Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Wifey is off to a Peloton studio to demo one. :popcorn:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

If anyone in PA land wants a free set of rollers let me know. They're old Performance brand jawns, with plastic drums that have bumpers molded in. Pretty hard to fall off them. Unfortunately due to crotchfruit I can't deliver them, you'd need to swing by Philly to pick them up. Pics if you want / need them but they look like this:

Also unfortunately I cannot ship them at this time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 am Had a big oops this morning... I had a fun ride planned with some hill climbs... well, 3 miles in, I came up to a busy four way stop sign. I had my right foot still clipped in as I was sitting in a line of a couple cars, inching up as we alternated through the stop. Got to the front of the line and hesitated as there was an X3 to my left, wasn't sure if she was going or not, and just toppled over (totally my fault, not the driver's) and twisted my right ankle pretty badly as it was still clipped in. It hurt but I was able to get up after a minute, I pulled my bike off the road and limped around while the pain subsided a bit. I was able to ride home but it hurt a bit and it really hurts to rotate out of being clipped in. I am hoping this subsides in a day or two, I was planning to hit another metric century this weekend.

In positive news though, at least four cars pulled over to ask if I was OK and two offered to give me a ride home, really 5/7 response from everyone who saw it happen. It's nice to see some kindness. While I usually notice the douchebag :truk: bros who honk at me for no reason, they are certainly a tiny minority in the overall populous.
Ouch mang, I had that happen to me once when I was in the middle of falling off the rollers. I tried to unclip my left foot quickly, but instead it stayed in and I bit it hard, and twisted my ankle pretty good. Wasn't a real bad sprain or anything, but definitely sore for a couple days.
Yeah it still hurts but I can walk OK and drive. I'm just hoping I can ride this weekend, :tits: has a bunch of plans not involving me, so I was hoping to get some epic riding in.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:plaid:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:50 am
coogles wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am Wifey is off to a Peloton studio to demo one. :popcorn:
Well? :waiting:
:lolol:

We're getting one. :fuckyeah: Our creditz is always frozen and I guess the freezes didn't lift yesterday, so affirm couldn't approve the 0% interest crap, hopefully it'll go through today. Getting the :fancy: new Bike+.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:51 am
coogles wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:00 am:plaid:
:dat:

Group of 6 total including myself, just rolling train.
Can imagine it's a lot of fun to be that fast and have a group who can all keep that kind of pace. I'm making it my goal this winter to get in real cycling shape so in the spring I can at least be respectable. With my other athletic goals and the corresponding weight that brings ( :massles: ) I'll never be a competitive cyclist, but it'd be fun to get somewhere close to that. I've warned my wife that having a Peloton will make me want a real roadie again come spring. :troywax:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:51 am

:dat:

Group of 6 total including myself, just rolling train.
Can imagine it's a lot of fun to be that fast and have a group who can all keep that kind of pace. I'm making it my goal this winter to get in real cycling shape so in the spring I can at least be respectable. With my other athletic goals and the corresponding weight that brings ( :massles: ) I'll never be a competitive cyclist, but it'd be fun to get somewhere close to that. I've warned my wife that having a Peloton will make me want a real roadie again come spring. :troywax:
Go ahead and order that now if you want it by April :mahman:

It has definitely gotten more fun for me as I've gotten a little faster. Initially descents were just shit for me where I was puckering up the whole time, it's quite enjoyable now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:54 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:50 am

Well? :waiting:
:lolol:

We're getting one. :fuckyeah: Our creditz is always frozen and I guess the freezes didn't lift yesterday, so affirm couldn't approve the 0% interest crap, hopefully it'll go through today. Getting the :fancy: new Bike+.
I recently got denied for PayPal credit on a purchase :really: I have an 800 +/- score, zero debt other than :haus: and :jeep: , both shared with :tits: . Mortgage was about half of what we were approved for I think. :wtf:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 am

It has definitely gotten more fun for me as I've gotten a little faster. Initially descents were just shit for me where I was puckering up the whole time, it's quite enjoyable now.
Website says 4-8 weeks. Could be :fakenews: , we'll see.

I think a set of faster-rolling tires and me being in real cycling shape would make a HUGE difference in how much fun I have on the Trance. I'm never going to be a 145lb weight weenie, but if I can drop a few pounds at least and really improve my cardio and cycling-specific endurance, I think getting rowdy on the trails would be quite a bit more fun.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:49 am

I think a set of faster-rolling tires and me being in real cycling shape would make a HUGE difference in how much fun I have on the Trance. I'm never going to be a 145lb weight weenie, but if I can drop a few pounds at least and really improve my cardio and cycling-specific endurance, I think getting rowdy on the trails would be quite a bit more fun.
:notwrong: After I had been riding a ton on the road, going out and shredding 15-20 miles on the trails really did become a blast, you can just focus on the line/technical aspects of MTB rather than being gassed on climbs. It did make riding with my MTB buddies tough though, because they are done at like 7 miles.
Johnny_P

In Sedona I test rode a Santa Claus Hightower with some Minion DHF/DHR combo. Tons of grip. Rolled so damn slow. I was pooped after like 12 miles and not because it was a big elevation day.
Johnny_P

Single speed cyclocross with cantilever rim brakes as a city bike? With racks and shit?

Cinelli Tutto?

What else is out there? Aluminum preferred.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 am Single speed cyclocross with cantilever rim brakes as a city bike? With racks and shit?

Cinelli Tutto?

:butwhy:

Isn't steel much better for commuting?

My Raleigh is pretty :notbad: with MTB flat pedals and Conti RideTour tires for commuting about.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I guess I shouldn’t ride this weekend :rage:

It doesn’t feel too bad. I also have a 5/7 Recovery Pal:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

ooooohhh, pretty colors!
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:27 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 am Single speed cyclocross with cantilever rim brakes as a city bike? With racks and shit?

Cinelli Tutto?

My Raleigh is pretty :notbad: with MTB flat pedals and Conti RideTour tires for commuting about.
Steel is fine. Durable. Stuff tends to seize up and rust if it's left out in the weather where as aluminum won't.

Kinda like this but with knobby tires.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am

In Sedona I test rode a Santa Claus Hightower with some Minion DHF/DHR combo. Tons of grip. Rolled so damn slow. I was pooped after like 12 miles and not because it was a big elevation day.
Yeah man. I haven't played around with tires at all, but everyone says they make a HUGE difference. I have the original 2.4" High Roller II on the front and a 2.35" Aggressor on the back. I think I want to switch it up to Dissector on the front and a Rekon out back.
Last edited by coogles on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:45 am

The Peloton is a great asset for getting fast. Follow me when you get it - @[user not found]
Will do!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:42 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:27 am

Steel is fine. Durable. Stuff tends to seize up and rust if it's left out in the weather where as aluminum won't.

Kinda like this but with knobby tires.

:word: The corrosion is a great point I wasn't thinking about. Steel rides pretty :nice: and is strong/cheap which is why I thought of it, but for all weather it is indeed a pain. I prefer to avoid the rain if possible, I'd rather just run if it's raining, mostly because I don't want my bike to get all filthy and corroded.

Everyone says aluminum road bikes ride terribly, I've only ever been on one on a trainer so I have no idea. The Domane I test road was full carbon Ultegra :troywax: spec.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 pm

:word: The corrosion is a great point I wasn't thinking about. Steel rides pretty :nice: and is strong/cheap which is why I thought of it, but for all weather it is indeed a pain. I prefer to avoid the rain if possible, I'd rather just run if it's raining, mostly because I don't want my bike to get all filthy and corroded.

Everyone says aluminum road bikes ride terribly, I've only ever been on one on a trainer so I have no idea. The Domane I test road was full carbon Ultegra :troywax: spec.
Modern aluminum is fine. It’s a bit stiffer than carbon, but not bad.

Steel is legitimately comfy though.
:word: My aluminum MTB rides great :lolol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tires make a bigger difference than anything, IMO. An aluminum roadie on 28s will be more comfortable than a carbon roadie on 23s or 25s.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

My aluminium bike on tubeless 40s at 35 psi is painfully uncomfortable. :thisisfine:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Peloton is getting delivered November 16. :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 pm My aluminium bike on tubeless 40s at 35 psi is painfully uncomfortable. :thisisfine:
Some frames are harsher than others. With tires that low, the frame itself shouldn't really make much of an impact.

Do you have a carbon fiber seatpost? Where is the pain now? Sorry I haven't been checking in to this thread lately.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:50 pm Peloton is getting delivered November 16. :fuckyeah:
:nice: