OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:04 am
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:50 pm Speaking of which, my second order of NA brews will be here Thursday.

I've gotten quite fond of the booze-free beers. Even had my first shower beer. 5/7.
Apparently sales of NA beers has been climbing throughout the pandemic.
Sales and prices of everything have been climbing throughout the 'demic.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:42 am Guys - from this point forward I'll move COVID chat to a "covid OT thread" - i think we all both want to talk about it and need a place free from it.

I'm not going to go back and do past moves but this is the go forward approach.
:like:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:30 am
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:57 am I’d like to see non politicized numbers of this plandemic.

So far the cdc just stated that 6% of the 150k deaths were due to covid without pre existing conditions.

Also countless examples of gross disregard of any or all safety measures never resulted in mass deaths. (Peaceful protests, bike rally’s etc)

So ... why can’t I fucking go to a gym for 6+ months
I haven't had the :balls: to say this on here as I know there will be some condemning, but I do agree with this statement. It is absolutely real and a risk, but there isn't a lot of hard data, the .gov changes their opinion daily (partly politics, partly new science/discovery). Given all of that I feel comfortable with a middle ground approach of going about my life but also taking many precautions (not going out to indoor places other than quick grocery store visits, wearing masks in public, WFH, social distancing, blah).

It is frustrating that all of our "leaders" operate on an agenda... you have the freedumbs people saying it's all a big joke and they should be voted in to provide freedumbs from the fake virus, and then you have the left side pontificating that Republicunts are trying to kill us all to earn freedumb votes. It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I don’t agree with Max’s post because the 6% thing is a sound bite of a misinterpretation/misunderstanding of medical documentation, but I agree with your frustration. Especially when you think about other countries now that overwhelmingly have banded together, or our own moments in history when the country came together with common purpose when there was a major outside threat like this.
:therapist:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:42 am Guys - from this point forward I'll move COVID chat to a "covid OT thread" - i think we all both want to talk about it and need a place free from it.

I'm not going to go back and do past moves but this is the go forward approach.
Oh... so what else shall we discuss?

I had an English muffin with peanut butter this morning. I usually only have some whey around 10 AM so breakfast was a nice little treat.
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:35 am
Melon wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:34 am The best "new" Star Wars is Rogue One and the Mandelorian.
I think the new movies will become forgettable like the prequels, but I'll watch those a few more times. I think they'll hold up longer as well.
I'm not a Star Wars guy but Rogue One was a good fun and engaging action movie. I'll watch the Mandelorian at some point but I have so much other stuff in the queue.
What’s in your queued up list?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:45 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:30 am

I haven't had the :balls: to say this on here as I know there will be some condemning, but I do agree with this statement. It is absolutely real and a risk, but there isn't a lot of hard data, the .gov changes their opinion daily (partly politics, partly new science/discovery). Given all of that I feel comfortable with a middle ground approach of going about my life but also taking many precautions (not going out to indoor places other than quick grocery store visits, wearing masks in public, WFH, social distancing, blah).

It is frustrating that all of our "leaders" operate on an agenda... you have the freedumbs people saying it's all a big joke and they should be voted in to provide freedumbs from the fake virus, and then you have the left side pontificating that Republicunts are trying to kill us all to earn freedumb votes. It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I don’t agree with Max’s post because the 6% thing is a sound bite of a misinterpretation/misunderstanding of medical documentation, but I agree with your frustration. Especially when you think about other countries now that overwhelmingly have banded together, or our own moments in history when the country came together with common purpose when there was a major outside threat like this.
TO that point, I just have no fucking idea what the actual facts are, which is sort of what he was stating as well I think. :ohwell:

I have just given up on news and now live in my little bubble, I talk to like 20 people online (here) and about 20 in real life and that is it.
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:46 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:45 am

Oh... so what else shall we discuss?

I had an English muffin with peanut butter this morning. I usually only have some whey around 10 AM so breakfast was a nice little treat.
Covid related is fine as it's part of our life right now, I mean more of the discussion about it directly.
Move my post for me bitch.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:22 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:53 am Canadian scientists are experimenting with concentrated goji berry extract, kind of a hail mary effort because they are touted as being highly anti-inflammatory so maybe the extract will be helpful. Has anyone heard of a product being used on extreme cases that works well? Asking for a friend (Griffballz sister obviously).
Wait, on extreme cases of the 'VID? I'm confused.
Cases where medical support or intervention is required. :iono: , some people end up in hospitals.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Moving my question to OTXXX
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Trying to think of non 'VID things to talk about...

I think I'm actually getting commission for August. $600 which ain't shit really but better than nothing :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I probably could've made more if our company could actually ship fucking product :doe: Anyone else have to deal with logistics at work? Curious if this is something that is happening across the board. The "because 'VID" excuse is getting old when my customers are pissed because their product can't arrive on time and thus can't complete their projects and get paid on time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

All of that said I don't feel like working, so going to keep posting.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:20 am All of that said I don't feel like working, so going to keep posting.
:mahman:
Apex

I keep forgetting I have a 3 day weekend coming up. :excited: thanks .gov!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:16 am I probably could've made more if our company could actually ship fucking product :doe: Anyone else have to deal with logistics at work? Curious if this is something that is happening across the board. The "because 'VID" excuse is getting old when my customers are pissed because their product can't arrive on time and thus can't complete their projects and get paid on time.
Product delays ✅
Pissed customers ✅
No phone support ✅
Bank branches grandly closed for weeks ✅

I'm pretty pissed too, and so are some really big clients, it doesn't impact my bottom line at least but if it did I'd be fuming. The customer service thing is the biggest crock IMO, people can literally answer a phone even at the height of this shit, no excuses for poor service especially from a bank that hits customers with fees monthly.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:16 am I probably could've made more if our company could actually ship fucking product :doe: Anyone else have to deal with logistics at work? Curious if this is something that is happening across the board. The "because 'VID" excuse is getting old when my customers are pissed because their product can't arrive on time and thus can't complete their projects and get paid on time.
I have tons of background on this if you ever wanted to know.
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:44 am
Product delays ✅
Pissed customers ✅
No phone support ✅

I'm pretty pissed too, and so are some really big clients, it doesn't impact my bottom line at least but if it did I'd be fuming. The customer service thing is the biggest crock IMO, people can literally answer a phone even at the height of this shit, no excuses for poor service especially from a bank that hits customers with fees monthly.
What banking issues have you had?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:51 am

Product delays ✅
Pissed customers ✅
No phone support ✅

I called to close an account, no answer on numerous tries over numerous days, for special requests please visit your local branch. Local branch closed due to "Covid-19", go to another branch at 123 Fake St. 123 Fake St branch has a lineup around the building, so I went home. Boo, you suck TD
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:59 am
Apex wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:51 am

I called to close an account, no answer on numerous tries over numerous days, for special requests please visit your local branch. Local branch closed due to "Covid-19", go to another branch at 123 Fake St. 123 Fake St branch has a lineup around the building, so I went home. Boo, you suck TD
Ahh gotcha.
Yeah, call volumes have skyrocketed during the VID.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:59 am

Ahh gotcha.
Oh I see, I thought that they just fired everyone. All good then.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Product delays ✅
Pissed customers ✅
No phone support ✅

Our issues have been:
1. There are so many shipping/supply chain issues that customer service is getting 2-3X the normal call volume
2. These positions are normally rotating pretty frequently - it's entry level to the company, so people get promoted to accounting, sales, etc. and need to be replaced. They also just have higher turnover as a $40K/year job. ALl of this compounded with the .gov happily paying people $50-60K to not work has created a major shortage. I assume other companies are in this boat as well.

It is very frustrating though, to be expected to generate revenue growth, when 80% of my day is dealing with :bs: customer service issues because our customer service team is failing to do so. This eats into time I could be actually selling. Despite all that, I generated 11% more revenue than August '19, in an industry that is down 30% YoY, and because my quota is more like 25% growth, I am only getting $620. Kind of makes me wonder :butwhy: I am even bothering to try.

:ohwell:

Major first world/middle class probs as I'm still getting paid a salary to sit at home all day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Ahh gotcha.
Nah, see above. Also, people have more time on their hands now, so more people call for stupid reasons than ever before.
Apex

Ahh gotcha.
Doubtful, but anything is possible.
With everyone being home they have time to call and complain about everything, tying up the lines for people who need real assistance. Some days our volume has been up nearly 300%.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:24 am
wap wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:18 am

A nice tall glass of bleach I've heard works well. ;)
You hear that from a Starbucks barista?
:nope:
The Orange one Himself :thankstrump:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Doubtful, but anything is possible.
With everyone being home they have time to call and complain about everything, tying up the lines for people who need real assistance. Some days our volume has been up nearly 300%.
All the Karens messing with my phone support peeps. :disappoint: