boredom :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:50 pm
wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Mostly boredom :iono:
This is my big issue. We don't mindlessly watch TV or whatever boredom time wasters, so I end up scrolling DFD or reddit to kill time. It's just hard to keep from falling into the trap of scrolling endlessly for hours at a time.
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Well :member: When some of y'all were ganging up on our wild fires. SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS GOING TO SNOW BRO. YOU'RE IN A SNOW STATE.

To be fair, wild fires are a common occurrence in Cali. Major snow storms and winter systems aren’t that common, at least not in south Texas.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:17 pm

I think it's funny how TX is so full of anti-gubment, "rugged individuals" who want to secede from the US but as soon as they lose power for a few hours they cry about how the gubment they don't want has failed them. Not specifically referring to you, Trudy, or even Max's friend. Flame suit on.
FWIW, most of what I have seen on all sides is a major disappoint at the utilities providers and grid management. That does bleed into frustration at local gov and state gov as well, but most people are using this as an example of why monopolized utilities are bad
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:44 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:08 pm

To be fair, wild fires are a common occurrence in Cali. Major snow storms and winter systems aren’t that common, at least not in south Texas.
There is no historical record of the wildfires as bad as we've had last august>Nov. NO HISTORICAL RECORD. Plenty of snowfalls recorded in Texas during the modern US history. That said this is simply to treat others the way you want to be treated. There are some pretty terrible things happening in texas right now...

People can't even text... no water... no power... :wtf: this is bad.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:45 pm
wap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:17 pm

FWIW, most of what I have seen on all sides is a major disappoint at the utilities providers and grid management
. That does bleed into frustration at local gov and state gov as well, but most people are using this as an example of why monopolized utilities are bad
That makes more sense. The problem with no utilities monopolies is one of practicality. What do you do, have multiple electric lines and gas lines running parallel down every street with each one tapping off into whatever :haus: has decided to use their service? I don't know the answer but it seems like some kind of centralized delivery system needs to be employed. I would love for it to somehow happen, :doe: .